Adria Reviews

Poljicka Cesta, Bajnice, Split, Croatia

BEST HOSTEL. Was so sad to leave this place.. Could have stayed for weeks. The staff were amazing and super relaxed so the whole place had a great atmosphere. It was directly on the seafront so had amazing views and the rooms were spacious too. We were lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the sea which was beautiful. Felt totally safe too. Couldn't recommend this place enough. Amazing place to relax and have fun as everyone was super friendly. Will go back as soon as I can! GO HERE NOW

This hostel is awesome!! If you want to be away from the craziness of the city of Split then this is the place for you, especially considering that it is only about a 25 minute bus ride into the city center of Split. We were very happy to have our own spot right on the water when we didn't feel like packing everything up to go to a beach. Boris, one of the Staff members, was incredibly hospitable and friendly. It was a great vibe at the hostel and the room was affordable and impressive!

• 25th Jul 2015

This hostel is paradise. The Adriatic sea is on your doorstep, literally. The family who run the hostel are friendly; despite not speaking English, they still make you feel very welcome. There are excellent cooking facilities with three fridges. Hostel is eight miles from Split, but there is a regular bus right outside. However you feel as if you don't even need to visit the city when you are so at home in the hostel. We had a kitchen in our room with a balcony and AC. This hostel was perfect.

Very nice and polite staff. Picked us up from the airport, room very tidy and neat, free upgrade. Overall great stay!

• 24th Jul 2015

Great hostel, staff very friendly and helpful. Quite far away from Split city centre, half an hour on the bus, but the buses are regular and cheap so not so much of an issue. Hostel is right on the water front and has a lovely chilled atmosphere.

We really enjoyed our stay- perfect location by the sea with good bus links into town, downside was bus took 30mins to an hour depending on traffic to get into Split. Security was good but we couldn't lock our door from inside the room.

The hostel itself is situated beautifully on the coast, but they should DEFINITELY mention the town of Jesenice in their adress. The GPS doesnt recognize "basnice", cause its part of Jesenice. It took us 1,5 hrs from Split to find it, having to ask for directions several times..

This place is awesome to get out of the city for a few days and relax. The sea is literally steps away from the rooms and the atmosphere is awesome and staff are super friendly. If you want to go to Split it's only around a 30min bus ride away but it's not bad at all. I'd definitely come back here without a doubt in my mind

Lovely especially the beach :)

Great little hostel right at the water. Lots of sun, common area was great for chatting with others, staff were friendly and cats were cute. Had an amazing stay. If you get a change to use the fire pit to cook do so (ask for the flame-thrower)

our room was amazing! Did expect such a big room with a private kitchen and bathroom

• 13th Jul 2015

We were staying during a music festival so the prices were a lot of money. Aditionally, we had booked amd paid for a provate fouble, but were put in a 4 bed dorm. The first night 2 people were brought in as we were sleeping with no warning, and when questioned there was no explanation for this. We were also not offered any money back. The kitchen facilities are lacking, and the whole hostel was grimy - the bathroom especially. The rescuing factor was the beautiful seafront right outside.

The hostel was far from the airport and not extremely close to downtown Split. You need to take a long bus ride. It is hard find; our driver couldn't figure it out based on the address. It is a good hostel if you're looking to sit by the water. We walked to find food, but there are no restaurants in close proximity. There is a very small convenience store/market down the road (15-20min walk). Overall, it was alright. It is pretty expensive considering the accommodations.

After reading reviews I was SO excited to visit this hostel. However, I was sadly disappointed when I got there. First. I arranged a shuttle to pick me up from the train station which never showed, so I had to pay over €40 for a taxi to take me there. I got there expecting (which was stated on THEIR WEBSITE) free breakfast, a "welcome drink", free laundry, and a location only 15 min from Split. All of this was a complete lie.ONLY thing that made it worth it was ocean was on property.

I am totally obsessed with the location and setting of this hostel. However, the list of positive attributes ends there. The reception is difficult to find--, every backpacker came in confused and asking "where is reception?" since a) there is no signage and b) the staff are not greeting anyone. The staff are reasonably nice but NOT helpful or informative. Dorms did NOT seem secure, anyone could have walked in. Kitchen area was locked when I left in the AM so I had to leave my food there.

Adria was a great place to stay to get away from Split and see a quiet bit of the coastline. Good kitchen and nice people.

You have to know that this hostel is not in Split, it's in Bajnice, a very peaceful village close to Split. So book it if you're into having very calm days at the beach. Also, I thought the facilities are a bit poor, they could improve their WiFi, have lockers in rooms, individual reading lights...

The place is not 20 min far, is like 30 and is right in the highway so is very difficult and dangerous to cross the street. The girl who was at the reception was very moody and didn't help at all with common questions. The bathrooms were really dirty. I would never recommend this place to anyone

This hostel is NOT in Split! It is far from the center of Split, you have to take a very inconvenient, long bus ride. If you want to stay in Split, do not stay here.

Dear guest, we are sorry we couldn´t meet your expectations. Hostel Adria is 8 miles and 25-35 minutes by bus from center, train, bus and harbour. There is a exact location on the map shown in the description. your hostel Adria Team

Really friendly staff, but was a bit too far away from the centre of split, taking 45 minutes by bus in peak hour. The location itself was nice though, ideal if you want a more relaxed stay.