Advantage Hostel Reviews

Sokolska 11, Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is okay. It's nice with breakfast and there's bread and cheese. The location is a bit far away from city center but walkable. My room smelled a bit strange and there's no air con or fan. The activities in the evening are nice but are short and not so many people joins. No good common room.

Brent, Lukas, Franta and Jan who work there, have always been so supportif and gave us the best tips for the city. Thank you guys! We had a great time in this hostel, there is even a kitchen where u can meet othere people and cook. Everyday there is something going on like beer tasting or sangria evening. We recommend this hostel for people who look out to meet new people and like to party and chill.

Much more social hostel than others I've stayed at, have 1 planned event everyday at 8pm and it's a good way to meet people. Location isn't as central as other hostels but it's cheap and easy to find the "main prague" area. Breakfast is really good for a hostel, toast, ham, cheese, pastry, yogurt, cereal, tea, coffee, juices. Nice that it's 24/7 and the staff was good at helping us find places to go to eat/drink/party

a bit out of the way but a nice enoughlĺ

Loved our stay in this hostel, large rooms, great restaurant downstairs

Great hostel. Comfy beds with huge lockers, lots of sockets, shelves and lamp for each bed plus good wifi. Overall very clean. Free towels (for deposit) and FREE BREAKFAST of bread, cereals, hams, cheeses was really appreciated. Location isn't perfect but it's just a 10-15 min walk and then you're in a central bit of Prague. Fairly easy access to train stations and airport as it has a metro station just a 2 min walk away. Overall brilliant hostel, thanks!!

Good location and value for money, however make sure you bring a padlock for the lockers. My friend and I were interrailing ans so decent wifi, plug sockets next to the bed and a free breakfast were all features of this hostel that were really great to have and made our stay a lot more enjoyable. There didn't seem to be air con in our room but as we only stayed one night it didn't bother me too much.

Really liked this one! The bathroom could have been just a bit cleaner, but I didnt care really. Recommended!!!!

I wasnt too happy at this hostel. I loved the activities they plan each day. Good way to meet people. But the mattress on my bed was seriously the worst ive ever slept on. The rooms were insanely hot and the hostel is on a main road. So with the windows open it sounded like the cars were driving through the room. They really need to invest in some new mattresses and at least a pedestal fan!

this hostel is amazing, the workers are so helpful and tell you the best places to go to in the day, and where to go to experience the best night life. Each day the hostel organises a different activity, on our first night we got free hot dogs what a dream come true. The hostel is really cosy which makes you feel more at home. The atmosphere is so good here and would advise anyone whos going to Prague for a short break to stay here.

The rooms on 3rd floor have no even a fan. it's too hot on summer. I couldn't close the window so the sun comes at 6am and you will wake up anyway. The bathroom has no privacity, once the shower's door is transparent. The showers doesn't work. Wifi weak and sometimes does not work. They have good activities, but the staff don't tell you, they don't advertising so who cares if there is something if nobody knows. You can find something better.

A very nice, spacious room in an excellent location. Staff were pleasant and the general atmosphere was enjoyable. Only note is that there was no air conditioning in the rooms and its location on a main road meant opening the window was very noisy, although ear plugs were available at reception.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Lukas and his team is just amazing. This is the best place to stay if you are in Prague. They make you feel like as if you are staying at a hotel. If i ever go back i am going stay again at this place.

Thank you for your comment! It will be pleasure to welcome you back again. Hana, manager

More likely a home than a hostel :)

Thank you for your kind comment. We really appreciate it! Hana, manager

Best hostel on my whole trip

Comfortable hostel. The breakfast is alright (especially because it's free!). The kitchen was always clean and looked fine to use - though we never did because we were trying lots of lovely Czech restaurants ~ The location is right next to a metro station, though it's also not that long a walk to the river or Old Town :) No place to change for showers except in your room or in the middle of the women's bathroom, but as long as you don't mind wandering about in a towel it's okay.

• 28th Jul 2015

This was our favourite hostel of our whole trip so far!!! Great place to stay and only a short walk from all the attractions of Prague!! They make the effort to bring travellers together through events every night of the week and encouraging/promoting free tours around the town! Fantastic place!!!

Thank you for your comment. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed all activities we are offering to our guests and that you liked it :-) Hana, manager

The hostel had a great feel, easy to socialise with other guests, they hosted a free beer tasting night when I was there and met other people, who I later then went out to the bars with! The bedrooms are basic, with rubbish curtains and squeaky beds, but I was very happy with my stay, it was a lovely hostel and great value for money

Very enjoyable stay. Good atmosphere in the common area. Bathrooms a bit shabby. Thanks also to Lucas for all his help!

experienced a really nice stay at this hostel. Super chill environment and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Did the Czech cooking night with karel and loved it! Even when I was checked out one of the staff guys, Brent, volunteered himself to walk us to the metro and helped us find our way to the airport. Definitely recommend this place!

• 21st Jul 2015