Advantage Hostel Reviews

Sokolska 11, Prague, Czech Republic

Was disappointed with the accommodations and vibe of the hostel. Was not as friendly or as comfortable as I would expect. The breakfast was a plus.

Overall this hostel is OK types, there is nothing very special about it. But some are the areas which they can improve on are- 1. Shared Toilets & Bathrooms are very small. 2. Beds given to us were comfortable but it used to make noise when you move on bed. 3. No mirrors in the room. 4. Breakfast was very average. 5. As the hostel located on one of the main roads, continuous vehicle noise (police sirens) in the night.

It was a 2-night stay. I asked for a quiet bedroom and was given one in the restaurant/bar (on the groundfloor). Staff passing by all the time and tables next to the window. Super noisy. Bedroom door was broken. I asked to change bedrooms but they were fully booked and there is no management from Friday afternoon onwards on weekends. Needless to say I had no sleep that night. I was changed to a different bedroom for my 2nd night - fine one. Other than that, good hostel. Just dont get bedroom #01

• 26th Sep 2014

No issues at all. Ill stay again if im ever in prague :)

Advantage Hostel is wonderful place to sleep when you are vistitng Prague. It is not in the city center but it's close to metro, trum and bus. I definitely recommend this hostel to young people who do not spend a lot of money :)

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Overall the hostel was good value for money. The only minor difficulty was the lack of privacy for changing in the ladies showers on the first floor.

Nice hostel within walking distance to main attractions and metro station. Free breakfast included yoghourt, ham and cheese and pastries. I will go back when I return to Prague!

had difficulty going up the stairs with my 2 large luggages, no lift. far from city centre

Lukas and Dana were the absolute best! They made our stay so enjoyable!

Good connection to the wifi, shower room is clean, the room is large, locker is large enough to put my huge backpack, free breakfast, strongly recommend everyone to stay. I will definitely return when visiting Prague again! Staffs are really helpful, especially Radek and Josef, Radek is very nice, even I asked for taking shower after checking out, and since I left my sunglasses in the hostel, and Josef is the one contact me and even send me back, really appreciated for that!

The hostel was a bit of a walk from the city centre and famous sites however the public transport in Prague is good and cheap so well worth getting. Our room was nice and spacious as there was only 4 of us in a 6 person room. The hostel also offered free breakfast down in the basement which was limited but not bad for free!

It was a very nice place overall. When we first got there the staff was kind of rude but when we came back someone else was working and was really awesome. It's about 20-30 minute walk to the castle but there is so much to see on your way it didn't matter and it's only about 3 minutes from the train station is that's a plus!! We would definitely stay there again!!

Enjoyed my stay here. Would stay again in future. Loved the nightly activities run by Kaja. Gr8 way to meet everyone

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Had a great experience. Included breakfast is a huge bonus. Bathrooms were fine and the staff was helpful with our questions.

Great location for train station and centre of Prague. Took around 10 minutes to walk to old town. Beautiful city. Hostel had a good atmosphere with common/garden area to meet new people and travellers. In a large female dorm which we liked! Would recommend.

I enjoyed my stay here as well as the breakfast! I highly recommend staying here!

Nice location. Kitchen (ground floor) was fully equipped but kitchen (2nd floor) was very dirty&smelly. Excellent security. 1 woman staff and a long-hair guy staff were very helpful, but there was 1 guy staff who was very rude to us. We were unaware that kitchen on ground floor was closed at 12am, no one informed us earlier & we found zero information on any notice. The staff told us off on 1145pm RUDELY and even when i apologized personally, he showed me angry face and replied: "What can I do?'

Staff friendly and helpful. We missed the pub crawl but heard great things about it, free beer tasting, sangria night and summer drink night could do with a little more spicing up.. No fans in the room which when windows closed got quite warm but if open very noisy. The bathrooms were cleaned everyday. This was a good social hostel with decent size common rooms.

Advantage hostel was about a 15 minute walk from the main area of Prague, but it was a really easy walk. The rooms were really nice, and the free breakfast was great. The staff at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful with anything we needed!

The staff was not so friendly. The exchange rate for paying the accommodation fee was very poor (I recommend people to pay in local currency CZK instead of EURO). The Prague castle tour was nice.