Advantage Hostel Reviews

Sokolska 11, Prague, Czech Republic

It was a very nice place overall. When we first got there the staff was kind of rude but when we came back someone else was working and was really awesome. It's about 20-30 minute walk to the castle but there is so much to see on your way it didn't matter and it's only about 3 minutes from the train station is that's a plus!! We would definitely stay there again!!

Enjoyed my stay here. Would stay again in future. Loved the nightly activities run by Kaja. Gr8 way to meet everyone

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Had a great experience. Included breakfast is a huge bonus. Bathrooms were fine and the staff was helpful with our questions.

Great location for train station and centre of Prague. Took around 10 minutes to walk to old town. Beautiful city. Hostel had a good atmosphere with common/garden area to meet new people and travellers. In a large female dorm which we liked! Would recommend.

I enjoyed my stay here as well as the breakfast! I highly recommend staying here!

Nice location. Kitchen (ground floor) was fully equipped but kitchen (2nd floor) was very dirty&smelly. Excellent security. 1 woman staff and a long-hair guy staff were very helpful, but there was 1 guy staff who was very rude to us. We were unaware that kitchen on ground floor was closed at 12am, no one informed us earlier & we found zero information on any notice. The staff told us off on 1145pm RUDELY and even when i apologized personally, he showed me angry face and replied: "What can I do?'

Staff friendly and helpful. We missed the pub crawl but heard great things about it, free beer tasting, sangria night and summer drink night could do with a little more spicing up.. No fans in the room which when windows closed got quite warm but if open very noisy. The bathrooms were cleaned everyday. This was a good social hostel with decent size common rooms.

Advantage hostel was about a 15 minute walk from the main area of Prague, but it was a really easy walk. The rooms were really nice, and the free breakfast was great. The staff at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful with anything we needed!

The staff was not so friendly. The exchange rate for paying the accommodation fee was very poor (I recommend people to pay in local currency CZK instead of EURO). The Prague castle tour was nice.

My parents and I visited Prag and stayed here, and it was a wonderful choice, within walking distance from everywhere, even if its a backpackers place there were people of all ages, the breakfast was very complete, I asked via email for a quite room and no problems of any kind, the staff is very helpful and even recommended us where to have traditional check food at the most affordable price. Overall we had an extraordinary time, I would certainly recommend it and go back if I can !!! :)

We had a great experience staying in Advantage. Rooms were massive, kitchen was great and fully equipt, common room was smallish but still good, about a 20 minute walk to the clock tower, but the stand out was the staff. They were phenomenal and so helpful, especially Franta. He was always happy to help no matter what time and gave us great advice on places to see, eat and party!

Bathroom was always wet and messy and the shower curtains were a little bit see-through and transparent however apart from that this Hostel was great.

Clean and multiple cooking areas, comfortable enough beds and always hot showers. Overall not a bad hostel for value.

Very nice hostel, just outside the main city center, but easily reachable by foot. Great breakfast buffet, really clean bathrooms, organised and comfy rooms. Our female dorm was a bit noisy because of the street, but nothing much. Very good price, highly recommended

We had a great time in this hostel. Particularly the staff, Kasia and Karola, couldn't do enough to ensure we had the best time possible.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is a refuge for people who want to get black out drunk everyday. When we got back to the hostel late at night there was a random person sleeping in my bed. The beds have one support beam for your back. Unless you want to meet sexist bros or past sorority princesses then stay as far away as you can from this hostel.

Can feel the bed springs, beds are a bit shakey, but otherwise wonderful hostel. Wifi works well everywhere, nice big lockers, amazing included breakfast, two kitchens (and fridges) are a huge plus, close to subway, not bad walk to tourist center, store just north open late that takes credit cards. Big room was mostly partiers doing pubcrawl, but not too obnoxious. Did have room mates that wouldn't close the door, though.

Busy Standard Hostel, Quite Clean.

the hostel is well located, it is also clean.. the services and not bad, but also not so good.. it is a regular hostel, i recomend it, not as one of the best i stayed, but it is ok

Great hostel away from the crowds, and yet only 15 mins from the historical center of Prague. Lots of pubs around, the subway is close, the hostel itself is clean and easy to find. The staff were very helpful and the only downside was that Wi-Fi was almost constantly down during our stay (a bit irritating, but this is really the only negative thing, I recommend this hostel!). Great value for money! If you are arriving by car, the hostel is very well connected with the P&R Chodov (by metro)