Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

This place puts all the other NZ hostels I've visited to shame. Great services for a great price. It's clear the proprietors hold the business to a high standard. It's the attention to details (like the free computer acess, Skype room and USB wall plugs, to name only the tech stuff) that really set this place on a whole other level. The staff put in a lot of effort to make sure everybody has a good time. Would stay again.

• 8th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff are fantastic, friendly and helpful! Lovely accommodation with everything you need including free tea and coffee. The rooms were brilliant, beds included two pillows (yay!) and the location was just where you needed it to be, central to everything! Queenstown in my favourite place in New Zealand!

AQ hostel was lovely, exactly what most of the other reviews have said. The quirks made it one of the nicer, homely and most comfortable hostels we've been in. The only downfall was we found some of the staff a bit clicky and one or two were quite impolite and awkward. However this was not reflective of the whole hostel. The owner bret was brilliant, very friendly, very understanding and very knowledgeable. He's done an amazing job with his hostel and you can see he puts 100% into his work.

This is above average hostel that has deliberately provides a few treats to make your stay more enjoyable. Really appreciate the free towels on the bed, the pre-made bed with soft quilt and 2 comfy pillows, bed lights, pouches beside the bed to keep your stuff like alarm clocks and lockers with power plugs in them. I'm an older backpacker and probably would of rated the atmosphere as excellent, had I been younger.

Perfect hostel! Would live here if I could. Of the dozens of hostels I've stayed in around the world Adventure QT is probably my favorite. Do yourself a favor: get away from the rowdy Kiwi Experience crowd and stay here!

The computers and telephone were nice. My room could have been cleaner though I have stayed in less clean places. The location was central to everything. An alarm clock in the room would have been very handy.

• 18th Mar 2014

I absolutely LOVED staying at this hostel, I would go there again and again and again! You get so much nice stuff for your money, everything is clean and you feel comfortable as soon as you arrive. The staff is very helpful and the kitchen is the best one I've ever seen in a hostel. I can highly recommend the female dorm, with an amazing bathroom en suite. The beds are soooo good and the location of the hostel is perfect as well: two minutes walk to every important location in town!

• 17th Mar 2014
  • lisa_ol

LOVE this hostel. Great location, great staff, GREAT free amenities - two pillows? What?! The female dorm is sweet as. Highly recommend!!!!

BEST HOSTEL EVER! You will feel home instead of being in just "some accommodation"....it's amazing and in the end you don't want to leave! I could write a 3 page comment about how awesome it was, but just go there and experience it your own, you will love it and you won't find a better place anywhere else, promise!

• 16th Mar 2014

I have to agree with everyone else. This place rocks! I ended up extending my stay twice because #1 I didn't want to leave Queenstown and #2 I loved staying at AQ. If you have flexible plans, prebook AQ for as long as you can. I finally had to leave after 7 nights because there were no beds left. It'_s the best location for city activities. Tour pick ups are across the street. The gondola ride is a 10 minute walk. The water is 10 minutes. Don't look any further-stay here!

• 15th Mar 2014

Best hostel ever since I travel!!! nothing else to add.

Was at the stage in my life where I was beyond staying at hostels but AQ Hostel changed my mind - you guys rock and will definitely stay with you again!!! Keep doing what you're doing!

• 14th Mar 2014

Just about the perfect hostel. Great friendly staff, central location, comfortable facilities, free wifi, free lockers (with power outlets inside the lockers), reading lights (and outlets) for each bed, spacious communal areas, ensuite bathrooms, free towels--the list just goes on. Without question this is the best hostel I've stayed in New Zealand.

Loved it! Staff are helpful and friendly. Would recommend your hostel to others.

We loved our stay in Adventure. By far the best hostel we have ever stayed in! The kitchen was amazing, great showers, comfy beds and thoughtful little touches like sockets and USB ports by each bed were so useful. The team are friendly and Brett is clearly very passionate about what he does. We wouldn't hesitate to go back :)

This is by far the nicest hostel I have ever been in!! They have thought of EVERYTHING! Each bed has two socket plugs and two USB plugins along with a night light, the kitchen was clean and filled with those pesky items that help make your cooking easy but you don't necessarily want to buy an entire container and carry around with you to use. The staff was unbelievable!! They were full of suggestions and knew the best things to do and if it was worth your time. The hostel was soooo clean!!!!!

This was my second stay at the Adventure Queenstown Hostel, and I couldn't be happier with my experience. The last time I was here I thought it was the best hostel I ever stayed in, yet somehow management has found more ways to improve guests' experiences (e.g. outlets by each bed with two USB ports, upgraded TV, free movies, free WiFi, etc.). If I make it back to Queenstown, I'm absolutely staying here again!

• 25th Feb 2014

This was more than a hostel, it was as if it was a nice hotel with amazing people! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The hostel was better than all of the hotels I stayed in, in New Zealand! Fab facilities, the staff were super helpful and the location was brilliant!

In 9 years of backpacking, this hostel was one of the best that I've ever stayed in. I've recommended it to 3 other people since I left Queenstown, 3 days ago.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5