Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Be aware: this hostel will spoil future hostels. It is beyond outstanding, with a staff equally as awesome. Want free internet? Done. Have a lot of stuff to charge? Outlets-WITH USB ports are everywhere, including beside your bed. Extra pillows, free tea and coffee all day, movie night, BBQ and roast beef dinner nights, and a long list of things you can rent or borrow (including GoPros) all make this hostel the best in town. Book all your activities with them also for best advice. I love here!

A truly awesome hostel experience !! Brett has created a shining example of what every hostel should strive for !! Excellent facilities, furnishings, location, atmosphere, staff, activities desk, freebies, customer service, etc - the list goes on !!

• 18th Feb 2015

All staff were really helpful, nothing was too hard!really good facilities that are cleaned regularly!a great place to stay in the middle of the town!

• 18th Feb 2015

The best hostel I've seen in my life. Thank you guys! Great team who cares, nice rooms, beautiful bathroom, amazing team! Keep up the amazing work ;)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

The best hostel I stayed at in New Zealand

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

I'd love to say something that hasn't already been said about this place, but I just can't come up with any superlatives that do it justice. I've travelled far and wide across all continents and I can honestly say AQ is right up there as one of the best. If you're still unsure where to book for Queenstown, you will not get anywhere near this standard.

My second stay with Brett and his team! They just keep getting better and better! Such a massive improvement from the first stay, all the little things are covered from power points at every bed, free towels and linen, free bike hire (excellent quality), cheap dinners twice a week in fact anything you could think of they have got in a perfect location. Once again an absolute pleasure to stay at AQ highly recommend!!!

This is a very good, clean and comfortable party hostel. But know that if you intend to go to bed early and get up for a tour you are very unlikely to get enough sleep. If you don't mind that it is one of the best hostels I've stayed in New Zealand

It's nice to hear you thought we're one of the best hostels in NZ. It's important to note that Queenstown is a popular party town, and by Queenstown standards, we're a quiet hostel and have less of a party atmosphere than most others. We don't have any bars directly nearby and we encourage quiet times after 10pm. We certainly don't class ourselves as a party hostel, in fact we try to be the opposite, though Queenstown being what it is, we're still quite vibrant.

Believe the hype-this is an excellent hostel. They have really thought about the important things when you're travelling (hooks, sockets, bedside lights). The staff were mostly delightful (particularly Chris and the girls). Our stay was however slightly marred by two members of staff having a full-blown fight as we tried to eat breakfast one day. Yes it's your home, but common courtesy dictates that you don't disrupt your colleague's conversation with a guest to scream in their face!

It's nice to hear you appreciated all out little touches that make us such a great hostel. Management were aware of the incident you mentioned and this has been dealt with. One of the staff involved no longer works with us and the other has been cautioned. We take this type of thing seriously. We're a small owner-run hostel and understand our guests are our livelihood. We want to ensure a quality stay for everyone. Best of luck in your travels!

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in! It was so much fun!

This was a fabulous hostel, perfect location, amazing facilities, the lounge area is great and staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was a pleasant as possible. This place has everything you could want, and so much more! Lisa who check us in was great! The owner was very friendly and created a great atmosphere. I have to mention a couple of staff, or long term guests, were quiet rude and intimidating, But this was only 3- and the rest were truely great, and made up for those guys!

I had an awesome stay in Queenstown. The hostel is really amazing. You will find everything you need in the kitchen, it's very clean and the stuff is very friendly! Thank you so much for this great time.

• 25th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Basically all that a hostel must be it is. Cheap drinks avaiable at reception, a nice lobby to spend some time, the staff were awesome, they help booking activities to do and also give some tip about it. Adventure have both air cond. and heating, and fast free wi-fi and it was possible to print wharever you want if no burocracy, just print and drop a coin in the box. really awesome.

Had great stay, highly recommended great location, very friendly staff. Best hostel have been to in all my travels, thanks for your hospitality! :-)

Cannot say enough good things about this hostel. Lisa and the rest of the staff are all so nice and helpful! Atmosphere is awesome! The rooms even have USB ports to charge your electronics. Free towels on your bed when you check in. Best hostel I've stayed in and I've travelled to 30 countries.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. By far the best I have ever stayed in. Couldn't fault anything. They're will to lend you mountain bikes and gopros for nothing !!! Perfect location would highly recommend

Very nice and clean hostel. Room are nice, enough space for luggage, clean bathroom, towels, everything is there. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Location perfect,TV lounge amazingly chilled with film nights,rooms quiet & cool,kitchen big with everything,big hostel even have straighteners,fast computers,clean,lovely staff,lots of space,beds not squeaky,great activities,book stuff for u,social but easy to have ur own space if u prefer,plenty showers etc,lots of free stuff,can buy snacks in lounge.what would make this the Creme d la Creme of hostels is electronic key cards for bedrooms as ppl too lazy to lock/unlock manual key.best hostel!!

Thanks for your great review! The reason we don't have key-card entry to the rooms is being a small hostel we are unable to run a 24 hour reception. It can be common for key-cards to fail and if a guested had one fail in the middle of the night, they would be locked out. Or if a sleepy person forgets to take their card to the bathroom, same problem. We have given this a lot of thought and the way we operate is best balance. We have a secure 24hr monitored locker room for valuables!

By far the best hostel I have stayed in in New Zealand. Everyone in our group agreed.

AMAZING! This hostel has thought of everything! 2 plug sockets and 2 USB inlets at each bed! What more can you want :) Staff were very helpful and friendly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4