Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

I can't say anything negative about this hostel! If you're in Queenstown, you need to stay here!

Lived up to the hype, wish there were more hostels like this.

I really LOVED this hostel. It felt like I was staying with one big happy family. The staff was beyond friendly and knowledgeable. I loved how they had dinner's some nights, it felt nice. The location was beyond perfect, it was in the center of everything really.

Honestly, the best hostel I've booked with since I started traveling. I could not have asked for more from the staff, facilities, or overall experience. The staff go above and beyond to help fellow travelers in any and every way that they can. The experience from check-in to check-out was the smoothest and easiest that I've had. They try to save you money rather than nickel-and-diming you every step of the way for minor accommodations, and the environment promoted community like none other.

• 10th May 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 7th May 2015

I've stayed in a lot of hostels in the last 2 years and this is one of the best I have stayed in. Everything is built for your comfort and convenience down the plugs, USB ports, personal lamps, and pockets for stuff right next to each bed. This place was obviously built by experienced backpackers who love the lifestyle and wanted to create a place of comfort and convenience for those of us who have been away from home for a long time. Thanks guys, it's much appreciated!

The nicest hostel I have ever stayed in and everyone I stayed with at the time agreed. Rooms are a good size and all beds have plugs and usb chargers next to them. The lounge and kitchen are great to socialise and chill out in. Thanks so much Brett and the team

• 3rd May 2015

Brilliant, relaxed, plug sockets by the beds were a Godsend. Best hostel I stayed in in 6 months of NZ by a mile

• 3rd May 2015

In the past 18 months I have travelled to a fair few places and stayed in a heap of different places. This is by the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The owner has his head switched on and seems to always be looking to improve the place. I stayed here back in mid 2012 and thought it was fantastic when I returned to Queenstown I went straight to this hostel and was expecting the same as last time but i was amazed they had continue to improve it even further. You couldn't ask for anything more!

• 28th Apr 2015

Very friendly with lots of thoughtful touches like Extra towels , shampoo and straighteners! Also free use of bikes !

• 28th Apr 2015

Absolute best hostel I've ever been to! New bathroom, clean rooms, great, helpful and lovely staff, new, big, very clean kitchen, great atmosphere, you could easily meet new people, especially in the eating area, evening programs, very very very central and and and ... seems to ruine the rest of my trip, because now I know how a 100 % hostel has to be like.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff were so fun and friendly and helpful, they really added to my experience. The rooms and common room and kitchen were simply amazing. TWO personal chargers by every bed, pristine marble bathrooms, chargers in the comfy common area, couches and bean bag chairs, I could go on. Very clean and well-taken care of and fun activities almost every night. Superb! Thanks for a wonderful stay (and ruining all other hostels for me).

This was an amazing hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful, especially when providing information on tourist activities and attractions in the Queenstown area. I would stay there again in a heart beat! Plenty of facilities, clean rooms and bathrooms, and just an incredible place to stay for my first time in the South Island! I very much appreciate the hospitality and cannot wait to come back one day!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved it here! Happy to have stayed here over anywhere else. Was super impressed by it. They even let me borrow GoPro mounts for my gopro when I went bungy jumping. I didn't even need to pay to rent it. It was free! I would stay here again, a million times over.

• 13th Apr 2015

Great hostel! Great facilities like free ipad rental, lounge with many nice movies to watch, booking services, free coffee and tea and lots of power plugs.

• 11th Apr 2015

We felt welcomed since the moment we arrived!! Great staff and great hostel!!

First time in NZ, AQ Hostel made every effort to make it the best it could be. Highly recommend to all. I do recommend ear plugs or white noise for light sleepers. Not everyone abides the 2200 noise curfew.

• 8th Apr 2015

Hands down the best Hostel I've stayed in. Free bike rental, super fast internet access, helpful and friendly staff, clean facilities...I could keep going, but if you don't believe me, just look at all the other reviews that rate this place so highly. If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Queenstown, definitely book here and do it now because this place fills up fast!

The hostel has a lot to offer for a variety of travellers looking for different things, and has very thoughtfully considered any issues encountered in hostels and rectified them all. Simple touches such as hooks on bunk beds so towels don't end up drying on ladders and charging points inside lockers really do make a difference! Thankyou - worthy winner of best small hostel!

This Hostel has been the best I have visited so far. Bret and the team are super nice and welcoming. You feel home and don't want to leave. They will be happy to give you some advice on any activities in Queesntown and even recommend the best coffee in town! I'll recommend this place 100%. Keep up the good work Adventure Queesntown!