Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

This hostel is so awesome! The place is clean, the staff is friendly and knowledgable, and you can't beat the location! Definitely a must stay if you like a chill place to meet cool people. Plus the TV room is a really nice place to relax after all the activities there are to do. I was really happy with my choice to stay here!

• 14th Mar 2015

So much hard work to make it seem to effortless. The bunk beds are sturdy with comfy mattresses and individual reading light and PowerPoint for each bed. And the linen is homey and not industrial. Superb storage facility with PowerPoint at each locker (free too). Homey kitchen, awesome common area with big tv, free unlimited WiFi and pc for share. Got upgraded to an ensuit room for no extra charge (dorm rate) while I was making the booking. Just an awesome place!

Could this be the best hostel ever? err yeah it is. just lovely staff and simply lovely facilities that show it is clear they have thought of budget savy traveller. USB ports by the bed,free bike hire,very reasonable laundry…the list is endless! hats off to the owner for putting together a property like this that is so well thought out.

• 9th Mar 2015

had an amazing stay, facilities, location staff and pretty much everything about this place was amazing. had something on every night including a delicious roast for 8 bucks, movie nights, etc. tv room excellent with comfy couches and beanbags. showers were individual 5 star hotel quality.we had only booked in for 2 nights and were asking if we could stay longer, before we knew it we had been upgraded to a private room with own ensuite hotel style quality. 1000% recommend this place!

One of the very best hostels out there. 2 USB ports, night light, & storage pocket for each bed. USB ports in baseboard of couches. Quality, free mtn bike rentals. Hair straightener & dryer, free lotion & other products in girl's room greatly appreciated. Free towels. Great common area and kitchen. Very clean. Wonderful staff; a bit slow with bookings though. Gave some great recommendations. Bathrooms ensuite, with extra in hall if needed. Really felt at home here- was a bummer to leave.

Best hostel experience I've ever had, and I've had quite a few! They have literally thought about just about everything, there's no half measures and no hidden costs - they will do your washing for free, let you call home, there's 2 plugs and 2 USB ports at every bed, the TV room is massive and littered with plug points, there's balconies accessible from every room, the kitchen is large and sociable. Really hard to find fault, and there is lots of buzz as there's no moody long-termers!

I stayed here with my sister for 6 nights. The atmosphere was really homey, which was great. It was a great place to relax and we spent about 4 out of 6 nights in. There's always good opportunities to meet people. Felt like one big family really. Facilities were awesome, the team were awesome and location was more than awesome. We booked everything through the hostel and the staff gave really honest opinions about the activities available which was very well appreciated. Thanks Guys!

• 28th Feb 2015

Everything about this hostel was great! It's perfectly centered in the middle of town, very clean, safe, and social. The staff are extremely helpful in orientating you to the city and suggesting things to do. Each bed has storage, lights, and pockets/outlets to charge your phone. The internet is the best in all of New Zealand. Fast, reliable, and free. The front desk offers sporting equipment as well as a host of other materials to rent, mostly for free.

The staff was in every occasion very helpful and friendly!

Loved this hostel! From the balconies with mountain viewsviews and free bike rental, to the knowledgeable staff and free wifi. I felt very at home! Particular thanks for arranging my trip to Milford Sound.

Definitely one of the coolest hostels I've been too. They offer you loads of free rentals (bikes are recommended) and staff are really helpful. You're a stone's throw from the beautiful lake in QT and close to the gondola and Ben Lomond trail. Guests seemed friendly here, and security is second to none. Would recommend this to anyone (especially solo travelers). You will love it. Thanks AQ!!

Be aware: this hostel will spoil future hostels. It is beyond outstanding, with a staff equally as awesome. Want free internet? Done. Have a lot of stuff to charge? Outlets-WITH USB ports are everywhere, including beside your bed. Extra pillows, free tea and coffee all day, movie night, BBQ and roast beef dinner nights, and a long list of things you can rent or borrow (including GoPros) all make this hostel the best in town. Book all your activities with them also for best advice. I love here!

A truly awesome hostel experience !! Brett has created a shining example of what every hostel should strive for !! Excellent facilities, furnishings, location, atmosphere, staff, activities desk, freebies, customer service, etc - the list goes on !!

• 18th Feb 2015

All staff were really helpful, nothing was too hard!really good facilities that are cleaned regularly!a great place to stay in the middle of the town!

• 18th Feb 2015

The best hostel I've seen in my life. Thank you guys! Great team who cares, nice rooms, beautiful bathroom, amazing team! Keep up the amazing work ;)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

The best hostel I stayed at in New Zealand

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

I'd love to say something that hasn't already been said about this place, but I just can't come up with any superlatives that do it justice. I've travelled far and wide across all continents and I can honestly say AQ is right up there as one of the best. If you're still unsure where to book for Queenstown, you will not get anywhere near this standard.

My second stay with Brett and his team! They just keep getting better and better! Such a massive improvement from the first stay, all the little things are covered from power points at every bed, free towels and linen, free bike hire (excellent quality), cheap dinners twice a week in fact anything you could think of they have got in a perfect location. Once again an absolute pleasure to stay at AQ highly recommend!!!

This is a very good, clean and comfortable party hostel. But know that if you intend to go to bed early and get up for a tour you are very unlikely to get enough sleep. If you don't mind that it is one of the best hostels I've stayed in New Zealand

It's nice to hear you thought we're one of the best hostels in NZ. It's important to note that Queenstown is a popular party town, and by Queenstown standards, we're a quiet hostel and have less of a party atmosphere than most others. We don't have any bars directly nearby and we encourage quiet times after 10pm. We certainly don't class ourselves as a party hostel, in fact we try to be the opposite, though Queenstown being what it is, we're still quite vibrant.

Amazing hostel with lots of free stuff. Everything which is described you will get! I can recommend it!