Adventure Queenstown Hostel Reviews

Level 1, 36 Camp Street, Queenstown, New Zealand

Such a excellent time in that hostel! If you go to Queenstown it is definitly the place where you have to stay. A lot of space in the dorms, some special attentions for female dorms. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Thank you Lisa for your warm welcome! Thank you Brett for our conversations about wine!

Great location, great staff, great perks. Likely the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 20th Feb 2014

Very well positioned.., nice little balcony to unwind ... All round good place to stay

Very awesome place! Comfy beds, powerpoints and hooks everywhere, super secure, lots of storage space, kitchen and dining area are fantastic, lounge and tv area is super comfy, the only downside is the slow internet but that's everywhere in NZ. Staff are extra super helpful, free international calls, cheap dinner nights, books to borrow! Just excelllent :) Prime location too!

By far THE best hostel I have ever stayed in (& I've stayed in a lot!) Brett the lovely owner, a traveller himself has thought of everything to make it perfect & rectify all the little annoyances in other hostels. Make sure you stay on a Sunday night as Brett's roast is to die for (esp the Yorkshires & we're from Yorkshire!), it really is better than our Mum's - sorry mum! The space hostelworld allows for reviews is not enough to do this place justice! Well done Brett you've created a fab place!

Definitely a good place to stay. You cannot expect more.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Israel

I've travelled all over the world and this was the best hostel ive ever stayed at. Little things that made a huge difference to me where the fact that my bed was made for me when i arrived, you got not 1 but 2 pillows!! And a big fluffy towel sitting there waiting for me. Internet and WiFi was FREE!! Can you believe it?? Its RIGHT in the centre of town, the staff were friendly and helpful, the kitchen was clean and the whole place felt like a 'home' and not a schoool dormitory. Awesome.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at. Incredible location (love the view!), extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff, tons of amazing amenities. Lots of stairs, though, so that could be an issue for those with mobility limitations. Thank y'all so much for a great stay!

• 8th Feb 2014

Nothing can beat this hostel!!!! 100℅ !!!!!!!!! Everything's for free, just loved the stay there

• 8th Feb 2014

This place is pretty amazing. The staff were brilliant and very helpful. They have thought of everything, even the little things that make your stay better. The kitchen is better than my kitchen at home.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. Bret and his team made a big effort to make our stay enjoyable and hastle free. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like a guest rather than just a customer. The hostel itself is small but has everything you need and some extras you would never expect (such as free international calls!). The location couldnt be better, right in the heart of town. We stayed in one of the private ensuite rooms which I would highly recomend.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Thanks for an awesome stay Brett and everyone else. I can honestly say this is one of the, if not THE, best places I have stayed during my travels. Everything you could ever need is provided and the staff is so kind and friendly, it makes you feel like home. You the place is awesome when you really miss it after you leave! Cheers and thanks again for everything!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in, I felt so at home and was always meeting adventurous and lovely people. The layout of the entire hostel was so organic, everything was exactly where you needed it as well as so much more, it was so well equipped, especially in the kitchen. And even bikes were free to borrow, I also really appreciated the free international calls home. Having free wifi is such a luxury in NZ! Not just the facilities but the staff are incredible people. Just WOW.

• 1st Feb 2014

Best hostel I ever stayed at! There is everything you ever wished you had at a hostel, and the staff and owner are super nice and friendly!

Best Hostel to stay in Queenstown hands down. This hostel has it right, all the small things that make your stay better are taken care of and then some. Thanks!

Best hostel in NZ. Free Wifi, free tea, well equipped kitchen, free bycicles, evening activities and so on. Very clean, too. They even clean the floor walls daily!

Hostels don't come much better than this. The selection of facilities for use is very generous - especially for NZ.

Finest hostel i have stayed in! Brett and his team were super freindly, would recomend this hostel to anyone! only downside was that i could not stay longer!

• 26th Jan 2014

The "deluxe" room did not meet expectations - 5 people in a very small room with 2 bunks and one bed "Deluxe" to me means less crowded rooms and no bunk beds -that what I expected (similar to YHA Wellington where they have or had a deluxe room with no bunks and 3 times the size of this one). Some backpack storage areas underneath the beds could only be opened one at the time and was really difficult to get around or in/out of bed.

We make the best use of the space we have in QT. While our girls room is not huge, it's certainly not tiny. We're sorry to hear the free hair dryer, hair straighteners, nail polish, hair spray, deodorant, moisturiser, bath towel, hair towels, pot pouri, USB charging sockets, private reading lights, TV, blueray player, make-up lights above the mirror & huge ensuite bathroom didn't match your definition of our 'deluxe' label. Best of luck in your future travels.

AQ Hostel has it all! Free Wi-Fi, spacious lounge and kitchen, clean rooms and bathrooms, and an unbeatable location. I really appreciated the availability of the secure storage room and lockers. The only thing that bothered me a little was that my dorm room opened up onto the shared balcony, which meant that if any of my roommates left it unlocked, my dorm room was no longer secure. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and will be staying again when I'm back in Queenstown in a few weeks.