Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

This is a place for from Americans, not a place for budget world travelers. So it is its vibe! Stay away if you are a backpacker.

Wifi is terrible, the area around is creepy, the only good things is the free shuttle for the beach, don't expect anything fancy in this Hostel.

Do not come here if you would like to stay with drugster in a crowed place

valueable very good hostel for stay ģhbbvvvcvvvvvvvvggģgg

• 4th May 2015
  • India

Excellent complex of different types of accommodations. One thing that should be done or changed: please think of removing the plastic wrapping from mattresses in the dormitory it rustles at every move from every bed and gives the impression that everyone is suspected of inconsistency. Like in a hospital. Diapers or plastic sheets. Besides through thin bedsheets it makes the sleeper sweat in an unhealthy way. I know you want to protect the mattresses but better charge a $ more and use them

Poor wifi; it didnt work in my room. I had to go everynight to the looby to get some good network. The shuttle van from the airport was awesome though. The hostel was clean too; the nightwalker cat didnt bother much xD

• 29th Apr 2015

It was a okay stayed in the room with the 8 beds was not to bad. You Get what you pay for . I heard that a lot of people Got charged several times on their card so just make sure you are constantly keeping track of what they take out or pay cash. It was good to meet people From around the world . It was not as bad as the reviews say it was . But you do get what you pay for and the price seemed to have changed through out the stay it seemed

• 24th Apr 2015

Staff should be friendlier and more helpful. Bathrooms were very dirty. Area was very sketchy. A shooting happened the night before I got there

Management and environment very hostile, seemed like more of a tweakers hangout than a place for backpackers. Felt unsafe and no where to keep your belongings safe. Free shuttle is the only thing that redeems this place.

• 20th Apr 2015

The lockers you have to pay for every time you open them. It's got a good bar and swimming pool but it is open to the public aswell so you don't know who is coming in and out. The beds are changed everyday which is cool. I think the place needs abit of a refurberation.

My exerience at Adventurer Hostel was very bad. On the third day they stole my bag with $ 40, Ipad, pen drive and bank card. I called security and the police and did nothing. I spoke to the manager, but he was very rude and stupid. The security only talked with guests shouting.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the number of international travelers who have been coming to the Adventure Hostel for many years whenever they have a stopover in Los Angeles. I have met people from all over the world when I stay here. It is a community and the employees are very helpful. The benefits of staying here far outweigh any concerns a traveler might have.

Pros: The stay was truly worth every penny. Shuttle services were great. The complimentary champagne was nice too. Cons: Wifi connectivity was poor in rooms. Bathrooms were dirty. Breakfast was meager. Comments: Stay partly depends on the room mates you end up with! On the whole, it was a great stay for the nominal rent.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

Rates fluctuate but when we stayed there, it was only $10 a bed, which included a complimentary muffin and coffee in the morning and an extremely pimped out shuttle which ran regularly to the airport and local train stations. Bathrooms didn't have doors, so bring swimmers (would have been helpful to have warning!) but there is a great bar, cheap food and heated pool.

Hostel did not receive my booking so not reserve any bed for me. Lucky there are beds available. Better call them to confirm.

Bathroom was very dirty and staff was rude.

• 30th Mar 2015

Adventures hostel was great meet great people from other countries. Not a problem with the people I rooomed with. Great bar-tenders. The food was great. Very conferring . The shuttle to Manhattan beach was great, the beach was beautiful I would love to stay there again. I would definitely recommend it great rates on rooms.

• 29th Mar 2015

The girls behind the desk are very unfriendly!

The doors were kept open all night and there were guests playing music. I was told by one of the guests to make sure my things were not stolen, so I pretty much slept with my stuff in my bed. The bathroom had stains in it and there was hair on the floor. The only really positive surprise was that the bed and pillow were very clean. Also the wifi worked for me - some of the other guests couldn't connect. For 16$ this was quite an experience.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Being quite generous with the rating but this was an absolute dump. I ended up being put in an 18bed mixed dorm (I booked female only), my bed was right next to the doorless bathroom no windows or aircon. Smelt bad in there, bunk beds felt like they'd break & squeaked like crazy! no wifi..staff were all RUDE! No service at all was provided- they just ignored any qs and problems raised. Such potential. Glad I only stayed one night! Pool was cool I guess & the free shuttle to the airport