Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

WORST HOSTEL EVER! Do NOT stay here. Reception staff were incredibly rude & oblivious to the madness and chaos of this hostel. Out of the 2 beds we were allocated for the night, 1 of them was already occupied. The 20 person dorm was over crowded &bunks squeezed in like sardines. Clothes and wet towels all over the floor and on other peoples beds. We told the staff and they couldn't care less anyone was in our allocated bed, did nothing to resolved it. We left before we even our bags, no refund!

• 27th Oct 2014

This place is a self contained backpackers resort! Free bus from the airport, great place to chill out and get over my jet lag. My $20 bed even came with free champagne! International crowd and some old hippies, relaxed atmosphere, 2 bars, lovely staff (say hi to Melissa for me), pool, restaurant, everything... Only downsides are that the location is a little far from most of the interesting stuff in LA (apart from the airport) and a small risk of bedbugs in the dorm.

HorrI be front desk service. Ladies act like they are doing you a favor. Would not recommend this place to anyone even a homeless person.

This hostel is terrible, they don`t have respect for the guests. The place is not safe, and the location is not good.

The bathroom are very dirty and the bedroom too. There are not security, and the people smoke every time in the hostel. The receptionist is very impolite.

I stayed here because I wanted to stay close to the airport in my first night in LA to avoid travelling. Since I made the booking, you can now get the LAX Flyaway direct from the airport to Hollywood so would not need to stay here again. No issues with it, just not really a hostel or in a good location for the sights of LA.

I reserved a female room and they give a room with male. All the lights on the bed was broked. There was a suspect boy All solutions that I tried because this problems, they just ignored!

• 20th Sep 2014

I signed up for the $18.99 rate on a 20-bed dorm. When I arrived, I learned that the rate was only available for international passport holders. This was not made clear on the online reservation. I ended up having to pay more for my room. If I knew about the higher price, I would have gone elsewhere.

• 5th Sep 2014

Disgusting bathrooms, horrible beds and do yourself a favor: never eat at the restaurant!

So I rocked up there and the two girls at the front counter (one nz girl and one american girl) were way too engrossed in their computers or chatting amongst themselves to even notice I was there. Then when I did get there attention that I was standing right in front of them they were rude, abrupt, unwelcoming and still engrossed in their computers. It's in a really dodgy neighbourhoo. It's like half hotel half hostel, with random creepy old men staying in your rooms permanently. Cheap though.

It was very dirty, but I think there were just soooo many people that it is clearly impossible to keep everything clean. But it was just 25 $ so I'm totally fine with that. The pick up shuttle from and to airport was perfect!! thank you for that. The staff the the reception was (acted) very busy and a little bit unfriendly but I think for one night stay you will come along with that.

I found this to be the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were incredibly rude, the shuttle system was awful, the cleanliness was non existent - there were cockroaches crawling about in the very small kitchen area in the room and honestly it was hard to get to sleep I was so weary of the place. Appalling.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A very special place. I loved staying at this place, lots of fun, safe , and good price. many free things and I will be back. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel is really weird this is not an hostel there's no kitchen there's no fridge and there are family like a hotel! Bathroom are disgusting and staff really bad. The atmosphere is weird everything is expensive and not good. They make you think that it's free but it's not and it's only one muffin for the breakfast I had better breakfast in other hostels. Fortunately it's quite cheap but you should stay only one or 2 nights.

This place is ONLY legitimate if you stay a night in LA to catch a flight or bus the next morning. You DONT want to stay longer. The free stuff doesnt make up for the stinky dorm and toilet. Very unfriendly staff.

Probably the worts Hostel we stayed in on our Round the World trip. Its ONLY worth it if you stay for one night and you want to make use of the free pick up.

Lots of free stuff including loads of good (fatty) free food, promoting a great atmosphere amongst the guests. Dorms were well kept and beds made every day.

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel really does live up to its name, just too bad its not in the good meaning of the word. To begin with we were informed by check-in that our beds cost double the price than our original reservation. No further information were given as to why. Generally the staff were very uninterested, some downright rude. During the 8 hours we spent there we got to experience two major disputes among staff and guests, one woman picked up by the ambulance and another one screaming for police.

I have never in my life had to deal wth such difficult woman like the ones who work at the front desk! I literally would be ignored if I asked a question - (this was for the duration of the stay) they were terrible and appalling and to know that the owner works in that kind of environment and allows it is disgusting! This was the worst customer service I have ever had in any country. The woman who drove the transfer bus however is a shining STAR

Great place to do some planning for your trip. Shuttle bus was very handy from the air port