Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

It fascinates me when I read hostel complaints and the clientele has paid $20. This place cost that and you will get free parking ($15 a night LA) and free coffee in the morning ($4 in LA). If you paid $20 you will probably not have the service, BUT IT'S $20! I found someone sleeping my bed! They gave me another straight away. The management clearly don't care and just let the staff deal with the sub standards.

Good choice only if you need a place before heading to the airport. The 20 person dorm is a messy indeed but the hostel looks safe in a whole

We were only spending a night here before our flight. We considered sleeping on Venice beach so our standards were not unbeatable.. I am a 6 foot 6' tall (2 meters) eastern European guy, but haven't encountered anything like this before. Stuff gets stolen, you get woken up by drunken people sitting on your bed, guys just wondered in at 3 AM with 4 'found' luggage, and I even heard a marihuana deal from the window. The night had more events then I can fit in here. All in all, don't go!

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Hungary

If you're only staying the night before a flight then its close to the airport and there is a shuttle which is great. That is, if you manage to get a bed. Beds are often double-booked and they forced people to go to their other establishment down the road with no refund and at an additional cost. Hostel staff aren't friendly and have no qualms coming into the room to yell at everyone at 3am. Bedsheets torn and had holes in them. Keep in mind you are paying $17 a night - you get what you pay for

We arrived at 10PM in a very bad district of LA and they had no bed for us. They were just sorry and didn't even try to find a solution. WE were maybe 15 in that situation and the manager suggest us to go to sleep on the beach... The staff is really disagreeable, NEVER BOOK THAT HOSTEL GUYS

• 25th Jul 2015

Easily the best hostel ever! Great activities and yummy free food!!

This hostel is the most disgusting place I've ever been. Everything went wrong since from the very beginning. Starting at the check in: I gave all of my documents, we were 3 people, I showd her (the front desk girl) the confirmation code and the detailed receipt of the reservation. She said she only had the reservation for 2, and she was super rude, unhelpful, talking to us as if it was our falt. Very poor education, no manners at all. Pathetic. Also, the 8 ppl room is super small and very dirt

• 24th Jul 2015

Terms and conditions of hostel state that only backpackers are allowed to stay but my experience was quite opposite. Another thing is poorly maintained rest rooms. But positive side is the lower rent and free breakfast (though we were never offered). Overall in context with cheaper rent, it is worthy.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Pakistan

Gross. Just gross

Worst hostel I have ever seen. Neither the address, nor the name given in the booking confirmation are correct. On finally finding the hostel there was no sign of the free parking space they list under their facilities, but instead chaos with families having waited in their cars for over an hour to be assigned a room & parking space. Staff was entirely indifferent and only informed us that our beds had been given away. So we had the inconveniences and additional costs of finding another hotel.

I only stayed at this place for one night as a stop gap but I felt really uneasy staying there, didn't really feel safe. facilities not great. would not stay or recommend it.

We stayed in 20 bed mixed dorm for 11 nights. Bed sheets and towels were chanced everyday and that was great. Mades were really nice. Reception were polite but they didnt help us almost at all. We asked about hollywood and they didnt know anything, we asked about busses and they didnt know anything. Once one girl at the reception said "google it" when i asked about hollywoof walk of fame. I think when you work in a hostel or hotel you need to about most popular sights and how to get there.

This staff is crazy! Veery rude!!!

VERY Good!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • China

The staff at this hostel (reception and security) were disgustingly rude and unprofessional. They were unhelpful, unorganised, undisciplined and irrational and lead to me leaving early and paying for another hostel without a refund. We were verbally abused, degraded and overal very offended by the actions of staff members. Overall a very unpleasant stay. I would heavily suggest a review of this hostel and its association with this site.

Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff. very long waiting time. Close to the airport and cheap. Not much to be expexted.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel is very close to the airport so it's the best if you're in a hurry for catch a plane.. otherwise is a bit far from the beaches and the downtown. The breakfast consist in only a cup of coffee and a muffin, not that good I would say! For the rest, ok!

Met three people who had stuff stolen there.

The internet was a con. it didnt exist at all. worst internet anywhere in the world. rudeness. shocking excuse for internet

Do not stay here, it is awful! Within 5mins of arriving we met two couples who had requested a refund and went elsewhere - I can understand why! The staff are rude and incompetent and the facilities are below average.

« first « Prev 1 2 3