Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

I booked this accommodation on hostelworld, thinking it was a hostel...it's not. I'd say it's more of a motel...there are not many backpackers staying there, more low income Americans looking for a place to stay. There was an argument between a 'guest' and a front desk staff member and the police were called. Overall it was an interesting experience, though I would not stay there again. The shuttle bus is a great perk of staying here though. It can pick you up and take you to the airport

I am happy with the security, locker and shuttle that taking me from airport for free but I am not happy with the toilets in the room because they failed to flush and disgusting water floated and made me sick during my stay there, wifi is so weak that I can't attach anything on emails, all staffs (reception) except one is cold to guests, they don't have great friendly nature like all out there that makes people feel like at home during their holiday time at hostel.

I want to say before I booked with the Adventurer Hostel I looked at the reviews and couldnt believe they were all bad . I dont know what people want in a Hostel they sound like they want the Hilton at Hostel prices. Im an older guy and have been around the world and at hstels at times and this is far the best one I have seen. Its very cheerful and the staff is great all of them in the restaurant, the bars wherever they are all nice and dont deserve those bad reviews. Alot of food. Best, Mario

• 18th Nov 2014

WORST HOSTEL EVER! Do NOT stay here. Reception staff were incredibly rude & oblivious to the madness and chaos of this hostel. Out of the 2 beds we were allocated for the night, 1 of them was already occupied. The 20 person dorm was over crowded &bunks squeezed in like sardines. Clothes and wet towels all over the floor and on other peoples beds. We told the staff and they couldn't care less anyone was in our allocated bed, did nothing to resolved it. We left before we even our bags, no refund!

• 27th Oct 2014

This place is a self contained backpackers resort! Free bus from the airport, great place to chill out and get over my jet lag. My $20 bed even came with free champagne! International crowd and some old hippies, relaxed atmosphere, 2 bars, lovely staff (say hi to Melissa for me), pool, restaurant, everything... Only downsides are that the location is a little far from most of the interesting stuff in LA (apart from the airport) and a small risk of bedbugs in the dorm.

HorrI be front desk service. Ladies act like they are doing you a favor. Would not recommend this place to anyone even a homeless person.

This hostel is terrible, they don`t have respect for the guests. The place is not safe, and the location is not good.

The bathroom are very dirty and the bedroom too. There are not security, and the people smoke every time in the hostel. The receptionist is very impolite.

I stayed here because I wanted to stay close to the airport in my first night in LA to avoid travelling. Since I made the booking, you can now get the LAX Flyaway direct from the airport to Hollywood so would not need to stay here again. No issues with it, just not really a hostel or in a good location for the sights of LA.

I reserved a female room and they give a room with male. All the lights on the bed was broked. There was a suspect boy All solutions that I tried because this problems, they just ignored!

• 20th Sep 2014

I signed up for the $18.99 rate on a 20-bed dorm. When I arrived, I learned that the rate was only available for international passport holders. This was not made clear on the online reservation. I ended up having to pay more for my room. If I knew about the higher price, I would have gone elsewhere.

• 5th Sep 2014

Disgusting bathrooms, horrible beds and do yourself a favor: never eat at the restaurant!

The hotel staff is very rude, people arent helpfull and they dont keep the price of your reservation or offer you good options when they are overbooked.

So I rocked up there and the two girls at the front counter (one nz girl and one american girl) were way too engrossed in their computers or chatting amongst themselves to even notice I was there. Then when I did get there attention that I was standing right in front of them they were rude, abrupt, unwelcoming and still engrossed in their computers. It's in a really dodgy neighbourhoo. It's like half hotel half hostel, with random creepy old men staying in your rooms permanently. Cheap though.

It was very dirty, but I think there were just soooo many people that it is clearly impossible to keep everything clean. But it was just 25 $ so I'm totally fine with that. The pick up shuttle from and to airport was perfect!! thank you for that. The staff the the reception was (acted) very busy and a little bit unfriendly but I think for one night stay you will come along with that.

I found this to be the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were incredibly rude, the shuttle system was awful, the cleanliness was non existent - there were cockroaches crawling about in the very small kitchen area in the room and honestly it was hard to get to sleep I was so weary of the place. Appalling.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A very special place. I loved staying at this place, lots of fun, safe , and good price. many free things and I will be back. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel is really weird this is not an hostel there's no kitchen there's no fridge and there are family like a hotel! Bathroom are disgusting and staff really bad. The atmosphere is weird everything is expensive and not good. They make you think that it's free but it's not and it's only one muffin for the breakfast I had better breakfast in other hostels. Fortunately it's quite cheap but you should stay only one or 2 nights.

This place is ONLY legitimate if you stay a night in LA to catch a flight or bus the next morning. You DONT want to stay longer. The free stuff doesnt make up for the stinky dorm and toilet. Very unfriendly staff.

Probably the worts Hostel we stayed in on our Round the World trip. Its ONLY worth it if you stay for one night and you want to make use of the free pick up.