Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

So I rocked up there and the two girls at the front counter (one nz girl and one american girl) were way too engrossed in their computers or chatting amongst themselves to even notice I was there. Then when I did get there attention that I was standing right in front of them they were rude, abrupt, unwelcoming and still engrossed in their computers. It's in a really dodgy neighbourhoo. It's like half hotel half hostel, with random creepy old men staying in your rooms permanently. Cheap though.

It was very dirty, but I think there were just soooo many people that it is clearly impossible to keep everything clean. But it was just 25 $ so I'm totally fine with that. The pick up shuttle from and to airport was perfect!! thank you for that. The staff the the reception was (acted) very busy and a little bit unfriendly but I think for one night stay you will come along with that.

I found this to be the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff were incredibly rude, the shuttle system was awful, the cleanliness was non existent - there were cockroaches crawling about in the very small kitchen area in the room and honestly it was hard to get to sleep I was so weary of the place. Appalling.

• 3rd Aug 2014

A very special place. I loved staying at this place, lots of fun, safe , and good price. many free things and I will be back. I highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel is really weird this is not an hostel there's no kitchen there's no fridge and there are family like a hotel! Bathroom are disgusting and staff really bad. The atmosphere is weird everything is expensive and not good. They make you think that it's free but it's not and it's only one muffin for the breakfast I had better breakfast in other hostels. Fortunately it's quite cheap but you should stay only one or 2 nights.

This place is ONLY legitimate if you stay a night in LA to catch a flight or bus the next morning. You DONT want to stay longer. The free stuff doesnt make up for the stinky dorm and toilet. Very unfriendly staff.

Probably the worts Hostel we stayed in on our Round the World trip. Its ONLY worth it if you stay for one night and you want to make use of the free pick up.

Lots of free stuff including loads of good (fatty) free food, promoting a great atmosphere amongst the guests. Dorms were well kept and beds made every day.

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel really does live up to its name, just too bad its not in the good meaning of the word. To begin with we were informed by check-in that our beds cost double the price than our original reservation. No further information were given as to why. Generally the staff were very uninterested, some downright rude. During the 8 hours we spent there we got to experience two major disputes among staff and guests, one woman picked up by the ambulance and another one screaming for police.

I have never in my life had to deal wth such difficult woman like the ones who work at the front desk! I literally would be ignored if I asked a question - (this was for the duration of the stay) they were terrible and appalling and to know that the owner works in that kind of environment and allows it is disgusting! This was the worst customer service I have ever had in any country. The woman who drove the transfer bus however is a shining STAR

Great place to do some planning for your trip. Shuttle bus was very handy from the air port

very dirty in the room

• 4th Jun 2014
  • China

Better breakfast

• 4th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good for price Good atmosphere and nice people!

some people paied more some less.. 20$ is a bit too much for this hostel!

• 24th Apr 2014

great location, walking distance from the airport. budget-friendly always a good bunch of fellow travelers to spend time with

we get to the hostel after booking online. The lady at the front desk is very rude and snappy, she then informs us that thee is no bunk beds and weepuld be sharing a private rooms with two others girls. We were happy with that until she charged us extra for staying in thee. Later that night 3 other girls came into the room. With only 1 spare queen bed. We. Hit it off really well with one of the girls. And 3 of us shared one double bed. And then two complete random shad to share a bed! DISGRACE

• 16th Apr 2014

Was not informed that room booked was for people with foreign passports until after I arrived after the conformation they sent me not only contained a false adress but a false phone number as well. After finally finding the hostel which was several blocks down from the original adress I was given, turns out it's not even called adventure hostel. Needless to say after just swing how unclean the place was inside and out and how poorly the parking was situated I did not stay there. Very shady place

• 16th Apr 2014
  • masonn

All average, good for a place to catch a flight the next day. Free shuttle is the best part. No $10 I night got charged almost 25$ because im from ny not foreign. Nice clean pool. You'll need a car if You want to have fun. Expensive taxi ride to santa Monica about $40. The neighborhood is not that bad its not Compton. Br were clean. A lot of old ppl. Key card no metal key. Friendly staff just be patient and polite

• 15th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The atmospere was good, since the place was large and had its own pool, café and restaurant. Free rides to the beach was offered dayly and rides to public transportation stations was just a phonecall away.