Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

The lockers you have to pay for every time you open them. It's got a good bar and swimming pool but it is open to the public aswell so you don't know who is coming in and out. The beds are changed everyday which is cool. I think the place needs abit of a refurberation.

My exerience at Adventurer Hostel was very bad. On the third day they stole my bag with $ 40, Ipad, pen drive and bank card. I called security and the police and did nothing. I spoke to the manager, but he was very rude and stupid. The security only talked with guests shouting.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the number of international travelers who have been coming to the Adventure Hostel for many years whenever they have a stopover in Los Angeles. I have met people from all over the world when I stay here. It is a community and the employees are very helpful. The benefits of staying here far outweigh any concerns a traveler might have.

Pros: The stay was truly worth every penny. Shuttle services were great. The complimentary champagne was nice too. Cons: Wifi connectivity was poor in rooms. Bathrooms were dirty. Breakfast was meager. Comments: Stay partly depends on the room mates you end up with! On the whole, it was a great stay for the nominal rent.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India

Rates fluctuate but when we stayed there, it was only $10 a bed, which included a complimentary muffin and coffee in the morning and an extremely pimped out shuttle which ran regularly to the airport and local train stations. Bathrooms didn't have doors, so bring swimmers (would have been helpful to have warning!) but there is a great bar, cheap food and heated pool.

Hostel did not receive my booking so not reserve any bed for me. Lucky there are beds available. Better call them to confirm.

Bathroom was very dirty and staff was rude.

• 30th Mar 2015

Adventures hostel was great meet great people from other countries. Not a problem with the people I rooomed with. Great bar-tenders. The food was great. Very conferring . The shuttle to Manhattan beach was great, the beach was beautiful I would love to stay there again. I would definitely recommend it great rates on rooms.

• 29th Mar 2015

The girls behind the desk are very unfriendly!

The doors were kept open all night and there were guests playing music. I was told by one of the guests to make sure my things were not stolen, so I pretty much slept with my stuff in my bed. The bathroom had stains in it and there was hair on the floor. The only really positive surprise was that the bed and pillow were very clean. Also the wifi worked for me - some of the other guests couldn't connect. For 16$ this was quite an experience.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Being quite generous with the rating but this was an absolute dump. I ended up being put in an 18bed mixed dorm (I booked female only), my bed was right next to the doorless bathroom no windows or aircon. Smelt bad in there, bunk beds felt like they'd break & squeaked like crazy! no wifi..staff were all RUDE! No service at all was provided- they just ignored any qs and problems raised. Such potential. Glad I only stayed one night! Pool was cool I guess & the free shuttle to the airport

Yee I thing good place for staying pick you from airport and drop you back good facilities food 5 dollar as much as can wit beer.beer.snack.bla thing super if you compare other hostel in usa go for it for anyone

Lady took an hour to check in 3 people. She said the "f" or "s" word every time the phone rang. I booked a room for $14. It wasn't available when i got there so she charged me $21 for a different room because she said there was no way for her to change it in the computer.

• 13th Mar 2015

Good location from LAX and nice transportation provided round trip, but far away from the tourist attractions because of traffic. If you rent a car and stay here then it is an efficient and cool hostel to stay at! But if you need transportation, I say stay near Hollywood or the beach though more pricy

Hi! I believe I've already left a review of this so-called :"hostel," and I encourage you to read it. To simplify matters, allow me to suggest that having spent many wonderful times in countless hostels over four continents, this place is by far the most horrible and evil place imaginable! The location is crime-ridden. The staff is abusive. The rooms are filthy. There is a constant threat of theft and violence. Please take my humble advice and never, ever, ever go here!

Terrible service, the staff so unfriendly, they seem don't want to help. I've got a reservation 4 beds room, but when I came there, they put me in a 20 beds room

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

The staff here are a mixed bag, some are rude and others are friendly. The service is mediocre at best. This place is more a motel than a hostel, and the people I met were looking for jobs or apartments in the city- sometimes both. There are as many immigrants (USA or otherwise) staying here as actual backpackers. The bathroom sink was covered in hair every day and the lack of privacy in the bathroom was unpleasant.

Far away from city, little scary area, but cheap although we paid $20 online per bed but people in the same room paid $11 for booking at reception. Pretty cool place but no security, one time a random man walked into our dorm room. Then again, you get what you pay for.

Definitely satisfactory, although not particularly impressive. Sketchy area and gaudy aesthetics, but cheap and adequate. It's all I was looking for.

• 19th Feb 2015

Its in a dangerous location, the interior inside is really nice though with the bar and pool. The rooms are not that bad. The location just threw us of. The shuttle to the airport is really nice though!