Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, California, USA

Very cheap, uncomfortable beds, make a reservation or you have to pay20$.

Don't stay here! The location is dangerous and anyone can walk in off the street (and did !) there is a lot of weird old men that live there and wander around drinking. And worst of all the staff kicked out a girl of the dorm and in a room of twenty girls moved out any luggage around her bed WHICH INCLUDED MY ENTIRE BACKPACK! And they left it at the front door for anyone to take. The rude staff didn't care or offer to help find it.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

The girls in the reception were reaaaally rude!!! They didn't answer you any questions and they didn't knew anything that you ask, and them answer me really rude! Terrible!!

• 2nd Mar 2014

If you looking for a place near by the airport, it could correct. But if you want to enjoy L.A. Forget this hostel. So fare that the city and the events. Without car, you have to stay 1h 20 on a bus!!! The neighbor is not safe, you must come back early. Forget the nightlife too. Cashier was nasty, not helpful. The cardpass doesn't work every Times. Always go to front desk!!! And the worst, the wifi never works. 8 networks and nothing !!!!! That's why it's the cheapest in L.A.!!!!

A lot of free stuff. Not that bad if we consider the fact that is free. A 24hour free shuttle. And thats very worthy when you have to be in the airport at 5:00am. Good for 1 or 2 nights max.

WORST HOSTEL EVER! completely unhelpful, uninterested staff who had no idea how to get around their own city, were consistently rude and did only the bare minimum. The hostel was filled with weird characters, many who were staying there long term (some had been there for more than a year!). It is very far from everything but the airport, so only stay there if you have a flight the next day and want to take advantage of the free shuttle service. HORRIBLE!

• 16th Feb 2014

I enjoyed it enough to extend my stay.

• 16th Feb 2014

This place was good for the shuttle and the price... But there were a lot of crazy people living long term there.. I wouldn't call it a hostel! If they had seperately quarters for the residents and backpackers it would be good, but it has a weird vibe. Staff was rude but the place was really clean. I would go there for a 2 day stop over MAX!!! Purely for the shuttle ha ha

• 14th Feb 2014

Staff very cool and honest free shuttle. Good hostel with good atmosphere.

• 21st Jan 2014

Everything you need: room, cheap, shower, shuttle to airport, late check in included breakfast is just one muffin.. but for the price(about 12 bucs) is the hostel great... :)

I had one night here and really enjoyed i can't fault it. This is a superior hostel that id highly recommend.

• 29th Nov 2013

This is a terrible place. Not safe and NOT a true hostel. They take anyone off the street .. NOT a safe or clean place. AND NO REFUND! See the room first! I refused to stay here and went next door to the Motel 8 .. had a great sleep there before my flight out of LAX.

• 15th Nov 2013

This hostel was a unique experience. We had a SatNav and a car, so finding it was easy, and getting to airport at 8am the next day was easy. The receptionists were efficient and informative. The hostel complex was really cool, with a heated swimming pool, pool-side bar, lounge bar open til 2am, and we had great craic in the bar. It was tight on parking spaces. There were large security lockers for $1. The room was ok-there was loud music in a nextdoor room/bathroom? which was also locked, at 6am

You get what you pay for, and while this is by no means the world's greatest hostel, I keep coming back because the price is right!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

I didn't enjoy my stay here. Staff were too busy to care or be accommodating and really brushed you off, the room was really damp and the bathroom filthy dirty. I felt really unsafe - and a long way from the centre of LA. And "free continental breakfast" is a muffin in a bag (I wish they would just be honest and say "free muffin for breakfast!") Having said this. It was cheap.

Terrible customer service

• 17th Sep 2013

Awful stay at this hostel so much so i checked out early and had to.book another hotel, so not only did i lose the money i paid for the 2nd night, i had to pay for a another hotel and a 30 minute phonecall on my mobile phone for the privaledge. The reception staff were rude and.not helpful at all, big attitude problem. I booked what i thought was a female 4bed dorm but a man in his 50s stayed in the room and with his conversation about being abused as child i felt umcomfortable and couldnt sleep

• 6th Sep 2013

I stayed here with a small group of friends (All of us from Australia/New Zealand) on the way home from Summer Camp, when we were checking in both of the girls at the front desk (both Tongan) didn't look up and welcome us up at all and when we did approach them it seemed like neither were interested. For value, the place was great! We had drinks by the pool for my birthday and one lovely security guy (a bald dude) approached us with free drinks and tshirts! Great place to stay on the way home!

• 5th Sep 2013

By far the worst hostel I have stayed at and Ive been all around the world. First of all, the staff is horrible they bother you with illogical rules, are extremely rude and act as if they are not there to help you. I believe this is caused by a deep seated employee culture of "not being in the mood to work but ok i have to do it" style. Furthermore, the employees are in constant conflict with customers, because the management hascreated terrible regulations. Every time I was in the main lobb

Where to start! Horrendous!! Didn't get the room we booked! Staff very rude. Things going missing all the time (rumours= inside job). Shuttle unreliable. Breakfast is one muffin (horrible). Dinner= all plain carbs nothing else. The area is really bad always police around a local gang is constantly at the hostel. The general manager is the rudest man I have ever spoken to. Only positive is cheap margaritas (in plastic cups). 0% rating tbh. Woke up at 7 every morning. RUDE HORRIBLE HOSTEL!

• 25th Aug 2013