Adventurer Hostel Reviews

4229 West Century Blvd. LAX 90304, Los Angeles, USA

This is a disgusting hostel. Dirty.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • South Korea

Spend $40 more and stay somewhere better.

I think one person was still training in staff and messed up a lot with giving me my key and information. The facilities were really sketchy to areive at night. I got a female dorm but there were guys in it. Very comfortable bed and temperpedic like pillow. The wifi didn't work. The water didn't get warm. The free airport pickup and drop off and breakfast and all the freebies were great. I wish I had time to go in the heated pool. Overall a decent cheap place I needed.

Could use lockers in the rooms. A bit annoying to take all your valuables with you.

• 6th Dec 2015

In the hood. Strangers come and go from the street as they please. Room was ok, bed was uncomfy, window was broken so it was cold and loud. Needs an upgrade. Only positive is the proximity to LAX

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

I stupidly ignored the reviews.the hostel is a disgrace. The room I was in was leaking water from the ceiling,I had a jacket which was stolen and the hostel is actually a brothel. I stayed one night but paid for 3 and was refused a refund,I called the cops but nothing could be done and the staff were extremely rude including the owner. I told the cops it's a brothel and they nodded in agreement so please know I'm not exaggerating. The area is terrible and near nothing and a total waste of money

• 2nd Dec 2015

It's clean and cheap. There have been a lot said the same about the people representing the place at front desk. Frankly that's why they are not working at the Beverly Hills Hilton. Rude and judgemental. But it's good value for money if you ignore the rest. It's definately clean. And despite the area, quite safe.

Staff were generally cool, although some ignored people quit a lot. Nowhere to prepare or store food Wasn't told about lockers for valuables. My laptop and other belongings were stolen Found out the security cameras don't even work

• 6th Nov 2015

Excellent for location to airport which was reason for stay. Converted hotel with more beds in certain rooms. Clean and easy access via bus route. Service to Manhattan beach and airport was fantastic.

Good place to stay if/when flying in/out of LA. Super convenient with the airport transfer.

As others have said this hostel is not in the nicest of places nor has it the best staff in the world, BUT I loved it. To make up for the slightly bad location, they have free shuttle buses to the beach every day, they have their own pool, and other great facilities like a tiki bar and popcorn machine, delicious blueberry muffins in the morning, coffee and tea 24 hours, free drinks every evening I went prepared for horrible staff but actually found them really helpful and welcoming.

All the place was dirty. When we had to take the free shuttle bus the driver simply wasnt there. so some person offered us a ride.

• 17th Oct 2015

the area is scary, be careful with this. The establishment is horror movie. The service of the employees of the lobby is terrible are exceeded, they are 2 and driving pc, Telephone customers and at the same time so can not Work out the problems. The rooms are 20 people with only 2 bathrooms, unbearable! And attention to customer Hostelword is terrible.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

The lobby only had fans for staff and the check in process took 45mins, after about 30min I felt very faint and not well. The staff were unknowledgable except for one who was cracking under the stress of being the go to person for everything so was rude to guests. No information given at check in re facilities and extras so did not use same (read breakfast included, free cake, no wifi password)

• 14th Oct 2015

If you travel on a budget it's okay, close to the airport, a little weird atmosphere and style, I personally didn't enjoy my stay that much and was happy to leave early the next morning, crazy people there screing 'call 911' the whole night, great parking possibilities, cleanliness was so so, didn't have a clean bed when I checked in and had to complain to get another one, but overall okay if you consider the price!

The facilities were very nice. I also like having a free glass of champagne everyday. Concerning the reception staff, they are really rude. When I did the check in, I was at the reception desk in front a receptionist and I had to wait at least 5 min before she asked if I need assistance. Then she did not said hello or welcome. The check in was really long, the front desk agent was speaking with an other colleague whereas I was still waiting for my room keys. The check in was at least 20 min.

• 4th Oct 2015

I really appreciated that place! The neighborhood is kinda ghetto but I thought it was just cool. The only bad point is that humidity smell in rooms where there is carpet all over, even that did not bug me. Otherwise I thought it was pretty clean. It has a "south american all inclusive hotel" look compared to the "university dorm/prison" style of other hostel in LA, and still much much cheaper! Another great point is that you have free parking.

• 2nd Oct 2015

It's very hard to describe this place! First of all I would definitely go back there! Even though it's not the cleanest, safest place and it definitely doesn't have the friendliest staff (people barely looked at me while checking me in... or when I asked them a question). But it has a pool, free popcorn 24/7, free shuttle service to manhattan beach and the airport (sometimes it's even in a limousine!) I stayed in a 8 ppl dorm and I got a kingsized bed! The room had two massive tvs and a bathroom

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff was incredibly rude. I complained to the manager and she sided with them and didn't offer anything but an insincere and condescending apology. There's roaches everywhere. They tried to cheat me by randomly jacking the price just for extending my stay. Cops show up all the time. It's very loud at night. They treat their guests like shit. If u see roaches, report them to the health department and code/zoning enforcement. hope inglewood shuts them down!

• 27th Sep 2015

You get what you pay for! Hostel, Pool, Breakfast was okay. But the staff was very unfriendly and I wasn't picked up at the airport (I called them 4 times). One night they woke me up at 2:30 am to check my ID without any apologize. The area is not the best and it takes appr. 1 hours by Bus to Downtwon etc. But there are a lot of stores and fastfood.

• 26th Sep 2015