Adventurers Backpackers Reviews

79 Palmer St, Townsville, Australia

Staff we're great! Picked me up from the greyhound station and once arrived we're very helpful with giving me info. My room was very clean and so was the kitchen and bathrooms. Hostel has an awesome roof top pool and pool table.Walking distance to the city which was great as I was only in townsville for one night! I wish I could have stayed a few more nights!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Wales

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing adventurers resort. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and please pop in again if you are ever in Townsville. Our receptionists will be happy to help with any bookings or queries.

Do not stay here. It's like turning up to a block of dodgy council flats. Despite their website saying that they had a 24 hour reception when we arrived at 1am after the greyhound bus dropped us off in Townsville there was no one there and no key left. We had tried to call them earlier in the evening to confirm that we'd be arriving late but again there was no answer.

• 29th Nov 2015

We are so sorry to hear this but hope you enjoyed your travels. Reception closes at 7pm however we do have a late check in service and numbers you can call for after hours on the front of reception door. We hope you were able to locate the contact sheet. Staff are more than happy to help and if you are ever in Townsville again please pop in to reception.

The pool was very nice but the bathrooms were rank and cement floors aren't very nice either.

Thank you for staying at adventurers resort. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the rest of your travels. :)

Rooms can be cleaner... I had black feet walking barefooted in my bedroom! Needs money added to communal areas. Receptionist very friendly though!

Thank you for staying at adventurers! we hope you enjoyed your stay and enjoy your travels. If you ever have any issues or queries please don't hesitate to pop in to reception or give us a call and we will do all we can to help.

Nice enough and you won't be disappointed. Very clean bathrooms - issue with the kitchen. have to go to reception to get your pots and pans, absolutely anything you require for cooking. No deposit needed You use them wash them up and leave them to dry (ask you to dry them but how can you with no paper towels?) the. Cleaners put them back in reception next morning? Seems pointless. Also a lot of utensils dirty then eating. Off a wet plate as you can't dry it. Gym is just treadmill. Better hostels

We do hope you enjoyed your stay and we are sorry to hear you had a few issues with the kitchen utensils. As a backpackers we do rely on guests to clean there own utensils after use however that means that they aren't always spotless. Our Staff are always more than happy to help with any issues or queries so please feel free to pop in to reception any time so we can do all we can to help.

I had a great time at the hostel. My room was very clean and the bathroom was clean also. The staff were great and really helpful.

• 23rd Oct 2015

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at adventurers and hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Please pop in again if you are ever in Townsville. :)

I had a pick up from the station; I've been received with a big smile and have been given all information for my visit of the city! Kitchen was very big with all you need for cooking! There is also a swimming pool in the hostel as well as a gym room, and free breakfast! The only “problem” is the Wi-Fi; it would be great to have at least 30 minutes free per day per device just to keep contact with our family but it was not a real big deal. I was generally very happy of my stay there!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at adventurers. Please pop in if you are ever in Townsville again and we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. :)

The girl checking me I'm was hurried because she had to go pick someone up. I think there could be a better set up. A Obviously they were short handed because they had a sign up looking for immediate help. The check in room/store/Internet site smelled. When I went to bed it was hot so I had the door open. I heard yelling and a scuffle the floor above. I thought there would be real violence as all parties were yelling and one geoe was known cling a chair at the other. I closed my curtains and

• 16th Oct 2015

We are very sorry to hear this as we want all our guests to have a friendly warm welcome but we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.. We also hope you did take advantage of the air con that was in your room as Queensland is known for its hot weather, days and nights. Thank you for staying with us at adventurers.

Really good location, nice greenery, great online booking and correspondence. Bed was pretty uncomfortable and sunk heavily as it was repaired with a bit of rope. Empty soap dispenser for the duration of stay in the communal toilets.

• 8th Oct 2015

Thank you for staying at adventurers and we do hope you enjoyed your stay. We want guests to enjoy all our facility's and if there is ever any queries or issues we want all of our guests to simply pop into reception so that we can help rectify them. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. :)

Stayed here for 3 nights before heading to Magnetic Island. After a lot of partying in Cairns we enjoyed relaxing by the rooftop pool and chilling out, however the hostel was very quiet at times. The communal areas are huge and you can BYO so that was good. It's a little bit out of the town centre but we generally stayed in the hostel by the pool so that didnt bother us. Compared to other hostels it was incredibly clean and the staff seem friendly

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at adventurers and thank you for picking us for you accommodation. If you are ever in Townsville again please pop in and one of our receptionists will do all they can to help with any bookings or queries. :)

Ok hostel just for a night. Had a good kitchen and bathrooms. Beds were a bit thin and no lockers but apart from that it was aright.

pretty scruffy, some very weird and creepy people sat outside the rooms on the corridor/balcony bit till late, the room smelt really bad of some chemical, ants on the floor, beds were awful - not even proper mattresses, pillows were extremely dirty and old, room really didn't look nice or welcoming. free breakfast was alright and the roof top pool was pretty cool at night.