Adventurers Backpackers

Very Good 225 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
28th Apr 2017
4.0

Customer service with I believe it was the manager was the worst Ive ever come across in my life, My room was broken into whilst in town for the night and while trying to return my KEY!! The next morning was accused of the brake in and not given my refund for the returnd KEY!!! My friend had his bag stolen and his passport taken and yet we some how were being accused with our room keys in our pockets.

9th Apr 2017
7.7

Friendly staff, tea/coffee/toast offered every morning, large clean rooms with mini-fridges, and decent wifi in common area. However, most kitchen supplies are kept in reception, which closes at 7 - bummer if you've had a long day on the island. Hostel is far from the CBD and bus/ferry (though the owners do offer pick up/drop off service during office hours), and the common areas are creepily accessible for anyone to just walk in off the street, so I definitely always locked my door.

18th Mar 2017
7.4

breakfast very poor

• meganbates97
  • England, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
5.4

Roof top pool and shuttle bus are the only good things about this hostel. It was so dead when I was there, the kitchen was massive but hardly any of the stoves worked and those that did you needed a lighter to get it to work which they did not provide. All the cutlery is kept behind the reception which closes at 7 and you have to pay ridiculous amounts for wifi

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Mar 2017
3.7

The only good point about this place was the toast and coffee in the mornings but even that didn't start till 9am while most have already got up and left by then!! The beds were uncomfortable and the air conditional made an awful lot of noise and didn't actually cool the room in the slightest! The toilet was so far away from the room it would have been faster to walk to a public toilet!! The place needs some money spending on it to make it a worth while stay

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Dec 2016

I had a very comfortable stay, I was picked up from the ferry terminal by a very friendly girl that showed me around. The pool was amazing, I spent many hours relaxing. The bathrooms were spotless. I was offered breakfast on my check out and a lift back to the bus station. I've been travelling for months so I have stayed in many hostels. Adventures is one, I really felt at home in.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Dec 2016

2nd time Back here, the staff are so helpful and friendly they genuinely care about your time in Townsville. My room was really really nice, the facilities are dated but always clean. The pool is seriously amazing I could spend days there. The location of the hostel is super close to the cheaper ferry to magnetic island which was handy to get to and from. I definitely recommend for anyone wanting a nice chill time in Townsville and Magnetic Island!