Affittacamere Da Silvia Reviews

Via Colombo 25B, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

At the bottom of large hill without parking: staff was great and so was location yo food and beach.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great room with very friendly people looking after it. I extended my stay an extra 2 days, because the area is amazing and the room was very comfortable. I highly recommend this room.

This hostel felt more like a boutique hotel! Great balcony to enjoy the town on and very accomdating owner that waited for us until 10:30pm to arrive on a Tuesday night. Next time I'm in Rio Maggiore I will 100% stay here.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Loved this place.

Brilliant location and the room was everything you would have wanted, I would stay here again without hesitation.

• 13th Jun 2014

It was a lovely small hostel and the owner was friendly and helpful. It was safe and quiet.

There are multiple rooms in different locations. But mine was nice, and the owner was very nice!

Staff was amazing! Very sweet. We also got discounts at a few restaurants in town. Our apartment was very clean and had amazing doors out to the balcony that blocked all the street noise when shut. Our apartment was pretty far up the hill. Quite a climb, but it was okay. The view was great. I would stay here again.

• 20th May 2014

I had a wonderful time here while traveling through the Cinque Terre. The room was very well kept and very clean. Jasmin and her grandmother, who run the Affittacamere Da Silvia, were very friendly and helpful. The apartments are just a bit up the main street in Riomaggiore when you exit the tunnel coming from the train station. It's close enough to all the shops, restaurants, and cafes in Riomaggiore (a couple minutes walk downhill), but also far enough so that you don't get a lot of noise.

Cinque terre is beautiful and this was a great town for us to stay in to explore the coast. The only downfall is that its a steep walk up the middle of the town to get to the apartment (unavoidable in cinque terre) and if you have heavy bags like us can be a bit hard to get them to the room. Otherwise no complaints, spacious room that was cleaned daily - comfortable stay. Such a beautiful little town and definitely go and do the hike, the view is well worth it!

We had a great little room with a Terrace and ocean views! The room had a fan, fridge and clean bathroom. Minimal steps to get there. Reception was easy to find in the main street. There was a festival on during our stay which was right below us which was fantastic as we could wander through and then come up to our Terrace and have some drinks while we watched everything that was going on. Couldn't be more happy with our stay at Affittacamere Da Silvia in Riomaggiore.

I notice that check in is possible after 2 pm as other hostels. I plan to keep may luggage on arrival and go trecking However, the reception was closed in the morning and I had to wait for 1 hour until 11:40. the designate addres is of the reception and the room was in other building. Those who arrive before 2 pm shall check the reception opening time.

The room we stayed in was wonderful with an absolutely amazing view over the bay, i felt very lucky to stay here and loved every second of it. this is more of an apartment stay than anything else. definitely recommend!

When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised with the room. Very clean and in a nice area up the hill. Had a balcony room which had a nice view and perfect to dry our clothes on the provided clotheslines. The mother of the owner was very nice and cheerful whenever we saw her throughout the day. Make sure to organize check-in and check-out times with the owner, or else the office may be closed during those times.

I had a single room; it was overall clean, but the bed was slightly sandy and there was a lot of dust hanging from the ceiling light. I wasn't told that the hot shower would run out but it did during both nights of my stay. There was no blanket in my room, only two thin sheets, which weren't enough to keep me warm at night. The cleaning lady walked into my room at 9:00am quite unexpectedly. It was nice that they provided a small furnished kitchen and a hair drier even though I didn't use them.

Everything is good. The room is just right beside the main street, so you would get a good view of the whole town from the balcony. However, the trade-off is it could be quite noisy when it comes to night. Nice place, will definitely choose this accommodation again.

Great place to stay, thanks so much for the wonderful rooms

Hostel has a very awkward entry, especially to the second room we rented, which did not have a window and which leaked water across the floor all night. Reception hours were minimal, which was frustrating both upon arrival and the next day. Check in is at a location different from the hostel which was confusing. No wi-fi. We have stayed in other hostels and this was over priced. One positive was the private bathroom a balcony in the 2nd room.

Small, basic, comfortable room in good location. Helpful staff. I was only here one night however if you plan to stay longer there are plenty of utensils for cooking your own meals but there didn't appear to be anything to cook on e.g. cooktop or electric frypan.

• 13th Oct 2012

We had a very comfortable room of 4, and the hotel is perfectly located. The staff was very helpful as they had no problem sending me back by mail the coat I had forgotten in the room.

View all Cinque Terre Bed and Breakfasts