Affittacamere Patrizia Reviews

Via Colombo 25, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Good location, although the beach that is close wasn't very nice so I ended up taking the train into the other towns each day

• 24th Aug 2015

I think it's a bit 'luck of the draw' with this one because the apartments are scattered throughout he town, but we got a gorgeous view of the sea from our little balcony which was incredible! We didn't have wifi or a kitchen or any facilities really other than beds, a bathroom and a small fridge. The office hours are ridiculous (only open 1030-2000) but when we had an issue the man was happy to come in early for us which was great. The cleaner moved our things around which wasn't okay.

We were in a room way up those stairs everyone was talking about but it wasn't too awful, just when we had our luggage. There is a lift that's broken which would make all the difference! The view was magnificent and we had a wonderful balcony. Security was an issue, a safe would fix that perfectly. Wifi would have been nice , my little brother is 16 and missed his link to the world back home. Enjoyable stay overall!

It was more like an Airbnb experience. I was expecting a hostel but ended up in someone's apartment. A nice place though in a good location.

Reception was incredibly unhelpful and unorganised.

Our hostel dorm was at the bottom of the hill which was great for the location. However, their reception is at the top of the hill and that's the only place that you can get your wifi. The only other negative thing I could say about the hostel was that there were no lockers in the dorm I stayed in. Other then that it was a good place to rest your head at night.

Me and my boyfriend booked 2 beds for 3 nights almost two months in advance. At arrival, the room was overbooked and we had to share a single bed in a room with 10 beds (2 of them temporarily squeezed, as the room was supposed to accomodate 8 guests). In the 2nd day they removed one extra bed and kept 9 in the room. Pros: air conditioning, nice view. Cons: overbooking, mediocre treatment.

• 11th Aug 2015

Great location in the apartments high up above everyone but needs wifi up there. Bathroom and shower were great. Thank you.

Only saw staff at reception in town - quiet room, 365 steps up from centre of town, worked well for as as walking the route, kept to promise in brochure

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

We had a fantastic location, right down near the water. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Although, we paid for an 8 bedroom dorm and came back to the room one night to see they had added 2 extra beds and 3 more people which was not fair on our behalf. There was no wifi in the rooms as well.

• 9th Aug 2015

The only thing missing was lockers for valuables.

• 7th Aug 2015

The staff were not Italian and in front of the costumers they spoke their language so I couldn't understand. Basically they want to charge as much as possible as everything is overpriced like parking 25 euros the day. Plus they don't give receipt with the exact amount of money paid. In fact, for some foreign costumers they even didn't give any kind of receipt, which is obligation for all the hotels in Italy. The service in general was pretty bad and the staff were not helpful at all.

Great location. Had everything you needed but nothing fancy. Aircon was great. Bathroom was very small but worked well enough.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

I had to wait a lot the day of the check inn because they didn't have my reservation. The beds were not ready for the check inn in the morning and the rooms were small compared to the numbers of beds and people staying. Apart from the location, next to the station, there was nothing good about this hostel.

How can beds be ready in the mornig when people are still checking out !

We stayed in an 8 bed mixed door room however it was hardly a door room, more an apartment which was a pleasant surprise! We had such a friendly vibe, would head out as a group every night for some drinks! Location was perfect, right in the middle of town. Only annoying thing was walking up the hill to the office for check in and then walking all the way back down for the room... Would stay here again!

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Afghanistan

Staff were very rude on arrival. We had moved from a hotel and arrived at check in time at 12pm. They walked us to our room, which was no where near the office, and we were told our room hadn't been cleaned so we had to leave our bags there and go. He argued that that's just the way it was, even after we informed him the online check in time was 12pm. We wanted to be in a hostel environment to meet other, however our room was so secluded, this did not happen.

The hotel room I stayed in was separate to the main office. The room was up a ridiculously steep hill with a million steps to reach the top. Luckily the guy carried my main 20kg bag for me as I wouldn't have been able to make it up those steps. I forgot to hand my keys in at the end and was charged AU$118 for their replacement even though I offered to send them back. They denied charging my credit card & said they'd reimburse me but I'm yet to hear anything from them. I'm not happy at all!

• 30th Jul 2015

As people have mentioned this is not a standard hostel, just a collection of rooms dotted about the village. We were upgraded to a room that was so close to the beach and was great. Everything was clean and simple.

Our dorm was in a good location right down the bottom near the beach. Not much security as there was no lockers or even locks on the bathroom doors. The front door was also very hard to close. Good AC and loved how there was a fridge and kitchen. Would of loved to have wifi in the rooms but can't complain

• 20th Jul 2015

Riomaggiore is an awesome town to stay in, one of my favorite of the small towns. The hostel was small and all the way at the top of the town, but we had a gorgeous view. If you do cinque terre right you won't be in your room much anyways. Only complaint is that they don't have wifi except in the office which is at the very bottom of the hill.

• 19th Jul 2015