Affittacamere Stella Cinque Terre Reviews

via Colombo 94, Cinque Terre, Italy

I highly recommend Stella's. I booked a bed in the 6 bed hostel and it was really clean and comfortable. Do note the mixed dorm is only for under 25s. Worth the price given how expensive the hotels are in Cinque Terre. The hostel is located on the main street in Riomaggiore, one the villages in Cinque Terre, seconds away from the bars and restaurants. The only issue I had was the lack of wifi.

nice appartment, although not as much in the center as we thought and as it was written in the description. the street mentioned there is only the office, the actual appartment is a steep and 15 min walk away. but nevertheless a nice place to stay. and 5 terre is beautiful! the staff is very friendly and nice.

Very expensive. But in Cinque terre everthing is expensive so it was ok. Great Location right in the Center. No Wifi in the rooms. Just wifi from 10-19 o clock in the office. When the office was closed at 19 o clock there was no wifi for the whole night.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Absolutely abominable. Will be writing to italian tourist board. Everyone I met was ripped off by these people. Cheated and told untruths. Catalogue of complaints. Unsafe electrics, light switch outside room so was turned on and off in middle of night. Not hotel just a room in old house not near office in village. Beware. Paid more than anywhere else in whole of italy for much much inferior room.

• 23rd Aug 2014

The room itself was nice, airy and had an excellent view. The downside was the poor soundproofing with the room next door, and the fact that the sink in the shared bathroom was clogged for the entire time that we were there.

Do not expect to get what you booked in this hostel. The rooms are spread throughout the town, so its pot luck where you end up. There is no hostel atmosphere in this place and staff are quite rude. The kitchen is not well equiped, for example only 2 spoons in a 6 bed dorm. The internet is disgraceful, it can oly be used infront of the owners office within a 1m radius, this is also not accessable between the hours of 7pm to 10am when the office is closed as he turns it off over night.

Great location, the kitchen had everything we needed, the dorms were like a little apartment with a terrace and a dining room, quite spacious and I really enjoyed my stay.

Nice place. We stayed as a group and had 1 room for us with 4 beds. Would not stay as a solo traveler. Quite a hike to get to the top of hill where unit is. But nice stay in cinque terre

BEAUFITUL, very clean place, fantastic view from our LARGE TERRACE, owner Stella very friendly and helpfull ,stay here it is really gourgeous!!

• 18th Jul 2014

Out of the hostels I have stayed in, this one has the best view by far. The place was nothing special but the location was better than I could have imagined. Great buy for the money. Staff was not overly friendly (not sure he spoke much english though). I would definitely recommend it.

It's a hike up to the hostel but well worth it. Wonderful view overlooking the water and lemon trees. The staff wasn't very helpful or friendly, but would still recommend because of it's great and beautiful location. The staff didn't provide much info, so we were mostly on our own. But for an independent traveler it's perfect

I stayed for 3 nights at the hostel, originally booking for a mixed dorm bedroom. When I arrived the hostel had been overbooked so I was moved to a 3 bed room with another random traveler who was in the same situation. The rooms do not look like any of the pictures on the internet, the decorating is very unique. There is a mighty walk uphill and upstairs to the room but the view from our window was amazing.

Very frieny and helpful staff. Helped me up the endless stairs with my huge luggage! And he played music while we used the internet outside his office!

Great place to stay in Cinque Terre! Riomaggiore is a lovely little village and this is located in a great spot. The apartment type styles are quite old with lots of random furniture but is all very clean and pretty good kitchen, staff don't speak much English but were helpful when we needed them - no lockers or anything so a bit limited security but enjoyed the stay very much!

It was like having our own little apartment in Cinque Terre with a full kitchen and everything (minus the fact we shared it with four other people!) get ready for lots of stairs and uphill walking but this place was great and the town of Riomaggiore is really cute.

I went to this apartment with an open mind. It is nothing special, but in cinque terre it is more about having a bed to rest your head than what you maybe want from other hostels. Apartment was small, had a good enough kitchen and bathroom and was cleaned well. No aircon but just slept with the windows open. Not very secure ie no locker or safe but I wasn't worrying about my stuff as the place seems quite safe. Good place to stay as a young backpacker.

A lovely haven in a picturesque town. I could list out some negative things about our stay, like how the pictures online in no way matched where we actually stayed, the amount of steps we had to climb every time we went up to our apartment, or just how minuscule the room actually was. But it's a cliff-side town so I feel like it would have been like that anywhere we stayed, and the location was fantastic! And our room came with a balcony which was a much welcomed surprise.

While our room had a great view and was well located for able bodied people - it was right above the train station in Riomaggiore which meant your sleep was constantly interrupted by the train whistles and announcements. This establishment, doesn't serve breakfast - and doesn't offer suggestions about where you might be able to eat breakfast close by.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Overall good budget place to stay if you're not fussy. Clean rooms, nice view. The garden on the terrace requires maintenance, it obstructs half the view, hangs into the doorways and attracts mosquitoes. There are stairs on the walk to the rooms, the boy that takes you to your room offers no help whatsoever with your bags, So don't stay if you can't carry your own bag. Decor in room and b.room could be de-cluttered.

Be aware that the pictures you see probably won't be the place you actually stay. This place is cheap for a reason-- there is no place to lock up your stuff during the day and no towels are provided. Also, no internet access, even though it was advertised. It was, however, kept clean and the staff was good about keeping sheets and blankets laundered. My fellow hostel guests were pleasant and courteous. If you're looking for anything more than a bed, don't stay here.

• 28th May 2014