Affittacamere Stella Cinque Terre Reviews

via Colombo 94, Cinque Terre, Italy

My friend and I booked this place last minute due to sickness and were lucky it was close to where we were initially. Our 'dorm' or unit didn't lock, so it wasn't particularly safe (you just had to bang into the door to get it open). Rooms didn't feel particularly clean either, but luckily our roommates were great. No wifi in the rooms, nor any aircon either. A decent place to stay in a pinch (like us) and in a great location.

The hostel was cramped with 8 people in a room sharing one small bathroom. There were few outlets, stains on my pillow, and the bathroom didn't seem very clean.

• 13th Aug 2015

1. Never take your huge luggage bag with you, as the location they gave is just the reception, one you check in the guy will take you to hostel where you need to climb more than 200 stairs to the actual hostel location, it is exhuasting especially once you come after tiring journey with luggage. 2. You need to buy your own locker, they have few cupbpards, you ll be lucky to get one as they are only 3 in 6 bed dormitory. 3. The pictures are fake which are uploaded on website.

It was basic accommodation, it was okay for a short term stay. Location was good, after making up the steep stairs.

This was a really nice hostel to stay in with a great communal areas in each flat even if the bedrooms were a bit cramped. Ideal location on the main street of Riomaggiore. No lock on the bathroom which was a bit strange. Not great security overall. Wifi not available in the flat that I was in, you had to go to the main office which was slightly down the street.

The room had no A/C and only one fan between 6 people. It was nice that there was a kitchen in the room as well. Didn't really use it very much but we all used the fridge which was great. The security is pretty much non-existent except for the door to the actual room which could be locked. No lockers or places to store any valuables. Location is definitely the main selling point. Wifi was only by the office and was turned off every night when the guy left around 7pm.

Located on the top of the village, a long stairway to climb from the little office on Via Colombo to the apartment. Nice view from up there. No safety deposit or lockable locks, but the whole little village felt secure. Don't seems they find changing the sheets is an absolute must between new guests. The hair in my bed wasn't mine.. Perhaps was it the maid's from when she made the bed? Bring own matches if you want to use the stove. Bring your own towel for shower.

Poor signage, I had difficulty finding this hostel. Terrible service, payment only by cash and no receipt given. Plus the staff were quite rude. The dorm room was okay but security is hugely lacking and there's no air con. Also, the bathroom shares a window with the kitchen/common room - bizarre. Only pro I can think of is its in wonderful riomaggiore and the comfy pillows.

Just a forewarning, this isn't a hostel. It's essentially a big room above a small kitchen and bathroom. The "office" for the place is about a 5 minute walk away on the main street. The location is amazing as its difficult to find accommodation in the Terre's for this price, but don't expect much in terms of facilities. This is an excellent place to ditch your stuff and sleep, that's about it.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel. Firstly, Roberto and his wife are very friendly with a always smiling face. The location of the hostel was on top of the hill of Riomaggiore, a bit diffcult to climb up. But, once you arrive there, then there is the perfect view and beatiful garden! So, when it is very hot outside during noon, we would enjoy the garden with nice breeze and shadow.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 25-30

After reading mainly negative comments i was worried to book here, but it was fine. We had to lug our suitcase up the hill which has many steps, but what do you expect when you are staying on a cliff face. The guy helped us with our bags. We had a private room which we booked and a shared bathroom. No dramas at all. nothing to complain about, basic private room which locked fine. Nice terrace to relax on. no air-conditioning but the fan was fine for us in the middle of summer.

The door didn't lock so anyone could come in and steal our belongings. The staff wasn't concerned at all about this. The place was very crammed and not well kept.

It's really just a shared apartment There are no locked lockers and some apartments require a decent climb to reach. The people were nice though, and overall, it was good deal

• 27th Jun 2015

For the money payed this hostel was a real let down. The male owner was no help at all and at best very rude to not just myself but all other patrons. However the room I stayed in was in a great location. But be aware the hostel is spread wide in Riomagiore with other rooms a ten minute up hill walk away from the town centre. Probably wouldn't stay here again as it was far to expensive for the accommodation supplied and the hostel experience given.

Really bad service !! I arrived 10 minutes after 7 pm because my train was late and the reception was close...I called the manager and he didn't want to come to give me my room. I had no place to go to and I had to pay a bed and breakfast for 75 E a night. Really bad service, I don't recommend anyone to go there. In Riomagiorre there is another hostel call Sul Porto, and the receptionist was really kind !

No wifi in the hostel, only in the office. All of the people staying in the hostel were all solo travelers and were very friendly.

Were shown to a room no bigger than a shed, missing a toilet room door that obviously fell off and was ignored, and exposed electrics in wet room. After requesting if there was maybe a different room, were shown to another with large living area, kitchenette & bathroom which begged the question why give us the first room to begin with? Throughout the whole night rats ran around over our heads in the void between the panelled ceiling and roof. Nothing but ice cold water throughout the stay too.

Just wonderful!!! Thank you so much

Great location & nice staff. Advert was quite misleading - booked what was said to be a 7 bed dorm, but turned out to be 2 rooms in a house (didn't have a lock on the front door but did for the rooms) - one 6 bed, one 4 bed and there was another big room. Only 1 bathroom - only us there so wasn't a problem, but if full you'd be sharing between ~17 people!! Shower was terrible - cold and you have to crouch down in a TINY tub and hold it over your head. Pleasant enough stay just don't expect lux!!

the guy who worked there was weird and unfriendly. not exactly a hostile but a shared apartment

• 7th Apr 2015