African Array Lodge Reviews

it was a very nice hostel although a little far away from the actual city plettenberg bay because it was up on a hill. But the view and the atmosphere of the hostel defenetly make for that! It was a very pretty house, clean and overlooking the country side and the damm of plettenberg. For a chill out time i would recoomend it

Fantastic lodge with great service from Matthew, Vicky and Sebastian! Couldn't have made my stay any better in this extremely beautiful lodge!

Beautiful view of the water reservoir, but you are quite a ways away from the ocean and beach. The owners are incredibly nice and the place has a very homely feel too it, everyone talks with everyone and you can even sit outside at night around the fire pit which is kept going until everyone goes to bed. The place has a security gate and cameras, but no lockers. The food they sell is very pricey, but the alcohol is very reasonable. I had a great time at this hostel.

We had an excellent stay in African Array. Very friendly staff, good meals, we feld at home.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I really enjoyed my stay there. At first I thought it was to far from the town center. But when i arrived and saw the view and the nature, peaceful atmosphere it changed my mind. Its a stunning location. You are catered for with cooking and there is a bar. The staff are very cool. Get ready to relax next to the fire places. And book for more than one night, because you wont want to leave:)

Matthew and Vicky are wonderful people, providing a comfortable stay for travellers, but also doing good things in their community to support those in need (including domestic animals). The views from their multiple decks are impressive and there is plenty of wood for the many fire pits if it is chilly. The road in is a bit of a challenge right now but don't let it deter you, it is worth the effort and road maintenance was underway while we were there to make it better.

The best South African hostel. Clean rooms, amazing view and outstanding food!! Visited with some Americans and they rated the food the best they have had in South Africa. Will definitely visit again! Thanks

The African Array Lodge was great. It was very cosy and my room was beautiful. Everything was very clean. My breakfast was also very good and I had it on the terrace with a great view. It was really cheap for what you get.

• 11th Nov 2013

wonderful hostel, exceptional location, good food, perfect value for money

View all Plettenberg Bay Hostels