African Footprints: Business & Backpacker Lodge Reviews

42 Pretorius Rd, Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa

No Rating

Nice, clean and safe place to stay. Friendly staff and very helpful management. Recommendable place to stay.

This place is more like a resort than a hostel. I was blown away by the amenities like the tennis court, pool, braai house, and gardens. The staff were great and booked my Bazbus tickets and gave me some tips on where to go. Parking is ample, and having a car is a good idea for this hostel. There is a bus that can take you to the train station, but the hours of operation are quite limited.

I would say that African Footprints is a very good choice. Since I was not sure about the security situation in Johannesburg I was looking for a place in a good location. This hostel is just 15 min on a very good bus from a station of the modern Gautrain which connects Downtown Johannesburg with Pretoria, Sandton and... the Airport...! Security is not a problem in the hostel area, staff is helpful, wifi runs fine and the place in itself is good for relaxing... I do recommend it.

• 9th Sep 2012
  • Argentina

Very good hotel for the price charged. A bit out of the way and the wifi not working properly. Otherwise a beautifull hotel and I will recommend it. Staff did their best to please you.

Best hostle in Joburg: superb mattresses, very clean and beautifully decorated. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful if you want to book a tour. You can use public transport (Gautrain) to get there and save a lot of taxi fees. Lush green big garden to hang out. Great place!

All round great place, there's lots of space and the dorms are new. The outdoor kitchen is well equipped, though I used the barbecue every night. Lloyd and the other staff were helpful in helping me sort out a safari a and book my onward trip. Def recommend.

• 6th Jul 2012

Thanks to Lloyd and his team for a wonderfully fun-filled yet relaxing weekend. I will definately consider staying with you again. The rooms and layout of your lodge is so welcoming and efficient and your staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 5th Jul 2012

The decor is fantastic and I was even able to buy African souvenirs to take home!The staff were friendly and courteous, and went out of their way to attend to me. Really enjoyed the pool table and ping pong, and loved the roaring fireplace in the bar- perfect for a chilly winter's night. Will definitely be returning to African Footprints!

• South Africa

Very Excellent service and Value for money!!!

• Portugal

Beautiful facilities and fanstastic staff! I will definitely check-in again soon!

• South Africa