African Roots Guest House Reviews

Plot 8 Left Lane Mayango, Entebbe, Uganda

Such a lovely homely place to stay. Everything was superb and we were treated as very special guests. We highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality. David and Diana June 2014

• 27th Jun 2014

I had a very nice stay at African Roots. Staff was very friendly. I would like to thank Anna, Stella and Sylvia. The guest house is close (3 minutes walk) to lake Victoria where you can enjoy food and drinks in restaurants with very nice view. Inside the guest house you can also try the nice gastronomy of Sylvia, in particular tilapia fish dish. Excursions can be organised to chimpanzee island, bird watching and Kampala. I had the last one with Anna as excellent tour guide visiting the capital.

This guesthouse was a wonderful retreat. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Service and staff were great. Room perfectly charming and clean, the best I had in East Africa. Friendly and welcoming. Felt at home. Would go back any time. Lovely gardens and a 5-minute walk to Lake Victoria in a beautiful neighborhood. Monique Gendreau, Québec. World traveller

• 6th Feb 2014

Very friendly & helpful staff. Located close to the lake, Recommended!

African Roots Guest House is my absolute favourite accomodation. The excellent service and the homeliness of this place is just amazing. I will definitely visit again!

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Great guest house at a reasonable price. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food excellent.

• 24th Sep 2013

Amazing place! If/when I am back in Entebbe I will absolutely go back to African Roots Guesthouse. The staff were so sweet and helpful, the rooms were super comfortable, and we were thrilled to have hot water and a huge breakfast cooked for us. A fabulous spot- we didn't want to leave!

• 11th Sep 2013

The staff here are so friendly and polite. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, and the food served is very nice. The wifi works really well. The private transport or taxi gentleman they use (Jamil) is very helpfully and helped me a lot with many things and I highly recommend his services! Anne who works for the guest house especially provided above and beyond service. I honestly have never had someone any where in the world be of such assistance and care so much, so a big thank you to her.

They forgot to pick me up as agreed but then offered to pay my taxi fare. Genuine, friendly staff who tried very hard even if they didn't have the answer. Great location, close to the lake and restaurants. Would happily recommend

Lovely place run by fantastic staff. Room was excellent and breakfast was perfect start to the day. I was dissapointed with the shower in my room as for $50 I expected to have a good, powerful shower. But otherwise, thouroughly enjoyed my stay there.

View all Entebbe Bed and Breakfasts