Aga Hamam Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mahallesi Turnacibasi Caddesi No 48, Aga Hamam hostel ,Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Everything was fine!

The hostel is located close to the Istiklal cad. and thus very central. The Hamam in the basment is uniqe and an amazing place for the reception. The rooms are clean and the staff very nice. The bathroom is new and nice, but the 4 shower cabins are placed in one room. There are no lockers, but the place seems rather save.

• 24th Aug 2014

very good location and excellent staff. i liked very much the location and the building of the hostel. More than value for money

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Everythings well, but no hot water..........Its fine only in the summer.

Safe and secure. Just off of Taksim. Helpful staff who are very accommodating to many changes of plan etc. VERY clean! Especially by comparison to the other hostels of Istanbul. Usually quiet enough for getting a sleep but given that it's located in the centre you have to expect a bit of noise. Decent kitchen. Atmosphere is lacking slightly. It is not the most social hostel. People usually come in groups or pairs and keep to themselves. At least during my stays. My budget pick in Istanbul!!

Very nice man at front door. Amazing neighborhood and cool old building with an operating Hamam.

• 14th Jul 2014

女性6人部屋を利用したが、私だけだったので、実質1人部屋だった(^∇^) 迷路みたいな階段を通って最上階…エレベーターはもちろんない。ご飯食べる施設もない。ベッドは綺麗で虫がいそうな気配はないが、蚊が入ってくるので、扇風機をつけて寝た。 シャワーは温かいのが出る。部屋のドアが開閉悪い。トイレも普通。 キッチン、テラスある。 i stayed at female 6 room,for 2days there was only me. the room was top floor,which is 4th with no elevator. you can use hot shower,there was only soap,toilet was ordinary. bed was clean with no atmosphere of bugs,but mosquito. there was kitchen and living room,terras in front of the room.clean.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Great place for crashing in Istanbul, but be aware that the night life outside continues well after midnight and the street-facing rooms are very loud until the early morning. Not for light sleepers.

While this hostel is an ok stay - it's really just to get the job done. There's no real way to socialize and everyone stays to themselves. Most of the staff can't speak English and the showers are pretty dirty, flip flops are a must!

Very good value for money. AND ideally located (we asked a local guy that we met to show us the best place to go for the evening, and he brought us exactly were the hostel is). AND the staff is nice :)

Very nice and clean hostel! And the staffs there is super helpful! I'll definitely come back to stay here again !

Clean hostel where they also really have a hamam. I went there on saturday night and it was very noisy from the street. Don't know if it's every night the same but i guess so given that it's in an area full with bars and nightclubs.

• 21st Jun 2014

No lockers for the Big bags, but small lockers for your values. The hostel is still a working hamam which gives it a very special atmosphere! Go there and enjoy the beautiful building.

Quiet and clean hostel close to Taksim Sq., big common room with nice terrace, working wifi (doesn't happen so frequently), particular atmosphere cause of hamam contest (turkish baths). Pity they adjusted light in wc just the day before my departure ;-(( but, anyway, recommended place for low cost trip.

깨끗하고 위치도 좋았는데... 제가 여자라 그런지 스텦들이 엄청관심보이네요;;새벽에 자고있는데 술마시자고 술들고 오기도하고.. 아침에 자고있는데 자는모습 지켜보고있다가 제가 눈떠서 기겁한날도있고... 도대체 어떻게 받아들여야할지;; ㅎㅎ 일층이 목욕탕이라 좀습한거빼면 좋아요

Wonderful hostel! Very beautiful old bath houses, dating back to the 1400's. Staff were great, very kind and helpful. One man helped me carry my bag up 3 flights of stairs without me even asking! They also let me store my luggage after check out for free. Slept well, bed was comfy, and street was quiet. Nice kitchen, clean bathrooms, strong hot showers, good wifi, excellent location. Only thing I'd change would be to add more outlets in the dorms. Lovely place, I'd definitely go back!

we liked the blind little cat very much !

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Serbia

The hostel has an amazing hammam downstairs, which was definitely a luxury. The hostel is kept very clean and the floors, stairs and even handrails are all made out of marble. So definitely good value for money. The area is great: there's loads of nice restaurants, bars, clubs, shops and cafes.

When we arrived, the staff didn't open the door (after ringing the bell) for over 20 minutes. When he opened we realised that he was totally drunken as well as that he wasn't able to speak one english word. We got a map and it took him 5 minutes to find his own hostel on it. Location and security are pretty ok but the atmosphere makes it impossible to enjoy your stay. Never again! PS: I am sure that it would be good to delete this hostel from your homepage! 85% on your homepage?Why?

• 2nd Apr 2014

we close the door at 3:00 AM for sercurity , if you ring bell , our staff open the door . The atmosphere is historical . Our building was done at 1454 , so you can not find modern design in the hostel , you can smell historical atmosphere of the istanbul in our hostel . sure our staff dont know any english for night but I and my sister is in hostel between 10:00pm to 10:00 am

The hostel was absolutely wonderful. The location, staff and atmosphere made Istanbul amazing. Hostel is very close to many clubs around the Taksim area. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Istanbul.