Aga Hamam Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mahallesi Turnacibasi Caddesi No 48, Aga Hamam hostel ,Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Clean and comfy dorms in a cool old building. Comfortable common area and kitchen. Not all the staff spoke English but wasn't much of a problem. Down from istiklal street near Taksim, so reasonably good area near much food and bars but off the main drag so no real street noise, except the odd rioting. Not really their fault though.

Very clean, beautiful building, kitchen area and terrace. Staff were helpful when present, but not all staff can speak English well, and at times reception was unattended for hours. Showers not so good.. water pressure and temperature are good, but the wall fitting to hold up the shower head is broken in every single shower, and while I was there the glass door fell off the shower and shattered.

Amazing location. Fantastic atmosphere. Our only complaint was the showers were getting old. Some had issues with the shower head making them unusable. Over all a great experience.

The furniture of the reception and the living room is very nice. The dormitories are very basic. The washing rooms and toiletts were quite old and some things were broken. At 2 days from 4 days of my stay, there was no warm water. Most of the time there is nobody at the reception to complain about. The situation of the hostel is very good to reach the taksim area and with a 20min walk you are on the other side of the golden horn. Alltogether the cost/performance ratio is ok.

• 29th Apr 2013
  • Austria

The hostel is located on the upper floors of a historic Turkish hamam which makes it stand out from many other hostels in the area. The rooms were all very clean and there is a really nice sitting room and a large kitchen as well as a very large rooftop terrace, the kitchen could use more cooking pots, plates and utensils but beyond that it was very good. It is also a very short walk to Istiklal street whith tons of restaurants, bars and shopping plus close to public transit.

Not terrible, but staff have little english and area of town is kinda scary for a girl alone at night...like my other hostel a lot better!

Great place, most friendly staff, really recommendable!

Located in Taksim near the clubs so it's loud at night, and the street to reach it is super sketchy at night (though there are people around so I'm sure you're safe). The staffer I interacted with seemed to speak no English. The whole building seemed old and worn down (but also under renovation - like for some reason all their salon furniture is super fancy and new looking). Facilities were okay but I would not have wanted to use the hamam. But it was cheap = worth it. You get what you pay for.

Thank to the kindly and friendly staff. We met nice people from around the world. Great experience. Good facilities and Taksim Street is very close with many good restaurants and shops. I recommend this hostel. Myriam from France.

• 28th Mar 2013

good equiped kitchen. nice terrrace. good location. my disapointment was the hamam. the masage was painful and short ( they dedicated twice as much time on the girls before me and they seemed more gentle to them as well). way too expensive for the poor unprofesional sevice provided.

• 16th Mar 2013
  • Sweden

Firstly , the hamam and Hostel different companies , both of them is belong us , but the price is different , if you dont like hammam , you should write to trip advisor , secondly all hamam is expensive in Istanbul , but our hamam is cheapest hamam however we give a discount hostel customers for the hamam .

very recomended!!!!! great location and good facılıtıes! also secure and worm wıth ıts own turkısh bath (hamam)

• 13th Mar 2013
  • Argentina

had a nice time in this hostel. the staff was nice and the other guests were great. great living room and wonderful terrace. thanks

A nice little hostel based above Turkish baths. I met some cool people here and would recommend for a short stay. May be a little hard to find initially but still a cool location. Staff were also very helpful.

The Location is good ,I smell local atmosphere, staff is very helpfull,I advise the hostel , price and confort rate is good

When we came, the water didn't work upstairs where our rooms were so they let us use the hamam for free! Really cool, unexpected experience

Good location, near to Taksim Square where we can find shops, restaurants and night clubs. Bad conditions of bathrooms, with doors and showers that didn't work but the rooms are comfortable and clean.

I like this hostel a lot!!! If I go to Istanbul again,I would definitely stay there again!!!!

• 27th Dec 2012
  • Russia

Fantastic location and an interesting building to stay in. Lovely big room, I stayed in the large dorm, which meant that I didn't really use the rest of the hostel. The terrace looks like it is a nice place to be in the summer. The one thing that I would recommend is that they put some information about the hammam in the dorm rooms, I wanted to know about the baths but the man who was there when I arrived didn't speak English. The free wifi was really handy over Christmas:)

ai thougth the hostel ws verry nice staff were good and i had a good time there

• 22nd Dec 2012

The staff was very helpful, even when I hurt myself one of the workers from the Hostel drove me to the hospital.