Aga Hamam Hostel Reviews

Kuloglu Mahallesi Turnacibasi Caddesi No 48, Aga Hamam hostel ,Taksim, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel has an amazing hammam downstairs, which was definitely a luxury. The hostel is kept very clean and the floors, stairs and even handrails are all made out of marble. So definitely good value for money. The area is great: there's loads of nice restaurants, bars, clubs, shops and cafes.

When we arrived, the staff didn't open the door (after ringing the bell) for over 20 minutes. When he opened we realised that he was totally drunken as well as that he wasn't able to speak one english word. We got a map and it took him 5 minutes to find his own hostel on it. Location and security are pretty ok but the atmosphere makes it impossible to enjoy your stay. Never again! PS: I am sure that it would be good to delete this hostel from your homepage! 85% on your homepage?Why?

• 2nd Apr 2014

I Really liked the hostel. The people working there very responsible, always ready to help. The hostel Beautiful antique furnishings, beautiful furniture. Everywhere very is clean, room is cleaned every day. Very convenient location. If you want, you can take advantage of a Turkish bath at a discount. Thank for girls-management, very good service.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Russia

- I liked the girl at the reception. - I could use the towels for free to take a shower (and I didn't use the hammam) - there were 9 more people sleeping in the same room, however it felt cozy and fresh. - IT is a bit of a problem to carry the suitcase to the upper floors since there is no elevator ans stairs are steep and narrow - very good value for money

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

Quiet place

This is a nice and quiet hostel in a good location near Taksim square. They have a nice kicthen with a comfy sitting room and an outside deck. Met some wonderful travelers at this place. I would easily recommend this place to my friends.

This is the perfect hostel for any backpacker on a budget. Great value for the price. There is a great terrace to hang out on and it is just a short walk to both taksim square/istiklal street and down to the tram. I enjoyed my time here.

The hostal was pretty good, The lockers are small, but you can leave your things on your bed, is pretty secure, you feel it. Our only problem was to come late in The night, because at nights sí años old man who dont speak any word in english, so it was a really big problem to explain everything. In The day you can find a really pretty lady who speak good english. I would go back again here. Really nice hostel.

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Colombia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel with very good location, just off Istiklal street and with a roof terrace. only the showers were a little bit weird since they are in one room and you couldn't really lock them, so you kind of had to get changed in the shower, a little bit complicated but not a big problem though. A little bit difficult to find since there was no real sign but some one from the staff saw us and showed us the entrance. I would definitely come back!

Some very hairy men downstairs

Staff is pretty annoying as they enter the dormitorys various times every morning without really caring about the clients`rest. to be honest you have the sentation of being surveilled. Other than that the hostel was clean and the rooftop with tables and chairs is relly cool.

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The man running this place completely ruined my experience. While it is in a cool area and funky building, it is hard to enjoy yourself when you have an old Turkish man who doesn't speak English hovering over your shoulder. He thought I was trying to hook up with another guest and proceeded to yell at me for trying to say goodnight. I then made a reservation for a couple days later and when i returned he said they were full and I was forces to find another hostel the day of my stay. Lame owners!

• 14th Aug 2013

Firstly old man is not owner . he is only security , secondly a girls complain because of you , so we don't extend your reservation . we have to think all guest .

Overall, a good value for money hostel with a very good location. There is, however, a SERIOUS need for air conditioning in the rooms. The Turkish Bath is excellent and well worth a visit! For the price not a bad hostel at all.

• 12th Aug 2013

Great hostel in a great location, slightly off the Main Street but we preferred this. Clean, everything you need with fridges and fans. The Hammam downstairs is great and we would definitely recommend!

Please put in lockers in the dorms! I would also be good to teach all the staff at least some English. Also, tell the staff who usually worked evenings/nights to stop smoking inside!!! Great kitchen/living room!

Very clean place and friendly staff. It has a historical Turkish bath at the entrance floor. Choose the main roads to return to the hostel at night for security reasons. Be aware that bathrooms are common.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Turkey

Not far from Taksim Square. Several supermarkets are nearby. Spacious dorm and rooftop.Very clean.

it was a nice place to place and on the perfect location as well..

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

Lovely hostel in an amazing location. Staff are friendly and will help you out if you need anything. Cooking facilities available which is a great plus. 5min walk to Taksim square and the main shopping street. Overall excellent

everything there was fine except the WiFi service,i barely could get connected to the net. other than that the staff and the place was all perfect.

• 26th Jun 2013