Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I had awesome days in Istanbul, I just can highly recommend this hostel especially because of the staff there :-) I will come back

• 11th May 2015

I loved EVERYTHING about Agora. The staff were SO helpful, it is conveniently near the blue mosque and walking distance from the spice market, grand bazaar, and it's near a tram stop, so you can take that anywhere. The rooms were spacious, huge lockers, the staff gave us hand drawn maps with recommendations which were great. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at any hostel and the terrace is gorgeous and has a great view. This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Istanbul!!

We appreciate your nice comments :) We enjoyed your company as well. It was a pleasure meeting you! Have a great summer, hope to see you again... On behalf of all Agora team, once again thank you for taking your time to rate us :) Vahap (Bob Kelso) @front desk

I stayed with my friends at Agora House for 4 nights. The room was small but cozy and the facilities were great. It has a lovely terrace for breakfast and tea. Breakfast was better than an average hostel and had some variety everyday with homemade cakes. Staff was helpful borrowing a phone charger to one of us and Tony (night shift staff) was excellent and extremely helpful trying to change our flight by calling Turkish airlines for a while. Thank you so much for your help Tony!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a great time hanging out with the manager on the rooftop terrace, drinking wine, watching ships cruise the Bosporus. the breakfast is fantastic.

• 12th Apr 2015

Thank you for your feedback :) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope you can make it back to Istanbul again. Have a great summer! Bob Kelso @ Agora Guesthouse

Great place!

I spent my vacacion there during Easter and had a great time. Thanks for the good service! Thanks for the special deal on 6/04.

The staff are very friendly, hospitality and really helpful. It has located very near to attractions tourist and sightseeing places like Topkapi palace, Blue mosque, Hagia sophia.You can go every where by walking or tram. I recommend you staying in this Hostel.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Hi there :) It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. Hope to see you again! Thank you for the review :) Have a great summer. Vahap @ frontdesk

The staff was great! They were very helpful, nice, attentive, and sweet. The room (I stayed in a room alone) was great. Very clean, spacious... perfect layout, with closet for space, desk, tv(which did not work although that was not a problem, i only wanted it for background noise while getting ready). Place is beautiful, with a great roof top terrace and beautiful views! Walking distance to Restaurants, Bazaars, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and everything else. I will for sure go back!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. I was traveling alone and felt safe and comfortable here. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is awesome! The location is good for the big sights. It's a bit of a walk to get across the bridge but still fine. I would definitely stay here again.

Very nice hostel located at historic part of Istanbul. Walking distance to Sultanahmet mosque, blue mosque, basilica cistern etc. Staff is very helpful, kind and friendly. Breakfast offers delicious traditional Turkish foods as a great start to your day. It's very clean hostel like bathroom and room itself with wifi access at each floor. Highly recommended.

This hotel is the best hotel in turkey! Breakfast is fantastic. I can't forget it!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

We are glad to hear your nice comments :) Hope to see you again soon! We enjoyed your company too, pleasure meeting you :) Vahap @ front desk

Staffs are very kind and the breakfast is very nice!!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

We would like to thank you for your nice comments :) It was nice meeting you, glad you enjoyed your stay with us :) Vahap @ front desk

The hostel is in a great location (if a little touristy), making it easy to see many of the big sites. Met great people there,and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was very happy with the breakfast, too. Overall, I'd highly recommend it.

We appreciate your nice comments and for taking the time to give us a rating :) We are glad see you really enjoyed your stay. You are right about our location being a little too touristy but then again we are painfully close to all main attractions :) Hope to see you again :) Vahap @ front desk

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at throughout the world. Most attractive point is the view from rooftop. Totally recommend this hostel. A high level hostel, everything is just perfect, there is nothing I could complain about, the location, the stuff, the breakfast, everything can´t be better, it´s just great. PS: REMEMBER THIS NAME - Orhan Guler (nick named: Jo) The best guy that you would, should and could meet and know in Turkey... and he works in this hostel!!! =o)))

• 26th Dec 2014

Very clean and EZ to go some famous place like Mosque. Breakfast is also good and a lot of variety so u will be satisfied. Most attractive point is the view from rooftop, u can see beautiful sunrise.

• 21st Dec 2014