Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great staff!! and great location. I highly recomend

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

We appreciate your kind remarks :) It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. Hope to see you again! Bob Kelso @ front desk

enjoyed my stay , staff and facilities were excellent

On behalf of the entire Agora Staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you :) Hope to see you again, have a great summer. Bob Kelso @ front desk

Great place to stay, short walk to everywhere.

We appreciate your feedback :) We are glad to hear you had a good time staying with us. Hope to see you again in the future! Bob Kelso @ front desk

The staff was very helpful and friendly even when I arrived at 1am!

Thank you for taking your time leaving us feedback. It was pleasure being your host. Hope to have you stay with us again for a longer visit :) Bob Kelso @ front desk

Finally, a bed that's comfortable. Powerful air conditioning, really clean and nice toilets, great breakfast spread, rooftop terrace, just great. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel (other than having to share rooms, of course).

We appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure meeting you. Have a wonderful summer, see you next time you are in town :) Bob Kelso @ front desk

The only downfall for us was that the kitchen wasn't really able to be use by guests & that would have been really helpful.

This was the first hostel I have ever stayed at, but I am reviewing this hostel after having stayed at 5+ other hostels. - The shuttle service was easy to find from Ataturk Airport. - Hostel/Istanbul seemed to attract independent and free thinking people - Helpful staff (Tomomi was very helpful and still e-mails me one month after my stay!) - Homecooked breakfast was included - Clean and had no problems with the free wi-fi

This hostel is awesome. The staff is great, the location is in a great spot, close to Blue Mosque, the bathroom is nice, there is a beautiful view on the rooftop, the kitchen is great and a delicious breakfast. I extremely recommend this hostel.

Had an awesome stay at Agora! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location is prime, and the breakfasts were amazing! Everything was clean and felt very secure, and we greatly appreciated the tea and coffee provided on the beautiful rooftop terrace. I would recommend Agora without hesitation!

Good hostel.

• Japan

I had awesome days in Istanbul, I just can highly recommend this hostel especially because of the staff there :-) I will come back

• 11th May 2015

I loved EVERYTHING about Agora. The staff were SO helpful, it is conveniently near the blue mosque and walking distance from the spice market, grand bazaar, and it's near a tram stop, so you can take that anywhere. The rooms were spacious, huge lockers, the staff gave us hand drawn maps with recommendations which were great. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at any hostel and the terrace is gorgeous and has a great view. This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Istanbul!!

We appreciate your nice comments :) We enjoyed your company as well. It was a pleasure meeting you! Have a great summer, hope to see you again... On behalf of all Agora team, once again thank you for taking your time to rate us :) Vahap (Bob Kelso) @front desk

I stayed with my friends at Agora House for 4 nights. The room was small but cozy and the facilities were great. It has a lovely terrace for breakfast and tea. Breakfast was better than an average hostel and had some variety everyday with homemade cakes. Staff was helpful borrowing a phone charger to one of us and Tony (night shift staff) was excellent and extremely helpful trying to change our flight by calling Turkish airlines for a while. Thank you so much for your help Tony!

Agora was easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Great location, very clean, amazing views from the upstairs common room and rooftop terrace, and fun and friendly staff. Delicious free breakfast every morning in the common room - I definitely miss all the homemade treats! I was traveling alone for the week and felt safe. Will definitely recommend Agora to anyone traveling to Istanbul and will definitely be back in the future. Can't recommend it enough, Agora was really special.

• 15th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a great time hanging out with the manager on the rooftop terrace, drinking wine, watching ships cruise the Bosporus. the breakfast is fantastic.

• 12th Apr 2015

Thank you for your feedback :) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope you can make it back to Istanbul again. Have a great summer! Bob Kelso @ Agora Guesthouse

Great place!

I spent my vacacion there during Easter and had a great time. Thanks for the good service! Thanks for the special deal on 6/04.

The staff are very friendly, hospitality and really helpful. It has located very near to attractions tourist and sightseeing places like Topkapi palace, Blue mosque, Hagia sophia.You can go every where by walking or tram. I recommend you staying in this Hostel.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Hi there :) It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. Hope to see you again! Thank you for the review :) Have a great summer. Vahap @ frontdesk

The staff was great! They were very helpful, nice, attentive, and sweet. The room (I stayed in a room alone) was great. Very clean, spacious... perfect layout, with closet for space, desk, tv(which did not work although that was not a problem, i only wanted it for background noise while getting ready). Place is beautiful, with a great roof top terrace and beautiful views! Walking distance to Restaurants, Bazaars, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and everything else. I will for sure go back!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. I was traveling alone and felt safe and comfortable here. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is awesome! The location is good for the big sights. It's a bit of a walk to get across the bridge but still fine. I would definitely stay here again.