Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

This is not a social hostel. If you are looking for more of a hotel experience, but with shared dorms and hostel prices, you'll be very happy here. Very clean, comfortable, amazing breakfast, helpful staff....really a nice place. But there was pretty much no one there, no bar, no socializing at all. So depends on what you're looking for, also probably depends on the season (maybe there is more atmosphere in high season), but it was a nice place.

This place has a charming dining area that gives you the view of Bosphorus. It was off season during my stay but this place can be quite lively in different months, I imagine. Mind you, Sultanahmet has no night life.

Nice staff, good location and great breakfast. Wifi was decent throughout. Plugs by the bed would be a good addition.

Bob the manager was great, as well as Teddy. Showed up on a bike and found a great place to store it. Hostel very clean and relaxed - if anything can be too quiet if I was looking for more than to relax. Bob was really funny and looked after everyone.

Very good place to stay in Istanbul. Close to the main attractions and very nice staff. Would recommend it.

Very good guest house. Excellent location, just 2 minutes walk to Blue mosque and Aya Sophia. Very convenient. Beautiful view from the roof top. Very friendly staff. Would recommend for sure

Mate, these guys are super cool! If you need anything, just f.cking tell them and get impressed right after! Do you need water? They can bring ocean to Mars for you! Do you need to reach someone? They can rent a satellite for you! Did you get sick? They can quickly enroll to medical school for you! Do you want to listen music? They can resurrect Elvis Presley for you!! True story!

Exceptionally good value for money. Well located guesthouse, extremely clean, brilliant roof terrace and a delicious breakfast. Reception staff were mostly excellent during the week, but during the weekend/nights they were not as friendly or helpful. We stayed in a private room and it was roomy, well equipped and spotless. Still, I would strongly recommend Agora Hostel and Guesthouse anyone looking to stay in Sultanahmet for a reasonable cost.

This was a great and peaceful hostel in a superb location - it was right near the main plaza of the old city, built right near the ruins of the old Byzantine palace. Not a party hostel - if you want a peaceful and chilled out experience I would definitely recommend a stay here - the breakfast is good, and you can sit on the terrace roof and look out across the sea every morning! I could come and go as I pleased. The staff were very very very helpful! Thanks team!

I stayed in Agora for one night on my overnight lay over on my way to Italy and another night on another lay over on my way back. On my first night, I missed my tour . Orhan from Agora's front desk helped me reschedule the tour I missed to my second night. He also helped me book a Bosphorus Dinner Cruise at the last minute. Overall, my experience with Agora has been pleasant. I will definitely be recommending and staying there again if I go again to Istanbul

The staff at Agora were incredibly welcoming, friendly and helpful! I really enjoyed my stay at Agora.