Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, just a few steps away from the blue mosque... restaurants around the corner. Breakfast was very good too. Bed was comfortable in a 8 bed room. Lacks of a "hostel atmosphere" but you may meet some people in the terrase. Overall I would recomend it.

We love this place. Stayed there on two occasions for three nights each time. Great location in Sultanhamet just minutes from Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The terrace has great views of the Bosphorus and Sea of Mamara. Agora has both private rooms and hostel dorm rooms. The private room we stayed in was generous in size, comfortable beds, good AC, and nice bathroom. Breakfast on the terrace was an excellent buffet. Good wifi. Bob and the rest of staff were friendly, funny and helpful. The place.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a real pleasure meeting your family :) Reading these nice comments is what keeps us alive :) Thank you for going along with my thousand jokes thrown at you each morning and night :) We are glad to hear you had a nice visit. Have a great summer...What a pleasant family! Best Regards from Sultanahmet... On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Thanks for a great stay! :)

• 21st Jun 2014

Amazing staff, went above and beyond to help. Facilities were exceptionally clean. Great place to stay.

Well the manager Vahap, and the other two gentlemen in front desk were excellent. Reiko the Japnese lady was excellent in the kitchen and she and her team would make a wonderful breakfast for us to fortify us for the whole day ahead. I wish all of them the very best. I dont know everybodys names so please excuse me.

Dear friend, It was good to see you yet one more time :) (We stopped counting how many times you came back to Agora!) We are glad we met your needs with our changing staff. We wish you a great summer. Until next time, all the best from the entire Agora Team. Vahap Sumer _Property manager_

Great location, abundant breakfast, nice staff. Awesome terrace on the top, you can see the Asian part of the town. Need to put reading reading light in the rooms.

Thank you very much for your time rating us :) It was a pleasure meeting you! We promise the reading lights are on our to do list. We bought a few reading lights that can attach the beds as temporary solution. Hope to see you again on your next Istanbul trip :) On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

My most concern anywhere I stay is cleanliness. I think Agora Hostel does a great job in keeping the place clean and safe.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

It was a real pleasure meeting you. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you can plan a longer trip to Istanbul next time. Have a great summer! On behalf of Agora Guesthouse team we thank you once again for your kind words :) Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Poor layout of the hostel, there is only a token common area on the ground floor and the layout and having a roof terrace is a detour which does not make it a central place to meet other travelers. As a result the hostel has a poor atmosphere. The facilities are good and the breakfast is very good.

トラムの駅、アヤソフィア、ブルーモスクから近いので観光にとても便利。ホテルのテラスからの眺めがとてもいい!とても快適に過ごせました。

• 14th May 2014
  • Japan

Great place to stay!!

We appreciate your time to give us feedback. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay. Hope to see you again in the future for a second trip :) Have a great summer! -property manager Vahap Sumer-

ゴールデンウィーク中に、女性専用ドミトリーに宿泊しました。 トイレもシャワー室も、常に清潔にされていて、気持ち良く使用することができました。シャワーは熱いお湯がたっぷり使えて、幸せでした。他のゲストハウスでは、ちょろちょろとぬるいお湯しかでないところもあったので。。 また、朝食がとってーーも美味しかったです!アゴラの他、3箇所別のゲストハウスに宿泊しましたが、ここの朝食が一番美味しかったです。(^^) また、スタッフさんも親切でフレンドリーです。片言の日本語で一生懸命話かけてくれます。 何よりも、日本人ボランティアスタッフのともみさんが、とても素敵な方です。初対面にも関わらず、親切に色々相談にのって下さいます。また、ともみさんの地図は、情報満載で、とても役立ちます! 初めてのイスタンブール、アゴラゲストハウスを選んで本当に良かったです。(^o^)

• 1st May 2014
  • Japan

staff are the best and so helpful, very clean

We would like to thank you for your kind words :) It means a lot to receive fe3edback on what we try to do 365 days 25 hours a day :) We are glad you had a great time during your Istanbul visit. Hope to see you again! -property manager Vahap Sumer-

Great hostel, I felt safe and was looked after well! Couldn't make breakfast as had to leave early but was offered a packed breakfast to go. Couldn't have asked for more. Will definitely stay again if I return.

Appreciations for your kind words :) It keeps us alive and try harder...It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to see you again! -Vahap Sumer property manager

Very clean hostel, got a good night sleep as this is definitely not a party hostel, but can BYO alcohol and sit on rooftop terrace...

• 21st Apr 2014

I stayed in a Basic 10 bed mixed doorm, which was in the basement but it had windows so there was still enough light. The hostel has a very good location, you can practically walk to all the main sights in Sultanahmet. I particulary liked the roof terrace with an excellent view of Marmar sea and the delicious breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The only downside was that it was very cold during the night and the blankets they have are very thin. Shouldn't be a problem in summer

Great friendly and welcoming hostel with a fantastic roof view. Staff were extremely helpful and informative. I think the hostel would really benefit from some sort of snack bar or restaurant on the roof however you can bring your own beers etc onto the roof so it is not too much of an issue. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay.

• 19th Apr 2014

Sayed in the mixed dorm. Only issue is the locker system under the beds. They are inherently noisy. Otherwise great spot in Sultanahmet and staff are very helpful and friendly.

Wonderful Hostel and great staff. I would stay there again.

• 13th Apr 2014

I had an amazing stay there ! The staff is nice, the rooms are clean and you get to meet a lot of people from everywhere around the world. Getting a coffee on the terrasse (which has an amazing view) is a pleasure I miss as I'm back in my country.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel/Hotel. extremely near the two most important mosques. i would definitely go back thtere. staff very friendly, room nice and clean. good breakfast and nice view from terrace and from our room. can really recommend this hostel - more a hotel.

• 28th Mar 2014