Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

ゴールデンウィーク中に、女性専用ドミトリーに宿泊しました。 トイレもシャワー室も、常に清潔にされていて、気持ち良く使用することができました。シャワーは熱いお湯がたっぷり使えて、幸せでした。他のゲストハウスでは、ちょろちょろとぬるいお湯しかでないところもあったので。。 また、朝食がとってーーも美味しかったです!アゴラの他、3箇所別のゲストハウスに宿泊しましたが、ここの朝食が一番美味しかったです。(^^) また、スタッフさんも親切でフレンドリーです。片言の日本語で一生懸命話かけてくれます。 何よりも、日本人ボランティアスタッフのともみさんが、とても素敵な方です。初対面にも関わらず、親切に色々相談にのって下さいます。また、ともみさんの地図は、情報満載で、とても役立ちます! 初めてのイスタンブール、アゴラゲストハウスを選んで本当に良かったです。(^o^)

• 1st May 2014
  • Japan

staff are the best and so helpful, very clean

We would like to thank you for your kind words :) It means a lot to receive fe3edback on what we try to do 365 days 25 hours a day :) We are glad you had a great time during your Istanbul visit. Hope to see you again! -property manager Vahap Sumer-

Great hostel, I felt safe and was looked after well! Couldn't make breakfast as had to leave early but was offered a packed breakfast to go. Couldn't have asked for more. Will definitely stay again if I return.

Appreciations for your kind words :) It keeps us alive and try harder...It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to see you again! -Vahap Sumer property manager

Very clean hostel, got a good night sleep as this is definitely not a party hostel, but can BYO alcohol and sit on rooftop terrace...

• 21st Apr 2014

I stayed in a Basic 10 bed mixed doorm, which was in the basement but it had windows so there was still enough light. The hostel has a very good location, you can practically walk to all the main sights in Sultanahmet. I particulary liked the roof terrace with an excellent view of Marmar sea and the delicious breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The only downside was that it was very cold during the night and the blankets they have are very thin. Shouldn't be a problem in summer

Great friendly and welcoming hostel with a fantastic roof view. Staff were extremely helpful and informative. I think the hostel would really benefit from some sort of snack bar or restaurant on the roof however you can bring your own beers etc onto the roof so it is not too much of an issue. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay.

• 19th Apr 2014

Sayed in the mixed dorm. Only issue is the locker system under the beds. They are inherently noisy. Otherwise great spot in Sultanahmet and staff are very helpful and friendly.

Wonderful Hostel and great staff. I would stay there again.

• 13th Apr 2014

I had an amazing stay there ! The staff is nice, the rooms are clean and you get to meet a lot of people from everywhere around the world. Getting a coffee on the terrasse (which has an amazing view) is a pleasure I miss as I'm back in my country.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very nice hostel/Hotel. extremely near the two most important mosques. i would definitely go back thtere. staff very friendly, room nice and clean. good breakfast and nice view from terrace and from our room. can really recommend this hostel - more a hotel.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Really nice place 2 stay! Very friendly staff :)

We definitely had great stay at Agora - big thank you to the whole staff!! Hope we can come back one day!

• 20th Mar 2014

깔끔하고 친절한직원들 루프탑에 있는테이블은 조식먹을때는 햇살이너무뜨거워서 좀 그렇지만 저녁에 맥주한잔하며 하루를마무리하기에는 좋은듯하다

• 18th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfasts! However the dorm room for 4 people has only two powerpoints - cue queues to charge cameras, phones etc! Also it would be great if each bed had an individual lamp; as it is, if someone is reading in bed the main light is kept on thus disturbing others' sleep. Although we each had lockers under the beds to store our belongings, it seemed a bit strange that there was no lock on the door of the room. Anyone could have wandered in during the day.

The staff were super helpful and friendly. The room was fine with clean sheets and lockers under the bunks. Hot showers and adequate power points. Roof top terrace was amazing! Great place to relax and have breakfast.

• 6th Mar 2014

Thank you for your kind words Ashlee :) We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you again!

Great experience. Very clean and confortable rooms. The staff was very curtious and professional.

• 31st Dec 2013

Excellent hostel, located in the heart of the tourist action. Best breakfast that I've had at a hostel, in a while.

Excellent hostel, very good breakfast. Location is fantastic. The staff are great.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

I had trouble sleeping many nights (blame the jet lag/time difference where I am from, new guests entering and leaving the room at night, my bed next to the wall next to the bathroom, and the lockers which were amusing and not silent at all) but I would still recommend this hostel to friends and look forward to returning. I liked the breakfast and the common room where everyone came together in the am. Too bad the room could not be open 24/7. The staff were wonderful as well. ThankYou4gr8time

Nice place to stay for sure!! No complaints at all, the Breakfast was amazing, bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen, The staff is helpful, the location would not be better and safer.