Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Location is perfect. The only complaint is that they don't allow people in dorm to wash and hang clothes, which is very inconvenience to budget travellers. The eight beds dorm is in the basement without window. I stay in the four beds dorm but it is a bit pricy.

Overall we had a great stay here! The staff was nice, the facilities were clean and the wifi worked awesome! The breakfast was also very good! This hostel is close to the blue mosque, hagia sofia and the metro station! The only negative I have is that I did not like the fact that the room door does not have a lock- there are lockers under the bunk beds to lock your stuff but no locks on the door coming into the room! Otherside we loved this hostel! Would stay here again!

Would definitely recommend. Fantastic experience.

Excellent location, huge (as in spacious) dormitories where you can lock all your stuff away and very clean. Staff are great, very helpful and with personality, which is always a plus! Great rooftop bar/breakfast area, very social and great place to relax. Within spitting distance of many of Istanbul's favourite sights!

Amazing hostel!! Best points the amazing view and the excelent breakfast!!

Great hostel. Staff were absolutely fantastic - lost my bank card one day and they let me use their phone for as long as needed. Very helpful and knowledgeable about sightseeing and the provided breakfast was one of the best I've had on my 4 month long trip. Highly recommend.

Good location, close to all the major attractions. Nice views to the Bosphorus. Staff very happy to help. Would highly recommend.

• 26th Jun 2013

The hostel has everything you need, is well located, clean sheets, rooms and bathrooms. It has no private bathroom at least the one I got. Staff was helpful and kind. Perfect place to stay !

• 24th Jun 2013

great stuff. very clean, perfect location and terrace. superb breakfast. thank you. will return.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Latvia

Staff fantastic vibe singing often so friendly. Food typical for Turkey good. Bathroom in lower area a bit of a problem with the shower head slipping off resulting in water flowing onto floor. Views from roof to die for. Locality for all the Mosques, Palace, Ferry, Tram all superb.

If you're looking to stay in Sultanahmet this is a wonderful choice. Staff speak great English and are friendly and helpful. Each dorm bed has a locker. The breakfast on the terrace is a perfect start to the day, sipping tea watching the ships wriggle through th Bosphorus.

I loved this place!! The staff was excellent! The breakfast was great! The location is awesome! I stayed in one of the private rooms and my bathroom looked brand new! But, it was just below the laptops they provided on the roof so I did hear a lot of chairs being pulled in and out... I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• 19th Jun 2013

I've stayed here already 3 times and I will also book it for my next trip to Istanbul. I love the the place and its atmosphere and the value for money is absolutely excellent! Definitely to be recommended to everyone!

Spotlessly clean but overpriced in my opinion. The atmosphere is not particularly lively. Given the excellent location it has a much greater potential.

Very nice, staff helpful and knowledgeable, good position, I would recommend this guest house.

- you should add more plugs in the dorms

The place is spotlessly clean. The staff extremely helpful. The lounge and top deck are neat places to hang out. It is just a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and the tram line. I could not have been more pleased with hostel type accommodation.

Great place to stay! Very clean, great breakfast and the roof top terrace has a magnificient view. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 26th May 2013

Fantastic hostel, amazing breakfast, super clean and the roof top views are just divine!

Very nice hostel, wonderful location! Just a short walk from Arasta Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia... Breakfast is included, so great value for money! And the view form their terrace is just sooo nice! Only thing that i didn't like very much is that there is only one bathroom (with 4 or 5 showers and 4 toilet cabins), so sometimes there were actually lines in the morning to use them! Kind of annoying... but I'd still recommend it!