Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Loved my stay at Agora. 5 min walk from key tourist sites, friendly 24hr staff to help with ANYTHING, very clean and modern facilities and best of all a beautiful roof top breakfast area with a wonderful selection to eat. Excellent place!

Rich breakfasts & cold evening beers on the roof my favorite Agora experiences - thanks again Agora for having me! Göran/Sweden

Had a very nice stay at Agora, the staff was very nice and the place seemed very clean. The breakfast was good and the location is very central to most tourist attractions. However, if you are looking to party, you might want to look elsewhere as the hostel seems to cater to other groups. If returning to Istanbul I would definitely check this place out again.

Nice hostel, nice staff. No major complaints.

Really clean, very good location, nice breakfast.

Hands down best hostel I have ever stayed in. Also the cleanest. Huge lockers in room. Manager is an excellent bloke and other staff are also helpful. One street back from a large amount of bars and restaurants. You can't ask for anything more in my opinion.

Lovely hostel, excellent roof, very good breakfast, nice facilities (laptops, guidebooks, safe, money changing, maps, airport transfer etc) Good showers, comfy beds. Only mild complaint was the 10 bed dorm was a bit minging as had no windows. Might be worth paying more for a smaller dorm room (presuming they have windows?) if you like fresh air... All in all - def. recommend!

The best hostel in Sultanahmet.

Spacious rooms and plenty of storage space for your backpack. Staff was very friendly, the whole place was very clean and had decent wifi connection. My favorite part of the day was always the breakfast buffet at the rooftop. What an amazing view! Also the hostel is located right behind a street with lots of restaurants and bars, which is perfect, because it is nice and quiet during the night, yet close to all the action. I will recommend this place to anyone that goes to Istanbul!

This guesthouse was terrific. It is very clean, the staff is fantastic, and the rooftop has a wonderful view. It is definitely the best place to stay in Sultanahmet.

The price is a bit expensive compared to other hostels but considering of the great location, very clean rooms and facilities and a nice staffs, it is a very good price. One minus thing that I would say is that they do not often accept credit card even though they have the machine.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Japan

This was simply one of the best hostel I have been to. The city is full of dynamicity, and this hostel provided me a like-home place for 10 nights. The place is being cleaned day and night, and it's really maintained well! I would definitely go back to Istanbul for another holiday, and to this hostel!

The Agora Hostel is a gem! Perfect location, friendly staff, great atmosphere. And the included breakfast is fantastic! I did feel the security was a little lax, as the door stays open 24/7 and there were no locks available for the storage boxes (partly my fault for not bringing one), but at least I was able to store my passport and valuables at the front desk. All in all a great experience.

As a traveller for more than 18 months and having a limited wardrobe - I was quite disappointed that When I asked to do my laundry in a bucket - I was flatly refused and told to go and use the laundromat. For the meager amount of items that needed washing - this was a joke. I left the hostel ( I had intended to stay at least another week) - with a little bad taste in my mouth for a place that prides itself on cleanliness and friendliness - . So this place was a clean dissapointment.

• 25th Jul 2013
  • South Africa

Rules are rules. We offered you a refund. You did not take it. We are not going to provide people buckets of water to wash their clothes. Nowhere we claim we offer laundry service.You are being very unreasonable. You did not take our refund offer. Acting hysterically and threatning us for bad reviews. We are a very flexible and helpfull. But manners and tones are so important. You are old enough to know and respect the rules of a hotel. We hope you book a hotel with laundry service next time!

Great location and amazing roof terrace!

Helpful people, good breakfast on the roof with a real good view

This is a fantastic hostel; staff are knowledgeable, everything is well maintained, and it's in a fantastic location. The roof top patio was one of our best experiences the entire time we were in Istanbul! Highly recommended.

wonderful staff! great location. very clean bathrooms! good air conditioning. secure lockers under beds. loved staying at this hostel!

Great place to stay in Sultanahmed. Good facilities, awesome staff, easy walk or ride to major attractions. Clean bathrooms, excellent view. Wifi was a bit slow a times. but overall an excellent stay.

Solid overall. Good facilities (rooms not too cramped, AC, good bathrooms, terrace, etc). Staff is pretty out of the picture so you're kind of on your own. The hostel is split up into 4 levels so a not ideal for interacting with other guests but the Terrace is ok for that. Nothing to complain about here, but if you are traveling alone the atmosphere leaves something to be desired.