Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I had trouble sleeping many nights (blame the jet lag/time difference where I am from, new guests entering and leaving the room at night, my bed next to the wall next to the bathroom, and the lockers which were amusing and not silent at all) but I would still recommend this hostel to friends and look forward to returning. I liked the breakfast and the common room where everyone came together in the am. Too bad the room could not be open 24/7. The staff were wonderful as well. ThankYou4gr8time

Nice place to stay for sure!! No complaints at all, the Breakfast was amazing, bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen, The staff is helpful, the location would not be better and safer.

One of the best hostels I ever stayed at. Agora has this homie feel with it's rooftop area and chill hangout room. Agora is not a party hostel but rather a place where you meet other people for a relaxed evening talking, listening to music or planning stuff for the next day. The location is fantastic with awesome views over the Old Town and the Sea of Marmaris. The staff is fun and very helpful. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Nice guesthouse! Good location: 5minutes walk from Sultanahmet tramvay staytion. Exellent breakfast buffet: cereal, bread, cheese, ham and fresh vegetables and fruits. And friendly staff, clean room and bathroom.

I arrived in early morning after a long haul flight, they let me check in right away so I could rest which was really, really thoughtful. the breakfast buffet was the best I had in Turkey. excellent location, beautiful view fr rooftop. some staff were more helpful than others

깨끗하고 친절하고 아침도 맛있고 커피도 좋았습니다. 유일한 단점?이라면 항상 일본인과 한국인이 75프로를 차지한다는것 정도랄까 ㅋ 아무튼 술탄아흐멧 지역에 도미에 머무를 계획이라면 추천합니다 Very very recommandable hostel in sultanahmet area!

I enjoyed the staff; they were helpful; reassuring when I needed it! I also enjoyed the young South Koreans with whom I shared a dorm.

Great roof deck, fast wi-fi and a really good breakfast. Excellent place to stay for a great price!

• 20th Sep 2013

Good enough! Their general recommendation of Turkish spa was not good though! And their airport service is not good as it left more than 45 minutes after schedual.

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

totally good

• 17th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

The hostel was excellent !!!! Very clean and food location especially staffs very kind and friendly. They gave me many information about Istanbul :)

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Japan

Loved my stay at Agora. 5 min walk from key tourist sites, friendly 24hr staff to help with ANYTHING, very clean and modern facilities and best of all a beautiful roof top breakfast area with a wonderful selection to eat. Excellent place!

Rich breakfasts & cold evening beers on the roof my favorite Agora experiences - thanks again Agora for having me! Göran/Sweden

Had a very nice stay at Agora, the staff was very nice and the place seemed very clean. The breakfast was good and the location is very central to most tourist attractions. However, if you are looking to party, you might want to look elsewhere as the hostel seems to cater to other groups. If returning to Istanbul I would definitely check this place out again.

Nice hostel, nice staff. No major complaints.

Really clean, very good location, nice breakfast.

Hands down best hostel I have ever stayed in. Also the cleanest. Huge lockers in room. Manager is an excellent bloke and other staff are also helpful. One street back from a large amount of bars and restaurants. You can't ask for anything more in my opinion.

Lovely hostel, excellent roof, very good breakfast, nice facilities (laptops, guidebooks, safe, money changing, maps, airport transfer etc) Good showers, comfy beds. Only mild complaint was the 10 bed dorm was a bit minging as had no windows. Might be worth paying more for a smaller dorm room (presuming they have windows?) if you like fresh air... All in all - def. recommend!

The best hostel in Sultanahmet.

Spacious rooms and plenty of storage space for your backpack. Staff was very friendly, the whole place was very clean and had decent wifi connection. My favorite part of the day was always the breakfast buffet at the rooftop. What an amazing view! Also the hostel is located right behind a street with lots of restaurants and bars, which is perfect, because it is nice and quiet during the night, yet close to all the action. I will recommend this place to anyone that goes to Istanbul!