Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel to be based in. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The view from the roof is excellent.

The hostel is very close to the main attractions of Sultanahmet. The staff is very helpful and the terrace where you have breakfast in the morning is amazing. On the downside, the shared bathroom is always crowded in the morning and evening, so you'll have to cue for the shower. I coudn't find out how to lock valuables in the room (the locker would not work even with my own lock), but maybe it's just me. Wi-fi worked fine, breakfast good (and they even made me a plate when I showed up late).

I am happy to stay at Agora for my last 4 days in Istanbul. I would like to thank all staffs at Agora, you are all very nice and helpful that make my vacation really have a happy ending. Thank you ! Sincerely, Thi Thanh Huong Tran

Very friendly staff. Great location. The cleanest hostel that I have ever been in. Beautiful terrace!

I loved my stay at the Agora, and would definately recommend it and stay there again

• 12th May 2013

A washroom on the ground level would be nıce. Staff should monıtor noıse levels of people out late. Staff could ınteract more wıth guests. Rooftop ıs great and overall ıt ıs a good place!

• 10th May 2013

I really liked staying here, it was clean and in a really good spot. The staff at the desk were very helpful. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Not that easy to meet people as it is a quieter hostel but a nice sanctuary away from busy Istanbul

Very helpful & welcoming staff. Beds & bathrooms nice & clean. Excellent breakfast. Very close to Blue Mosque and lots of bars around. Definitey recommend.

Agora offers a great alternative to regular hotels. We had a double bed ensuite with our own bathroom and it really felt like a hotel room. It was very clean, the staff even made the bed and cleaned our bathroom during our stay. There was a safe box in the room and plenty of space to unpack our backpack. Breakfast was good and was served on the rooftop where you can go enjoy their water pipe which was fairly priced. Location is very good but very touristy and restaurant are pricey

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse, recommend highly, great position, clean, excellent breakfast supplied. Loved the upstairs balcony and the wonderful view. Highly recommend. I am 50, female and stayed with my adult kids.

• 2nd May 2013

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Staffs were friendly, breakfast was delicious. I will stay here again if I have chance to go to Istanbul again.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Japan

After six months of travelling and hostelling in Europe and Asia, I can honestly say that Agora Hostel has the best showers and best free breakfast out there. Spacious showers with awesome pressure. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, various cereals, delicious bread, meats, eggs and other stuff - along with several different types of juice and coffee. AND the hostel has a rooftop terrace that provides a beautiful view of the nearby blue mosque. Stay here - you will love it!

Amazing location near monuments. Great view from terrace where breakfast is served. Rooms were neat, very comfortable alongwith very clean toilets

• 29th Apr 2013
  • India

This is my second time at Agora Guesthouse in a year, I found it excellent last august and even nicer a week ago ;) thank you guys for the stay, I'll be back soon :))

• 26th Apr 2013

Wonderful hostel! Fabulous location and view of the Bosphorus from the terrace. Great breakfast, friendly staff, and big clean rooms and washrooms. Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 25th Apr 2013

Excellent location nearby the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia. We stayed in one of their private doubles and loved it, and the rest of the place looked pleasant and clean as well. There's also a good breakfast included with a beautiful rooftop view over the bosphorus, but the highlight has to be the extremely helpful staff. They managed to handle our requests for changes on our reservations after we arrived, made great recommendations, kept our luggage in safety for some days and always with a smile!

• 25th Apr 2013
  • Portugal

the staff made my stay here! they were so helpful and had such a calming attitude, which helped offset the frenetic pace of the city itself. i really appreciated my short stay, the friendly smiles, relaxing breakfast atmosphere with views across the water and the quirky nature of the building itself. thank you Agora!! i'll be back

• 23rd Apr 2013

One of the best I've stayed in. Nice people (Dr. Kelso) and great atmosphere.

I stayed in a double room with my partner. Found it to be clean, comfortable, close to attractions. Recommend.

ITwo of us were travelling, booked this hostel after being at another one close by for two nights. This hostel was remarkable - so remarkable we stayed on for another 4 nights! It was very quiet and the breakfast alone is worth the money for the stay!