Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, really welcoming at reception, bed was super comfy, breakfast was delicious, it was a great place to stay for pretty good value. Highly recommend!

• 19th Apr 2013
  • Moldova
  • Male

Location is perfect. Room

The hostel was very pretty and for sure it's the cleaniest hostel I've ever been, the price is very good and the common areas are great. Staff was very polite.

Excellent breakfast and nice & clean place to stay

It was a very great stay. My brother and i went with our parents. We all felt confortable. Such a big pleashure we will come back again.

Best staff ever. Great showers.

Had a lovely time, I would definitely return. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• 6th Apr 2013
  • shote9200

The front desk guys are very helpful and kind. This is my second time staying here and this time was with my mother. She loved it as well. The terrace breakfast is excellent!!! The best part is it is on the top floor with big windows and if good weather you can sit outside. Its very quiet and VERY VERY clean which is very appreciated. The young guys who work there are also very respectful and nice.

The staff were really helpful and nice to talk to. We stayed in the hostel part of the hotel for one night and the guest house section of the hotel for 4 nights. The hostel room and bathrooms were really clean. It was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The guest house room was amazing. Our room and bed was clean and made up everyday. We received new towels and soap and shampoo. The rooms and hotel looked just like they did in the photos. Amazing free breakfast!

• 31st Mar 2013

We stayed 4 nights in a 10 bed dorm. The beds were comfy and there was large lockers for all our gear. Breakfast was delicious and plenty to eat. One of the staff members was friendly and helpful while the other not so much. A comfy place to stay in a central location.

Good place in a good city

Great value and location. Full, tasty breakfast with a great view of the sea from the roof deck. Friendly and helpful staff and very clean bathrooms/rooms. My only critiques: need some necessities in the rooms (i.e. individual lights, more elec. outlets, coat hooks, trash can). Highly recommended nevertheless!

super breakfast! super rooftop! super selfmade map!

/nice hostel at Istanbul close to Topkaki palace. the place has a nice view for the bosphorus and its a good place to be closer of the touristic places.

great location. friendly staff. clean and safe:)

• 24th Mar 2013
  • Japan

I had a very interesting conversation about Turkish history with the owner of the hostel. Everyone was very hospitable.

• 21st Mar 2013

I was traveling alone an the hostel was a nice place to meet some other traveler, very friendly and helpful staff and the roof terrace is amazing! I will definitely come back.

• 20th Mar 2013

Hands down the best staff and location for your stay in Istanbul. The owner is one of the finest gentlemen I've ever met. You can sense his sincere care and interest in your stay. It was a welcome haven for some of the chaotic elements of Istanbul

• 19th Mar 2013

The receptionist was very kind and nice! This hostel has a warm atmosphere just like a family. There is a lounge on the top. The view was really great. And breakfast was also fantastic. Also the location was closed to the blue mosque and araska bazar. Everything was perfect!!

Good location - off the the beaten track a bit, comfortable accomodations, helpful staff, neighborhood with a wide choice of restaurants and a few good shops and mini-marts. Usual number of rug merchants per Istanbul normal. Located in Sultenahment section - easy to get to. Easy walking distance to Istanbul sites.