Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

- you should add more plugs in the dorms

The place is spotlessly clean. The staff extremely helpful. The lounge and top deck are neat places to hang out. It is just a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and the tram line. I could not have been more pleased with hostel type accommodation.

Great place to stay! Very clean, great breakfast and the roof top terrace has a magnificient view. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 26th May 2013

Fantastic hostel, amazing breakfast, super clean and the roof top views are just divine!

Very nice hostel, wonderful location! Just a short walk from Arasta Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia... Breakfast is included, so great value for money! And the view form their terrace is just sooo nice! Only thing that i didn't like very much is that there is only one bathroom (with 4 or 5 showers and 4 toilet cabins), so sometimes there were actually lines in the morning to use them! Kind of annoying... but I'd still recommend it!

Great hostel to be based in. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The view from the roof is excellent.

The hostel is very close to the main attractions of Sultanahmet. The staff is very helpful and the terrace where you have breakfast in the morning is amazing. On the downside, the shared bathroom is always crowded in the morning and evening, so you'll have to cue for the shower. I coudn't find out how to lock valuables in the room (the locker would not work even with my own lock), but maybe it's just me. Wi-fi worked fine, breakfast good (and they even made me a plate when I showed up late).

I am happy to stay at Agora for my last 4 days in Istanbul. I would like to thank all staffs at Agora, you are all very nice and helpful that make my vacation really have a happy ending. Thank you ! Sincerely, Thi Thanh Huong Tran

Very friendly staff. Great location. The cleanest hostel that I have ever been in. Beautiful terrace!

I loved my stay at the Agora, and would definately recommend it and stay there again

• 12th May 2013

A washroom on the ground level would be nıce. Staff should monıtor noıse levels of people out late. Staff could ınteract more wıth guests. Rooftop ıs great and overall ıt ıs a good place!

• 10th May 2013

I really liked staying here, it was clean and in a really good spot. The staff at the desk were very helpful. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Not that easy to meet people as it is a quieter hostel but a nice sanctuary away from busy Istanbul

Very helpful & welcoming staff. Beds & bathrooms nice & clean. Excellent breakfast. Very close to Blue Mosque and lots of bars around. Definitey recommend.

Agora offers a great alternative to regular hotels. We had a double bed ensuite with our own bathroom and it really felt like a hotel room. It was very clean, the staff even made the bed and cleaned our bathroom during our stay. There was a safe box in the room and plenty of space to unpack our backpack. Breakfast was good and was served on the rooftop where you can go enjoy their water pipe which was fairly priced. Location is very good but very touristy and restaurant are pricey

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse, recommend highly, great position, clean, excellent breakfast supplied. Loved the upstairs balcony and the wonderful view. Highly recommend. I am 50, female and stayed with my adult kids.

• 2nd May 2013

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed. Staffs were friendly, breakfast was delicious. I will stay here again if I have chance to go to Istanbul again.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Japan

After six months of travelling and hostelling in Europe and Asia, I can honestly say that Agora Hostel has the best showers and best free breakfast out there. Spacious showers with awesome pressure. Breakfast includes fresh fruit, various cereals, delicious bread, meats, eggs and other stuff - along with several different types of juice and coffee. AND the hostel has a rooftop terrace that provides a beautiful view of the nearby blue mosque. Stay here - you will love it!

Amazing location near monuments. Great view from terrace where breakfast is served. Rooms were neat, very comfortable alongwith very clean toilets

• 29th Apr 2013
  • India

This is my second time at Agora Guesthouse in a year, I found it excellent last august and even nicer a week ago ;) thank you guys for the stay, I'll be back soon :))

• 26th Apr 2013

Wonderful hostel! Fabulous location and view of the Bosphorus from the terrace. Great breakfast, friendly staff, and big clean rooms and washrooms. Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 25th Apr 2013