Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel has everything you need, is well located, clean sheets, rooms and bathrooms. It has no private bathroom at least the one I got. Staff was helpful and kind. Perfect place to stay !

• 24th Jun 2013

great stuff. very clean, perfect location and terrace. superb breakfast. thank you. will return.

• 22nd Jun 2013
  • Latvia

Staff fantastic vibe singing often so friendly. Food typical for Turkey good. Bathroom in lower area a bit of a problem with the shower head slipping off resulting in water flowing onto floor. Views from roof to die for. Locality for all the Mosques, Palace, Ferry, Tram all superb.

If you're looking to stay in Sultanahmet this is a wonderful choice. Staff speak great English and are friendly and helpful. Each dorm bed has a locker. The breakfast on the terrace is a perfect start to the day, sipping tea watching the ships wriggle through th Bosphorus.

I loved this place!! The staff was excellent! The breakfast was great! The location is awesome! I stayed in one of the private rooms and my bathroom looked brand new! But, it was just below the laptops they provided on the roof so I did hear a lot of chairs being pulled in and out... I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• 19th Jun 2013

I've stayed here already 3 times and I will also book it for my next trip to Istanbul. I love the the place and its atmosphere and the value for money is absolutely excellent! Definitely to be recommended to everyone!

Spotlessly clean but overpriced in my opinion. The atmosphere is not particularly lively. Given the excellent location it has a much greater potential.

Very nice, staff helpful and knowledgeable, good position, I would recommend this guest house.

- you should add more plugs in the dorms

The place is spotlessly clean. The staff extremely helpful. The lounge and top deck are neat places to hang out. It is just a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and the tram line. I could not have been more pleased with hostel type accommodation.

Great place to stay! Very clean, great breakfast and the roof top terrace has a magnificient view. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 26th May 2013

Fantastic hostel, amazing breakfast, super clean and the roof top views are just divine!

Very nice hostel, wonderful location! Just a short walk from Arasta Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia... Breakfast is included, so great value for money! And the view form their terrace is just sooo nice! Only thing that i didn't like very much is that there is only one bathroom (with 4 or 5 showers and 4 toilet cabins), so sometimes there were actually lines in the morning to use them! Kind of annoying... but I'd still recommend it!

Great hostel to be based in. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The view from the roof is excellent.

The hostel is very close to the main attractions of Sultanahmet. The staff is very helpful and the terrace where you have breakfast in the morning is amazing. On the downside, the shared bathroom is always crowded in the morning and evening, so you'll have to cue for the shower. I coudn't find out how to lock valuables in the room (the locker would not work even with my own lock), but maybe it's just me. Wi-fi worked fine, breakfast good (and they even made me a plate when I showed up late).

I am happy to stay at Agora for my last 4 days in Istanbul. I would like to thank all staffs at Agora, you are all very nice and helpful that make my vacation really have a happy ending. Thank you ! Sincerely, Thi Thanh Huong Tran

Very friendly staff. Great location. The cleanest hostel that I have ever been in. Beautiful terrace!

I loved my stay at the Agora, and would definately recommend it and stay there again

• 12th May 2013

A washroom on the ground level would be nıce. Staff should monıtor noıse levels of people out late. Staff could ınteract more wıth guests. Rooftop ıs great and overall ıt ıs a good place!

• 10th May 2013

I really liked staying here, it was clean and in a really good spot. The staff at the desk were very helpful. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Not that easy to meet people as it is a quieter hostel but a nice sanctuary away from busy Istanbul