Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

A nice hostel near the historical sites of Sultanahmet. The staff speak English, and are generally speaking very helpful. The dorm I stayed in was comfortable and cool, and the rooftop terrace and breakfast buffet are both great bonuses. The place seems to attract plenty of travelers from Korea and Japan, which can be either a good or a bad thing depending on your preferences. Apart from some issues with the toilets, nothing negative to say; would recommend!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Welcoming, helpful staff. Clean hostel with a great set - up, particularly the rooftop area. Excellent breakfast.

High valued hostel. Perfect breakfast, clean linen, and good location. Be informed that the cheapest dormitory is located in the basement. The shower is not so clean, but still okay.

Super friendly staff, totally clean areas, the best roof top sight, amazing breakfast plenty of delicious options. Excellent location. I loved ISTANBUL because Agora hostel let me enjoy it. Thank you. I ll back just to stay there.

Oh thank you very much for your lovely comments :) There is no better feeling than receiving such nice complements :) We enjoyed your company as well...Hope to see you again! Have a wonderful summer :))) The Agora Team

Excellent hostel in Istambul. Bob from the staff is super friendly and helpful, he gave us many tips on what to do and where to go. You can bring inside your own drinks to a very cool terrace which is awesome! The facilities are very good and the hostel is super clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Istambul.

Good breakfast, good wifi, great humour from Boss Steve, handy for everywhere. Lots of hotwater. Only minus - with all the Asians staying there - a sun shade is needed for the balcony eating areas as some mornings there was no room inside to eat until the crowd had thinned out.

Nice location, clean rooms (a bit hot since the air conditioning has broken), nice breakfast with homemade options, an excellent staff. I strongly recommend this place.

Great location, just a few steps away from the blue mosque... restaurants around the corner. Breakfast was very good too. Bed was comfortable in a 8 bed room. Lacks of a "hostel atmosphere" but you may meet some people in the terrase. Overall I would recomend it.

We love this place. Stayed there on two occasions for three nights each time. Great location in Sultanhamet just minutes from Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The terrace has great views of the Bosphorus and Sea of Mamara. Agora has both private rooms and hostel dorm rooms. The private room we stayed in was generous in size, comfortable beds, good AC, and nice bathroom. Breakfast on the terrace was an excellent buffet. Good wifi. Bob and the rest of staff were friendly, funny and helpful. The place.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a real pleasure meeting your family :) Reading these nice comments is what keeps us alive :) Thank you for going along with my thousand jokes thrown at you each morning and night :) We are glad to hear you had a nice visit. Have a great summer...What a pleasant family! Best Regards from Sultanahmet... On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Thanks for a great stay! :)

• 21st Jun 2014

Amazing staff, went above and beyond to help. Facilities were exceptionally clean. Great place to stay.

I thought this was a fair hostel overall. Centrally located within a 2-3 minute walk to Sultanahmet and all the big sites. Delightful and helpful staff. The only thing I thought it was lacking was some atmosphere. Despite a cool rooftop bar, as a much as I hate to say it, there were lots of antisocial asians on their computers. Perhaps this was just the time I went, but apart of that, would recommend!

Well the manager Vahap, and the other two gentlemen in front desk were excellent. Reiko the Japnese lady was excellent in the kitchen and she and her team would make a wonderful breakfast for us to fortify us for the whole day ahead. I wish all of them the very best. I dont know everybodys names so please excuse me.

Dear friend, It was good to see you yet one more time :) (We stopped counting how many times you came back to Agora!) We are glad we met your needs with our changing staff. We wish you a great summer. Until next time, all the best from the entire Agora Team. Vahap Sumer _Property manager_

Great location, abundant breakfast, nice staff. Awesome terrace on the top, you can see the Asian part of the town. Need to put reading reading light in the rooms.

Thank you very much for your time rating us :) It was a pleasure meeting you! We promise the reading lights are on our to do list. We bought a few reading lights that can attach the beds as temporary solution. Hope to see you again on your next Istanbul trip :) On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

My most concern anywhere I stay is cleanliness. I think Agora Hostel does a great job in keeping the place clean and safe.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

It was a real pleasure meeting you. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you can plan a longer trip to Istanbul next time. Have a great summer! On behalf of Agora Guesthouse team we thank you once again for your kind words :) Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Poor layout of the hostel, there is only a token common area on the ground floor and the layout and having a roof terrace is a detour which does not make it a central place to meet other travelers. As a result the hostel has a poor atmosphere. The facilities are good and the breakfast is very good.

トラムの駅、アヤソフィア、ブルーモスクから近いので観光にとても便利。ホテルのテラスからの眺めがとてもいい!とても快適に過ごせました。

Great place to stay!!

We appreciate your time to give us feedback. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay. Hope to see you again in the future for a second trip :) Have a great summer! -property manager Vahap Sumer-

ゴールデンウィーク中に、女性専用ドミトリーに宿泊しました。 トイレもシャワー室も、常に清潔にされていて、気持ち良く使用することができました。シャワーは熱いお湯がたっぷり使えて、幸せでした。他のゲストハウスでは、ちょろちょろとぬるいお湯しかでないところもあったので。。 また、朝食がとってーーも美味しかったです!アゴラの他、3箇所別のゲストハウスに宿泊しましたが、ここの朝食が一番美味しかったです。(^^) また、スタッフさんも親切でフレンドリーです。片言の日本語で一生懸命話かけてくれます。 何よりも、日本人ボランティアスタッフのともみさんが、とても素敵な方です。初対面にも関わらず、親切に色々相談にのって下さいます。また、ともみさんの地図は、情報満載で、とても役立ちます! 初めてのイスタンブール、アゴラゲストハウスを選んで本当に良かったです。(^o^)

• 1st May 2014
  • Japan

staff are the best and so helpful, very clean

We would like to thank you for your kind words :) It means a lot to receive fe3edback on what we try to do 365 days 25 hours a day :) We are glad you had a great time during your Istanbul visit. Hope to see you again! -property manager Vahap Sumer-

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7