Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I loved EVERYTHING about Agora. The staff were SO helpful, it is conveniently near the blue mosque and walking distance from the spice market, grand bazaar, and it's near a tram stop, so you can take that anywhere. The rooms were spacious, huge lockers, the staff gave us hand drawn maps with recommendations which were great. The breakfast was the best I've ever had at any hostel and the terrace is gorgeous and has a great view. This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Istanbul!!

We appreciate your nice comments :) We enjoyed your company as well. It was a pleasure meeting you! Have a great summer, hope to see you again... On behalf of all Agora team, once again thank you for taking your time to rate us :) Vahap (Bob Kelso) @front desk

I stayed with my friends at Agora House for 4 nights. The room was small but cozy and the facilities were great. It has a lovely terrace for breakfast and tea. Breakfast was better than an average hostel and had some variety everyday with homemade cakes. Staff was helpful borrowing a phone charger to one of us and Tony (night shift staff) was excellent and extremely helpful trying to change our flight by calling Turkish airlines for a while. Thank you so much for your help Tony!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a great time hanging out with the manager on the rooftop terrace, drinking wine, watching ships cruise the Bosporus. the breakfast is fantastic.

• 12th Apr 2015

Thank you for your feedback :) It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope you can make it back to Istanbul again. Have a great summer! Bob Kelso @ Agora Guesthouse

Great place!

I spent my vacacion there during Easter and had a great time. Thanks for the good service! Thanks for the special deal on 6/04.

The staff are very friendly, hospitality and really helpful. It has located very near to attractions tourist and sightseeing places like Topkapi palace, Blue mosque, Hagia sophia.You can go every where by walking or tram. I recommend you staying in this Hostel.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Hi there :) It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. Hope to see you again! Thank you for the review :) Have a great summer. Vahap @ frontdesk

아고라호스텔! 짱이에요!!!@-@ 남미에서 터키로 급하게 오게 되어서 아무런 정보도 없이 이스탄불로 왔습니다.. 하지만 아고라 게스트하우스에서 친절한 직원분들의 도움과 조언에 이스탄불에서 재밌는 여행을 할 수 있었습니다. 로비나 화장실은 항상 깨끗하구 조식은 소문대로 다양한 종류와 홈메이드 요리까지! 아침마다 뷔폐로 맛있는 밥들 엄청 먹었습니당!!ㅋㅋ 한국어, 일본어, 영어, 터키어 까지! 직원분들이 다양한 언어를 구사하실 수 있으니 큰 도움이 될겁니다. 강력추천이용!!!!@-@ㅎ

• 11th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

The staff was great! They were very helpful, nice, attentive, and sweet. The room (I stayed in a room alone) was great. Very clean, spacious... perfect layout, with closet for space, desk, tv(which did not work although that was not a problem, i only wanted it for background noise while getting ready). Place is beautiful, with a great roof top terrace and beautiful views! Walking distance to Restaurants, Bazaars, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and everything else. I will for sure go back!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. I was traveling alone and felt safe and comfortable here. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is awesome! The location is good for the big sights. It's a bit of a walk to get across the bridge but still fine. I would definitely stay here again.

Very nice hostel located at historic part of Istanbul. Walking distance to Sultanahmet mosque, blue mosque, basilica cistern etc. Staff is very helpful, kind and friendly. Breakfast offers delicious traditional Turkish foods as a great start to your day. It's very clean hostel like bathroom and room itself with wifi access at each floor. Highly recommended.

This hotel is the best hotel in turkey! Breakfast is fantastic. I can't forget it!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

We are glad to hear your nice comments :) Hope to see you again soon! We enjoyed your company too, pleasure meeting you :) Vahap @ front desk

Staffs are very kind and the breakfast is very nice!!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

We would like to thank you for your nice comments :) It was nice meeting you, glad you enjoyed your stay with us :) Vahap @ front desk

The hostel is in a great location (if a little touristy), making it easy to see many of the big sites. Met great people there,and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was very happy with the breakfast, too. Overall, I'd highly recommend it.

We appreciate your nice comments and for taking the time to give us a rating :) We are glad see you really enjoyed your stay. You are right about our location being a little too touristy but then again we are painfully close to all main attractions :) Hope to see you again :) Vahap @ front desk

친구와 배낭여행을하고있는 한국여성입니다 첫날 터키에도착해 숙소를 찾아헤매다 우연히 아고라호스텔을 들어갔어요 어두워져서 그냥 묵기로했죠 가격도 괜찮았고요 저희는 혼성도미토리에서묵었는데 따뜻하고 잠자리도 편했습니다 담요가 거친것만 빼면요 다행히 침낭덕에 까슬함은 면했어요 샤워장과 화장실도 여러개여서 불편함 없습니다 따뜻한물이 시간상관없이 잘나왔고 수압도좋았어요 다음날 먹은 조식은 뷔페형식이라 원하는만큼 먹을수있고 일본친구 reiko가만든 쿠키와 빵은 정말정말 맛있어요 지금 여행한지 한달정도 지났는데 그 사이 아고라를 3번 다시 찾았습니다 크리스마스시즌에는 가격이 오르긴했지만 어디든 그럴테니까요 친절하고 장난기넘치는 스텝친구들덕에 편하게 내집처럼 쉬다갑니다 단 저희가 묵은 지하도미토리는 와이파이가 좀 느렸습니다 카운터를 책임지는 오르한도 최선을 다해 도움줄거예요 편하게 다가가세요 다른 호스텔에도 많이 묵어봤지만 장사한다는 느낌이 없어서 좋습니다 여러분들도 흥터지는 여행 하길바라요^^

• 7th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at throughout the world. Most attractive point is the view from rooftop. Totally recommend this hostel. A high level hostel, everything is just perfect, there is nothing I could complain about, the location, the stuff, the breakfast, everything can´t be better, it´s just great. PS: REMEMBER THIS NAME - Orhan Guler (nick named: Jo) The best guy that you would, should and could meet and know in Turkey... and he works in this hostel!!! =o)))

• 26th Dec 2014

イスタンブール観光の中心地に立地し、とても清潔で快適なホテルでした。受付の方もすごくフレンドリーで、なによりここは朝食が最高でした!ビュッフェ形式で種類も豊富だし、味もめちゃめちゃ良かったです!イスタンブールを訪れたときは是非また泊まりたいと思います。

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Very clean and EZ to go some famous place like Mosque. Breakfast is also good and a lot of variety so u will be satisfied. Most attractive point is the view from rooftop, u can see beautiful sunrise.

• 21st Dec 2014