Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

A nice hostel near the historical sites of Sultanahmet. The staff speak English, and are generally speaking very helpful. The dorm I stayed in was comfortable and cool, and the rooftop terrace and breakfast buffet are both great bonuses. The place seems to attract plenty of travelers from Korea and Japan, which can be either a good or a bad thing depending on your preferences. Apart from some issues with the toilets, nothing negative to say; would recommend!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Finland

Welcoming, helpful staff. Clean hostel with a great set - up, particularly the rooftop area. Excellent breakfast.

清潔感のある洗面所、毎朝の食事、立地、全てが完璧でした。 このホステルは本当におすすめです。 日本人女性が滞在しており、日本語で書かれた周辺の地図を始め、サポートをしてくれます。

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Japan

イスタンブールで3日お世話になりました。イスタンブールの目玉の観光スポットの目と鼻の先という立地、清潔な館内、解放的なテラスからの見晴らし、温かいスタッフの元で、快適に過ごさせて頂きました。日本人の旅行者も多く集まり退屈しないし、情報交換もできるので、一人旅の旅行者にも何かと便が良かったです。 特にスタッフの方には大変お世話になり、多少我が儘な注文をしてしまったかもしれませんが、非常に温かな対応をして頂き、このアゴラゲストハウスのホスピタリティの高さを感じました。 難を挙げるとすれば、宿代が高い(大都市なので仕方がないかもしれませんが…)、シャワールームが地下にあるので少しジメジメしていたところです。 ただ、十二分に滞在する価値のあるゲストハウスだと思います。またイスタンブールに行く際は、利用させて頂きたいです。

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Japan

A localização é fantástica! As camas são super confortáveis! Não há cozinha para fazer nada mas o café da manhã é bom e os banheiros tb são ótimos! Hostel com ar-condicionado e internet excelente em todos os andares e dentro do quarto

High valued hostel. Perfect breakfast, clean linen, and good location. Be informed that the cheapest dormitory is located in the basement. The shower is not so clean, but still okay.

Super friendly staff, totally clean areas, the best roof top sight, amazing breakfast plenty of delicious options. Excellent location. I loved ISTANBUL because Agora hostel let me enjoy it. Thank you. I ll back just to stay there.

Oh thank you very much for your lovely comments :) There is no better feeling than receiving such nice complements :) We enjoyed your company as well...Hope to see you again! Have a wonderful summer :))) The Agora Team

Excellent hostel in Istambul. Bob from the staff is super friendly and helpful, he gave us many tips on what to do and where to go. You can bring inside your own drinks to a very cool terrace which is awesome! The facilities are very good and the hostel is super clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Istambul.

Good breakfast, good wifi, great humour from Boss Steve, handy for everywhere. Lots of hotwater. Only minus - with all the Asians staying there - a sun shade is needed for the balcony eating areas as some mornings there was no room inside to eat until the crowd had thinned out.

Nice location, clean rooms (a bit hot since the air conditioning has broken), nice breakfast with homemade options, an excellent staff. I strongly recommend this place.

Great location, just a few steps away from the blue mosque... restaurants around the corner. Breakfast was very good too. Bed was comfortable in a 8 bed room. Lacks of a "hostel atmosphere" but you may meet some people in the terrase. Overall I would recomend it.

Estuve 3 días en el Agora Guesthouse y la pasé muy bien, es uno de los mejores hostales en los que he estado. Principalmente por su personal, pero sin olvidar la comodidad de las habitaciones y baños, la limpieza, el aire acondicionado, el desayuno. Además volví una semana después por Estambul y me permitieron dejar la valija en el hostel durante el día sin problemas. 100% recomendable!

We love this place. Stayed there on two occasions for three nights each time. Great location in Sultanhamet just minutes from Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The terrace has great views of the Bosphorus and Sea of Mamara. Agora has both private rooms and hostel dorm rooms. The private room we stayed in was generous in size, comfortable beds, good AC, and nice bathroom. Breakfast on the terrace was an excellent buffet. Good wifi. Bob and the rest of staff were friendly, funny and helpful. The place.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a real pleasure meeting your family :) Reading these nice comments is what keeps us alive :) Thank you for going along with my thousand jokes thrown at you each morning and night :) We are glad to hear you had a nice visit. Have a great summer...What a pleasant family! Best Regards from Sultanahmet... On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Thanks for a great stay! :)

• 21st Jun 2014

Amazing staff, went above and beyond to help. Facilities were exceptionally clean. Great place to stay.

I thought this was a fair hostel overall. Centrally located within a 2-3 minute walk to Sultanahmet and all the big sites. Delightful and helpful staff. The only thing I thought it was lacking was some atmosphere. Despite a cool rooftop bar, as a much as I hate to say it, there were lots of antisocial asians on their computers. Perhaps this was just the time I went, but apart of that, would recommend!

Well the manager Vahap, and the other two gentlemen in front desk were excellent. Reiko the Japnese lady was excellent in the kitchen and she and her team would make a wonderful breakfast for us to fortify us for the whole day ahead. I wish all of them the very best. I dont know everybodys names so please excuse me.

Dear friend, It was good to see you yet one more time :) (We stopped counting how many times you came back to Agora!) We are glad we met your needs with our changing staff. We wish you a great summer. Until next time, all the best from the entire Agora Team. Vahap Sumer _Property manager_

Great location, abundant breakfast, nice staff. Awesome terrace on the top, you can see the Asian part of the town. Need to put reading reading light in the rooms.

Thank you very much for your time rating us :) It was a pleasure meeting you! We promise the reading lights are on our to do list. We bought a few reading lights that can attach the beds as temporary solution. Hope to see you again on your next Istanbul trip :) On behalf of the Agora Team once again we would like to thank you for your feedback! Vahap Sumer Property manager.

My most concern anywhere I stay is cleanliness. I think Agora Hostel does a great job in keeping the place clean and safe.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

It was a real pleasure meeting you. We appreciate your feedback. We hope you can plan a longer trip to Istanbul next time. Have a great summer! On behalf of Agora Guesthouse team we thank you once again for your kind words :) Vahap Sumer Property manager.

Poor layout of the hostel, there is only a token common area on the ground floor and the layout and having a roof terrace is a detour which does not make it a central place to meet other travelers. As a result the hostel has a poor atmosphere. The facilities are good and the breakfast is very good.