Agora Hostel and Guesthouse Reviews

Akbiyik cad (street) Amiral Tafdil sk. no.6, Sultanahmet / Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

This is not a social hostel. If you are looking for more of a hotel experience, but with shared dorms and hostel prices, you'll be very happy here. Very clean, comfortable, amazing breakfast, helpful staff....really a nice place. But there was pretty much no one there, no bar, no socializing at all. So depends on what you're looking for, also probably depends on the season (maybe there is more atmosphere in high season), but it was a nice place.

This place has a charming dining area that gives you the view of Bosphorus. It was off season during my stay but this place can be quite lively in different months, I imagine. Mind you, Sultanahmet has no night life.

Nice staff, good location and great breakfast. Wifi was decent throughout. Plugs by the bed would be a good addition.

위치, 테라스 좋고 직원들 모두 친절! 한국인 일본인 손님이 많아 부담없고 조용하게 쉴 수 있는곳.

Bob the manager was great, as well as Teddy. Showed up on a bike and found a great place to store it. Hostel very clean and relaxed - if anything can be too quiet if I was looking for more than to relax. Bob was really funny and looked after everyone.

Very good place to stay in Istanbul. Close to the main attractions and very nice staff. Would recommend it.

Very good guest house. Excellent location, just 2 minutes walk to Blue mosque and Aya Sophia. Very convenient. Beautiful view from the roof top. Very friendly staff. Would recommend for sure

Mate, these guys are super cool! If you need anything, just f.cking tell them and get impressed right after! Do you need water? They can bring ocean to Mars for you! Do you need to reach someone? They can rent a satellite for you! Did you get sick? They can quickly enroll to medical school for you! Do you want to listen music? They can resurrect Elvis Presley for you!! True story!

Exceptionally good value for money. Well located guesthouse, extremely clean, brilliant roof terrace and a delicious breakfast. Reception staff were mostly excellent during the week, but during the weekend/nights they were not as friendly or helpful. We stayed in a private room and it was roomy, well equipped and spotless. Still, I would strongly recommend Agora Hostel and Guesthouse anyone looking to stay in Sultanahmet for a reasonable cost.

도미토리는 매우 깨끗하다고 하던데 저희는 더블룸에 머물럿는데요. 청소상태가 너무 더러워서 힘들었어요 ㅜㅜ 먼지나 머리카락 청소를 하나도 안해주고 샤워부스는 배수가 안되구요 ㅜㅜ드라이기에도 먼지가득앉아잇는데 작동안되요 ㅎㅎ. 조식과 위치는 매우 좋습니다.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for everything you did for me. Im Jihye. I stayed your guest house on 26 Aug. even i stayed very short i had wonderful time. Especially Jo. Thank you sooooooo much!! I made few of mistakes but you helped me so kindly and forgived me.. i appreciate that. thanks to you Turkey was the best memory of my life. thank you, thank you so much!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

This was a great and peaceful hostel in a superb location - it was right near the main plaza of the old city, built right near the ruins of the old Byzantine palace. Not a party hostel - if you want a peaceful and chilled out experience I would definitely recommend a stay here - the breakfast is good, and you can sit on the terrace roof and look out across the sea every morning! I could come and go as I pleased. The staff were very very very helpful! Thanks team!

I stayed in Agora for one night on my overnight lay over on my way to Italy and another night on another lay over on my way back. On my first night, I missed my tour . Orhan from Agora's front desk helped me reschedule the tour I missed to my second night. He also helped me book a Bosphorus Dinner Cruise at the last minute. Overall, my experience with Agora has been pleasant. I will definitely be recommending and staying there again if I go again to Istanbul

とても居心地が良いホテルでした。 屋上のテラスからみえる景色は最高ですし、スタッフは親切だし、朝食は美味しいし。 飛行機の時間が早くて朝食食べられないので、サンドイッチを作ってくださいました。本当に助かりました。 清潔にしてあるし、ドミトリーといっても広い部屋なので、あまり気は使いません。 立地も最高です。 いろんな旅人と交流できて、旅も一段と楽しくなりました。

The staff at Agora were incredibly welcoming, friendly and helpful! I really enjoyed my stay at Agora.