Agora Hostel Reviews

Piazza Curro, 6, Catania, Italy

I should say that I was in the bedroom upper the restaurant and actually it is very very noisy the night. That's a bad point if you can't sleep with noise.

• 28th Aug 2014

They need to clean up more and better the restrooms!!!!!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The hostel was very charming and the bar next to it had great drinks. It was perfect to meet people.

Worst place I've ever slept. Noise, hot, dirty... Location is the only good thing.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Spain

It was a terrible experience to stay there. The staff were ok and answered our questions patiently but that couldn't make up for the fact that the bar next door plays music all night until at least two am! It's impossible to sleep before the crowd and music faded away. And I think their facilities are poorly maintained and unclean. Disappointed! Worst hostel in Italy!

Need to have a mop in the bathroom or wooden slats to stand on.

The square is really noisy at night, especially on Monday that every youngster in the town come and gather in the square. The room is quite hot and the wifi is weak. Although it is situated in the center of the city that you could reach everything on foot but would not recommend people to stay, except you enjoy the party beside the hostel

Great place. Lockers for every bed, clean showers, big kitchen, cheap laundry. There is a bar/restaurant next door that provides great food and great atmosphere at night, so much fun. The staff are really helpful.

My friend and I stayed in a private bedroom for two but found that we were better off staying in a shared room as it was very tiny with barely enough space to move around. The toilets also have no seats.

I just recommend not saying in Catania all together. I'm from a Sicilian heritage and I recommend you stay in places like Messina or Taormina it's just easier to get to the other island and see amazing water. Overall the place was good. The wifi only works in the common area and the staff are not that great of help when asking hie to get somewhere.

• 21st Jul 2014

It's true it is loud, even on a Monday and Tuesday night (especially Monday) but if you ask at reception they do have ear plugs. It was quite hot in the rooms but there was at least a fan. Ours was broken and the guy at reception got us a new one, he was great! The floors are really dirty so wear thongs in your rooms and take your own lock for the lockers. It really wasn't a bad stay, just pick a bed near the fan and wear ear plugs!

I would stay here again if I ever went back to Catania, don't think the city had too much to offer though.

We had a great stay at the hostel. The restaurant is really nice and a lot of locals go there for a drink late at night! When you step out of the hostel in the morning, you are at the Local market what is really Nice. All kind of fresh food. We stayed for 4 nights and really liked it.

• 15th Jul 2014

Very Nice hostel in Catania. Perfect to meet other people. And the Agora Bar right next to it is awesome =)

Great location, but there is no breakfast included like there is written on hostelworld. Restaurant below the hostel is great - atmosphere is unique and the food very tasty.

Wifi is shut off from 2 to 7 am. So it's a pain in the ass to deal with that because you come back late from being out that night usually and need wifi like I did at that time.

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Ok common areas, but missing the best vibe. There's a bar next door where people are supposed to go, which is a decent place. Bathroom facilities were not the best, would expect international standard toilets for a hostel this size (only the standard Italian no-seat versions). Reasonable hostel very well located, walking distance to most of the city centre. Be advised though that the bar downstairs can be quite noisy. Also no AC, can get quite hot at night.

This is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at. My flight was delayed 12 hours (and then another 2 after that) and when I told them I would be late checking in, they responded very quickly with an email that said no worries, and the staff was awesome when my friend and I finally did make it. We asked for help with Etna tours and places to eat, where to go, all of which was provided without question. Rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were too. I just wish they had hooks for towels.

• 20th Jun 2014

I liked Agora, they have a good bar next door with deals for guests on food and drinks. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I thought was strange is you cannot lock doors to the rooms so anyone could come in although you get lockers for your things.

Very good location, friendly staff. I arrive late and they helped me and gave me information. Catania, Siracusa and Palermo are cities with hostels accommodation.