Agora Hostel Reviews

Piazza Curro, 6, Catania, Italy

Very nice hostel with excellent atmosphere and location.

Not so easy to find from Catania centrale, but location almost in Plaza Duomo

The greatest advantage of Agora Hostel, beyond its location, is the atmosphere. The staff was incredibly nice and natural. Moreover, cleanliness and general conditions were much better than expected. Highly recommended.

Amazing location and really cool bar

The hostel staff was very kind and friendly. Their bar is one of the most popular in Catania. Its only a short 5 minute walk to the heart of the city. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Catania, its good value for your money. But if you're not in Catania to party and have a good time you may have trouble going to sleep early as the hostel bar closes pretty late at night, but that was no problem for me.

Located on the best place of Sicily, the bar next to the hostel is probably THE spot to be on any day of the week. The staff is extremely helpful and exceeded my expectations. Thanks for making my stay the best!

The place was disgusting, the bathroom was awful, cold water on the last day, stains everywhere, bad smells. I felt dirtier after showering. I even kept my flip flops on to get into ghe shower. The place would be bearable for one night if you have nowhere else to go, but that's it. It is hot as hell in the dorm, and the fans are not working properly. The staff was ok. I've been to many hostels and this one is the worst. It's not expensive at all, but for the same price you can get way better!

Very nice stay. The bar closed to the hostel is pefect for the evening (nice music !)

This hostel was decent for the price, but the bathrooms were always dirty and the rooms were stifling hot all the time with only one fan for 8 people. The restaurant/bar was nice and convenient because it's right next door to the hostel and you get a discount. That's the main draw for this hostel because the actual rooms are miserable with the heat. Everyone in our room avoided going to sleep until the last possible moment to avoid the heat for as long as possible.

Very close to city center and is next to a nice bar very crowded. The only problem is that we've had our food stolen form the fridge.

We enjoyed many things about this hostel- the friendly and helpful staff, the location, and the attached restaurant (great music, atmosphere, and even the locals hang out there!) The downside was staying in the room during summertime without air conditioning. It was horribly hot at night, and we were not able to open the window because our room was on the ground floor, with noise coming from the street and restaurant. Would stay here again, but not in summertime.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The staff was great, but too noise and too hot

Very nice place, helpfull staff and great atmoshpere. We enjoyed our stay in Catania.

Nice hostel in a central location. Everything was clean. The restaurant downstairs turns into a bar which is great for atmosphere but bad for sleep. WiFi was fine in the room and spotty on the lobby. I thought it could be more secure but it wasn't too bad. Would recommend.

Alessandro who works at the desk in the evenings is absolutely fabulous and I would recommend this hostel to anyone because of him. He is so helpful and will assist you with any travel assistance/recommendations you require. He goes above and beyond the normal hostel staff you find on the road, even among his own peers at this hostel!

The room was supposed to be 8 person but there was another room inside it so the people staying g there had to cross through our room in order to get in and out. There was no key for the room so anyone could go in. I liked that the bathrooms were separated for men and women and the bar outside was nice.

Good hostel, nice and helpful staff, nice to have a kitchen, and there's a market next door - made some great meal and spent less than a restaurant meal :)! (Breakfast's nothing, go to market and cafe bar- so good &cheap!) The beds are not great and it is noisy with bar and train right next to the hostel, but I didn't mind for 2 nights, nice balcony. Just make sure you google map it before because it can be confusing to get to, it's tucked in a back street of the Piazza di Duomo and market.

Trying to find the place is interesting but if you follow the directions given, you can easily figure it out. Good place for few nights and tours to empty Etna. Staff were very accomodating and spoke good English. Located close to the markets which is a plus for local fruit, veg and meats. Showers were good, and always clean. Security was our only problem, our room door could not be closed/locked but there were individual lockers provided. Can also get very loud with the large bar next door

Perfect location in the centre of town. The adjacent bar/restaurant is really good and popular with locals too. The Etna tour arranged through the hostel is well worthwhile. The provided directions to the hostel are somewhat ambiguous so my advice would be to plan ahead. I later discovered most locals know it by name so don't be afraid to ask.

and the price for best staff in the categorie youthhostels go to Agora! Best experience so far. The breakfast was limited, that's all I can say. really recommend this one!