Agora Hostel Reviews

Piazza Curro, 6, Catania, Italy

A well located hostel in the heart of catania. The Staff team and the Atmosphere were very good, but unfortunately cleaniness and the security were below average

Dont expect anything from hostel included breakfasts.

I really liked this hostel for the really friendly and helping team ! They even organise some Etna Tours with a really nice guy! Even though the door of my room was not closing I felt secured because someone was always at the reception and that if you want you can use a lock right next to your bed. The kitchen and the shared area are cool ! It was clean and the area was quiet for a city center hostel. Even though the breakfast was quite simple it was nice having this included in the price !

great staying

great staying

The best hostel in Catania (I heard) and the only one (I think) frequented by an international crowd. Safe, clean, fun and cheap.

I had a great time! The staff was wonderful. Location was great! Overall great experience.

• 7th Feb 2014

It was a real home-away-from-home. The staff were very welcoming and very patient, even when the kitchen was full of people cooking and eating! They have lots of information about the local area and will help you find out about places further away.

Nice and comfortable hostel.

Breakfast is only a croissant, some cookies, coffee and juice. If you can get any, as they don't replenish any of that. Everything else was ok. There isn't an oven in the kitchen, but besides that it's quite well equipped. Location is really good.

Great staff, good localization, good atmosphere.

Love it! I went back a second time! Great hostel, perfect location and the nicest, friendliest, most awesome staff! Totally recommend it!

Agora Hostel is a wonderful little jem (with an underground lava cave) and right next to the main street/piazza in Catania. The staff is available around the clock, so security is tight and there are a million amenities available at your disposal. My one problem was the number of mosquitoes/bugs that seemed to get me in the night and the lack of comfort of the bunk bed (less than the best), but otherwise, great!

it was a wonderful experience!!

• 24th Dec 2013
  • China

This Hostel is good to stay in 1 night but no more... Old beds (not very high), toilets without seats, not really hot water in the shower, no soap in the bathroom. Its cheap and has a good location but its also near a train line and you hear it, feel it anytime a train passes by. I wouldn't stay there again.

the hostel is too noisy, near the railroad and the market. The rooms are really small and also the space between the beds. In the female room there was also another door to go in another room, so everyone must pass from our room to go to the other room, too much people in so small space! When I arrived the staff didn't explaine me anything, (that we have breakfast include, can use the kitchen etc), i had to ask everything by myself.

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Macedonia

It's a fun place, right next to a market and good bar/restaurant. (but this can make it not so peaceful)

• 18th Nov 2013

Mattras was a bit too hard and I can imagine sleeping next to the railroad would not be comfy either. The hostel's bar/restaurant with live music is highly recommended though!

It was a very nice experience staying at tha Agora Hostel. It is well situated in the heart of the city. The hostel was very well run and the staff were wonderful. The cost was very affordable and even included a small breakfast. I highly recommend this hostel which also has a very happening restaurant which is extremely popular with young people.

a really good place, tuck away beside the market and close to the central square, the staff were helpful from check in to check out and even helped me book a tour up Mt Etna when it was erupting. many thanks