Agora Hostel Reviews

Piazza Curro, 6, Catania, Italy

My friend and I stayed in a private bedroom for two but found that we were better off staying in a shared room as it was very tiny with barely enough space to move around. The toilets also have no seats.

• 22nd Jul 2014

It's true it is loud, even on a Monday and Tuesday night (especially Monday) but if you ask at reception they do have ear plugs. It was quite hot in the rooms but there was at least a fan. Ours was broken and the guy at reception got us a new one, he was great! The floors are really dirty so wear thongs in your rooms and take your own lock for the lockers. It really wasn't a bad stay, just pick a bed near the fan and wear ear plugs!

I would stay here again if I ever went back to Catania, don't think the city had too much to offer though.

We had a great stay at the hostel. The restaurant is really nice and a lot of locals go there for a drink late at night! When you step out of the hostel in the morning, you are at the Local market what is really Nice. All kind of fresh food. We stayed for 4 nights and really liked it.

• 15th Jul 2014

Very Nice hostel in Catania. Perfect to meet other people. And the Agora Bar right next to it is awesome =)

Great location, but there is no breakfast included like there is written on hostelworld. Restaurant below the hostel is great - atmosphere is unique and the food very tasty.

Wifi is shut off from 2 to 7 am. So it's a pain in the ass to deal with that because you come back late from being out that night usually and need wifi like I did at that time.

Very welcoming and helpful staff. Ok common areas, but missing the best vibe. There's a bar next door where people are supposed to go, which is a decent place. Bathroom facilities were not the best, would expect international standard toilets for a hostel this size (only the standard Italian no-seat versions). Reasonable hostel very well located, walking distance to most of the city centre. Be advised though that the bar downstairs can be quite noisy. Also no AC, can get quite hot at night.

This is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at. My flight was delayed 12 hours (and then another 2 after that) and when I told them I would be late checking in, they responded very quickly with an email that said no worries, and the staff was awesome when my friend and I finally did make it. We asked for help with Etna tours and places to eat, where to go, all of which was provided without question. Rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were too. I just wish they had hooks for towels.

• 20th Jun 2014

I liked Agora, they have a good bar next door with deals for guests on food and drinks. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing I thought was strange is you cannot lock doors to the rooms so anyone could come in although you get lockers for your things.

Very good location, friendly staff. I arrive late and they helped me and gave me information. Catania, Siracusa and Palermo are cities with hostels accommodation.

The staffs there helped me a lot out on the Mount. Etna sunset tour. This tour values a lot for me. Thanks for their help.

A great place to stay in the heart of catania, the hostels bar and restaurant is amazing offering an affordable happy hour and the food is definitely a must, the service may be slow at times but the staff all work there buts off. i stayed in one of the 8 bed dorms there is lockers available at no charge but remember to bring a lock, plenty of storage for luggage in the rooms and nice and clean facilities =]

Very nice hostel but there was a problem with wi fi! But I like the room and kitchen :) every day at the bar next to the hostel there is a party, we had a lot of fun !

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Amazing hostel, we had a great time. The staff was really helpful and so nice. Location is perfect in the middle of the center and the bar is a perfect place to spend some evenings. Thanks agora hostel for the great time we've had in Catania!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Everything was good, only the breakfast isn't really a breakfast... But for the price it doesnt really matter

Agora Hostel is awesome. I'm American and this was my first time in Sicily. Very nice staff, nice facility, and close proximity to cool stuff to see. I definitely recommend this place.

• 23rd May 2014

This hostel has thought of all the room amenities necessary to make for a comfortable stay (love the lockers/nightstands with nightlight and personal power outlet. However, the breakfast is non existent. Its best not to say you offer breakfast. Staff overall was average with the exception of Alexandro. He is a winner.

• 19th May 2014

Everyting was fine and will return if I go back to Catania.Much to see in that City.

Everything was really nice. Friendly host.

• 22nd Apr 2014