Agua Azul Reviews

Rua Praia de Touros 9167, Ponta Negra, Natal, Brazil

No Rating

Excellent people!

very clean and very safe... but i was not a real pousada! More a family house... You couldnt use the kitchen and you had to pay more if you wanted to shower more than ten minutes... no place at all to meet people, just sleeping...

Carmen and Arnold are very good people opening their house to the travelers people. Very good atmosphere, felt like in my own home.

Agua Azul is a nice house where they rent rooms. It's very close to the beach and has a swimming pool, although I couldn't use it while I was there. Carm and her husband are really nice people, and the cat Lilo is very friendly. They say that they don't include breakfast, but coffee and cookies are offered every morning.

They have fast internet connection which is really important for me as I need to work while travelling. Carmen and Arni made me feel so comfortable and at home. I had a great time at Agua Azul and would definately come again!

We had a great stay here and felt we were treated as part of the family - even down to lessons in making tapioca and baking shortbread biscuits. Good place to stay for people interested in music as Arni is a musician and does gigs in the area - we had a lot of fun when we went along to one. Great pool and open area in the shade to sit out in.

+ very nice and helpful couple - inflatable bed ( not that comfortable for more than one night)

We had three great days in the Agua Azul. The value is really great. The House is very clean, the owners are super nice and give good tips. Nearby, there are many bars and restaurants. To the beach you have to walk 5 to 7 minutes. We can only recommend the Hostel.

• 14th Nov 2011

First, the web site says that there is internet (wi fi), but when the host went to sleep, they shut off the internet at night around 9:30 PM; 2 - Lack of basic materials such as toilet paper; 3 - There was no freedom to use the kitchen, such as a table for meals; 4 -There is no fun, only old movies; 5- I did not feel comfortable as a guest because I had the impression that I am at the family home and not in a hostel.

• 10th Oct 2011

Carmen and Arnold made a right choice making their home a pousade. They are the most friendly peole, always willing to help you getting around (which can be a bit difficult if you dont speak portugese). The pousada is lovely and the rooms are very good. Specially for the price it is one of the best in Natal (and we ve seen a few :). You can meet other guest and the atmosfeer is very backpack friendly. If you need anything, you can just ask Carmen and she will help you out.

Hosts where very friendly and gave us good tips. This Hostel is good if you don't want to have many people around, there very few rooms.

Good place. Very good location and nice people. security is probably the weak point since there is no locker but I didn't have any issues while there. But it would be nice to have a place where to lock valuables. The mattress in my bed was really soft. I would strongly recommend changing it for a firmer one as this can definitely be a problem for people with back pains and is not the best for health anyway. But I would still recommend that place as I Spent a good time there!

Nice place to stay in an good location. The Ponta Negra beach is 5 minutes from Agua Azul. Carmen and Arni are very friendly and helpful. There is good free WiFi too.

Agua Azul is a very nice place to stay, Carmen and Arni are adorable, the house is so pleasant, and it is near everything (restaurants, beach, places to go out at night, ...). I recommend it

Amazing place to stay near by the beach.

1. It's a family house with two guest rooms, not a hostel. It's very nice - with a beautiful pool, but we weren't expecting it. 2. Too many house rules - making us feel like we had to be careful all the time, which in turn made us feel like we were univited guests rather than paying customers. 3. They smoke inside the house (and outside our window - there is no glass in the window) and that is not one of the house rules. There are also two cats inside the house. 4. I'm sure this isn't too frequent - but

We are advertised as a guesthouse, not a hostel, so there should be no surprise there. Only standard house rules apply eg. no paper down toilets, turn fans off when not in room. These guests left the fan on full blast for hours when they were out so naturally we would mention it to try and avoid it happening again. We had to ask the guy not to walk dripping wet all over the verandah area because it is dangerous as people could slip on the wet tiles and also not to sit on the padded cloth chairs when he was soaking wet - it is just a matter of common sense.. There are separate sun loungers and waterproof seating near the pool.for wet use The guests were invited to the owner's birthday party but they declined. Yes, Brazilians smoke more than people in western countries. There has been no government push to ban smoking in public so we allow it in the outside areas.

During my stay I had some unforeseen circumstances to deal with and I must say Carmen, Arni and Amber were very warm, understanding and caring and went beyond themselves to make sure that I was well and happy. I highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Nov 2010