Ahoy! Hostel Reviews

Na Perstyne 10, Prague, Czech Republic

Ahoy is truly one of the best hostels that I've ever stayed at. It is clean and in a great location. The staff is fantastic and extremely helpful. An all round, great value for your money.

• 14th Aug 2014

Nice hostel very well located and close to many touristic places.

GREAT HOSTEL! the owner is very well-travelled himself so it's great to chat with him. this hostel was 10 mins walk from the old town and even closer to shopping and other restaurants nearby. very secure, very clean, everything you would look for in a hostel, really. i suggest trying to get to this hostel during the daytime because trying to find it at night was a little bit of a struggle.

really nice hostel in a perfect location! amazing, really helpful staff and a nice crowd! would definitly go back there!

• 10th Aug 2014

Very kind staff, perfectly located building, clean rooms, awesome organisation and convinient services. Toilets and shower could be better and there is no place to smoke even if there is a small rooftop its not allowed. The power of this hostel is that its small enough and the staff knows the people in and there is more of a family feel. It contrast with the usually very cold waiters in Pragues restaurants ;-). Even people there were very respectfull like if they've choosen ! Ill come back again

nice hostel, the staff is really nice. a small and quiet hostel

I loved this hostel. I've never encountered staff as friendly and helpful as they were here. The kitchen is nice and clean, although there's not much space to sit and eat. The dorm was clean and spacious. My only complaint is that the bathroom facilities were a little tired. Other than that, I had a great time here and would highly recommend this hostel. You are provided lockers for your valuables, and the whole place just feels really safe.

Exellent hostel. it was the cheapest and the smallest place we stayed while in Europe but the most pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The twin room was big and clean. The only complain is that the shower could be cleaner., otherwise exellent place.

A very pleasant stay here - great location and helpful staff. The only thing I didn't like was having to cross the reception and lounge to get to the toilets and showers - felt a bit strange first thing in the morning in my pjs...However, it was clean and the atmosphere was friendly.

Great location and price, but there were a few negatives in my stay, may just be my opinion. 1) There was a baby (infant not toddler) in my room and mom + dad + crib + stroller. I felt very bad moving around, coming in late, leaving early etc because the baby was always asleep. 2) In the early mornings (2 days in a row before 7am) I could not get hot water to turn on. Also they have an interesting system where it's the showers and bathrooms are divided decreasing privacy.

We do apologies for this experience! We never really thought that someone is so crazy to book 8-bedded dorm and bring baby with them. They did not let us know in advance and because it was night arrival our heart wouldn't let us kick them out on the street with baby.

Good points: lockers, free wifi, great location, loads of plugs in the rooms, great staff, very spacious rooms. Bad points: Kitchen was a bit small, only 3 showers, could do with an elevator. Overall this hostel is great and we really enjoyed our stay here. From the moment we arrived Petr was so friendly and helpful. He gave us a detailed run down of where to go and what to do in Prague. Hostel is really cool and there is a good atmosphere there. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Great cosy hostel 3 minutes from the main square. Kitchen was very well equipped and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere with a nice lounge area and all the house music you could need. Also has a computer room with a blackboard wall where you can write a goodbye message. Czech yo' self! Love from Scotland.

2 flight walkup. Really great staff. Smallish hostel with ~30 beds. Nice social atmosphere. WiFi works, kind of slow. Can walk all of Prague from here. Nice kitchen, free coffee, cheap beers in fridge. Needs a better sign out front, 'street view' the address before arrival so you know what you are looking for.

Thank you very much for your review! Just to let you know guys after one year we got all paper work ready and by middle of September there will be huge and beautiful sign outside :-)

Is bit hard to find as the sign is too small just simply search for blue door and house number - 10 and you will be alright. Except that the hostel is awesome. One of the nicest one which I stayed in, staff who really cares and is ready to help at anytime. I had a great time and met couple of friends there. Cheeeers Ahoy!

• 9th Jul 2014

Thank you man! New and large sign will be ready in two weeks now. As we are in historical Prague is lots of paperwork before you can put anything on the house wall. Thanks again and nice journey.

I can only wish that more hostels would be like this. Nicely decorated, comfy beds, clean and absolutely wonderful staff who helped me a lot to explore Prague. Very friendly and cozy place!

• 9th Jul 2014

An amazing experience there. :)

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

From the first moment we arrived the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The hostel itself is in a perfect location, 2 minute walk from the old town square and right in the heart of the action. The dorm was clean, modern and comfortable, the shower facilities were also good. We were a large group of 7 celebrating 2 birthdays. The staff gave us 2 free bottles of bubbly to help us celebrate which was a lovely gesture. I would highly recommend this hostel!!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location, and very friendly staff. The space feels rather small, with bathrooms squished together and often busy. The place also tends to be very noisy, and the management staff does not care very much. When asked to resolve a situation that made some of us in the hostel uncomfortable, the staff shrugged their shoulders and did nothing. Very disappointed by my stay at this hostel (did not sleep well at all here), and wish that I had not spent the money on this particular place.

As we emailed you we are sorry for your experience! Management cares and we apologized to you. Let me mention that you booked a hostel and our biggest dorm. We are not a party place but you never know how noisy other people sharing the room with you will be. We are trying our best to keep hostel quiet at night for those who want to sleep. Next time I recommend hotel or our private room buddy.

Really great location to go to the main touristic sights, restaurants, supermarket, bars and taking the metro. The staff is really helpfull and the room I stayed in (twin private) was really nice. I just wish the bathrooms were cleaner and that there would be more of them.

Great experience! Would definitely recommend!

• 24th Jun 2014