Aille River Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Really nice hostel with a excellent atmosphere. Very willing stuff and nice guests. Compared to other hostels very clean kitchen! I really liked the nice garden with a river in front of the hostel. Perfect for group of friends, families and couples ;)

I had a great experience, good price, clean facilities, good breakfast.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Overall , great position.foundstaff very freindly

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, however we booked a double room with private ensuite, but the shower was well below par. It was a push button shower and the push button lasted for under a minute, so the water only came out in short bursts... Very terrible. Otherwise the beds were great and the location great

This is a cute little hostel, but they advertise free laundry. You can wash your clothes for free when the hostel is done using the washer, but the dryer is not free - I thought that was a bit of false advertising. It was humid outside and they continued to turn on the fireplace at night. It made the hostel very hot and uncomfortable to sleep. The location is great if you want to see the Cliffs of Mother and explore The Burren. However, I would recommend only spending one night in Doolin

Doolin is a great place to stay overnight because of all the beautiful nature around and also the pub nearby has a really nice atmosphere. I was just a bit disappointed that a group of people in a hostel didn't bother about the sign in a hostel that said that there is quiet time after midnight and they were talking loudly in a common room which is close to dorms.

This hostel is beautiful! It is very clean, offers great prices for everything that you get. We stayed in the deluxe twin private and it was the nicest room in all of our stays in 8 hostels in ireland!

Great place. It's got a little brook in front of it which is really pretty. It's also right across the street from a pub with great music (there are more in the area, but I only went to that one). The owner is really helpful and stayed there after 10:30pm to make sure that we found the place. The shower is a little annoying because it is one of those which you have to press a button to keep having water come out, but it's really a great hostel. I'd recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat.

Stayed here or 2 nights mid August. Turns out the Harley Davidson festival was in town so the hostel was really busy and common room was packed at meal times. Our double room with ensuite suited our needs, although the wifi didn't works so we had to go to reception. The breakfast for €1.50 was good value (egg, soda bread, jam) but they didn't have any of museli on either day was was a bit annoying. Friendly staff.

I'm already planning my next trip back. Aille River Hostel was the best place I stayed, by far. Most people there are campers from around the world, so the vibe is very easy going and friendly. The breakfast is GREAT. Staff could not be lovelier. The location makes you feel like you're in a fairy tale. It's a very easy walk to the coast (gorgeous), a longer walk to the Cliffs of Moher, and easy to bus to from Galway. The town is adorable, pubs had great craic. I couldn't ask for more!

The best hostel we had during our one week tour through Ireland. Thank you, regards Jan H

• 14th Aug 2014

Very nice social place. Perfect place for visiting Burren. Friendly people :o)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

This was a good basic hostel. There were a lot of campers so the kitchen was constantly in use which made it a fun environment. People in dorms were quiet and respectful of others which was nice. The crowd was made up mostly of independent travelers, couples, families, and people out to see the sights, not people who were into partying and staying up late--which made it the perfect place for us.

Very pleasant stay in a very friendly and well-equipped hostel.

What a wonderful place to stay! We had 4 lovely days in a family room. Everybody, also the kids, enjoyed it. Nice ambiance, good kitchen, quick laundry. Would go back tomorrow if I could.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Absolutely beautiful place to stay at! Lodged right in the country side of Doolin, right next to the river.

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay and would love to return one day! Thank you!

• 29th Jul 2014

Very nice staff, perfect location, available parking even in the peak times. Recommended:)

This was a beautiful hostel- very warm and relaxing. The staff was friendly, helpful and available when needed. The cottage like atmosphere made for a great location to just enjoy the scenery and unwind. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone...I already have!

It would have been nice to have a cage or larger locker to fit the my personal belongings in. The quarters were very tight and the door was left open by visitors who didn't want to fuss with using a key. I was a bit worried about my things during the day. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3