Aille River Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Clare, Doolin, Ireland

This was a beautiful hostel- very warm and relaxing. The staff was friendly, helpful and available when needed. The cottage like atmosphere made for a great location to just enjoy the scenery and unwind. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone...I already have!

It would have been nice to have a cage or larger locker to fit the my personal belongings in. The quarters were very tight and the door was left open by visitors who didn't want to fuss with using a key. I was a bit worried about my things during the day. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff.

• 14th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel. Stay here, and stay for a while. It's beautiful, the location is beautiful, plenty of amenities, and awesome staff

A very warm and welcoming place. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Had a great time and would definitely come again.

The slamming of the automatically closing doors started to get on my nerves after waking up to early the first day. Great friendly staff !!! NO FREE continental breakfast !

Beautiful hostel, very clean and safe. Staff were helpful and very kind. Rooms, bathroom, common room and kitchen (and I'm sure entire hostel) were all very clean. Doolin was beautiful with a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend any family or friend to stay at Aille River Hostel. If we ever visit Ireland again, would definitely stay here again. I cannot say enough good things about this Hostel. 100% satisfied with stay in every way. Thank you so much!

The hostel is situated in what looks like a storybook cottage right next to a little river. Close to walk to everything; really friendly staff, big kitchen with everything you could need. Comfortable bunk beds; great place to come and chill out!

Great place for a stay in Doolin, a bit away from the crowds, chill out by the river... Good spacious kitchen, very helpful and friendly staff

The doors are all self-locking, there's a code to the outside door, and there are free lockers within the rooms. Staff was incredibly nice and the location is right next to the cliff walk that leads to Moher. Great place!

• 20th Jun 2014

It has been a real good stay there. The staff was very friendly, and the House is really special. In the evening we sat in front of the door behind the wall, looked on the river with the bridge, and listened to the music out of the pub. It was one the the best moments of our journey. Tank you for that!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Friendly staff,superb location and four bed family room ideal!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Brilliant staff, musician friendly! We'll be back :-)

It was great ! The place is nice and cute, a little old house. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's was easy to walk to the cliffs or to go to the port. The beds were good, all made of wood. The house was very beautiful, with a little garden to sit down when it's not raining. It's also near the visitor center, so easy to know what to do.

Great little cottage, tucked just north of the cliffs of moher with access to the Aran Islands. The staff at Aille River is extremely friendly and the place is nice and cozy.

Great hostel. My favorite by far in my two week trip around Ireland. Cozy and friendly atmosphere, nice people (both those working there and staying there), convenient location, beautiful setting, large and easy to use kitchen, free small lockers in rooms, a warm fire every evening, quiet late at night, more laid back easy going crowd of all ages...Can't say enough good things about Aille River Hostel!

• 1st Jun 2014

Aille River Hostel is a great place to stay. The staff are great and the facility is equally wonderful.

Aille was my favorite hostel while traveling through Ireland. The owner is passionate about his hostel, and puts a lot of time and love towards making it a great place to stay. I would highly recommend for travelers passing through Doolin to see the Cliffs of Moher to stay here. It is a beautiful building with charming scenery.

This place is great for visiting the Cliffs of Moher. We stayed one night and it was perfect for what we needed. There are a few restaurants right up the street, but that's literally all that's in town. Fitzpatrick's has great live Irish music! The room was clean and breakfast was delicious (€1.50).

• 21st May 2014

Beautiful

If it was possible to give higher than perfect marks for a hostel, this would get it. The Aille River Hostel is lovely with a warm fire in the common room, a walled garden by the river, and just far enough from the center of town (5 minute walk) that there is virtually no noise. The staff was excellent - helped me deal with the fact that my luggage was trailing days behind me in my travels - and the breakfast perfectly fine.