Aille River Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Great place. It's got a little brook in front of it which is really pretty. It's also right across the street from a pub with great music (there are more in the area, but I only went to that one). The owner is really helpful and stayed there after 10:30pm to make sure that we found the place. The shower is a little annoying because it is one of those which you have to press a button to keep having water come out, but it's really a great hostel. I'd recommend it to a friend in a heartbeat.

Stayed here or 2 nights mid August. Turns out the Harley Davidson festival was in town so the hostel was really busy and common room was packed at meal times. Our double room with ensuite suited our needs, although the wifi didn't works so we had to go to reception. The breakfast for €1.50 was good value (egg, soda bread, jam) but they didn't have any of museli on either day was was a bit annoying. Friendly staff.

I'm already planning my next trip back. Aille River Hostel was the best place I stayed, by far. Most people there are campers from around the world, so the vibe is very easy going and friendly. The breakfast is GREAT. Staff could not be lovelier. The location makes you feel like you're in a fairy tale. It's a very easy walk to the coast (gorgeous), a longer walk to the Cliffs of Moher, and easy to bus to from Galway. The town is adorable, pubs had great craic. I couldn't ask for more!

The best hostel we had during our one week tour through Ireland. Thank you, regards Jan H

• 14th Aug 2014

Very nice social place. Perfect place for visiting Burren. Friendly people :o)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

This was a good basic hostel. There were a lot of campers so the kitchen was constantly in use which made it a fun environment. People in dorms were quiet and respectful of others which was nice. The crowd was made up mostly of independent travelers, couples, families, and people out to see the sights, not people who were into partying and staying up late--which made it the perfect place for us.

Very pleasant stay in a very friendly and well-equipped hostel.

What a wonderful place to stay! We had 4 lovely days in a family room. Everybody, also the kids, enjoyed it. Nice ambiance, good kitchen, quick laundry. Would go back tomorrow if I could.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Absolutely beautiful place to stay at! Lodged right in the country side of Doolin, right next to the river.

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay and would love to return one day! Thank you!

• 29th Jul 2014

Very nice staff, perfect location, available parking even in the peak times. Recommended:)

This was a beautiful hostel- very warm and relaxing. The staff was friendly, helpful and available when needed. The cottage like atmosphere made for a great location to just enjoy the scenery and unwind. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone...I already have!

It would have been nice to have a cage or larger locker to fit the my personal belongings in. The quarters were very tight and the door was left open by visitors who didn't want to fuss with using a key. I was a bit worried about my things during the day. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff.

Amazing hostel. Stay here, and stay for a while. It's beautiful, the location is beautiful, plenty of amenities, and awesome staff

A very warm and welcoming place. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Had a great time and would definitely come again.

Great hostel with great staff ! Absolutely one of the best places, where i have been in Ireland.

The slamming of the automatically closing doors started to get on my nerves after waking up to early the first day. Great friendly staff !!! NO FREE continental breakfast !

Beautiful hostel, very clean and safe. Staff were helpful and very kind. Rooms, bathroom, common room and kitchen (and I'm sure entire hostel) were all very clean. Doolin was beautiful with a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend any family or friend to stay at Aille River Hostel. If we ever visit Ireland again, would definitely stay here again. I cannot say enough good things about this Hostel. 100% satisfied with stay in every way. Thank you so much!

The hostel is situated in what looks like a storybook cottage right next to a little river. Close to walk to everything; really friendly staff, big kitchen with everything you could need. Comfortable bunk beds; great place to come and chill out!

Great place for a stay in Doolin, a bit away from the crowds, chill out by the river... Good spacious kitchen, very helpful and friendly staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3