Airport Skyway Lodge Reviews

30 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

pretty cold and damp rooms, no heating, no hot water, no free wifi, (what a surprise no whirlpool) we have traveled piece of the world... and God bless Europe - heat, hot water and internet access is simply a must! otherwise ok, staff helpful, transfer from the airport allright...

Nice place to stay if your flight leaves very early. Just 10mins to airport. Would stay again.

Lovely hostel with no real complaints. Loved the close atmosphere.

Really nice hostel i stayed in while i arrived in auckland. They pick you directly to the airport and were very nice. room are clean, nice people in there and very quiet and peaceful place

• 25th Apr 2013

Very friendly staff, ended up in a room all to myself even though I paid for a dorm - 5$ transfer right from hostel to airport at 5am with very friendly driver. Would have been nice if the hot tub was heated up though!

We stayed in the Skyway lodge for one night before flying home to the UK, it was comfortable, the staff were friendly and very helpful. It was more than what we expected for the price. I would definitely recommend the pancakes from the farm down the road for breakfast!

• 9th Apr 2013

Enjoyed very much. Convenient location near airport with transfers for a small fee. We had a large room, clean and towels provided. Ended up going back for a second night when we came back through Auckland!

10 min from the airport by hostel shuttle ($5/ride/person), nice and clean, free coffee/tee, friendly owner

Friendly, fast pick up from the airport and extremely good value. Thanks for the ride to the restaurant , also. I will recommend this hostel to others.

It was disappointed to arrive to NZ to that hostel.....

• 17th Mar 2013
  • Mexico

I would not hesitate to recommend staying here. Great value, very friendly and sincere. And after staying at different Hostels that tell you online they are clean and tidy, and you arrive and they are filthy and messy it was such a relieve to stay in such a clean place.

• 15th Mar 2013
  • New Zealand

Was the best bed since weeks and scot is just an amazing guy

Very convenient location 5 minutes from the airport. Scott arrived very quickly for our pick-up after we called him from the airport and was very friendly and welcoming. Hostel was clean and had a good atmosphere, and the large lounge and kitchen areas were a bonus. Thanks!

• 4th Mar 2013

We really liked this hostel! The manager is very very nice and is very timely with airport transfers. The hostel is PERFECT if you have an early morning flight, which was the case for us. The internet connection was really good and they had tea, coffee, etc. in a very clean and well-functioning kitchen. Our private room was enormous and had a spacious clean bathroom attached. By hostel standards, this was a great option for us.

Perfect place to stay the night after an arrival of the night before a departure. The shuttle service ( 5dollars pp) is also vers handy.

A hostel that felt more like you were staying in someones house. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I stayed for 1 night, and while it was good for that, I couldn't have seen myself staying there for any longer, as it was too far away from anything and like I mentioned, it felt strange. Ideal for a night coming from or going to the airport, but no longer.

This felt like a home away from home for a couple of nights whilst waiting for a flight. Staff are great and very helpful and friendly. Its a a great location for the airport and 24 hour airport shuttle was great. Would definitely recommend.

i just stayed there for 1 night because i had to wait for my flight. the hostel is very close to the airport and they have a shuttle bus for 5 dollars! kitchen is very good, they have all you need. nice living room with a lot of movies, books and games. perfect to wait few hours for your flight!

• 23rd Feb 2013
  • Switzerland

Seriously in need of a makeover! Location is the only really positive factor.

• 15th Feb 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The pool and spa pool look great! Pit I didn't get to use them :) (wasn't hot enough)

• 15th Feb 2013