Airport Skyway Lodge Reviews

30 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Enjoyed very much. Convenient location near airport with transfers for a small fee. We had a large room, clean and towels provided. Ended up going back for a second night when we came back through Auckland!

10 min from the airport by hostel shuttle ($5/ride/person), nice and clean, free coffee/tee, friendly owner

Friendly, fast pick up from the airport and extremely good value. Thanks for the ride to the restaurant , also. I will recommend this hostel to others.

It was disappointed to arrive to NZ to that hostel.....

• 17th Mar 2013
  • Mexico

I would not hesitate to recommend staying here. Great value, very friendly and sincere. And after staying at different Hostels that tell you online they are clean and tidy, and you arrive and they are filthy and messy it was such a relieve to stay in such a clean place.

• 15th Mar 2013
  • New Zealand

Was the best bed since weeks and scot is just an amazing guy

Very convenient location 5 minutes from the airport. Scott arrived very quickly for our pick-up after we called him from the airport and was very friendly and welcoming. Hostel was clean and had a good atmosphere, and the large lounge and kitchen areas were a bonus. Thanks!

• 4th Mar 2013

We really liked this hostel! The manager is very very nice and is very timely with airport transfers. The hostel is PERFECT if you have an early morning flight, which was the case for us. The internet connection was really good and they had tea, coffee, etc. in a very clean and well-functioning kitchen. Our private room was enormous and had a spacious clean bathroom attached. By hostel standards, this was a great option for us.

Perfect place to stay the night after an arrival of the night before a departure. The shuttle service ( 5dollars pp) is also vers handy.

A hostel that felt more like you were staying in someones house. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I stayed for 1 night, and while it was good for that, I couldn't have seen myself staying there for any longer, as it was too far away from anything and like I mentioned, it felt strange. Ideal for a night coming from or going to the airport, but no longer.

This felt like a home away from home for a couple of nights whilst waiting for a flight. Staff are great and very helpful and friendly. Its a a great location for the airport and 24 hour airport shuttle was great. Would definitely recommend.

i just stayed there for 1 night because i had to wait for my flight. the hostel is very close to the airport and they have a shuttle bus for 5 dollars! kitchen is very good, they have all you need. nice living room with a lot of movies, books and games. perfect to wait few hours for your flight!

• 23rd Feb 2013
  • Switzerland

Seriously in need of a makeover! Location is the only really positive factor.

• 15th Feb 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The pool and spa pool look great! Pit I didn't get to use them :) (wasn't hot enough)

• 15th Feb 2013
  • New Zealand

I wasn't expecting a lot from a hostel that is largely marketed as being an airport stopover but was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was great and the pool area was actually pretty fantastic. I was there to spend my final night of my three month trip and it was a good way to spend that time. There was plenty space to store my bike and get all of my gear cleaned and repacked for my flight out.

Very nice and clean, near the airport and near the city by bus

• 29th Jan 2013

We choose this hostel for one night to catch a flight, which was perfect. Nice to have a pick up even really late. Hostel was clean, towel provided and Nice staff.

Great place to stay if you need to be close to airport, very friendly staff

It does exactly what it is intended to do. A great place to stay either before you fly out of Auckland or (as we did) spend the night before picking up our campervan the next day. We were picked up from the airport at midnight by the friendly owner.The lodge is about 10mins away. The rooms have a real homely feel. There's very big communal room and kitchen along with adequate toilet and shower facilites. Plenty of tourist info available in the lobby. Perfect place to start your trip around NZ!

Nice budget option if you are only using it as an over nighter for the airport. Very cheap and staff are friendly and helpful. However, you get what you pay for in terms of facilities

• 2nd Jan 2013