Airport Skyway Lodge Reviews

30 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Great hostel for staying when coming or going to Auckland airport cuz it's really close, nice value for it and the have a grat pick up service. All facilities are great and really clean. Owners and staff are sooo nice :) I'd definitely come back!

Lovely Hostel, real homely feel, staff really friendly and helpful. The only was it cost $7 for wifi which I had hoped would be free, however I did not mind paying this just for one night and it was a good connection.

Great hostel for an airport stop! Slightly more expensive than hostels in the city but with the £5 airport transfer they offer at any time, you make that money back! Good room, beds and facilities and big common area.

Very Friendly and helpful Staff. Price isn't much higher than a regular hostel. It worth it to pay the extra $$

We had a great stay - you offer everything we hoped for!

Loved this a lot. Owners were friendly and made an effort. Nice room and great shared facilities. Best free stuff ever! Pool looked nice and sofas in the lounge were best ever in a hostel! Great value and close to airport. Owner does shuttle run to airport for $10 for 2 people

This was the perfect spot for our overnight in Auckland. The kitchen is great! Well-equipped and very spacious. The living room & dining rooms are also large and comfortable to relax, chat with other guests, and have a meal. The owners are friendly and efficient. The hostel is a 5 minute walk to a market, pharmacy, liquor store and restaurant, and even closer (across the road!) from a farm selling fresh veggies/fruits and pancakes with fruit & ice cream. Go there for breakfast!

Weird rules concerning possibilities to stay at the lodge after 10 a.m. Charges extra even though room is checked out. Internet slow when taking into account the high price per day.

Staff were very helpful and offered loads of advice. We ended up having to stay longer to arrange a camper van and were stuck when all other accomodation was fully booked. The staff went above and beyond to organise a room for us moving things about to help us out of a tricky situation. Would happily recommend to anyone.

• 5th Mar 2015

Close to the airport, the staff are friendly. Run by a family they are very accommodating. It's not the newest place but you get a towel and a bed which is perfect if you are travelling out early in the morning the next day as I was. Rides to the airport also. There's supposed to be an Indian restaurant near by but I ate before I arrived.

Really nice and peacefull place, pool and jacuzzi make it even better

• 28th Feb 2015

A decent hostel close to the airport so is a handy stop for an early departure or late arrival. Good airport shuttle service run by the hostel too. We had a private double which was nice enough. The bathrooms were in a fair condition. The communal kitchen looked decent enough although we only used a couple of things. A nice TV room/ communal area too.

Liked the hot tub and the coffee.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Friendly staff, lovely and cozy hostel. Just like staying at your grandma's house. :) A bit too far from downtown, but not a big deal if you're willing to take the bus.

• 19th Feb 2015

Perfect place to stay after a long flight when you arrive very late. I had to pay for a private room because I got in too late to stay in a dorm (would wake up other guests) so one night stay cost $72 which I thought was quite expensive but the room was ideal and very clean. Toilets were also very clean as was the rest of the hostel. Scott was on reception and picked me up from the airport (there was a $5 charge) - he was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. would stay again and recommnd

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Don't bother with dorm rooms - same price to get a double and much better. The rooms smelt a little damp but we're clean. The issue we had was the wifi was $7 - which we paid but it onlY worked in living area, not bedrooms.... Bit cheeky considering the price. Given the price of the room is higher than the rest of places we stayed, I think the wifi should be free or greatly reduced (especially that it doesn't work beyond a 5 metre radius of the reception). basic + clean

• 1st Feb 2015

very convenient for being close to airport , and being picked up by the staff. scott is really friendly and helping.

• 28th Jan 2015

I only stayed for one night as I arrived late in the night from Australia. But the room was lovely and spacious, just a shame about the noise outside.

Hostel was in a great position as close to the airport but in a quiet area with shops only a five minute walk. Staff went out of their way to help, particularly when I was trying to get to Auckland City and there were issues with buses. They got me to a bus stop that was still running and refused any payment. Can't thank them enough!

• 9th Jan 2015

Ideally located with cheap airport transfer service. We used this on arrival and departure and found it peaceful and comfortable. Would recommend it 100% if you are flying in/out of auckland

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7