Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff really were not that friendly, they really didn't make themselves aproachable. The lobby the "common room" and the first floor showers, toilets and rubbish bins and minimal kitchen facilities are all in the same small area when you walk in. Which is a little strange, and doesn't lead to comfortable socialising.

The room was very cold for being december. The heater was off the time we were in the room that was from 19h in advance and taking into account that outside was 0 degrees, it was quite cold.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Spain

A very quiet and spacious hostel room and helpful staff.

Unfortunately Amsterdam is really expensive, so the amount you pay for Aivengo would get you something way nicer in other cities. That being said, the place was clean, the beds were comfy and the location was great! Not the most picturesque place and not at all the kind of place where you'll meet and hang out with people. Also wifi didn't work in our room and staff didn't seem terribly interested in fixing the problem. Overall, a fine place to sleep but not a memorable hostel experience.

Thanks :) We are still one of the cheapest hostels in Amsterdam :)

Excelent location, the staff was all kind and nice, our roomies were also nice. The only thing that botter me was the fact that in our room there was another room (a room inside a room) and there's a guy living there, so he entered in a GIRLS room everytime he wanted, not caring if someone was less dressed or not in an appropriate way to be seen. The room is very warm, the water of the showers is hot too. Our room was on the 5th floor and as an amazing view, no elevator, spiral staircase!

20€ key deposit seems too much to me,it'd be fair to mention it in advance...WC was separated but bathroom had no door,just a courtain in the shower,so anyone be annoyed in the room by the noise of water/hairdryer.in the female dorm there's a"private"door where a guy walks out because that's his house door!His door connects straight to the girls dorm and he has to walk through the the room to get out.Ridicolous! Nevertheless the location is the best,staff was helpful and we had no big problems.

The only problem was the stairs up to our room, there was no elevator and we were on the 5th floor.

• 13th Nov 2014

Was in a perfect location, was comfortable, and had everything we needed.

• 13th Nov 2014

All girls 10 bed dorm (even though there are really 12 beds?) was good. No bunk beds which was great. Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, kettle, all utensils and some left food in the cupboard. 1 bathroom in the room which could be a problem for some, though there are more showers and toilets downstairs in the reception building (it's just next door). Free use of computers. I liked this place, the dorm felt homely and you could get everywhere by foot at any time of day or night.

• 8th Nov 2014

Great location, and very cheap price. I was a bit nervous about staying in a 20 Bed Mixed Dorm, but its really not that bad. There are lockers to rent, it's free, and then you just pay a deposit for the key. Bathrooms were quite tiny, I was too scared to take a shower, because the showers looked sketch. Staff did their job, were not overly friendly. I would recommend this hostel to those who are on a budget, want a GREAT location (red light district), and just need a place to sleep.

I really liked my stay in Aivengo Hostel. The room was nice and clean. Even if there's only one bathroom for the whole room, it was ok! And the location was perfect!

Good location, but there was mold in the bathroom

Its a great place to tour Amsterdam from.. Staff was nice. Little messy and large dorms but that helps u meet people. the lack of a common room and a curfew were the downers.. Rest all good for me.. :-)

The hostel was in a great location! My issue with the hostel was that the all girls female dorm is on the 4th floor, and there was no elevator. Also, the all girls female dorm smelled. I also did not like the fact that the lockers were so small in the dorms, because I could not fit all of my belongings in it.

• 30th Oct 2014

Stayed in all girls dorm-was not full for both nights I stayed. Thought I would have to spend a night alone. Fairly old building with narrow stairs and uneven floors. Balcony door couldn't close fully so there was a chill in the room but blankets were fine. Washroom was okay. For some reason, for both nights I stayed, there was a man who I presume works there, who entered and exited the room without knocking or anything, to another room connected via the all girls room. Strange.

A hostel with a great location and the cleanest facilities I've seen yet compared to previous hostel experiences. It was nice to stay in such a centrally located area and the 20-person dorm is relatively safe (I was nervous at first but I encountered no issue and met some very interesting people!).

• 24th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay, especially for the cost. 20 people in one room is a bit much but it's easy to get over with earplugs. Overall the staff was nice and professional. There's a curfew at 4am but I didn't find that to be a problem at all. The showers are my biggest complaint. There's very limited room and we're very clean.

Excellent place to stay, staff helpful and friendly. No coffee lounge but plenty across the street to keep you amused in the early hours.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hostel is ok. The staff is not great. The first one we met was a girl that checked us in, she was nice, but the other man that was there the rest of our stay really wasn't helplful nor nice. The room in itself was nice, even if the 10-beds girl's dorm turned out to be a 12 beds (11 permanent beds and on one night a girl was staying on a mattress on the floor). The bathroom was nice but a bit insufficient for 12 girls in the morning ! The kitchen is directly in the room. No commun area.

I stayed here on my own for three days, because I wanted to discover Amsterdam. The hostel was very good: few minutes walk from the railway station, clean towel every day, all right beds and bathroom... It was the cheapest hostel I could find so I didn't have high expectations, but I was very surprised in a positive way!

• 20th Oct 2014