Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

10 person girls dorm where great, with lots of space, and kept nice and clean. 20 person dorm was a little too crowded. Great place to stay if you are not planning on spending much time in the hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Norway

I stayed in a 10 bed female-only dorm and was overall quite happy. Beds were squeaky and I'm not sure how clean my sheets/pillow case were. Only one bathroom for 10 people but we made it work. I was able to share a plug-in with my neighbour to charge electronics. Wifi in room worked well. Free lockers were good too. Located close to Amsterdam Centraal Station which was quite handy.

Hostel in very good location, very clean and nice staff, all you can want in a hostel really.

• 4th Sep 2014

This place is reviewed badly online but I found it to be an absolutely great place to stay.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

It was a lot better than I was expecting. Our room was in the eaves and we had access to a kitchen and sitting room. It was very, very good. And the staff were very obliging with our needs.

• 1st Sep 2014

Terrible hostel! Okay, sleeping in a room with 19 other people is for sure not the most comfortable thing. But the mattresses were sagging terribly, the blanket was to small to cover oneself if you're not cuddling (and too thin during night). Furthermore we haven't seen the staff changing the blanket after a person's leaving. Also hygiene in general was very poor. There were four showers and four toilets for 40 people, without windows directly infront of the reception. There is no common area.

• 31st Aug 2014

Nice, clean hostel in a really good location,. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only problem is there's no common area, just a small couch in outside the bedrooms.

Myself and 3 friends stayed in the 10 bed female dorm and it was much better than we expected. Although, 1 shower between 10 girls wasn't exactly great and there was no door for the bathroom meant we had to get undressed in the shower which wasn't ideal. The room was clean and quite spacious and the hostel was in a relatively good location for getting to the city centre and museums.

Sheets were those horrible shiny ones. Mattress was awful and sagged in middle so really bad for back. Location was excellent

Victoria was lovely, whoever the guy was that took over from her on the 13th August was miserable as hell! Cheer up! It's a youth hostel! Also, my bed had a dip in it so it was fairly uncomfortable to sleep in and it made a lot of noise at the slightest movement. I doubt I'd stay here again if I went back to Amsterdam.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Basically the bare essentials of a hostel, providing enough to survive but not much more. No common space, only a microwave as a kitchen, and the room was stuffy. The location was awesome, in the centre of amsterdam, but I would happily fork out more money to stay somewhere with a better vibe that was further away. Would I stay there again? Not unless I had to

Don't expect much- staff were unhelpful and felt uneasy around them as were very rude to all guests. If you are in Amsterdam for the night life, the hostel closes from 4am to 6am. The staff in, they just don't let you in and in my case, I got to the door at 4.05am and was told to walk around for a couple of hours...he was not joking. Also no common area to relax, you feel constantly monitored and the room is stuffy beyond belief. DON'T STAY!

Great Location Offers What It Says On The Tin Really...

The location is ideal and the staff were polite and helpful. Would stay there again!

Stayed in the private double. Absolutely amazing. Huge space, private bathroom, great views - all in a very authentic 400 year old attic.

Parking was offered in the services, which made me pick this hostel. Only at arrival I realized that a P+R outside Amsterdam was ment, which is the same as for other hostels. If you're just looking for a place to sleep at night, the hostel is sufficient, but that's it

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a good location, walking distance to the train station! However the staff were very unhelpful and didn't crack a smile between them the 3 nights we stayed! Made you feel very unwelcome!

much better than i had hoped. 10 girls in one room and all my roommates are quiet people. Toilet very clean. fridge in the room.

The guy that receive us was unpleasant and not accomodating. The rooms of 20 people were smelly (no windows nor aerations) and we only had blankets (no sheets) that had already been used by all our predecessors. Furthermore, the kitchen space is inexistent.

• 31st Jul 2014

Absolutely would NEVER EVER recommend staying here. Worst atmosphere I've ever experienced in a hostel, extremely rude staff, the 'kitchen' was in the toilet/shower area, no common room, hostel shut between 4am-6am so if you wanted to go clubbing or stay out later you were locked out until 6am. You had to pay an extortionate extra for lockers that didn't look particularly secure. DO NOT STAY HERE.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5