Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not fancy, and a little "rough around the edges" looking as it is in an old building, BUT it was clean, and the female-only dorm that I stayed in was spacious and felt very secure. Oh, and the location can't be beat- barely a five minute walk from the main bus/train station. Would stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2014

We had a room with a private bathroom. Shared kitchen was very well equipped, clean, with a small terrace with a nice view. Quiet hostel. Great location in the centre. Helpfull staff. Wifi free.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

There's no breakfast. There is no common area, so if you're a solo traveller you have to rely on luck to find nice people in your bedroom. There are only 5 toilets and they're right in front of the reception desk, so whoever is not at their room can see who comes in and comes out.

Was pleasantly surprised. 10 bed women's dorm was spacious and clean. It had a little kitchenette (but stove was out of order). Beds were comfy, and people were pretty considerate and not noisy late at night. Not in the heart of the red-light district, which was nice. Lockers in the room. Staff were a little unfriendly, but it didn't really matter. I would recommend this hostel.

Excellent location one minute walk from the main train station. Only a kettle and small fridge with a few cups, plates and cutlery but I overall thought it was great VFM for a weekend break.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It has a great location, minutes walk from the Central station and Red Light District. The bed and shower was ok, and there were lockers available for all of us. The only think that should be improved is that there is no hang out area, just two couches at the reception. Inspite of that, I would recommend this hostel to a friend.

• 10th Oct 2014

The 20 bed dorm is not as daunting as you think, very spacious. The beds are okay, my mattress had a dip in it but was okay. Kitchen is hilarious, it's literally a small fridge with a microwave and a kettle on top tucked away in the corner of the bathroom. Bathroom is kinda awkward as they are impossibly small and are right near reception. No real common area, just two sofas in reception. Had to eat our dinner in bed as there is no where to sit.

Stayed in the all-girls 10 bed dorm with ensuite. Even though there were 10 beds, there was a LOT of space to move around and enough for everyone to have personal space. There was even a balcony with a view of the street! The only thing was that it was a little dark in the dorm- a few more lights might have helped, especially in the shower. Staff was friendly and facilities were good. I would recommend this hostel! Great location, GREAT price!

Not the best hostel I stayed in but far from the worst. Generally clean, great location, expensive only when you compare it to places outside of amsterdam. Could use a common room but we enjoyed talking with the girls in our room. Great view from the room. Only the floor seemed less clean but we saw a woman clean the rooms one morning so the bathrooms are clean. I would stay here again unless I was looking for more of a party scene, but I wasn't so this was perfect this time.

• 4th Oct 2014

The staff where extreemly helpfull and friendly and so where the other guests. The only 2 improvements that I would like to recomend is; 1) some form of laundry service, instead of having to use an external company. 2) The bed I was staying in was positioned next to a vent (its not realy the hostels fault as the time of year does bring out the spiders), I was quite badly bitten several times and I think sealing or re-positioning the beds away from vents/gaps/cracks would be good.

• 3rd Oct 2014

me and my girlfriend have rent a private room with private bethroor!! beautiful room spacious and clean at six floor but it is not difficult to climb !! I want to return immediately in Aivengo Hostel !!! realy good time!! realy good and friendly personal!!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Best thing about this hostel is the location. No severe issues. Just the 4 flights of stairs. Friendly, helpful staff. Would stay again.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff are so nice- my friend left a purse there and they kept it for my friend for a week! The location of the hostel is very close to tourist spots. The room and the beds are fine. The only problem is that there are one toilet for 10-beds room. Highly recommend this hostel!

Location was great! people were friendly, only suggestion is to fix the fridge in the girls room 4th floor, there's no handle on it!

• 25th Sep 2014

For the price and location you can't really go wrong here, beds we're comfy and i slept very well considering it was a 20 bed dorm! I wouldn't have ever chosen such a large dorm, but it wasn't as awful as you think it might be. only thing the place is missing is a decent social area, but on the other hand you have the center of amsterdam on your doorstep. Would definitely be back for a trip on a budget.

There is no common room or place to engage with other travelers or hang out. Most notably, the staff tries to basically wake everyone up at 9 AM, turning on the light in the dorm and making sure the door stays open. When asked why, they gave no explanation.

• 24th Sep 2014

Shower was incredible. No cooking space.

• 23rd Sep 2014

i stayed at the 10 girls dorm room and the oven and the stove wasn't working there but otherwise the room was great!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Finland

the mattress was a real back killer (totally worn-down)!! they should not let people sleep on this! the hostel is very basic but clean and centrally located. it is ok when you are only in the hostel for sleeping, but please buy new matresses!

• 18th Sep 2014

I liked my staying in the hostel very much. The position in the centre was Great, the personal very disponible, and the Price very good

• 11th Sep 2014