Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

There is no common room or place to engage with other travelers or hang out. Most notably, the staff tries to basically wake everyone up at 9 AM, turning on the light in the dorm and making sure the door stays open. When asked why, they gave no explanation.

• 24th Sep 2014

Shower was incredible. No cooking space.

• 23rd Sep 2014

i stayed at the 10 girls dorm room and the oven and the stove wasn't working there but otherwise the room was great!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Finland

the mattress was a real back killer (totally worn-down)!! they should not let people sleep on this! the hostel is very basic but clean and centrally located. it is ok when you are only in the hostel for sleeping, but please buy new matresses!

• 18th Sep 2014

I liked my staying in the hostel very much. The position in the centre was Great, the personal very disponible, and the Price very good

• 11th Sep 2014

- bathroom is mixed, without door to enter - toilets are extremely small, showers as well - no bed linen, and of course unconfortable beds, but thatäs not the real problem.. - it closes from 4 to 6 am

Kept clean and neat, reasonably safe. A lot of people for one room, pretty bare bones, but more than enough for anyone travelling through amsterdam.

10 person girls dorm where great, with lots of space, and kept nice and clean. 20 person dorm was a little too crowded. Great place to stay if you are not planning on spending much time in the hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Norway

I stayed in a 10 bed female-only dorm and was overall quite happy. Beds were squeaky and I'm not sure how clean my sheets/pillow case were. Only one bathroom for 10 people but we made it work. I was able to share a plug-in with my neighbour to charge electronics. Wifi in room worked well. Free lockers were good too. Located close to Amsterdam Centraal Station which was quite handy.

Hostel in very good location, very clean and nice staff, all you can want in a hostel really.

• 4th Sep 2014

This place is reviewed badly online but I found it to be an absolutely great place to stay.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed in a female ensuite but do not understand why there was a male staff going through our dorm to another room almost every day. There were some group travellers who did not really talk with the others, so the atmosphere was yet to be very friendly during my stay.

It was a lot better than I was expecting. Our room was in the eaves and we had access to a kitchen and sitting room. It was very, very good. And the staff were very obliging with our needs.

• 1st Sep 2014

Terrible hostel! Okay, sleeping in a room with 19 other people is for sure not the most comfortable thing. But the mattresses were sagging terribly, the blanket was to small to cover oneself if you're not cuddling (and too thin during night). Furthermore we haven't seen the staff changing the blanket after a person's leaving. Also hygiene in general was very poor. There were four showers and four toilets for 40 people, without windows directly infront of the reception. There is no common area.

• 31st Aug 2014

Nice, clean hostel in a really good location,. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only problem is there's no common area, just a small couch in outside the bedrooms.

Myself and 3 friends stayed in the 10 bed female dorm and it was much better than we expected. Although, 1 shower between 10 girls wasn't exactly great and there was no door for the bathroom meant we had to get undressed in the shower which wasn't ideal. The room was clean and quite spacious and the hostel was in a relatively good location for getting to the city centre and museums.

Sheets were those horrible shiny ones. Mattress was awful and sagged in middle so really bad for back. Location was excellent

Victoria was lovely, whoever the guy was that took over from her on the 13th August was miserable as hell! Cheer up! It's a youth hostel! Also, my bed had a dip in it so it was fairly uncomfortable to sleep in and it made a lot of noise at the slightest movement. I doubt I'd stay here again if I went back to Amsterdam.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Basically the bare essentials of a hostel, providing enough to survive but not much more. No common space, only a microwave as a kitchen, and the room was stuffy. The location was awesome, in the centre of amsterdam, but I would happily fork out more money to stay somewhere with a better vibe that was further away. Would I stay there again? Not unless I had to

Don't expect much- staff were unhelpful and felt uneasy around them as were very rude to all guests. If you are in Amsterdam for the night life, the hostel closes from 4am to 6am. The staff in, they just don't let you in and in my case, I got to the door at 4.05am and was told to walk around for a couple of hours...he was not joking. Also no common area to relax, you feel constantly monitored and the room is stuffy beyond belief. DON'T STAY!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5