Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice, clean hostel in a really good location,. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only problem is there's no common area, just a small couch in outside the bedrooms.

• 27th Aug 2014

Sheets were those horrible shiny ones. Mattress was awful and sagged in middle so really bad for back. Location was excellent

Victoria was lovely, whoever the guy was that took over from her on the 13th August was miserable as hell! Cheer up! It's a youth hostel! Also, my bed had a dip in it so it was fairly uncomfortable to sleep in and it made a lot of noise at the slightest movement. I doubt I'd stay here again if I went back to Amsterdam.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

Basically the bare essentials of a hostel, providing enough to survive but not much more. No common space, only a microwave as a kitchen, and the room was stuffy. The location was awesome, in the centre of amsterdam, but I would happily fork out more money to stay somewhere with a better vibe that was further away. Would I stay there again? Not unless I had to

Don't expect much- staff were unhelpful and felt uneasy around them as were very rude to all guests. If you are in Amsterdam for the night life, the hostel closes from 4am to 6am. The staff in, they just don't let you in and in my case, I got to the door at 4.05am and was told to walk around for a couple of hours...he was not joking. Also no common area to relax, you feel constantly monitored and the room is stuffy beyond belief. DON'T STAY!

Great Location Offers What It Says On The Tin Really...

The location is ideal and the staff were polite and helpful. Would stay there again!

• 7th Aug 2014

Stayed in the private double. Absolutely amazing. Huge space, private bathroom, great views - all in a very authentic 400 year old attic.

Parking was offered in the services, which made me pick this hostel. Only at arrival I realized that a P+R outside Amsterdam was ment, which is the same as for other hostels. If you're just looking for a place to sleep at night, the hostel is sufficient, but that's it

• 6th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a good location, walking distance to the train station! However the staff were very unhelpful and didn't crack a smile between them the 3 nights we stayed! Made you feel very unwelcome!

much better than i had hoped. 10 girls in one room and all my roommates are quiet people. Toilet very clean. fridge in the room.

The guy that receive us was unpleasant and not accomodating. The rooms of 20 people were smelly (no windows nor aerations) and we only had blankets (no sheets) that had already been used by all our predecessors. Furthermore, the kitchen space is inexistent.

• 31st Jul 2014

Absolutely would NEVER EVER recommend staying here. Worst atmosphere I've ever experienced in a hostel, extremely rude staff, the 'kitchen' was in the toilet/shower area, no common room, hostel shut between 4am-6am so if you wanted to go clubbing or stay out later you were locked out until 6am. You had to pay an extortionate extra for lockers that didn't look particularly secure. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Very expensive and unpolite hostel, stay away!!!!

GOOD (beautiful room, brilliant view) BAD (our oven was broken but, to be fair, we did have a microwave available)

Nice place in an ancient building, not far from the railway station, we were in the 10 beds female dormroom, and all was fine, even if one bathroom/ shower is a little short for 10 girls...

This hostel is in the perfect location. We stayed in a 10-bed female as a group of 3. There's only one shower/toilet for the whole room, but there is a fridge, stove & microwave. There were lockers as well and enough outlets for everyone to charge their electronics. The balcony view was awesome and the wifi worked perfectly. No air conditioning, so the balcony doors needed to be left open all night for any ventilation.

The room was very depressing, it was very dark and wet. The personal was very slovenly. They usually don't care about what happens in the room, for example: the first night a group of people interrupted in the room at 3'00 am showting and turning on the light and they didn't do anything to solve the problem.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

I got tonsillitis during my stay and the staff was amazingly helpful in finding me a doctor and ensuring I was comfortable and happy. An elevator would have been nice.

• 18th Jul 2014

I stayed in the 20 bed dorm. During my stay the PIN code at the entrance door was not working, so it could have been possible for anyone to enter. Lockers were available. The bathroom and shower was very clean and in a good condition, although it was very small and just with basic equipment. The location is absolutely perfect, located a few mins by foot next to the central station. All in all, a good value for money and I will go there again on my next Amsterdam trip!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5