Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2058 Total Reviews

Perfect location in the centre of everything you will likely visit while in Amsterdam. There wasn't much of a place to socialize with others in the hostel other than a couple of couches in the reception area. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and don't care too much about cleanliness and privacy than this is a perfect place to stay.

• 14th Aug 2015

20 bed dorm is well spaced out, but the lockers are pretty small. there are also barely any powerpoints, none of them in a convenient location, and it's often necessary to charge devices at reception. Bathrooms are basically located in reception, very awkward. Great location though, very central and convenient. Nice staff.

The location in the city was perfect. Super close to Centraal Station and the downtown area. Security was good and the hostel had some cool decorations. Felt that it could have been cleaner, and the towel they sold me was crusty.

• 5th Aug 2015

The staff is friendly and they play really good music. The hostel is very basic. The beds can and should be improved. My bad was very old as I could tell by the deep imprint in the mattress.

• 5th Aug 2015

Was a very nice female room...

Stayed in a 10 bed female loft room and it was brilliant! Such a good way to meet new people and the loft itself was perfect! The brilliant location made our stay in Amsterdam even better.

• 30th Jul 2015

Bed was horrible, it doesn't have a proper kitchen or a common place. High value for money.

The wifi was really weak, the showers were dirty, and there was no kitchen.

Location is great, but upon arrival we were shown what room we were in but not told we had certain beds. I fell asleep on what i thought was my bed and was awoken by another staff member who was rude and angry for his college's mistake. This is not good value for money, two plug sockets between 20 people. Much better hostels in Amsterdam.

I had a fabulous time staying at Aivengo Hostel for three nights in Amsterdam! I stayed in a 10-bed female dorm and had the opportunity to meed lots of girls from all over. I felt safe leaving my stuff by my bed but it was handy to have lockers in the room as well. The staff helped me find a lot of great places to visit and would totally recommend staying here to anyone visiting Amsterdam!

I was was only here to sleep, but it was a great value for the money. Quick walk from Centraal (arrived at night) was the main reason for my choice. Wifi worked great, beds were comfy, only one shower but you get what you pay for!

The rooms are quite dark and dingy. It is in the red light district area. The blankets were clearly very old and I don't think are changed or washed between different stays. The security was good as there was a passcode on the door and someone at the desk 24/7. The loos, showers and sinks overlook reception which is a bit odd and you feel a lack of privacy. I have stayed in far better hostels around the world. There also is no communal area, and the fridge is next to the sinks and loos.

• 18th Jul 2015

The security wasn't the best considering some of the lockers had been ripped open. My friend and i both had rashes or bites from the beds so they would need to look into that maybe bin the mattresses. the only place to charge your phone was at the other end of the room which was stupid and there wasn't enough space to have everyone's phone charging which is fairly poor. Location was superb and the staff were nice while value for money was average when everything is considered but not bad.

• 16th Jul 2015

This place was just kind of average- the good and the bad werent extrordinary. The staff was nice enough, the place wasnt dirty, although inthe girls dorms (10) the room was a little big frayed. But I would totally reccomend it, the room was beautiful with a cool window view. I felt pretty safe as well.

It would be nice to have a common room where the guests could stay and talk and play games.

• 13th Jul 2015

Kitchen isn't really much of a kitchen. it's in the same room as showers and bathrooms so that's a little weird. Curfew sucks, 4-6 am, but not a massive hindrance. I'd go here last resort.

Aivengo Hostel have the rudest staff I have ever seen. The hostel closes the front door at 4am and only open at 6am, if the guest wants to leave or enter is not allowed, basically you are paying to stay outside or stuck in. The beds make much noise, there are no enough power outlets in the bedrooms for charging mobile. Complain about something, the owner of the hostel simply tells you grab your bag and go, and refuses to return the money paid. Do not recommend even if it's the last hostel there.

• 10th Jul 2015

Dear customer, hostel is open 22 of 24 hours, we have the shortest curfew in a city. You were very problematic customer, thats why you were told to leave, it has nothing to do with our hostel.

very open space in the dorm that allows people to communicate with one another, and very friendly staff.

• 10th Jul 2015

Limited plugs to charge accessories/mobiles, very good wifi. Showers and toilets very clean & warm.

Good stay, nothing awesome about the place. We had a good group staying in the room so that made if for us. Kind of an odd set up, the bathrooms and "kitchen" are right where the reception is. Don't plan on making any food in there kitchen because its only a microwave.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5