Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2067 Total Reviews

The 10 bed female dorm was spacious, with a lot of light, and table to sit out and eat/read in the sunshine. There is only 1 bathroom and toilet, which was clean, and had plenty of hot water, but is not convenient for a room with 10 women. I didn't use the kitchen facilities, the stove was out of order, but there is a large fridge. Lockers and towel included. Helpful staff. Overall a good experience.

Worst hostel ever! The girls dorm is OUTSIDE the hostel . To get there you have to exit the hostel and go to the next building and after climbing 5 floors (no elevator) you get to the dorm without any common area. We booked for the 10 dorm because it said it had a kitchen but it was a total lie, the only thing it had was an electric boiler and a stinky fridge that we could't use because of the bad smell (the "kitchen" only had 1 knife, 1 fork and so on). Also 1 shower and 1 wc is not enough.

The location of the hostel was great, pretty central to everything. The only thing that bothered me was that the floor seemed really dirty and I saw some dead bugs throughout my stay. I would like to mention something really odd: I booked an all female dorm and a few times a man came from a 'private' door into our dorm and then exited through our front door. It was very strange and the ladies and took us all by surprise whenever it happened.

standard definitely lower than expected from pictures on homepage during rain: water dropping into bathroom ugly black mold on the ceiling of bathroom another locked entrance into sleeping room (security??) safe boxes damaged / not working door into bathroom couldn´t be closed without loud noise no window to be opened in the rooms beds unkomfortable (old)

• 26th Aug 2015

The staff were lovely and would try and do anything to help you.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Good for what was needed - a bed and place to wash - given we were out most of the time but could have been cheaper for what it was

Perfect location in the centre of everything you will likely visit while in Amsterdam. There wasn't much of a place to socialize with others in the hostel other than a couple of couches in the reception area. If you're just looking for a place to sleep and don't care too much about cleanliness and privacy than this is a perfect place to stay.

• 14th Aug 2015

20 bed dorm is well spaced out, but the lockers are pretty small. there are also barely any powerpoints, none of them in a convenient location, and it's often necessary to charge devices at reception. Bathrooms are basically located in reception, very awkward. Great location though, very central and convenient. Nice staff.

Lovely clean and quiet hostel, not great for people looking to make traveling friends or go partying. the location was amazing though!

The location in the city was perfect. Super close to Centraal Station and the downtown area. Security was good and the hostel had some cool decorations. Felt that it could have been cleaner, and the towel they sold me was crusty.

• 5th Aug 2015

The staff is friendly and they play really good music. The hostel is very basic. The beds can and should be improved. My bad was very old as I could tell by the deep imprint in the mattress.

• 5th Aug 2015

Was a very nice female room...

Stayed in a 10 bed female loft room and it was brilliant! Such a good way to meet new people and the loft itself was perfect! The brilliant location made our stay in Amsterdam even better.

• 30th Jul 2015

Bed was horrible, it doesn't have a proper kitchen or a common place. High value for money.

The wifi was really weak, the showers were dirty, and there was no kitchen.

Location is great, but upon arrival we were shown what room we were in but not told we had certain beds. I fell asleep on what i thought was my bed and was awoken by another staff member who was rude and angry for his college's mistake. This is not good value for money, two plug sockets between 20 people. Much better hostels in Amsterdam.

I had a fabulous time staying at Aivengo Hostel for three nights in Amsterdam! I stayed in a 10-bed female dorm and had the opportunity to meed lots of girls from all over. I felt safe leaving my stuff by my bed but it was handy to have lockers in the room as well. The staff helped me find a lot of great places to visit and would totally recommend staying here to anyone visiting Amsterdam!

I was was only here to sleep, but it was a great value for the money. Quick walk from Centraal (arrived at night) was the main reason for my choice. Wifi worked great, beds were comfy, only one shower but you get what you pay for!

The rooms are quite dark and dingy. It is in the red light district area. The blankets were clearly very old and I don't think are changed or washed between different stays. The security was good as there was a passcode on the door and someone at the desk 24/7. The loos, showers and sinks overlook reception which is a bit odd and you feel a lack of privacy. I have stayed in far better hostels around the world. There also is no communal area, and the fridge is next to the sinks and loos.

• 18th Jul 2015

The security wasn't the best considering some of the lockers had been ripped open. My friend and i both had rashes or bites from the beds so they would need to look into that maybe bin the mattresses. the only place to charge your phone was at the other end of the room which was stupid and there wasn't enough space to have everyone's phone charging which is fairly poor. Location was superb and the staff were nice while value for money was average when everything is considered but not bad.

• 16th Jul 2015