Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1927 Total Reviews

The location was good but that's pretty much it. There were rats in the room! And after calling the fromt desk tbey simply said they knew and couldn't do anything ablout it. There was no hot water and the toilet light burst after the 2nd night and wasn't fixed until we left.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

The two dorms were closed with a code but both had the same code which is not very smart. Also there was not a real possibility to chat with the other travelers because there were only two sofas in front of the rooms and you could hear everything. We came by car and there were only the expensive Parking Spots in front of the hostel (5Euro/h). We parked at the P+R Zeeland like they told us but it cost a lot more than they told us. (72Euros for 3 days and not 8.50/day). But the location is amazing

My stay was pretty good. I didn't rly stay in the hostel all that much but it was not a bad place to sleep. The staff isn't very friendly but they are very helpful when you have any questions. I used the 12 bed coed room which was fine but there's only one power strip for all 12 people which can get annoying especially when you want to charge your phone while in bed. Overall I had an average experience.

• 10th Apr 2015

It is way too expensive for what you get! Its old and dirty in general (nasty underwear in the bathroom/ socks under the bed: They needed 2 days to remove it...) the "bathroom" is dirty and you really feel unconftable if you even have to brush your theets. No bathroomdoor, no privacy. The bed are noisy and the matratzes are so old. The "lockers" are just a joke. No one used them. All in all, one of the worst hostel i ever stayed and i saw a few.. the location is not to bad and the few is lovely

Dear customer, we are one of the cheapest hostels in Amsterdam. Regarding 'nasty underwear' - its difficult to remove things in a dorm as its a belong to someone, so cleaners have to be very creative to avoid comments like 'ohw, my things got removed'. Mattresses are one year old, what is not that old. Thank you

Would definitely stay again in the same room we had and with the same hostel company.

• 9th Apr 2015

The dorm has only one little window, and one light. There is no kitchen only a fridge. Security is very bad. Sanitary is ok, the location, too.

The experience was terrible for us. The only good thing is the location. We paid 76 Euros for a double room, when we came in the room, the bathroom was dirty and the previous guest's towels were on the floor, the shower was broken, there was no lights or lamps near the bed, the radiators were broken, the sink was broken. .

• 7th Apr 2015

Dear Customer, You've arrived early and asked to leave your luggage in a room and go to explore the city. So its really strange to write that room wasnt ready. We also dont understand what you mean with 'all in a bathroom was broken'. But thanx anyway

We (3 ladies and myself) felt very welcome at the Aivengo Hostel. The Staff was kind and very helpful. We had the room "15a" alone for us. I was surprissed how big it actually was. Everything was clean. After a long days in Amsterdam we enjoyed the calmness of the appartment. A sign is asking you being kind to the neighbours (not to hang around infront of the building/being noisy). So we had our parties in the city :-) We left a small present for the next guest. Hopefully they enjoyed it :-)

• 6th Apr 2015

Do not have kitchen. Do not have outlet to everyone. The light of the room are turn on at nine o'clock for " remember the guests to leave". Who is not leaving is wake up too So you can't sleep until the time you want. The lockers are too small.

This hostel was definitely not the cleanest/nicest place I've ever stayed, there was no common room and the rooms of 20 people suck. Also no facilities really, just beds and bathrooms/showers. Good location though. Overpriced for what it provides in my opinion, but hey, if it is still the cheapest place you can find maybe it is worth it?

I really liked the all female dorm, except there is only one bathroom for all 10 girls. It was a slight inconvenience, but did not cause too much of a problem.

Everything was great... Except for the fact that there was a €20 key deposit when you checked in. I wouldn't have minded, except for the fact that it wasn't anywhere on your website. I was really blind sighted by it, and I needed those €20 for food.

• 30th Mar 2015

Close to train station and city center. The beds were really comfy and the shower was great. There wasn't really a common area but fine if you just want to sleep. It was a little weird that a random guy just showed up and could get into the all female dorm but it wasn't really a problem, just strange. Overall, pretty good stay.

Pictures really different from reality.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Really good location, besides that not much. Beds were average, bathrooms were average. No common room or anywhere to hang out except the lobby. Only place i met people was in the room itself

We had MICE in our room! I guess this can happen anywhere but it meant we had to top&tail on the top bunks & we got little sleep! The staff were friendly enough but us being scared by mice left us feeling like not enough was being done. We were given 1 trap on our first night & to be fair it was 2am when we saw them&complained so not much could be done. The next day we were given more traps & by our 3rd night were told potential mouse holes had been filled. Still, it dampened our experience :(

Dear customer, thanks for your review, as we've realized mice came from outside. We've inspected the entrance and closed that little hole, so it shouldn't happen again. Anyway sorry about it :)

Good and cheap place to stay. Near to everywhere!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

It was a good, quiet hostel for a weekend in Amsterdam. One thing to bear in mind is that there are no sockets by the beds but only a few ones by the doors to the dorms. This means you have to attend your device when it's charging.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Greece

I have enjoyed my stay at The Aivengo Hostel very much. The members of staff of this hostel, are excellent with their customer service and I have enjoyed their company. This hostel is in an excellent location and is within walking distance to the tourist zone. In addition, the restaurants plus other eating establishments, pubs, bars, coffee shops and a supermarket, are also situated nearby. I have recommended The Aivengo Hostel to my friends in the UK for their future visit to Amsterdam.

Very nice, near the centre, shops, bike rentals and the station so perfected location and very secure with daily cleaning

« first « Prev 1 2 3