Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pictures really different from reality.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

We had MICE in our room! I guess this can happen anywhere but it meant we had to top&tail on the top bunks & we got little sleep! The staff were friendly enough but us being scared by mice left us feeling like not enough was being done. We were given 1 trap on our first night & to be fair it was 2am when we saw them&complained so not much could be done. The next day we were given more traps & by our 3rd night were told potential mouse holes had been filled. Still, it dampened our experience :(

Dear customer, thanks for your review, as we've realized mice came from outside. We've inspected the entrance and closed that little hole, so it shouldn't happen again. Anyway sorry about it :)

Good and cheap place to stay. Near to everywhere!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

I have enjoyed my stay at The Aivengo Hostel very much. The members of staff of this hostel, are excellent with their customer service and I have enjoyed their company. This hostel is in an excellent location and is within walking distance to the tourist zone. In addition, the restaurants plus other eating establishments, pubs, bars, coffee shops and a supermarket, are also situated nearby. I have recommended The Aivengo Hostel to my friends in the UK for their future visit to Amsterdam.

Very nice, near the centre, shops, bike rentals and the station so perfected location and very secure with daily cleaning

Nothing really to add. Just not much of a common area, but that's not easy to fix. It was a nice place to stay, and the price was great for what it was.

Staff were rude, atmosphere was bad. Wouldn't recommend it for the price

• 13th Mar 2015

Dear customer, personal issues has nothing to do with general atmosphere and staff friendliness, but thanks anyway

I stayed two nights in female dorm. It's on the fifth floor so keep in mind there's a lot of stears, especially if you have a heavy suitcase. The atmosphere was a bit dull, there were only three people in the whole dorm. The good side is you have a hughe room almost for yourself... :) Location of the hostel is a big plus! I would sugest putting a door in the bathroom!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

The rooms smelled very bad, there were no windows in a 20 person room.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Dear guest, its not a room what smelled that day and you know it. We are openning windows for ventilation and usually it doesnt smell, but thanks anyway.

Great hostel; very helpful and friendly staff that will happily give you directions or charge your phone behind the reception desk. This hostel is also in an excellent area, within ten minutes walking-distance to the red light district or other popular areas for tourists. The central team station is a five minute walk away. Great hostel, will stay again if I find myself back in Amsterdam.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Awesome location and very nice looking inside. Staff was polite and helpful but not super welcoming. The only part I disliked was the bathroom situation. The bathrooms were very tiny and the doors didn't lock, there were 2 sinks and nowhere to put your stuff. It was just not well equipped for the large number of people staying there in terms of the bathroom area. But overall I would definitely recommend that someone stay here.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Yeah, sorry about locks, we were replacing it for the new ones, so thats why. All is working now :)

An overall satisfactory experience. It is what you make of it, there is no common room, so the people who are in your room are the people you'll be socializing with. Otherwise the bed was comfortable and the shower warm.

I selected this hostel for its cheaper prices and I was really surprised! The room was clean, shiny and comfortable. there were a fridge and a microwave oven in the bedroom. oh, and the most important for me: you have to walk only 10 min ( really slowly) to find the hostel from the central station.

• 27th Feb 2015

Location is great. If all you care about is finding a bed for the night, its great. Otherwise, find someplace else.

Staffs are not kind,and there was dirty.

There is not chilling room and the staff is very rude

Friendly staff, conveniently priced for backpackers, and great location.

I wish there was actually a bathroom door to separate the bathroom from the bedroom. There was just a plastic screen, that did not even pull all the way across the door. As for cleanliness, I wish I could rate it higher but there was a mouse in the room. The positives were the kitchen at the top level that was very modern, the luggage storage and 24 hr reception. Location was not bad either. Close to the station with excellent directions on the website.

• 12th Feb 2015

Great hostel with lovely staff Helped out when was in need and advised on where to go in Amsterdam. 100% coming back in the future

• 12th Feb 2015

Saved a lot of money staying here. It was clean enough and had facilities enough. The staff were very professional and helpful here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4