7.6
Very Good 2,345 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 2,345 Total Reviews
Aivengo Hostel Located at Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam
76% 2345
52.3772234 4.8940229
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
4.9

Location is great, however we were let down by the atmosphere, facilities and staff. We were a group of ten young guys away for a weekend to enjoy Awakenings Festival. It is understandable that the staff may be cautious given our age demographic and we were on a 'party' type holiday, however they came across as blatantly rude which was very off putting. Despite us behaving mannerly, the bald man in particular was very rude to us. Would not recommend for young travellers hoping to have fun.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016
5.1

So the first thing, the room was up six flights of stairs and no lift and nowhere did it say there was no lift. So we had to carry our suitcases up six flights of stairs. I have a bad back so my boyfriend had to do two trips. Then when we left I brought the key down and the girl gave us €20 without even saying thank you or anything. Then when we asked where we could leave our suitcases while we pick up our car, she said the dorm but obviously the dorm was not secure as people were in there.

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2016
4.9

Very close to the amsterdam central station. No advantage except that. Security is fair as I noticed there are gangster hang around. Facility is zero, none, and nothing! No kitchen no common room and you have to walk upstair for 5 floor if you are unlucky to be assigned to 5/F. It is cheap, but they charge 2.5times the hostel fee for friday, which is definity not worth in my opinion 20people mix dorm is a disaster. Noice keeps me awake for these nights in this hostel.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
8.0

I have limited Hostel experience but enjoyed my time at Aivengo Hostel. The staff were helpful and the room was large and had space for the 20 guests to move around and not feel like you were in one another's space or way. They kept the place clean. The only thing I wish would have been different is that there would be more outlets, there was only one power bar in the room. It worked well, but it just wasnt the most ideal situation.

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2016
8.0

The building felt very secure and overall the facilities were pretty clean. As others have mentioned, the stairs are steep and skinny. Probably best to not have a lot of luggage. I stayed in the female only dorm and felt very safe. Loved my stay here!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jun 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights in the female 12 person dorm. The room was bright and clean and didn't have bunk beds which was nice. There was one bathroom to share which got quite flooded and the room was four levels up which was quite a challenge with our luggage. The staff were not overly helpful but the great location near cafes shops and restaurants made up for that and the small kitchen with a broken stove top. Overall great stay :)

18th Jun 2016
7.4

20 bed dorm but really doesn't feel like it. Felt private enough for me. Room is not cluttered at all which is great. Lots of bathrooms, some showers, free wifi. Tad on the expensive side for a place that doesn't have a kitchen...beds and bath, that's it. However, very close to Amsterdam Centraal. Would recommend.

• England, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2016
8.0

Great location. The common areas were always very clean. The lockers are small (about 60x60x60 cm). Claims of renovated space do not apply to the 20x dorm, which was misleading. Only 2 outlets (with one power strip) for 20 people in one corner of the dorm. The staff was generally helpful, but when asked about the very noisy reception door flap that echoes loudly through the dorm, the receptionist's response was a shocking "There is nothing that can be done about it". Good for tight budgets.

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016

With this hostel, you are paying for location!! Do not expect a lot, or you WILL be disappointed. Go in expecting nothing, and you will be impressed. Nice, clean, open wood room with a huge window to leave open to let in the breeze. I was here by myself, so I mostly walked around the city all day and then came back to the hostel for rest breaks. As long as your standards of living aren't extremely high and you don't mind sharing a bathroom with 9 girls, you should be golden!

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Jun 2016
6.9

Can't complain about the location, very central and close to the train station. However there was only one charging point in a room of 20 which is not ideal and become very inconvenient. Limited showers and toilets considering the number of people who have to use them so this could also be a problem.