Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The room was very depressing, it was very dark and wet. The personal was very slovenly. They usually don't care about what happens in the room, for example: the first night a group of people interrupted in the room at 3'00 am showting and turning on the light and they didn't do anything to solve the problem.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Spain

I got tonsillitis during my stay and the staff was amazingly helpful in finding me a doctor and ensuring I was comfortable and happy. An elevator would have been nice.

• 18th Jul 2014

I stayed in the 20 bed dorm. During my stay the PIN code at the entrance door was not working, so it could have been possible for anyone to enter. Lockers were available. The bathroom and shower was very clean and in a good condition, although it was very small and just with basic equipment. The location is absolutely perfect, located a few mins by foot next to the central station. All in all, a good value for money and I will go there again on my next Amsterdam trip!!

Absolutely amazing!! The staff were exceptional and the room that myself and my girlfriend stayed in was like a 5 star hotel! Thank you for our fantastic stay! Much love!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Thank you! It was nice to meet you :))

Great location, very small cooking area.

If I had the choice again, I would probably choose somewhere else but it wasn’t awful. There was a pretty okay amount of space for the people in our room. Everyone had access to a small locker if they wished to use it. The beds were made for you and they swept and mopped everyday but it still smelled pretty bad. The bathrooms were like stalls with graffiti like I was in the bathrooms at a high school.The safety was awful - just an easy to guess code to get in the room.

The staff were great and the location, execllent! There was a random guy that came into the room mid mornings and disappeared into a back room and came back out at nights. Considering it was an all girls dorm, he didn't knock before entering and nobody knew who he was-was very sus. The floor/Lino was ripped, sheets had holes in them, there was no door to the shower and I have never slept in a bed that squeaked more.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

There are no 'random guys', its called staff and it can be male or female.

I really liked this hostel. Cool artwork on the walls in the room! The Russian guy at reception was cute

Couldn't love Aivengo more. Friendly, welcoming staff, basic facilities - somewhere to sleep, shower and keep things, and it's quite sociable. I travelled alone and stayed in the all female dorm room and met lots of people. It was surprisingly central - 5 minutes to Central Station, 15 to Dam Square, with shops surrounding it. Can be noisy during the weekends (street), going up 5 flights of stairs isn't ideal if you're carrying a lot of luggage - other than that, I'll definitely be returning.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay as the rooms themselves are so spacious and clean but it would be great if there was some sort of common room where all the guests at the hostel could socialise

Cool place, terrible roommates. But I guess thats what you get with a 20 bed dorm.

Unfortunately lockers are small. The hostel is in a very good location and its a good experience to stay there.

• 27th Jun 2014

Staff was very nice! No problema with lines to use the bathroom even considering the enourmous bedroom! They have just one plug to charge the whole room! So it's a dispute to find one to charge your eletronic devices. Besides that I recommend the hostel!! Very good

Only 2 plug points

Dear customer, there are a lot of extend cords which are for everyones use... Additional plugs are at the desk. Thank you!! :)

no air con but its in a great location the size of bathroom and shower room was a joke but its decent no one wanted to talk to each other and there was no way meeting new people

• 9th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

5 of us from the US stayed at this hostel and loved it. We chose the women's mixed dorm and it definitely was the way to go. The room was a huge loft with a giant window over looking Spuitstraat St. The location is perfect in the center of the city. 10/15 minute walk to Anne Frank/ Dam Square & many other attractions. This hostel is also super close to Grand Central Station which is great for travelers .The front desk tenant was so helpful & sweet, and we had free wifi. Room was cleaned daily.

• 5th Jun 2014

Perfectly adequate! Would stay here again. My friend and I were in the 10 bed female dorm and we had a great stay. Everyone else in the full room was very respectful and quiet. This isn't a party hostel, it's a place to sleep. I felt that everything was clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. I also liked that the female dorm is 10 separate beds, not bunk beds. The room is very large and felt airy. It even has a nice little balcony too! As a heads up, there is a red light corner nearby

Great experience at Aviengo Hostel. The staff was very kind and helpful throughout my stay. The hostel is in a great location, and the beds were very comfortable. Overall, a great stay that satisfied all my needs.

• 29th May 2014

There is a room which is very big and close to the street, so depending on your bed it is very noisy. The bed is also very bad, there is a tube in the middle of it so you can feel it even with the mattress when you are sleeping. The baths are cleaned constantely so they are very clean. The shower is aslo private (there is a door for each shower and each bathroom). The location is good because it is very close to the central station.

Overall a good place to stay.... Clean and safe. Good location and the bar nextdoor is cool Staff were not overly friendly but were by no means rude either.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4