Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

All girls 10 bed dorm (even though there are really 12 beds?) was good. No bunk beds which was great. Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, kettle, all utensils and some left food in the cupboard. 1 bathroom in the room which could be a problem for some, though there are more showers and toilets downstairs in the reception building (it's just next door). Free use of computers. I liked this place, the dorm felt homely and you could get everywhere by foot at any time of day or night.

• 8th Nov 2014

Great location, and very cheap price. I was a bit nervous about staying in a 20 Bed Mixed Dorm, but its really not that bad. There are lockers to rent, it's free, and then you just pay a deposit for the key. Bathrooms were quite tiny, I was too scared to take a shower, because the showers looked sketch. Staff did their job, were not overly friendly. I would recommend this hostel to those who are on a budget, want a GREAT location (red light district), and just need a place to sleep.

I really liked my stay in Aivengo Hostel. The room was nice and clean. Even if there's only one bathroom for the whole room, it was ok! And the location was perfect!

Good location, but there was mold in the bathroom

Its a great place to tour Amsterdam from.. Staff was nice. Little messy and large dorms but that helps u meet people. the lack of a common room and a curfew were the downers.. Rest all good for me.. :-)

The hostel was in a great location! My issue with the hostel was that the all girls female dorm is on the 4th floor, and there was no elevator. Also, the all girls female dorm smelled. I also did not like the fact that the lockers were so small in the dorms, because I could not fit all of my belongings in it.

• 30th Oct 2014

Stayed in all girls dorm-was not full for both nights I stayed. Thought I would have to spend a night alone. Fairly old building with narrow stairs and uneven floors. Balcony door couldn't close fully so there was a chill in the room but blankets were fine. Washroom was okay. For some reason, for both nights I stayed, there was a man who I presume works there, who entered and exited the room without knocking or anything, to another room connected via the all girls room. Strange.

A hostel with a great location and the cleanest facilities I've seen yet compared to previous hostel experiences. It was nice to stay in such a centrally located area and the 20-person dorm is relatively safe (I was nervous at first but I encountered no issue and met some very interesting people!).

• 24th Oct 2014

Nice place to stay, especially for the cost. 20 people in one room is a bit much but it's easy to get over with earplugs. Overall the staff was nice and professional. There's a curfew at 4am but I didn't find that to be a problem at all. The showers are my biggest complaint. There's very limited room and we're very clean.

Excellent place to stay, staff helpful and friendly. No coffee lounge but plenty across the street to keep you amused in the early hours.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Hostel is ok. The staff is not great. The first one we met was a girl that checked us in, she was nice, but the other man that was there the rest of our stay really wasn't helplful nor nice. The room in itself was nice, even if the 10-beds girl's dorm turned out to be a 12 beds (11 permanent beds and on one night a girl was staying on a mattress on the floor). The bathroom was nice but a bit insufficient for 12 girls in the morning ! The kitchen is directly in the room. No commun area.

I stayed here on my own for three days, because I wanted to discover Amsterdam. The hostel was very good: few minutes walk from the railway station, clean towel every day, all right beds and bathroom... It was the cheapest hostel I could find so I didn't have high expectations, but I was very surprised in a positive way!

• 20th Oct 2014

Not fancy, and a little "rough around the edges" looking as it is in an old building, BUT it was clean, and the female-only dorm that I stayed in was spacious and felt very secure. Oh, and the location can't be beat- barely a five minute walk from the main bus/train station. Would stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2014

We had a room with a private bathroom. Shared kitchen was very well equipped, clean, with a small terrace with a nice view. Quiet hostel. Great location in the centre. Helpfull staff. Wifi free.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

There's no breakfast. There is no common area, so if you're a solo traveller you have to rely on luck to find nice people in your bedroom. There are only 5 toilets and they're right in front of the reception desk, so whoever is not at their room can see who comes in and comes out.

Was pleasantly surprised. 10 bed women's dorm was spacious and clean. It had a little kitchenette (but stove was out of order). Beds were comfy, and people were pretty considerate and not noisy late at night. Not in the heart of the red-light district, which was nice. Lockers in the room. Staff were a little unfriendly, but it didn't really matter. I would recommend this hostel.

Excellent location one minute walk from the main train station. Only a kettle and small fridge with a few cups, plates and cutlery but I overall thought it was great VFM for a weekend break.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It has a great location, minutes walk from the Central station and Red Light District. The bed and shower was ok, and there were lockers available for all of us. The only think that should be improved is that there is no hang out area, just two couches at the reception. Inspite of that, I would recommend this hostel to a friend.

The 20 bed dorm is not as daunting as you think, very spacious. The beds are okay, my mattress had a dip in it but was okay. Kitchen is hilarious, it's literally a small fridge with a microwave and a kettle on top tucked away in the corner of the bathroom. Bathroom is kinda awkward as they are impossibly small and are right near reception. No real common area, just two sofas in reception. Had to eat our dinner in bed as there is no where to sit.

Stayed in the all-girls 10 bed dorm with ensuite. Even though there were 10 beds, there was a LOT of space to move around and enough for everyone to have personal space. There was even a balcony with a view of the street! The only thing was that it was a little dark in the dorm- a few more lights might have helped, especially in the shower. Staff was friendly and facilities were good. I would recommend this hostel! Great location, GREAT price!