Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2031 Total Reviews

Had a great stay here in Amsterdam, luckily we were not in the shared room, we were in another separate house which we had to ourselves which was cleaner and didn't smell unlike the shared accommodation. Brilliant location!

Have better facilities for guest and don't require them to book 2+ nights.

• 19th Jun 2015

Pretty decent. Wifi was spotty. The hostel is super old and outdated, due to an old building. Location could be better but I suggest renting bikes it was something I'd do anyways.

Our room was very open and spacious. We had doors that opened to outside which was nice. Liquor stores and grocery store close by. Kitchen room so we could store food and late night on bagel bites. Beware of the neighbor who is an old man in an apartment. He made us turn down while we were trying to turn up.

A big dorm style hostel that, as with all of Amsterdam, is so overpriced for what you get. I just wanted to have a nice couple days in an awesome city but I end up having to pay so much that I had to limit myself everywhere else. If your ok with getting overcharged there really is nothing wrong with the hostel, beds weren't great but sleepable, could have done with a few more bathrooms and showers but I only found a wait a few times.

Excellent location and very close to the central station. Being 20 in a room was least my concern and it was quite safe place. The staff were nice and helpful (even though i didnt interact so much with them). The only inconvenience would probably be the location of the toilet and showers which made it a little uncomfortable. Probably there could be a separation from the reception area and the cabins.

Location was perfect, really easy to get everywhere! The directions to the hostel weren't great but one you find it its very easy to remember. Cleanliness was perfect and staff was friendly! The only thing is they charged me 55 euros for a Thursday night and claimed it was because it was the weekend. Other than that a wonderful place to stay with a great atmosphere!

Nice hostel. Stayed upstairs on the 4th floor. It was a 10 all girl bedroom but I felt like I had a lot of space. Big kitchen. However the stove was not working. Would stay again. Location is fantastic!

Great location. Close to the central station and there was a grocery story nearby as well. I stayed in 11 room dorm and it was well maintained, there was even a small kitchen there. The stove top didn't work but there was a microwave and plates and cutlery so it was super convenient to go to the store and bring stuff back.

There is staff posted at times in the hostel but the key codes to both rooms are never changed (you can see the numbers worn away) and the codes to both rooms are the same!! Codes should be different for either room and should be changed periodically. Also, there are no lights for each bed so one has to fumble in the dark when others are sleeping. Lastly, there is only one set of power strips in the room next to the door, which could be very far away from your bed.

thanks for the note, we do change key codes everytime though

The location is really great it takes 5 mins to walk from the central station, but the bathroom is not that good. To take this hostel, you have to stay with the bathroom without door. The room has private locker for everyone and the toilet is still good.

Nice room in a great location. Would have been nice to know that it is on the 6th floor with no lift, but this wasn't too much of a problem for us! Great to have access to the roof terrace and kitchen facilities.

could do With a blind/curtain in the window. Light fittings need fixing, rather than a piece of string No toilet roll holder- just a massive roll Shower curtain was filthy Bin had not been emptied from previous people Warn people about how high there room is before they come! Lol didn't bother me, but might some people. Our bottom sheet was ripped

• 8th Jun 2015

Aivengo has great location, but the way the hostel is set up is very awkward, and staying in a 20 person dorm for 18 euro per night (booked well in advance) is not a deal for the quality of the hostel. Same code for multiple rooms (and an open front door all day long) is not secure. (Plus 20 euro deposits for lockers...) beds were clean but that is the only positive. No inviting common area makes for no atmosphere and very little sleep since there is nowhere for people to go to socialize.

This hostel is in a great location for access to the station and also to walk around the city. We walked everywhere during our trip, not really any need for public transport from here. We stayed in 2 different dorm rooms over the 2 nights, both pretty much identical. There was a sort of drainy smell in room 4 but once the doors were opened it cleared quite quickly, the other room we stayed in was fine. Decent showers and beds.

Good value for money. Fantastic location.

• 26th May 2015

I spent 3 nights at AIvengo Hostel! It is 5minutes away from Central Station, close to many shops and restaurants, coffees, so perfecto location. Very clean room and good facilities, but there were only 1shower for 10 people and some roomates were noisy! Perfect temperature in the room + towels are free! Very helpful and nice staff that helped us get our directions, so at the end of the day SUPER happy with my choice, I would reccommend to everyone, awesome value for money!

• 24th May 2015

The hostel is located in the center of Amsterdam right next to the central railway station, which is perfect. We booked two beds in a 10-bed dorm but actually there were 11 beds. We had to share one bathroom with one toilet and shower only. Altough the bathroom and room were cleaned everyday, it always seemed dirty. The bathroom facitlities were very old and the light did not work (and wasn't fixed within 3 days although the staff checked the rooms daily).

• 21st May 2015
  • Switzerland

Note that there is no kitchen (just microwave and fridge). Not enough outlets for a 20-bed room, and it's located on the top of a set of lockers so short people cannot access the outlet without asking for help. Lockers are available and are sized for holding a laptop and small items. If you're looking for a place just to sleep, this is the spot for you, but it's not ideal if you're looking for a place with much of an atmosphere.

Great location next to the Red light district. The lounge area consisted of just 2 couches in front of reception. There is only one power strip at the entrance of the large dorm room for everybody. However they do provide free lockers and everything is clean enough.