Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2059 Total Reviews

Good stay, nothing awesome about the place. We had a good group staying in the room so that made if for us. Kind of an odd set up, the bathrooms and "kitchen" are right where the reception is. Don't plan on making any food in there kitchen because its only a microwave.

Well, the security was a single code pad has never been changed because it was worn into the keys very obviously and a receptionist that was either not there or not paying attention. There's a brothel down the street... The atmosphere was nonexistent. Absolutely no common area and big dimly lit rooms with people always sleeping. The cleanliness was good. Very expensive, especially on the weekends. Very small bathroom that was open to reception! Worst part

Big, clean dorm however the room had no air con during a heatwave so was incredibly hot. Wifi could be better

Really great and helpful staff, lovely room and location! Very chilled

The hostel was clean and an excellent location for a first time in Amsterdam. Only negative was that there was nowhere to socialise. Other than that, had a really enjoyable stay.

• 29th Jun 2015

Great location, tidy rooms and friendly staff. Could definitely do with more power outlets though!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

BED WAS TERRIBLE, COMPLETELY BOWED.

Great location to central station and walking distance to all the main sites. My room was very spacious and all the facilities were clean. Thank you for a great stay in Amsterdam!

Great location and at very cheap prices.. There's no entry to the hostel between 4am and 6am, so you have to plan your night out around this. No common area which means there is no atmosphere/getting to know you amongst guests which is what, I believe, the whole point of a hostel to be. The bathroom area isn't sectioned off so you can hear everything going on in there from reception. The staff seem pretty miserable; but i would be too if i had to spend all day listening to people take a dump.

Had a great stay here in Amsterdam, luckily we were not in the shared room, we were in another separate house which we had to ourselves which was cleaner and didn't smell unlike the shared accommodation. Brilliant location!

Have better facilities for guest and don't require them to book 2+ nights.

• 19th Jun 2015

Pretty decent. Wifi was spotty. The hostel is super old and outdated, due to an old building. Location could be better but I suggest renting bikes it was something I'd do anyways.

Our room was very open and spacious. We had doors that opened to outside which was nice. Liquor stores and grocery store close by. Kitchen room so we could store food and late night on bagel bites. Beware of the neighbor who is an old man in an apartment. He made us turn down while we were trying to turn up.

A big dorm style hostel that, as with all of Amsterdam, is so overpriced for what you get. I just wanted to have a nice couple days in an awesome city but I end up having to pay so much that I had to limit myself everywhere else. If your ok with getting overcharged there really is nothing wrong with the hostel, beds weren't great but sleepable, could have done with a few more bathrooms and showers but I only found a wait a few times.

Excellent location and very close to the central station. Being 20 in a room was least my concern and it was quite safe place. The staff were nice and helpful (even though i didnt interact so much with them). The only inconvenience would probably be the location of the toilet and showers which made it a little uncomfortable. Probably there could be a separation from the reception area and the cabins.

Location was perfect, really easy to get everywhere! The directions to the hostel weren't great but one you find it its very easy to remember. Cleanliness was perfect and staff was friendly! The only thing is they charged me 55 euros for a Thursday night and claimed it was because it was the weekend. Other than that a wonderful place to stay with a great atmosphere!

Nice hostel. Stayed upstairs on the 4th floor. It was a 10 all girl bedroom but I felt like I had a lot of space. Big kitchen. However the stove was not working. Would stay again. Location is fantastic!

Great location. Close to the central station and there was a grocery story nearby as well. I stayed in 11 room dorm and it was well maintained, there was even a small kitchen there. The stove top didn't work but there was a microwave and plates and cutlery so it was super convenient to go to the store and bring stuff back.

There is staff posted at times in the hostel but the key codes to both rooms are never changed (you can see the numbers worn away) and the codes to both rooms are the same!! Codes should be different for either room and should be changed periodically. Also, there are no lights for each bed so one has to fumble in the dark when others are sleeping. Lastly, there is only one set of power strips in the room next to the door, which could be very far away from your bed.

thanks for the note, we do change key codes everytime though

The location is really great it takes 5 mins to walk from the central station, but the bathroom is not that good. To take this hostel, you have to stay with the bathroom without door. The room has private locker for everyone and the toilet is still good.