Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice, clean and cheap hostel. Close to everything ;)

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel was really great! We were very warmly welcomed. The room was really big and very clean. The bathroom was incredible!

• 17th Feb 2014

My only issue was the moutain of narrow and steep stairs to get to our room. 6floors of spiral like stairs are a killer to climb when ur rather tipsy ;-)

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Wales

I stood in the 20 bed dorm and I like my experience very much. The room was very big so the 20 people had some space to move around and also the decoration was very nice. The showers and toilets very clean and the hostel is very weel situated just near by the central station.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Few toilets for so many people. Not so well located as I thought.

We are located next to the Dam what is central square!! But thanx anyway :)

Your Hostel is very nice, but the shower in room B under the roof doesn't work properly. Someone should take care of this.

• 6th Feb 2014

Thanx, we will take care of it!!

stayed 2 nights in a 4 bed private room. has private bathroom. really nice for the price. great location.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

the room is very cool. we are from russia yet we still feel cold in the room. i suggest put some portable heater and some carpets on the floor. All and all, everything else is perfect.

Good things: Excellent location, kind staff and suitable place to socialize with other people. Bad things: Baths and things smell a bit damp, no everyday cleaning, i didn't feel comfortable in bed. No plugs close to beds, for 22 people room, just 2 plugs which is senseless.

Perfect location, friendly and welcoming staff and I will definitely be coming back!

• 7th Jan 2014

Well localized and nice decoration. Common toilets for everyone, but I didn't have to wait to use. The staff on the first time was very gentle and helpful, on the other hand, in the morning everyone was rushed by an attendent which was in a very bad mood and we weren't even able to stay in the common area due to the cleaning, it was quite stressful. No kitchen, just a microwave and some appliances next to the wc's. The rest was ok.

Passed through this hostel a few times before, always found it a good place to stay, beds were very clean and fresh and showers are good also, discovered they had an upstairs part of the hostel this time which was smaller than the main part of the building, you'll also notice there are these massive beams which appear to take the weight of the structure of the buildings it's possible these are the same as when they were originally constructed back in 1630. Nice place, Would recommend.

We stayed in a mixed dorm which was ok, the only problem was that some of the walls and some of the dorm was dirty- there was chewing gum stuck onto the wall next to my bed and some of the room mates were really loud....... which is to be expected in a room full of 20 people.

Best hostel ever!!!

• 2nd Jan 2014

It's not worth the price. The hostel closes from 4 am until 6 am, during this time you can't go inside de hostel. They say everything closes at 1, not true, I saw myself leaving the party earlier because I didn't want to be lock outside, it was very cold. Everything looks durty and smells bad. No comum area, no kitchen, no place to charge phones, jus 2 wall outlets in a room with 22 people. I have been to amsterdam earlier and I can say this hostel can break the fun of the place.

Dear customer, we are one of the cheapest hostels in Amsterdam and our curfew is just two hours what is pretty decent.

Absolutely fantastic stay ! warm comfortable cosy beds ! Although I would have liked more socket points in the walls please! 2 plugs are not adequate for 20 people to share ! If at all possible place sockets by beds !?

• 2nd Jan 2014

It will be great to organize some (night) activities promoted by the hostel

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Spain

there is no good atmosphere as you will find in most hostels because there is no living room where everyone can meet or no events organized to make people meet but other than that, everything is perfect. the room is clean and spacious and so well located ! I will recommend this hostel to any of my friends who would like to spend a few days in Amsterdam regardless what they want to do - shopping, clubbing, sightseeing - !

Extremely friendly and helpful Staff; I wish I had known that there is no living room there :P aprat from that, all great! Thank you!!

Aivengo is a quite well located hostel.I stayed with a friend for 2 nights,and we were satisfied.There were no special safety facilities for your luggage.Everything there was a safe,where you should leave as a deposit 10 euros in the reception and use the key until you go away.In general it was a good hostel.One annoying thing was the curfew between 4 and 6 am,which make you rush back to the hostel,in the chance of being locked out up to 6 am,one thing you should really bear in mind..