Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel has everything you need but it's quite expensive. The location is great as it's a 5 min walk from Centraal Station and you can walk to some main attractions. Hostel lacks a friendly, warm atmosphere.

The location is great. However, the hostel is a bit old. There is no lounge area. I stayed in the female dorm and the shower was a bit crowded in the morning since there were more than 8 of us but just one shower. My bed was not close to any plugs. The staff was very kind and friendly.

The only thing I liked from Aivengo Hostel was that the bathrooms were clean and the staff members were nice to us. But, the Hostel's reception/ living room is too small and uncomfortable. Although I was staying in a 22-beds room, I think they can be rearrange, somehow, in a more organized way, so it would give a more private appearance. In addition, there is only ONE plug for the 22 beds, so it was impossible for me to charge my cel phone and my camera. OveralI, I don't recomend the hostel.

The staff was really good and helpfull, cosy place! If i go back to amsterdam i will deffenitly live there again!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

I found the bed comfortable the staffers helpful and it's in a good location.

They should communicate the hosts that they would be separated in two different rooms and if there is no possibility to change, do everything that's possible to help. They were really unpolite.

Dear customer, we try to put people into the same room, but sometime its impossible if hostel is full...

Five of us stayed in the female 10 bed dorm. A key was required to get into the room and the main door. We also had lockers so we always felt secure. Staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't hang out in the hostel much as we preferred to do our own thing so this place was ideal for what we needed. We would stay here again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Very good location only. Dirty facilities, bad atmosphere, no kitchen facilities.

Nice place, basic but exactly what you would expect for the price

Great place. Warm and cosy with sparks of vintage style. However there is only one plug for each dorm of 20 people which is not convenient and the lockers are quite small. Apart from them very nice conditions and clean to stay, easy access to many fun places in Ams.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Vietnam

Wonderful location (practically in the center). Safe area. Would stay again. Only warning is be ready to be fighting to keep your phone with battery since there are only four electrical outlets for 20 people.

• 6th Apr 2014

I stayed in the female dorm which is quite spacey and the beds are comfortable (you also have a small kitchen with a kettle and a microwave oven here).However, it´s kinda separated from the hostel and lack any atmosphere - no common room, the only time I have seen the staff was during check in and check out. I also have a feeling that the room was not cleaned during my stay (3 nights).We even have to remove sheets from our beds when we were leaving which is something I think the staff should do.

The room smelt so bad. There were no kitchens, the mugs were too dirty to use. The bed sheets seemed very worrying. Hostel staff barely spoke to us. They didn't give any guidance as in where to go and just seemed indifferent. People didn't talk to others in the same room. It was kinda depressing to live in. I know for the price probably we couldn't ask more, but maybe just some better sheets and a smile will make a difference.

Excellent location, nice view from the 4th floor!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Chile

Really colorfull place, the 20 people room only has a small window, so there is a lack of air circulation. Despite that, beds are really comfortable and the staff is really nice. There is no kitchen! Just a spot with a microwave.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

Really nice room, with a lot of space and private bathroom per room. It is located in a nice street, easy to find and near the train station. The staff was kind, friendly and helpfull. Really enjoyed my stay there, one of the best hostels I've ever been.

The location is great and it's a good place to stay if you don't need to cook and if you don't mind not having a comunal area.

I would still chose this hostel next time!

it was clean and near center i recommend it definitely

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Greece

My room was supposed to be a 10-bed room but there were 13 beds there on the first night I stayed. The building is quite old and there's no stove to use. But everything was quite clean and the location is perfect. Would recommend.