Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2007 Total Reviews

We (3 ladies and myself) felt very welcome at the Aivengo Hostel. The Staff was kind and very helpful. We had the room "15a" alone for us. I was surprissed how big it actually was. Everything was clean. After a long days in Amsterdam we enjoyed the calmness of the appartment. A sign is asking you being kind to the neighbours (not to hang around infront of the building/being noisy). So we had our parties in the city :-) We left a small present for the next guest. Hopefully they enjoyed it :-)

• 6th Apr 2015

Location is great, close to the city center and main train station is walking distance. The hostel itself was very disappointing, It is very old, facilities like plugs they just had a few in a room for 12 ppl, so we had switch all the time. Cleanness has a lot to improve, there was a microwave but it was not working. There were just 3 lamp tables to illuminate the whole room.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Do not have kitchen. Do not have outlet to everyone. The light of the room are turn on at nine o'clock for " remember the guests to leave". Who is not leaving is wake up too So you can't sleep until the time you want. The lockers are too small.

This hostel was definitely not the cleanest/nicest place I've ever stayed, there was no common room and the rooms of 20 people suck. Also no facilities really, just beds and bathrooms/showers. Good location though. Overpriced for what it provides in my opinion, but hey, if it is still the cheapest place you can find maybe it is worth it?

I really liked the all female dorm, except there is only one bathroom for all 10 girls. It was a slight inconvenience, but did not cause too much of a problem.

Everything was great... Except for the fact that there was a €20 key deposit when you checked in. I wouldn't have minded, except for the fact that it wasn't anywhere on your website. I was really blind sighted by it, and I needed those €20 for food.

• 30th Mar 2015

Close to train station and city center. The beds were really comfy and the shower was great. There wasn't really a common area but fine if you just want to sleep. It was a little weird that a random guy just showed up and could get into the all female dorm but it wasn't really a problem, just strange. Overall, pretty good stay.

Pictures really different from reality.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Really good location, besides that not much. Beds were average, bathrooms were average. No common room or anywhere to hang out except the lobby. Only place i met people was in the room itself

We had MICE in our room! I guess this can happen anywhere but it meant we had to top&tail on the top bunks & we got little sleep! The staff were friendly enough but us being scared by mice left us feeling like not enough was being done. We were given 1 trap on our first night & to be fair it was 2am when we saw them&complained so not much could be done. The next day we were given more traps & by our 3rd night were told potential mouse holes had been filled. Still, it dampened our experience :(

Dear customer, thanks for your review, as we've realized mice came from outside. We've inspected the entrance and closed that little hole, so it shouldn't happen again. Anyway sorry about it :)

Good and cheap place to stay. Near to everywhere!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

It was a good, quiet hostel for a weekend in Amsterdam. One thing to bear in mind is that there are no sockets by the beds but only a few ones by the doors to the dorms. This means you have to attend your device when it's charging.

I have enjoyed my stay at The Aivengo Hostel very much. The members of staff of this hostel, are excellent with their customer service and I have enjoyed their company. This hostel is in an excellent location and is within walking distance to the tourist zone. In addition, the restaurants plus other eating establishments, pubs, bars, coffee shops and a supermarket, are also situated nearby. I have recommended The Aivengo Hostel to my friends in the UK for their future visit to Amsterdam.

Very nice, near the centre, shops, bike rentals and the station so perfected location and very secure with daily cleaning

Nothing really to add. Just not much of a common area, but that's not easy to fix. It was a nice place to stay, and the price was great for what it was.

Staff were rude, atmosphere was bad. Wouldn't recommend it for the price

• 13th Mar 2015

Dear customer, personal issues has nothing to do with general atmosphere and staff friendliness, but thanks anyway

I stayed two nights in female dorm. It's on the fifth floor so keep in mind there's a lot of stears, especially if you have a heavy suitcase. The atmosphere was a bit dull, there were only three people in the whole dorm. The good side is you have a hughe room almost for yourself... :) Location of the hostel is a big plus! I would sugest putting a door in the bathroom!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

The rooms smelled very bad, there were no windows in a 20 person room.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Dear guest, its not a room what smelled that day and you know it. We are openning windows for ventilation and usually it doesnt smell, but thanks anyway.

Great hostel; very helpful and friendly staff that will happily give you directions or charge your phone behind the reception desk. This hostel is also in an excellent area, within ten minutes walking-distance to the red light district or other popular areas for tourists. The central team station is a five minute walk away. Great hostel, will stay again if I find myself back in Amsterdam.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Awesome location and very nice looking inside. Staff was polite and helpful but not super welcoming. The only part I disliked was the bathroom situation. The bathrooms were very tiny and the doors didn't lock, there were 2 sinks and nowhere to put your stuff. It was just not well equipped for the large number of people staying there in terms of the bathroom area. But overall I would definitely recommend that someone stay here.

Yeah, sorry about locks, we were replacing it for the new ones, so thats why. All is working now :)