Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not the best hostel I stayed in but far from the worst. Generally clean, great location, expensive only when you compare it to places outside of amsterdam. Could use a common room but we enjoyed talking with the girls in our room. Great view from the room. Only the floor seemed less clean but we saw a woman clean the rooms one morning so the bathrooms are clean. I would stay here again unless I was looking for more of a party scene, but I wasn't so this was perfect this time.

The staff where extreemly helpfull and friendly and so where the other guests. The only 2 improvements that I would like to recomend is; 1) some form of laundry service, instead of having to use an external company. 2) The bed I was staying in was positioned next to a vent (its not realy the hostels fault as the time of year does bring out the spiders), I was quite badly bitten several times and I think sealing or re-positioning the beds away from vents/gaps/cracks would be good.

• 3rd Oct 2014

me and my girlfriend have rent a private room with private bethroor!! beautiful room spacious and clean at six floor but it is not difficult to climb !! I want to return immediately in Aivengo Hostel !!! realy good time!! realy good and friendly personal!!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Best thing about this hostel is the location. No severe issues. Just the 4 flights of stairs. Friendly, helpful staff. Would stay again.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff are so nice- my friend left a purse there and they kept it for my friend for a week! The location of the hostel is very close to tourist spots. The room and the beds are fine. The only problem is that there are one toilet for 10-beds room. Highly recommend this hostel!

Location was great! people were friendly, only suggestion is to fix the fridge in the girls room 4th floor, there's no handle on it!

• 25th Sep 2014

For the price and location you can't really go wrong here, beds we're comfy and i slept very well considering it was a 20 bed dorm! I wouldn't have ever chosen such a large dorm, but it wasn't as awful as you think it might be. only thing the place is missing is a decent social area, but on the other hand you have the center of amsterdam on your doorstep. Would definitely be back for a trip on a budget.

There is no common room or place to engage with other travelers or hang out. Most notably, the staff tries to basically wake everyone up at 9 AM, turning on the light in the dorm and making sure the door stays open. When asked why, they gave no explanation.

• 24th Sep 2014

Shower was incredible. No cooking space.

• 23rd Sep 2014

i stayed at the 10 girls dorm room and the oven and the stove wasn't working there but otherwise the room was great!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Finland

the mattress was a real back killer (totally worn-down)!! they should not let people sleep on this! the hostel is very basic but clean and centrally located. it is ok when you are only in the hostel for sleeping, but please buy new matresses!

• 18th Sep 2014

I liked my staying in the hostel very much. The position in the centre was Great, the personal very disponible, and the Price very good

• 11th Sep 2014

- bathroom is mixed, without door to enter - toilets are extremely small, showers as well - no bed linen, and of course unconfortable beds, but thatäs not the real problem.. - it closes from 4 to 6 am

Kept clean and neat, reasonably safe. A lot of people for one room, pretty bare bones, but more than enough for anyone travelling through amsterdam.

10 person girls dorm where great, with lots of space, and kept nice and clean. 20 person dorm was a little too crowded. Great place to stay if you are not planning on spending much time in the hostel.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Norway

I stayed in a 10 bed female-only dorm and was overall quite happy. Beds were squeaky and I'm not sure how clean my sheets/pillow case were. Only one bathroom for 10 people but we made it work. I was able to share a plug-in with my neighbour to charge electronics. Wifi in room worked well. Free lockers were good too. Located close to Amsterdam Centraal Station which was quite handy.

Hostel in very good location, very clean and nice staff, all you can want in a hostel really.

• 4th Sep 2014

This place is reviewed badly online but I found it to be an absolutely great place to stay.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed in a female ensuite but do not understand why there was a male staff going through our dorm to another room almost every day. There were some group travellers who did not really talk with the others, so the atmosphere was yet to be very friendly during my stay.

It was a lot better than I was expecting. Our room was in the eaves and we had access to a kitchen and sitting room. It was very, very good. And the staff were very obliging with our needs.

• 1st Sep 2014