Aivengo Hostel Reviews

Spuistraat 6, Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Unfortunately, it's extremely noisy. The room facing the street should have a better noise isolation or, at least, any isolation.

everything are good except that we live a street apart from the hostel. There are no curtain for the inner door so the neighbor can actually look inside the room when they going upstairs. no hair dryer as well. the room was very cold (colder than outside) but there are no heater available according to the staff? overall is a good stay, and we enjoy the city very well.

• 17th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Actually there is nothing special thing except the location. It takes only 5 mintes from central station. Staff at front desk exactly do what he had to do neither kind or rude. I stayed in 20mix dorm and it smelled bad but can be bearable.

22 beds in a dorm... Cheap, gets the job done. Staff was friendly, shitters are tiny, but I'm also a large American.

I stayed with my friend in the 10 female dorm and it was spacious. There is a bathroom, a kitchen with microwave and fridge in the dorm. Wifi is strong in the room. The location of the hostel is excellent and it is just five minutes away from the station and easy to locate.

• 13th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

it wasn´t what I expected... the facilities can be bad, I can handle that, but I don´t know what is wrong with the staff, maybe they were too tired, because they were not bad, but they weren´t friendly at all...

• 9th May 2014

Cheaper, clean, nearby tourist spots

From all the hostels I have stayed, this is the worst. Price is abaurdly high (I paid 45 euros per night) and quality is way too poor. Cleanliness is too poor, bed sheets look like they have been around for 20 years and they wash them every 2 months. There is just 2 rooms of 20 people and 4 toilets and 4 showers for all of them. I have to say that is well located and staff try to be helpful.

Our hostel is much bigger and prices are reasonable comparing to other places. Your credit card wasnt working but you dont have to blame us for it. Thanks anyway

Average for a hostel but price is far too high for what you get

Just 2 electric sockets in room for 20 people :(

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Russia

We have a lot of additional sockets at the reception area

Great location, good staff. Atmosphere was slightly lacking with little to no common area, but taking a few steps out into the city fixed that.

The staff are unfriendly and rushed me out before the check out time

Rooms with bad ventilation. The cushions have a V format, maybe they should need to be changed. But it´s very good located and fair price.

Very good hostel for the price. Clean and I loved the individual beds. Never felt worried for my stuff. The only thing it may be improved is to have a door in the showers so people can sleep without being bother with the noise.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Chile

The location of this hostel is spot on! It is very near to Amsterdam Centraal and places of attraction is within walking distance which is very, very convenient. The staffs are very helpful and friendly.

I stayed in a 10-bed female dorm that was in a building next to the hostel. The room was spacious w/ lockers, kitchen, and a bathroom. There were plenty of outlets for everyone to use. We had french doors that opened up to a balcony overlooking the street. The staff was very helpful. My one gripe was that there was an unsavory odor in the area around my bed. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the floor or the wall or my mattress. Great location, close to everything.Overall a good experience!

• 20th Apr 2014

The hostel was good but it was really expensive considering it was quite old. The booking requirement for minimum of 3 nights even though I stayed only 2 nights was unfair. Hence I had to pay for extra night which made no sense.

Hostel has everything you need but it's quite expensive. The location is great as it's a 5 min walk from Centraal Station and you can walk to some main attractions. Hostel lacks a friendly, warm atmosphere.

The location is great. However, the hostel is a bit old. There is no lounge area. I stayed in the female dorm and the shower was a bit crowded in the morning since there were more than 8 of us but just one shower. My bed was not close to any plugs. The staff was very kind and friendly.

The only thing I liked from Aivengo Hostel was that the bathrooms were clean and the staff members were nice to us. But, the Hostel's reception/ living room is too small and uncomfortable. Although I was staying in a 22-beds room, I think they can be rearrange, somehow, in a more organized way, so it would give a more private appearance. In addition, there is only ONE plug for the 22 beds, so it was impossible for me to charge my cel phone and my camera. OveralI, I don't recomend the hostel.