Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Located in Asakusa, where most of hostels/hotels are, good tube access- 10 min walk from the station. Rooms are very small, but decorations awsome- you will feel real taste and touch of Japan. Staff quite helpful, they very good English.

I don't want to be to harsh because the staff and atmosphere was great! But I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and when I walked in it had a weird smell to it and my bunk made such a loud noise I was worried I would wake the others. It was really cheap so I can't complain too much. I would stay again maybe just in a different room.

Staff was friendly, rooms were very small, but as we stayed in Tokyo, it was ok. While raining, water was dripping in in our first room, so we had to change rooms in the middle of the night. The common room near the reception was very small, so there was never enough space for all the people to eat the free breakfast - so we ate outside the hostel. Nevertheless, everything was very clean and all in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Aizuya Inn.

the hostel is old and dirty, blankets and mattresses was dirty and stinks under the bed i found items of the previous costumer. i payed 100yen for a shower. Staff not-existent and unprepared.

No spoons, beds noicy, pay showers, Staff not very welcoming

Nice and friendly. I only stayed for one night, but I really enjoyed my stay!

stayed here on my last night in Tokyo and was really good. The place is spotless and the room was really cool with tv and dvd player. Staff are excellent, really friendly and very helpful. There is a great chilled out vibe in the common areas too with cool pics to view and music to listen to.

Staff were rude and unhelpful. Credit card machine would not work. Had to pay additional for showers and towels. Poor location, nothing to do anywhere close, no atmosphere, common room was tiny and you had to sit on the floor.

• 28th Feb 2015

Relatively inexpensive place to stay in a good neighborhood. Very close to metro, but still about 45 minutes to get to downtown Tokyo. Although this is probably as close as you can get without paying an arm and a leg. Also some good ramen spots near this hostel! And the staff bumped our group to a private room for free.

Overall this hostel was a nice place to stay. The gentleman who runs it is extremely nice. He made Okonomiyaki for the guests the night I showed (Not everyday) and then had cereal the morning after. For the small price I payed, this was well above and beyond. The room is small, but no issue. The bed was big enough for me (75in, 190cm) but a little thin. The location feels a little sketchy but safe and other hostels are here and its close enough to a subway and JR train.

Excellent accomodation and very homely. Will return on next stay in Tokyo.

Hi Christopher Cain. Thank you for your comment. See you next time! Raoul and the Ai-team

we were passing through in tokyo and pretty much o ly needed a bed and a shower. and thats pretty much what you get. if you dont plan on staying in your room then this is perfect

We liked our stay here, but were put off by what we consider false advertising on the hostel's hostelworld page. They claim to have a fully equipped kitchen, but in my honest opinion their kitchen is far from "fully" equipped. It kinda sucks. The "healthy" breakfast turns out to be, in the staffs own words: "very basic" and there is a 5% surcharge if you dont have cash to pay for your stay with. We choose this place because of the kitchen and the breakfast and were dissapointed. Otherwise nice.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you for your comment. The breakfast we offer (Muesli, juice and soya milk) is healthy and basic, yes, because WE pay for it, you don't. That you complained about something that is offered to you is really rude (and cheapskate)! And yes, the kitchen is fully equipped; not the way a European kitchen is, that's right, but this is Japan so you can't expect to find the same equipment; how about an open-mind? Thank you for your "constructive comment": "kinda sucks" is really helping!!