Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Excellent accomodation and very homely. Will return on next stay in Tokyo.

we were passing through in tokyo and pretty much o ly needed a bed and a shower. and thats pretty much what you get. if you dont plan on staying in your room then this is perfect

We liked our stay here, but were put off by what we consider false advertising on the hostel's hostelworld page. They claim to have a fully equipped kitchen, but in my honest opinion their kitchen is far from "fully" equipped. It kinda sucks. The "healthy" breakfast turns out to be, in the staffs own words: "very basic" and there is a 5% surcharge if you dont have cash to pay for your stay with. We choose this place because of the kitchen and the breakfast and were dissapointed. Otherwise nice.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Loved this hostel, it was very nice and had great staff, close to Senso-Ji shrine and the metro line. Also it has free breakfast yay! Great Decor, it was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at

• 4th Jan 2015

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

The Aizuya Inn is a quaint little hostel and is located about 10 min away from Minami-Senju station. Upon entering Aizuya Inn, the hostel gave a warm and pleasant welcome, the staff are really friendly and the facilities are available and clean, although it's a bit strange to see a coin operated shower, but it is only 100 Yen to use. The room I stayed was really small but was very cozy, especially with the heated air con since I stayed in the winter. The Aizuya Inn was really pleasant stay in.

They have showers but you have to pay 100 yen ($1) for 5 minutes of shower time it's coin operated location a bit off but decent I guess for the price

Good location just a few trains from the main stations in a quiet area. Staff are very friendly and helpful!

• 6th Dec 2014

The place isn't in the best neighbourhood, but this is Japan, so it's still completely safe. We had a double room, it was quite small and we had to make our futons everyday (and they're somewhat thin and hard). But it was impeccably clean, air conditioning and heating worked great, the wifi is fast, the staff are wonderfully helpful, knowledgeable and honest, lots of information on tokyo is always available, the windows are large and openand it is very quiet. It's excellent value for money.

Great place, great staff, great location! The staff even made dinner one night and it was yummy. Only issue was that bunk beds were super squeaky. Everytime someone moved it squeaked.

Can't comment much as only stayed one night but the staff were friendly and the facilities were clean. The only weird thing that I would complain about where the showers, they were charging 100 Yen to use them for 5 minutes, never encountered this before and I hope never to again.

Hi Lorivic, thank you for your comment. As for the shower, if you had taken the time to read the hostel's description, you would have known that the showers were coin-operated.

It is very foreigner-friendly. The place is very clean too!

Pretty average place. Nothing too great. I've stayed in much better places and they have been much cheaper. If I stay in Tokyo again I will not stay in Aizuya Inn, it requires 2 different train lines to get to the station Minimisenju (15 mins by train from Tokyo and 10 to walk) it is annoying. Security is a joke. The lockers couldn't even fit my 50 litre backpack. And you have to pay for showers and laundry. Our room was really small, literally the size of Harry Potters bedroom.

Nice hostel with a friendly staff. Cheap, but they charge everything from taking a shower to renting video games.

it's near a train station and located where many other backpackers hostels are. It's clean and includes breakfast BUT you have to pay extra for a shower (100 yen 5 min). It's not much but it's a first for me. It's basic: a bed and a shower is what I usually pay for, this time I had to pay extra. Also they say they give you a British breakfast if you show you wrote a comment here. I don't think they should ask that before you leave. Reviews should be made after the stay is over.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The location wasn't great - lots of people hanging around late at night and there was some disturbances which woke me up however the hotel itself had a nice atmosphere and had been decorated in a welcoming way (though the rooms weren't very appealing, very small and basic) but one of the first things I noticed was when checking-in was that the staff member didn't offer to carry my suitcase (I'm a pretty small person!) even after commenting that it looked very heavy and I was very flustered! :(