Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great location, great price, great atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, offers a lot of services. Only inconveniences: the rooms are very small, wifi works only in the common room.

The room is a small and bad smell

We enjoyed our stay at Aizuya Inn. It was conveniently located to the places we wanted to visit. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this place to others.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Perfect place, super sweet staff. Love the decor, too! :P

• 13th Dec 2015

the hostel is ok to crash for a few days. Although the rooms are a little small. I suggest you book one with tatami, so you can fold and keep aside the mattress while you are not sleeping. I do not think the price of the private room are cheap if you are staying by yourself. for a couple it is alright. Although it does not imply a lot of money (100 yenes per 5 minutes), I did not like the fact of paying for using the shower. The location is not bad, not far from Skytree and Asakusa

Big hole in bed sheet. Uncomfortable bunk beds. Very very small room for 5040 yen. Barely enough room to move. Pics on site are misleading. Bathroom mats absorb water so they are always too wet to stand on. One power outlet did not work in our room. Got charged twice for the room which is forgiveable as they corrected it but I had to explain twice before the man checked with another member of staff to get it sorted (please just consider my inquiry properly the first time!).

Hi, thank you for your comment, and sorry if you were not happy with your stay. A hole in the bed sheet is not acceptable; next time do mention it to us so can replace it! Yes, the room is small, this is why this room type is called a "SEMI-double". The smaller space is reflected in the rate, which you choose cheap. Shower: leaks can be avoided by closing the shower doors; as we wrote on them! Power outlets: foreign plug don't work in Japan: had you ask, we could have given an adaptor...

The hostel is clean and neat. The staff are friendly

Not bad for just one night, but the downside is the coin showers and a little far away... The walls are thin so you will hear about everything and the japanese style bed was not put together yet wich I had to do myself. Great place to meet other visitors though, if you're lucky. The tea was nice too and the place seemed quite clean.

Hello Cindy, thank you for your comment. The coin shower is mentioned on the HW description and is reflected in our rate. See you again soon. Raoul

EVERYONE GOT LOST- The map given at the desk is not useful for getting back to the hostel as half the streets are not included and really its in the midle of nowhere. French guy on the desk was pretty defensive when asked about this and also when first being surprised at a coin operated showers.

Hi Matthew. Such poor review coming from you (grumpy, obnoxious to all the staff trying their best to be pleasant and helpful...) is just incredible! Yes, I was surprised you did not know about the coin showers, since it is mentioned on the HW website, which you obviously you did not read properly. That would explain why YOU (and no-else but YOU) go lost, as the map is usually praised for being easy to read.....As being "in the middle of nowhere", in Tokyo, that's a non-sense!

A friend and I arrived at Aizuya Inn extremely tired and jetlagged from the flight and taking 3 sepearate trains - but it was so easy, as the Inn gave such succinct instructions on how to reach them. The area it's in is a little sleepy, with nothing much going on except a 7/11 so you do have to rely on the Subway to visit places, but it's really nearby. Small bowls of cereal are available free at breakfast which is nice, and the staff really know their stuff. We had a lovely 4 nights!

It was a fine stay but there were some inconveniences. Wifi wasn't powerful enough on the top floor so it was difficult to charge your phone and connect simultaneously. Staff expressed surprise. The showers were cheap, but the charge bothered me on principle. I would consider being able to wash a minimum requirement for inclusion in the cost. A notice asking people not to exceed the 5 min session would work well to conserve water. The bars on the beds were an annoyance.

Thank you for your comment Davara. About WIFI, yes it is surprising you found it weak, but I will look into it. As for shower, the cost is written on the Hostelworld website, so you should have known about it. "A notice asking people not to exceed the 5mns..." would not work. People don't even segregate their rubbish, turn off the lights or A/C after use...If there was more respect toward others, I would not have to impose time limit/curfew/ask for key deposit... Regrettable I know....

A nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The only bad side (but not a major issue) was having to pay 100 yen for the shower, but this is compensated for by the free towels and breakfast. Would definitely recommend staying there. The location is good, minutes away from the JR train or subway station.

Hi Marko, thank you for your comments. shower cost is mentioned on the website, pity you did not take the time to read the description!

We had the dormitory for 3 days. The room was very small and our baggage fills all the Space on the ground. The beds were wooden and really old. I had fear that they will Crash with is on the ground. It was difficult to sleep because everytime you move for one centimeter the beds are very noisy. It was Not very clean in the room. Very much dust on the Wood of the beds and everything else. Because the dormitory was in the 4th floor we had nö wifi in our room and Gas to go downstairs.

• 24th Oct 2015

The price is probably the best you can find in Tokyo. Room was the smallest room I've ever seen (semi double room seems like a 1 person room, be prepared, we had nog space left for our bags). Not really clean, lot's of dust. Staff was nice. Free breakfast is plus. Location not great, pretty long walk from station in a dodgy area. Hostel is run by French people and attracts a LOT of French tourist. Staff and tourist hang out in evening in common room and are loud, you can hear them in your room

Very friendly and helpful staff - especially the French guy (I forget him name)! Comfortable sized rooms and futons added to the traditional Japanese experience. The location wasn't bad at all, and close to the station. This hostel has a really welcoming and friendly atmosphere to it, and I LOVED the different themed decorations inside all of the bathrooms. I would stay here again.

We really loved the place. Great staff, facilities, and space. It's not super central, but it is close to a metro station.

Staff was really cool.

The member of staff behind the desk was friendly and helped us plan our day in Harajuku. However we weren't impressed by the hotel - the beds were ridiculously squeaky, the rooms were tiny and it was frustrating to have to pay 1000 yen extra for checking in at five minutes past 12.

Hi,thank you for mentioning the squeaky bed, we shall fix this. As for the late check-in fee, it was mentioned to you by mail + it is mentioned on the website; it it's so frustrating, why booking with us? Then, you forgot to mention that I offered you a discount on the late check-in fee. If a member of my staff has to wait for you, he/she should be paid for his/her time, don't you think?

By services they mean that they charge you for every 5 minutes of showers, otherwise a very lovely quaint place in a traditional Japanese style.

Hello, thank you for choosing us. The coin-showers are mentioned on the website. By services we mean much more that just powerful showers: free bicycle, free breakfast, free DVDS, free video games....

Absolutely wonderful staff, who went out of their way to make my jet-lagged visit enjoyable. Individual room with a great A/C and comfortable futon, what more could you ask for.