Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Been at 7 hostels over my month in Japan. Wish they were all like Aizuya.

• 29th Mar 2014

friendly atmosphere and good value ...interesting location for those who like to explore Ueno , Asakusa & the last remaining Tokyo tram line...I 'll book again this hostel....

Since i am dutch, there is always something to complain, sorry. The only downside was the 100 yen for a shower.

My room has a lot of dust, like a power and somethings like hair or wool and it stuck to my clothes. My friend who is allergic was so painful with her nose. The washbasin or sink is too short; it's hard to wash the face without making wet on the floor. All other things are fine for me.

Had a very pleasant stay with friendly and helpful staff!

Really helpful staff! And really nice rooms!!

There are many hotels near aizuya inn. Their living price is cheaper than aizuya inn. 3500jpy for one night vs 2740jpy for one night. That is why I give review about value for money is poor. And I want to say one think is that the cheap room's door is very good. That lets me and other people can't hear and smell over the door. And the room's air is fresh. Most important thing is there is hot spring free in hostel and there is a free shower's room of 24 hours. Chun-Hsiang Chao

Nice place to stay. Futons are a little hard and the bunk beds are a little wobbly and some noise from adjacent rooms, but sufficiently OK for sleep. Showers are great, although they are 100yen for 10 minutes which is long enough for a good wash. The location is easy enough to find though is a bit of a walk from anywhere in particular. Staff very friendly and helpful. Kitchen pretty small - didn't even attempt cooking (and food was being pilfered by another guest). Would recommend.

Spent there one night in a double room. I felt that sleeping on Tatami mats in a room with dirty, naked walls isn't much of a pleasant Japanese experience. They charge an extra fee for arrival after 10 pm even though the reception seems open until 12 pm which I think is a rip off. The location of other Tokyo hostels is much better. This one is 10mins walk to the next station and far away from Tokyo nightlife in Roppongi, Shibuja and Shinjuku.

Hi Josef; sorry you did not enjoy the japanese experience; futon on tatamis are very comfortable, but not for everyone obviously. The reception is closed at 22h00, which is why we charge for a late check-in fee. Had you read our hostels description, you would have known that, so there is no "rip-off". Likewise, the location is well described on Hostelworld website and ours; so a bit of reading before booking would have saved disappointment.

Great Hostel! Loved the themed bathrooms, especially the hello kitty one! Kitchen was small, but this seems to be common in japanese hostels, very clean. Bit of a bummer you have to pay for showers, but reasonable. Rooms are lovely!

Hostel was easy to come and go! I found the place with given instructions easily. I stayed only one night but enjoyed all the time there!

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Finland

If you get the dorm style room you will be staying in a walkin closet aka 7x5foot Room... this is a room if youre traveling light if not get the private room which is that room with futon.. ¥100 for 5 min showers ¥200 laundry ¥100dryer 30mins... hiba line 15min walk 711 5min walk red light district 15min walk

the paying showers left a bad impression on me... but the hostel has nice other assets for sure

The low rate reflects the fact that the showers are coin-operated. In any case, this as well as the location, are shown on our and HW's website; which you could have checked before booking....

Very nice place. Really friendly staff.

The directions were easy to follow and the location was great! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, easy to communicate with. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Regular capsule hostel. Don't forget, these guys consider putting you in a room with more people an 'upgrade'!?!?!! Otherwise v positive experience.

Good morning Dom Green. I think you are getting mixed up with another hostel. Aizuya Inn is not a capsule hotel. And you did not share your room with anyone, you stayed in a single 3 tatamis by yourself. Appart from that, thank you for having stayed with us. Raoul & the Aizuya Inn team

Fantastic staff, found my home away from home in Tokyo! I'll definetly return one day.

Staff were really friendly and fun (especially Taka!). For the private room: the air conditioner/heater was amazing during the winter and the room was never cold. The room is fairly small but has everything you need and the hostel has great additional facilities to offer (like a Nintendo for the TV in your room). Wifi worked well. The hostel has a lovely atmosphere, great for making new friends. The location isn't perfect but all hostels in Tokyo are similarly located.

• 8th Dec 2013

Nice stay ! I really appreciated the shower and the location. Easy to find thanks to the map the hostel sent. Thank you ! Very quiet and near a very beautiful temple. Easy to go to the center with the metro.

Really liked the hostel. Staff helped me a lot!