Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It is very foreigner-friendly. The place is very clean too!

Pretty average place. Nothing too great. I've stayed in much better places and they have been much cheaper. If I stay in Tokyo again I will not stay in Aizuya Inn, it requires 2 different train lines to get to the station Minimisenju (15 mins by train from Tokyo and 10 to walk) it is annoying. Security is a joke. The lockers couldn't even fit my 50 litre backpack. And you have to pay for showers and laundry. Our room was really small, literally the size of Harry Potters bedroom.

First off, shady area. Also it's close to the JR line but not to any stops of interest. You have to transfer 2-3 times.My friend and I decided to stay here because we saw that it had futons and tatami mats and we wanted to experience that. We got a dinky little bunk bed in a room that we could barely walk in. The bed was made for children. It moved a lot when we were on it and I was afraid of being smushed on the bottom or smushing my friend were I on the top bunk. Also, 100 yen for 5 min shower

Nice hostel with a friendly staff. Cheap, but they charge everything from taking a shower to renting video games.

it's near a train station and located where many other backpackers hostels are. It's clean and includes breakfast BUT you have to pay extra for a shower (100 yen 5 min). It's not much but it's a first for me. It's basic: a bed and a shower is what I usually pay for, this time I had to pay extra. Also they say they give you a British breakfast if you show you wrote a comment here. I don't think they should ask that before you leave. Reviews should be made after the stay is over.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The location wasn't great - lots of people hanging around late at night and there was some disturbances which woke me up however the hotel itself had a nice atmosphere and had been decorated in a welcoming way (though the rooms weren't very appealing, very small and basic) but one of the first things I noticed was when checking-in was that the staff member didn't offer to carry my suitcase (I'm a pretty small person!) even after commenting that it looked very heavy and I was very flustered! :(

The rooms are tiny, we stayed in a twin room and there was only room for the futons and a very thin strip down the side where we could put our luggage. The air conditioners are not very good, we had ours on a very strong setting, and still the room did not cool down. The showers were very, very dirty. The hostel's atmosphere is overall very depressing, and the area it is located in is very dodgy (for Japan).

Stayed in a single room, which was small but fine for the purpose. The room had a locker in it for additional security. Air conditioning as we well, which is great in the humid summer. Very nice staff, and a great atmosphere - the whole place is decorated with pictures and posters with varied Japanese themes. It's a little far from the station (about 10 minutes), but not much of an issue. Convenience store pretty close as well.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the hostel very much. It is very fun and homely. Raoul was very friendly as were the other staff. Toilets and showers were all very clean as was the kitchen and laundry. However, the tatami mats do not smell fantastic... (something that happens inevitably with tatami) Just also note that showers cost 100 YEN for 5 minutes.

Loved it here! Great staff! Very helpful and always greeted with a friendly smile. I would recommend to anyone: families, couples, groups, solo.. Very good value for money. Would be happy to stay here again on a future trip to Japan. Thank you for making my first trip to japan so much more enjoyable and comfortable. :)

• 28th Jun 2014

Hi Sherwin, thanks a lot for the nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. See you again next time. Raoul

it is a great place to stay. clean and close to subway.

• 27th Jun 2014

Great place for travellers, feels more like you are staying at someone's house than a hostel. Nothing fancy but comfortable. Really socialiable communal areas and interesting decor everywhere. My single room was small but gave me way more space and privacy than if I'd payed for a similarly priced dorm bed in another hostel. Not much to do in the area itself but only a 20min walk from Asakusa and 5minutes from Minami-Senju station, which is on a JR line so perfect for JR passes. Enjoyed my stay!

1: They tried to charge me ¥2000 in late check-in fees. 2: Beds were old and made a lot of sounds every time you turned around, blinked or breathed 3: Everything is extra. Want to take a shower? That's ¥100 for five minutes. In short, you can easily find better hostels in Tokyo for this price, also in the same area as this one.

Good morning Terje. It is regrettable that you should leave such negative comments, when Aizuya Inn took all necessary steps to avoid them. The coin-showers are mentioned on the Hostelworld’s description. Similarly; we sent you a 2nd confirmation stating the late check-in fees. If a member of my team had to wait for you after the closing time, it is only fair you should pay for his/her time. That you should tried avoid paying is disgraceful and show how much respect you have for people.

I shared a room with a traveller I didn't know. The room was really small, lockers were really small also. Wifi was weak on the upper floors but these are just really the only downsides to this place. Overall, it was good.. Place was clean, staff were nice, there's complimentary breakfast (juice and cereal). Pretty small cooking space but decent. Not the best location tho, closest is minami senju (about 8 minutes walk away). Asakusa is about 30 minutes walk. Really nice if weather is pleasant

The hostel is nice and the staff is friendly but in terms of cleanliness it was OK but the other hostels I stayed in Japan were spotless. Also making guests pay for a 5 min shower when a tiny double room was almost 80 dollars was a bit much.

It is one of the good stays i had in Japan. Nice Common space with good floor sitting. The place really seems joyful and pleasant. I was staying in a single room I only wished my room was a bit bigger (It was almost as small as bathroom) and smelled a bit better. Had a chewing gum stuck near my bed which was a bit disappointment. Rest was all good. Really helpful people.

• 25th May 2014
  • India

I wish Wi-Fi to be a bit better.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I love this fabulous hostel. It's easy to get to subway. Places are clean and tidy. Staffs are friendly.

The staff is very nice. It's a good place to stay.

Area I found a little bit dodgy and not only do you have to pay for your towel, which seems to be standard, but paying for 5min showers was not stated on the hostel world site and found that ridiculous. Other than that, was a nice stay :)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Good morning Frankie Mackie. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. But may I suggest you read properly the hostel description before booking? Hostelworld clearly states "24 hours coin-operated showers" so it should not be a surprise. Charging for shower means we reduce water consumption; being environmentally friendly is not ridiculous.