Aizuya Inn Reviews

2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

By services they mean that they charge you for every 5 minutes of showers, otherwise a very lovely quaint place in a traditional Japanese style.

Absolutely wonderful staff, who went out of their way to make my jet-lagged visit enjoyable. Individual room with a great A/C and comfortable futon, what more could you ask for.

That staff is very friendly. The faculties are good and enough. And they organised a food sharing night for travellers to share their trip, which was great and warm. It is a valued choice.

This hostel was the only dirty hostel I visited in Japan. From hairs in the bed to a filthy kitchen you need to spend a long time cleaning the hostel. I also could not believe that you had to pay to use the shower!

• 5th Aug 2015

Mr O'Gorman. All apologies for THE hair we found on the mattress cover, which we immediately changed for another one; this is unacceptable and you are absolutely right to be unhappy. As for the kitchen, it is cleaned daily; if another guest left it in a messy state, we'll ensure the kitchen is checked more often. Telling us face to face would have been helpful. Finally, the coin-shower is written on this website's description of Aizuya Inn. Had you bother to read it, you would have known...

Generally a good atmospheric place to stay with friendly stuff and clean facilities. The only thing is that private rooms are very small and walls are paper-thick (if you're a light sleeper you might not get much sleep). Otherwise recommended.

Nice hostel, and close to the subway station. The staff is friendly too and the rooms are clean. The only 'weird' thing is that you have to pay to use the shower. Apart from that, I'd still recommend this place.

Great Hostel. The room looks small until you realize this is your standard size in Japan. Still the window is big and this make a big difference when compare to other hostels. Staff was very helpful. And there is a small breakfast for free in the morning that I did not expect and it was a nice way to meet people in the hostel (always welcome when you are traveling solo).

The room itself was very clean. I was worried because some people here complained about a strange smell, but it turned out to be the typical tatami smell, which can't be helped in a tatami room I guess. The shower however could have been cleaner. There was some mold looked like it could have been cleaned easily, which is why I'm not sure how often it is cleaned. The aircon filter also looked very dusty. Besides those shortcomings, it was a nice hostel with awesome decoration and atmosphere

Located in Asakusa, where most of hostels/hotels are, good tube access- 10 min walk from the station. Rooms are very small, but decorations awsome- you will feel real taste and touch of Japan. Staff quite helpful, they very good English.

I don't want to be to harsh because the staff and atmosphere was great! But I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and when I walked in it had a weird smell to it and my bunk made such a loud noise I was worried I would wake the others. It was really cheap so I can't complain too much. I would stay again maybe just in a different room.

Staff was friendly, rooms were very small, but as we stayed in Tokyo, it was ok. While raining, water was dripping in in our first room, so we had to change rooms in the middle of the night. The common room near the reception was very small, so there was never enough space for all the people to eat the free breakfast - so we ate outside the hostel. Nevertheless, everything was very clean and all in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Aizuya Inn.

the hostel is old and dirty, blankets and mattresses was dirty and stinks under the bed i found items of the previous costumer. i payed 100yen for a shower. Staff not-existent and unprepared.

No spoons, beds noicy, pay showers, Staff not very welcoming

Nice and friendly. I only stayed for one night, but I really enjoyed my stay!

stayed here on my last night in Tokyo and was really good. The place is spotless and the room was really cool with tv and dvd player. Staff are excellent, really friendly and very helpful. There is a great chilled out vibe in the common areas too with cool pics to view and music to listen to.