Aji Hostel Reviews

Triana 863, Santiago, Chile

I had a great time staying at this hostel. The best thing is, that the metro stations is literaly just around the corner, so you can easly and quickly get anywhere. The staff is very open and friendly and the facilities are good. I would definitely stay there again.

Good location, next to Salvador station. Was in private room which is sufficient, but due to lack of air conditioning was incredibly hot making it almost unbearable during the day. Wifi was ok, staff a little surly and most did not speak English. In addition, make sure you have cash to pay the room as you are charged additional taxes if using card.

The hostel should have a policy to not allow people making loud noise after midnight. When I was there I was trying to sleep early to catch an early flight while people were getting drunk and hanging outside until 3 in the morning.

Arrived to a rocky start as we were on a late flight and the payment office was closed. So as we were unable to make our payment for our stay the staff took my passport for security and locked it in a tin at reception and refused to give it back until the office reopened in the morning and we could make our payment. This obviously was something we were unhappy about and when tried to liase with them the response was only "your spanish is horrible" and "my country is safe".

• 18th Dec 2015

There are not power outlets in the room, but felt somewhat comfortable charging my tech outside the room. Staff was very helpful, especially when I experienced flight complications. I felt well cared for. And I really appreciated the free breakfast AND DINNER!

Light complementary breakfast that includes toast and cheese, diced fruit, cereal, and coffee. Dinner was always filling and alternated between rice dishes and pasta dishes everyday. Located in near the Salvador metro station and close to Manuel Montt, it is a centrally located hostel near lots of restaurant and bar options.

• 12th Dec 2015

Amazing value for money when you consider that you get breakfast and dinner - both are super simple but enough to get you out and sight seeing. We stayed in a large double room for 1 night. All staff members were friendly. Only downside was bathroom was not perfectly cleaned, but still amazing value

The 4th fl rooms are uncomfortably warm in the summer. The female 4 bedroom is also an awkward shape so that 1 fan is not enough if there are more than 2 people in the room. The bedsheets were clean enough but the blankets didn't seem to be cleaned well. There are also no hooks in the bathroom so it's awkward to take a shower. But the staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is good, the bathrooms are clean, and the value for providing breakfast and dinner cannot be overstated.

Put is a nice place but there isn't much interaction between everyone. Good if you just want to do your own thing I guess, free dinner and breakfast is good and the chef is a hectic stahnah.

• 11th Nov 2015

Hostel was just great! Great location near a metro station, quiet neighborhood, and what's best it included breakfast AND dinner! (of course mostly low cost meals, but pretty good anyways)

Good hostal but EEK, woke up with bed bug bites. Hoping I didn't bring them home with me.

Great hostel in a very nice area of Santiago. Common room was good to meet travelers and definitely worth staying while in Santiago. Place is always kept clean. The only flaw is with the bathroom. No hangers to hang your clothes or towels. It's very minor though. Exceptional otherwise.

Main concern was the security system... Was in a 6 bed dorm and unable to lock the door or receive a key to the room. There are big wooden lockers but many of the locker doors are busted and they could be easily broken in to. The front door to the hostel is almost always open, and multiple times no one was manning the desk. Pros: free breakfast and dinner, nice part of town, fun vibe.

Very clean and comfortable. Relaxed atmosphere.

I got a private room and it was clean and confortable, maybe a little too small, but still a good cost-benefit if you want privacy. They offer breakfast AND dinner (which are just OK, but still much better than buying food when you're low on money). The hostel try to create a good atmosphere with barbecues and parties on friday, but the people that was hosted at the time were not very social. Most of the staff members were nice and kind. the location is really good and close to the metro.

• 15th Oct 2015

Not a bad hostel but some basic maintenance would go a long way. At least 2 of the lockers in our 6bed dorm had doors falling off and couldn't be locked. As others have said very few power outlets. Kitchen is very under equipped, I couldn't find a chopping board or a sharp knife. Dinner was a nice bonus, nothing gourmet but filled a gap. Staff friendly and helpful.

The hostel was easy to find, close to the metro stop and in a nice quiet area. You can easily walk to the city centre through beautiful spots. Friendly staff. I met lots of other travellers easily. There was only one power plug to charge anything in our 8 bed dorm and it was in the bathroom! Free dinner was ok, basic as expected and likewise the breakfast simple but good.

Great people, good activities, great wifi, beds made each day. Few down sides: no electric plugs in some rooms, quite few lockers need maintenance. Yet these are just minor things, really good hostel with free dinner!

It was a great hostel! DELISH breakfast and dinner. A really nice way to start and end your day. Staff was very helpful, even booked out airport taxi for 3am! We stayed in both the 6 mixed dorm one night and went back for a private room/bath. The private room was awesome. Awesome shower, supplied toilet papers + towels, with a nice tv!

Free dinner was a great perk. It brought everyone together in the evening. It didn't seem like much of a backpackers crowd...more groups of locals that were probably looking for a cheaper option than a hotel. All fine, but it didn't make for a very social environment when I was there. Staff is great...very friendly & helpful. Biggest complaint is that there's not a single outlet in the 6-bed dorm!?