Aki Hostel Reviews

Rua do Paraíso, 769, Sao Paulo, Brazil

1. in small room 12 m2 bead for 15 person? 3 level beds? are you kidding? 2. Breakfast - for editional many, kitchen wark from 8to10 and you can`t even take your food. Are you kidding? 3.Bathroom was so dirty and so bad smell, o.m.g!!! 4. Internet is sucks! Naw about fine things - 1. Personal are reelly good and halpfull! Thank you guys! 2. Hostal have a lot of space! So potensialy it can be in 2 better is minimum!

First hostel in Brazil and was fine, great staff good facilities, clean and good location near metro and AV Paulista. It seemed fairly quite when I was there but travellers hung out in the lobby with bar if not out exploring. Would recommend.

I thought this was a good hostel - nice staff, clean, good price and good location except there is a big hill you need to walk up to to get to the metro... This is just Sau Paulo in general though.

I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is really modern with a nice and helpful staff. The hill it's by is not really that bad, it's a great work out! It has a good location and i liked how close the supermarked was. Just remember to have a map with the location (google maps etc.) of the hostel before arriving. I got lost my first time coming out of the metro station! They had the best wifi i have experienced in Brazil too! :)

We stayed in a superior double room which was nice. It had a kitchenette which was handy although did limit the space available in the room. The kitchen was poor - a tiny supply of decent utensils and filthy, old pans. The hostel is in a safe neighbourhood and next to 2 supermarkets (use the one around the corner beside the garage, not 'Dia'). However, the hostel is on such a steep hill that carrying our luggage to / from the metro was horrendous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel was extremely clean and the staff were incredibly lovely and helpful, especially Patricia who helped with any and all our queries instantly and with such a lovely attitude. Perfect choice for a stopover, with most places 20mins walk and two supermarkets within a minutes walk. I would definitely recommend, good kitchen facilities, comfy beds and amazing foam pillows - such a bonus!

• 30th Jan 2015

Nice hostel. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. It was clean and very new. Our double room was too small but other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Nice, new, and clean hostel. Slight lack of atmosphere as a result though. Double room was small. Really nice rooftop terrace which isn't used enough-but could be great. Kitchen lacked equipment. Misleading signs advertising drinks deals. Good food from the bar. Annoying that we weren't allowed to check in before 2 even though they said our room was free. Staff very helpful with seeing the city.

Pretty quiet hostel, and the breakfast they offer isn't worth 10 reals! But the places is new

This hostel is close to everything that can make your trip to São Paulo the most pleasant: as subway and bus stations, bars, malls, stores, banks and a lot more. And for those who enjoy going for a good walk, this hostel is close by Paulista Avenue (only a few blocks away from it), making it easy to go to great places, as museums. What can I say about its structure and safety in its surroundings? It is excellent! The building is well planned, clean and there's a lot of space.

This hostel is still very new but has a lot of potential. The walk to/from the metro is short but on a KILLER hill and near impossible with luggage. The staff is fantastic! There was no AC in my room (10 bed dorm) but apparently that is being installed shortly. There is a restaurant and bar downstairs with a menu of burgers and more burgers. The rooftop has an enclosed couch/relaxation area which is really great. There is a pool on the roof that is not yet filled but will be great when ready!

Great place, with really helpful staff!

This place was great! Rooms were clean, staff were amazing and the food was restaurant standard! The burgers were better than alot of restaurants in London! The staff at the hostel were really friendly, did anything for you and were really happy at work, which was nice to see. By far the best hostel I've stayed in!

The facilities are new and they are really kind with the guests. I fully recommend to stay here!

It was clean, the staff was great and helpful during my stay and assisting with finding a bus on my departure. The food was great. The bar was always staffed to get a drink anytime. They took the guests to a fun bar to cut loose one night. Nothing bad to say about my stay. Thank you for having me!!!

• 4th Dec 2014

I had so much fun during my short stay in this hostel!!! The staff and everybody else there is just amazing and helpful! Hope to make it back there someday! And thank you very much for an awesome experience of the nightlife in São Paulo!! Saludos!

• 21st Nov 2014

Amazing hostel!! Really fantastic staff - we felt so welcome! Only downside was the staff came in one night 3 separate times between 12 and 2 in the morning - talking full volume and turning on room lights waking everyone up to show the new roomies the digs. Soooo not okay. Other than that it was safe, clean, comfortable and overall a really great hostel.

This place is designed like a modern art piece. Beautiful and clean hostel. Good value for money. I'd stay again.

really enjoyed the stay, people were very kind, nice and very informative.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • China

Have to be buzzed in at front, all rooms are key entry. Location is great, 20 minute walk from city centre. The hostel is at the bottom of a massive hill but not too bad to walk up. Staff are amazing. Johnny the owner is awesome and all the staff are full of info and more than happy to answer all questions. It was quiet when we were there but the bar area is appealing. Rooms are clean, beds and pillows are comfy. Hostel is brand new. We stayed end of October 2014 and it was only 4 months old.