Aki Hostel Reviews

Rua do Paraíso, 769, Sao Paulo, Brazil

From the moment I walked into the hostel, I was made to feel welcome. The staff are extremely friendly and are always happy to help. It's a very clean place with decent size rooms and a sociable common room.

• 19th Apr 2015

Staff were incredible, place was very modern but no breakfast and small rooms.

Nice new hostel- very like a hotel. New amenities, very clean, lovely friendly staff. Wifi works perfectly. Not a party hostel but perfect if you want to relax in the piece and quiet. Private room was comfortable with a little kitchen. A nice area to stay in the city and walking distance to the metro. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

the hostel has a very modern design/style, but not properly built. Many parts of the hostel get extremely slippery due to the constant rain in sao paulo and there should be something done about this to avoid any serious accidents. I slipped multiple times. Also there is a very steep hill to reach metro or any other areas in the city. Also considering that the cheapest room available is R 35 in a 15 person room with NO breakfast included is a bit lacking in value for the buck.. bit boring as well

I really like this place as it is clean and easy to live in and you can get involed with social side if you want to or move to a more quieter space if you prefer. But on the downside the wifi is sporadic and the rooms are small if sharing, really good if not - clean, new and cosy. There is also a steep hill to traverse to get to the metro or anywhere else you are likely to go to but that is SP in general. Supermarket across the road

1. in small room 12 m2 bead for 15 person? 3 level beds? are you kidding? 2. Breakfast - for editional many, kitchen wark from 8to10 and you can`t even take your food. Are you kidding? 3.Bathroom was so dirty and so bad smell, o.m.g!!! 4. Internet is sucks! Naw about fine things - 1. Personal are reelly good and halpfull! Thank you guys! 2. Hostal have a lot of space! So potensialy it can be in 2 better is minimum!

First hostel in Brazil and was fine, great staff good facilities, clean and good location near metro and AV Paulista. It seemed fairly quite when I was there but travellers hung out in the lobby with bar if not out exploring. Would recommend.

I thought this was a good hostel - nice staff, clean, good price and good location except there is a big hill you need to walk up to to get to the metro... This is just Sau Paulo in general though.

I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is really modern with a nice and helpful staff. The hill it's by is not really that bad, it's a great work out! It has a good location and i liked how close the supermarked was. Just remember to have a map with the location (google maps etc.) of the hostel before arriving. I got lost my first time coming out of the metro station! They had the best wifi i have experienced in Brazil too! :)

We stayed in a superior double room which was nice. It had a kitchenette which was handy although did limit the space available in the room. The kitchen was poor - a tiny supply of decent utensils and filthy, old pans. The hostel is in a safe neighbourhood and next to 2 supermarkets (use the one around the corner beside the garage, not 'Dia'). However, the hostel is on such a steep hill that carrying our luggage to / from the metro was horrendous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hostel was extremely clean and the staff were incredibly lovely and helpful, especially Patricia who helped with any and all our queries instantly and with such a lovely attitude. Perfect choice for a stopover, with most places 20mins walk and two supermarkets within a minutes walk. I would definitely recommend, good kitchen facilities, comfy beds and amazing foam pillows - such a bonus!

• 30th Jan 2015

Nice hostel. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. It was clean and very new. Our double room was too small but other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Nice, new, and clean hostel. Slight lack of atmosphere as a result though. Double room was small. Really nice rooftop terrace which isn't used enough-but could be great. Kitchen lacked equipment. Misleading signs advertising drinks deals. Good food from the bar. Annoying that we weren't allowed to check in before 2 even though they said our room was free. Staff very helpful with seeing the city.

Pretty quiet hostel, and the breakfast they offer isn't worth 10 reals! But the places is new

This hostel is close to everything that can make your trip to São Paulo the most pleasant: as subway and bus stations, bars, malls, stores, banks and a lot more. And for those who enjoy going for a good walk, this hostel is close by Paulista Avenue (only a few blocks away from it), making it easy to go to great places, as museums. What can I say about its structure and safety in its surroundings? It is excellent! The building is well planned, clean and there's a lot of space.

This hostel is still very new but has a lot of potential. The walk to/from the metro is short but on a KILLER hill and near impossible with luggage. The staff is fantastic! There was no AC in my room (10 bed dorm) but apparently that is being installed shortly. There is a restaurant and bar downstairs with a menu of burgers and more burgers. The rooftop has an enclosed couch/relaxation area which is really great. There is a pool on the roof that is not yet filled but will be great when ready!

Great place, with really helpful staff!

This place was great! Rooms were clean, staff were amazing and the food was restaurant standard! The burgers were better than alot of restaurants in London! The staff at the hostel were really friendly, did anything for you and were really happy at work, which was nice to see. By far the best hostel I've stayed in!

The facilities are new and they are really kind with the guests. I fully recommend to stay here!

It was clean, the staff was great and helpful during my stay and assisting with finding a bus on my departure. The food was great. The bar was always staffed to get a drink anytime. They took the guests to a fun bar to cut loose one night. Nothing bad to say about my stay. Thank you for having me!!!

• 4th Dec 2014