Akinabalu Youth Hostel Reviews

1st Floor, No. 133 Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I enjoyed my stay there. Staff were REALLY friendly, nice environment & good location. The negatives things that I encountered were - AC was not really cold, low pressure shower and there were few bed bugs in my bed. I told the cleaner about this and she told me they had a 'steamer'? to kill those bed bugs and asked me to change to another bed. Overall, it's and excellent place to stay and I definitely will come again :)

I don't like the look that the reception staff gave to me when I checked in at 12.30am in the morning, everytime I passed by the reception area and when I wanna check out. She is not friendly with locals I guess. I'm not sure about other dorms but mine was below average. No locker, no individual power point and not to mention, noisy bunk bed too!

This was a basic place but the staff was helpful and convenient to the bus line. The labeling of "youth" hostel is loose as there were all ages and lots of families.

Had some trouble with the booking even though i reserved it on Hostelworld when I checked in at midnight but was able to find a bed. Only a short stay as I had to leave the next morning so can't comment much on the hostel but seems pleasant enough.

Lovely place. The open balconies and elevation made it cooler than than outside. Great location. Definitely would recommend.

It was nice to stay here. The location is good too, near the interesting place at the city.

Everything is good, staffs are helpful. Just one electric plug in room which is not convenient to charge phone and camera for every roommates,

Everything is good in value

• 23rd May 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The room was smelling very bad and the sheets bad were very old, toilet always old and dirty.

OMG! Bed bugs attacked me! Don't stay here Plz!

• 11th May 2014
  • South Korea

This is a Excellent place for backpackers!!

• 6th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice staff, clean and comfortable

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels