Akinabalu Youth Hostel Reviews

1st Floor, No. 133 Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

It's reallreall

The staff are lovely and very friendly. I would prefer to keep my valuables in a locker

I stayed here twice in the end. The big dorm upstairs is nice and light with good AC but the other dorm I stayed in was hot and fan only. The cleanliness of the showers could do with a bit of work but otherwise the place was great. Good location and lovely and very helpful staff. I'd stay there again.

A really nice hostel with a great central location in KK. Rooms are a bit dark and don't have air con, but it's not really a problem. Staff are friendly and happy to help. Breakfast is pretty rubbish, but the rest of the facilities are good. Also, there's only small lockers available downstairs and you need your own padlock. Would stay again!

We booked the wrong month and only noticed when I received the survey email about my stay. I emailed the hostel and they wouldn't let me rectify my mistake, even though we are still coming next month.

• 2nd Jun 2015