Akinabalu Youth Hostel

Fabulous 365 Total Reviews
Fabulous 365 Total Reviews

30th May 2017

2nd hostel j stayed in KK, way better and a third of the price. Really good value, good rooms, great place to chill - really enjoyed it and wish I'd stayed there first!!

22nd May 2017

Fantastic location, right in centre of town so everything walkable. Expect basic bedrooms- my mattress had a dip right in the middle and the air con questionable, but for the price what more do you expect? Great breakfast and super friendly staff made my stay, so much so I returned to stay again! Cheap and cheerful, for the budget traveller a very friendly place, close to everything you need and local knowledge fantastic. Highly recommend!

17th May 2017

Excellent stay, strategic location, good breakfast, friendly staffs, cheap price, air con room, cleanliness.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017

Stayed there from 3rd to 6th of May 2017. We stayed in a double room. Such a great place, well located in the city with a pretty much central location. The place itself has a great feel to it, clean, and chillax homey atmosphere. The staff were really great, they were very accommodating, from advising us about cost worthy tours, to booking them for us and helping us manage transpotation and breakfast. Would definitely be staying here again! Great place for backpackers!

21st Apr 2017

They have good beds, clean showers and toilets, but no aircon or lockers. Friendly hostel, except for the owner. As soon as I checked in, she asked me about my plans and then gave me misleading info. Said the actual bus cost much more, told me about entrance fees that don't exist and then tried to sell me very overpriced tours (special discount just for ME), saying it would be much cheaper than doing it by myself. In the end I spent one third of the price she was trying to sell me the tour for.

21st Apr 2017

very nice! Good breakfast, nice setup. Only fans in the dorms, but it's ok.

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Apr 2017
7.7

We only stopped here for a night to rest our weary legs after the mountain climb before we moved on. Missing air con & breakfast was nice but simple. The real pros were the location (Gaya St) and the RIDICULOUSLY good shower. It had more pressure than our shower at home! Very pleased.

19th Apr 2017

Good facilities with computer and free breakfast, etc. Not much atmosphere, hard to meet people as a solo traveller. Some of staff lovely and do anything to help you, others not very helpful or friendly. Nice place to chill with sofas and big windows looking out and central location but if I hadn't made friends on a tour outside of my hostel I wouldn't have had anyone to chill with.

• kayaway692771
  • New Zealand, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
11th Apr 2017

Clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Lots if info.

10th Apr 2017

Absolutely loved the staff here, they are all so sweet! One of them even walked me to the bus stop on my way back to the airport. It was so easy to just sit and talk to them about anything, but it was also incredibly easy to make friends here. Everyone is really friendly so it is great if you are a solo traveler. I wish I could have stayed even longer they had awesome tours that I wanted to try. The price was definitely right, come here to have an excellent stay in KK!