Akinabalu Youth Hostel

Fabulous 350 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 350 Total Reviews

21st Apr 2017

They have good beds, clean showers and toilets, but no aircon or lockers. Friendly hostel, except for the owner. As soon as I checked in, she asked me about my plans and then gave me misleading info. Said the actual bus cost much more, told me about entrance fees that don't exist and then tried to sell me very overpriced tours (special discount just for ME), saying it would be much cheaper than doing it by myself. In the end I spent one third of the price she was trying to sell me the tour for.

21st Apr 2017

very nice! Good breakfast, nice setup. Only fans in the dorms, but it's ok.

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Apr 2017
7.7

We only stopped here for a night to rest our weary legs after the mountain climb before we moved on. Missing air con & breakfast was nice but simple. The real pros were the location (Gaya St) and the RIDICULOUSLY good shower. It had more pressure than our shower at home! Very pleased.

• kayaway692771
  • New Zealand, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
11th Apr 2017

Clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Lots if info.

10th Apr 2017

Absolutely loved the staff here, they are all so sweet! One of them even walked me to the bus stop on my way back to the airport. It was so easy to just sit and talk to them about anything, but it was also incredibly easy to make friends here. Everyone is really friendly so it is great if you are a solo traveler. I wish I could have stayed even longer they had awesome tours that I wanted to try. The price was definitely right, come here to have an excellent stay in KK!

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Apr 2017

Great place, lovely staff, perfect location.

• arthaybiat
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2017

I loved my stay at Akinabalu Youth Hostel, the staff are awesome - so friendly and accommodating, the hostel is close to everything (night markets, fish markets, bars and clubs/ tour companies etc). It's also an awesome hostel to meet other solo travellers or just people in general. Would definitely stay here again! Thank you for the best week in Malaysia Akinabalu!

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2017

Very welcoming with an excellent calm atmosphere. Staff will assist in organising trips throughout Sabah. Would definitely recommend

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
21st Mar 2017

A bit of pressure from staff to join tours but apart from that it was great. Breakfast included boiled eggs, sausages and cake. Central location. No lockers in my dorm but it was 4 bed and locked.

20th Mar 2017

It's very convenient to live there cuz there are numerous restaurants and stores nearby. The staff are friendly. Nonetheless, the facility is a bit out of day.