Akinabalu Youth Hostel Reviews

1st Floor, No. 133 Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

It's reallreall

The staff are lovely and very friendly. I would prefer to keep my valuables in a locker

I stayed here twice in the end. The big dorm upstairs is nice and light with good AC but the other dorm I stayed in was hot and fan only. The cleanliness of the showers could do with a bit of work but otherwise the place was great. Good location and lovely and very helpful staff. I'd stay there again.

A really nice hostel with a great central location in KK. Rooms are a bit dark and don't have air con, but it's not really a problem. Staff are friendly and happy to help. Breakfast is pretty rubbish, but the rest of the facilities are good. Also, there's only small lockers available downstairs and you need your own padlock. Would stay again!

We booked the wrong month and only noticed when I received the survey email about my stay. I emailed the hostel and they wouldn't let me rectify my mistake, even though we are still coming next month.

• 2nd Jun 2015

I enjoy my stay here. really nice place to hang up, the little garden & pantry, awesome. Highly recommend for staying. Well done.

Nice staff; we were able to book a tour to the jungle through them (was excellent!); lockers for valuables available; great location especially for Sunday market. Spacious common area. Room had no window, but A/C works so it was ok. Wi-Fi signal good. Bathrooms are clean. Breakfast is basic (just jam and toast), but there are many places to eat outside. All in all, great value for money and I would stay there again.

I had a very good stay at Akinabalu. The staff were very friendly and willing to help at any moment. Th only minor gripe I have is the lack of wifi reception in the rooms, and sometimes the computers do not have internet connection. Other than that, I'd be happy to stay at Akinabalu again.

The hostel was very close to the food market as well as a 10 minutes walking distance to the harbor (where you can take boats to the islands). The room was clean and had both fan and AC. The bathroom was okay, at least toilet and shower were separated ;)

We had a double bed, private room with a fan and was fine. ONly downside is if you stay Sat/Sun then you will be woken up at 5am by the market setting up outside on the main street. It's a great market, just not when you're shattered after climbing mt Kinabalu. Staff are friendly and very helpful, breakfast is okay. Location is perfect for a couple days in KK - would recommend

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels