Akureyri Backpackers Reviews

Hafnarstrati 98, Akureyri, Iceland

Positiv: big rooms, nice bar, friendly staff, clean Negativ: Wifi very slow and not proper working in the rooms, noisy beds

I stayed in the 8-bed dorm. The room is spacious and quite clean. Though I have to use my own sleeping bed as blanket is not included. Good location. Though the bathroom is in the base floor and I had to walk past the lobby, kitchen, cafe and met many people every time when I used the bathroom.

Put a paper where to write down the names for those who want to book the laundry. Thank you

• 14th Aug 2015

I can't overstate how much I loved my stay here. Everything about this hostel was amazing.

The hostel is very noisy. Located on the main street of Akureyri, with the windows slightly open it feels like being inside a pub. People walk around in high heels until 2 or 3 q¡am (no the hostel's fault, of course...) and the wooden floors make it worse. However, facilities are new and sufficient (enough WCs and showers, nice surprise after experiencing the Icelandic standard for one week!)

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Spain

No complaints, a bit too crowded for our taste, but very clean and friendly.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

It is a convenient hostel you can reach over easily to shopping and travelling around since it is located next to the bus stop on the main road. The staff are very charming girls with good and hospitable attitude to help you out. The decoration is very outstanding that can represent the city features.The kitchen is a bit small with only one big table. Please take care of the setting of the bathroom since guys sometimes may strangely walk to girls' side, with one door knock broken

It was really good ! Thank you so much =)

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent location and a really good atmosphere in the bar attached to the hostel. Definitely the right place to stay in Akureyri!

We loved akureyri and this hostel was right in the heart of town. Really clean bathrooms and showers!

Situated at the very center of the village with a nice bar and fast wifi in the rooms.

it is located in the really central of Akureyri !

• 1st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

right in the centre of town, staff were knowledgeable on what to do around the general area and you get a free drink when checking in. rooms were simple and clean, beds were bigger than the other HI hostels. Very secure and a great place to meet other people

An excellent place to stay. I had a brilliant time and stay at the hostel. I recommend it very strongly. A place with a very good location and brilliant atmosphere. A special mention for the amazing food in the hostel.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • India

Excellent hostel, we weren't expecting it to be quite so central. The staff were all lovely, particularly the girl on the front desk. We didn't use many of the facilities but they seemed pretty good, nice bar. Only suggestion would be darker blinds or curtains, the rooms and nice and clean but it was very bright in the summer.

• 18th Jun 2015

Generally a great hostel, nice staff and atmosphere, lovely clean rooms and showers. My only issue was security -although each floor had fob locks in the dorms themselves there were unlockable lockers that didn't fill me with confidence, ended up carrying all my stuff around with me the whole 2 days, which was less than ideal.

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic - it was clean, social, beds were comfortable, massive and nice kitchen, showers were AMAZING and the bar was top notch. Would definitely stay here again and will suggest it to friends.

Absolutely loved this hostel! Rooms were comfortable, kitchen and lounge area had great chill vibes and the staff were incredibly helpful in helping me plan a couple day trips on my own. Very sad to leave after three nights. Would come back to Akureyri just to stay at this hostel!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Hostel doesn't supply comforters for free - there is a charge. The bar is neat and locals do come by but the noise from the street can be heard past midnight from the rooms.

We loved that there was a sauna in the basement which we didn't know about until arrival. We got there on a holiday and the main floor is a public bar so it was pretty noisy but a fun environment. The staff were friendly, relaxed and helpful. Rooms were cleaned. The breakfast didn't seem like it was worth paying for (just over priced for what you get) but we loved the free drink ticket you get on arrival.