Akureyri Backpackers Reviews

Hafnarstrati 98, Akureyri, Iceland

Very nice and cosy hostel. Rooms are big and clean. Good showers and they have a sauna! Big plus in freezing Iceland. The only downside is that they have a cafe/restaurant open to the public, I particularly do not like it in hostels.

Friendly staff, knowledgeable, accommodating. Clean hostel, lots of partying on the weekends. Shower in the basement, but very large and clean. Decent kitchen area, small-ish, same with dining area by kitchen. Reception area has a nice outdoorsy feel. Bathrooms clean on each floor, good door locks, god sized sinks. Was snowed in for 3 days and can only do excursions if there is a min. amount of people going. I played on my computer and walked around the small town, not much to see.

Very nice and cozy hostel. I felt right at home. The decor was modern and nice. Enjoyed the small bar downstairs. On the negative side, having to pay for linens is not acceptable. It was a little annoying to take your key whenever leaving the room (because the doors lock). The location was great-right downtown in Akureyri, but street noises kept me up.

• 26th Nov 2013

Many space you can hang out with other travelers. Staff is helpful!. No doubt I'll stay here again if I come back.