Akureyri Backpackers Reviews

Hafnarstrati 98, Akureyri, Iceland

It was my first time staying in a hostel. Once is gotten over the idea of a bunk bed I had an amazing time. Was a bit of bother renting a duvet though. If you're staying in akureyi this is the only place to stay as far as I'm concerned! Everyone stays here and it's so friendly and laid back! Loved my stay here, it was close to everything and the bar was good too. Perfect if you're travelling alone and want to meet other travellers! Brilliant place.

• 4th Jul 2014

Friendly place, and a nice place to watch a few World Cup matches.

Woaaa a hostel with a sauna? Unfortunately I didn't have time to go, but will do next time! And a welcome drink, also very nice! Clean hostel, close to the busstop and infocenter, best location ever. It did take a while to check in, staff is quite busy, however if they havd time, they will help you in any way they can! Oh and no dry room. They did dry my tent in a private space. Yay!

-great set up with cafe/bar attached -great kitchen facility -great location, right downtown. Good nightlife around -great bathroom facilities -met the most people through this very social atmosphere. Our trip wouldn't have been the same without it.

The hostel has a notice of "quiet hours" between 10 PM and the next morning. My friend and I slept at the hostel on a Friday night and we couldn't sleep until 1 AM because of the noise from the bar downstairs and the street outside. This made a mockery of the notice of quiet hours to the guests of the hostel. The staff when we checked in could have been more polite as well, and they could have made more effort to make amends for our complaint the next morning.

A hostel done right. None of that en suite crap. Big organized seperate showers and toilets

Hi, i loved this hostel, it's one of the best hostels i've stayed in to be honest! great time while here and out and about in Northern Iceland :-)I

Outstanding hostel! Great Athmosphere. Excellent location in the heart of Akureyri. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Comfortable and spacious dorms. Great decor. Shower and sauna is a plus. Excellent Cleanliness standard. Nice and cozy fully equipped kitchen. Keep up with the great job, Akureyri Backpackers! I definitely reccomend it.

Very nice and cosy hostel. Rooms are big and clean. Good showers and they have a sauna! Big plus in freezing Iceland. The only downside is that they have a cafe/restaurant open to the public, I particularly do not like it in hostels.

Friendly staff, knowledgeable, accommodating. Clean hostel, lots of partying on the weekends. Shower in the basement, but very large and clean. Decent kitchen area, small-ish, same with dining area by kitchen. Reception area has a nice outdoorsy feel. Bathrooms clean on each floor, good door locks, god sized sinks. Was snowed in for 3 days and can only do excursions if there is a min. amount of people going. I played on my computer and walked around the small town, not much to see.