Akureyri Backpackers Reviews

Hafnarstrati 98, Akureyri, Iceland

Excellent hostel! We had a private room which was extremely clean. The bar downstairs is a great bonus. Yes, it sucks that the showers are in the basement and they're not the greatest but the hostel knows this and warns you in advance. The kitchen is well-equipped. We absolutely enjoyed our stay here!

Very nice bar, friendly and helpful staff, everything clean

Located right in the middle of the town this hostel is cozy but modern. It's clean, the showers, while inconveniently located, are great, and the shared bathrooms are nice too. The mattress is comfy, the bar/cafe is a really nice place to hang, welcoming to guests and the public equally. I really enjoyed coming 'home' each day after a long day of walking/hiking etc.

Very cozy in the middle of the city and very friendly bar, which unfortunately closes quite soon. Good atmosphere and facilities.

I really enjoyed my stay in Akureyri backpackers. The location was parfect, There is a bar on the grandfloor which is nice atmosphere, kitchen is not enough space but useful. I think I will be here again if I have opprtunity to visit!

All in all the hostel was good. Clean rooms, friendly staff and prices below the islandic average. The only thing I want to criticise is the showers: Eventhough they were clean and even though there were enough of them, they were located in the basement. For someone who lived on the 5th floor (=me) this was a pretty long way... Nevertheless: Thumbs up!

Great - aside from the showers being all the way in the basement!

All in all a nice stay. Good atmosphere in central hangout area. Nice staff. Right in the center of town, only improvement could be a larger kitchen area as it is a bit small for the amount of people there.

Very good couldn't complain, located on main road, most backpackers stay here and are generally very friendly. Would stay there again if ever at akureyri

One of only a couple of budget options in Akureyri, but it does the job well. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable, and the location is right in the central shopping/dining area of town. The bar downstairs had a very warm vibe and was filled with people. As per the usual exorbitant Icelandic prices, you have to pay extra for linens (about 10$ in this case) -- not a very welcoming feature. Other than this, the facilities were up to par. Overall, a solid hostel worth booking.

We had a lovely stay - thanks!

Shithouse rude staff, worst hostel of europe yet

• 17th Aug 2014

It was the best backpackers hostel I've ever been!!! So clean and well equipped! With bar and restaurant at the basement. it can be logically noisy in peak season. With inconvenients of snoring guests...but that is what we can expect sleeping in a large room!!!

A nice and fine hostel. :-)

The hostel was dirty. We had to clean up after others. The kitchen was poorly equipped and in the early morning the fire alarm went off.

• 10th Aug 2014

Loved the place! Beds are comfy, everything is clean and very well situated. The kitchen is very useful, but sometimes crowded. After 2.5 weeks of camping, the warmt of the place and the hair dryers were more than welcomed.

The place is great and the bar is one of the hot spots for Akureyri. My only complaint is that the kitchen is a little small and not particularly well laid out. We worked around it though and the overall score the hostel deserves is very high. Definitely stay there!

The staff is not helpful enough.

I wasn't keen on the shower facilities for all floors being access by having to go down through reception/bar, past kitchen and to basement

• 29th Jul 2014

Very clean and well organized location;

• 24th Jul 2014