Al-Andalus Hostel Reviews

Escudo del Carmen, 16, Granada, Spain

I don't really like this hostel, the staff is not helpful, there is no way how to charge your phone inside the room (there was 1 plug inside the bathroom but we were in 4 persons), they charge you 0.50€ for a map and 2€ to keep your luggage when you check-out. The atmosphere was REALLY poor, no interaction with other travelers. You can do better with your money!

We had a really great time in this hostel. It was nice, clean we can't really say any bad thing about the place. We recommend it to everybody!

i highly recommend all of you! Thanks!

I like quieter so this was perfect but it's not really in the hustle and bustle if that's what you what. there weren't enough plug sockets in the dorm and the bathroom gets too wet when showering. other than this it was great and clean. staff weren't too friendly but I'm independent and didn't need them for anything

The hostel facilities are top of the line, it is super nice and the AC is pretty good. It is in a prime location and easy to find. It is also super close to all the main sights in Granada. The staff was less than helpful, they were unwilling to help or even to converse with us during check in. The staff lacked enthusiasm and courtesy. It also was not the kind of hostel to meet new friends.

The hostel is great. However, the staff control the breakers preventing use of outlets. I use a cpap machine for apnea and during the night the staff turned off the outlet in which it was plugged.

I stayed here a couple of months ago and had a great time. Security is important to the very helpful staff with key card access to both the front door and your room. You are close to the pickup point for Alhambra. Also close by are many restaurants offering free tapas. Showers were phenomenal, with hot water and both soap and shampoo dispensers. Free breakfast wasn't the best but good enough when it's free. I would definitely recommend this place. Just keep in mind it's not a party atmosphere.

Not a great hostel for meeting people due to a lack of common areas (e.g. no bar, kitchen) and a generally high average age but overall a very good stay.