Al-Andalusí Hostel Reviews

64, Ibn Battouta, Tangier, Morocco

I have never felt more comfortable and safe in a hostel. The staff could not be more genuinely friendly and helpful, full use of kitchen facilities at anytime, rooms are beautiful, always clean, lots of common areas to relax in, most incredible rooftop terrace. As a solo female traveller I couldn't recommend this hostel more highly!

The roof terrace is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The beds were comfy and the whole hostel was clean. Wifi was good. Staff helpful and approachable, full of useful tips.

This hostel is in a great location in the medina and a close walk from the ferry. But... It has a definite bachelor feel; never any paper in the washrooms, broken toilets seats, breakfast left out well into the day (bread covered in flies!) ... The rooms and the terrace are beautiful but unfortunately there is little value added (ie tours, activities etc). Also some things claimed online did not materialise, such as city maps or welcome drink which were advertised.

Very nice terrace perfect for meeting new people

Nice hostel, but I wouldn't recommend the female dorm on the roof, it was really loud and without air con it got really hot at night making it difficult to sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The staff are really friendly and are willing to help out whenever necessary. My issue with the hostel was that it was a 'getting high' paradise, and you can smell it a lot. My room was on the roof (which was fine) but I was kept up by the smokers. Obviously it's circumstantial on your stay. Location is good, located in the markets. Free breakfast and good wi-fi connection.

We only spent one night here but we will definitely be returning! The instant we stepped through the door we felt at home, welcomed, and relaxed. The two deskers, Ayoub and Thomas, are hilarious and super chill. Very cool vibe among all the hostelers. And the terrace is gorgeous - I could sit up there for hours! Overall, I had a very positive experience. If you go, make sure to meet the chameleon! ;)

My friend and I spent the night here on our way to Marrakech. The place is beautiful, quite charming, in a central location within the medina. The guys that work here are beyond helpful and nice to chat with. The rooftop terrace is amazing and great place to hang out with other travelers. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone and stay again, thanks guys!

One of the best hostels ive stayed in. Good size, great staff, brilliant terrace, dope vibe. Will be coming back.

• 6th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel, really friendly staff and other guests. The location is great and an easy walk to the beach. Stayed in many hostels and hotels throughout morocco and by far the best!

• 4th Aug 2014

Everything was perfect, except I stayed there during the Eid Al-Fitr (holiday at the end of Ramadan) and the staff forgot (?) that all the shops would be closed during this day and so we didn't have breakfast because there was no food.

Great staff! The only thing that might have made my stay a little better would be if if they provided lockers or something to safely keep my important belongings. Other than that, it was very clean and beautiful on the inside. Also- great breakfast in the morning!

Really friendly hostel staff were great directed us to a really cool local place to get a drink. Clean good kitchen and ample breakfast

Very well run hostel, clean, beautiful and close to everything. The highlight is without the owners, Alex, Thomas and Ayoub go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and at ease. Brilliant place to stay and I will be back.

Great hostel,had a great time there, location is nice, free breakfast.

Great hostel without any distracting gimmicks or offers of trips that some others have. Just a group of nice, open guys running it, a relaxed atmosphere and beautiful views.

We enjoyed our stay at Al-Andalusi. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms clean, nice breakfast, chilled atmosphere. Great rooftop terrace. Would recommend this place. Thanks guys

Great place to stay, with great staff, and good location right in the heart of the medina.

It was really great! The boys at the hostel are really nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and cozy and the breakfast is tasty. Looking forward on returning one day!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Staffs spoke good English, the hostel was clean and cozy enough. The location would be a little be difficult to find, but its not far from main tourist spots. Especially i like the terrace, where travelers could sit and chill out.