Al-Andalusí Hostel Reviews

64, Ibn Battouta (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

The building itself is really fun to exlpore, and the roof is a double-tiered sanctuary that is amazing (especially during the calls to prayer). The staff is hilarious and fun to be around and talk to. The really connect the people who are there. A great place.

Great hostel. Alex and Ayoub are two chilled out and funny guys (Ayoub is bonkers, hilarious) and made me feel at home both inside and out of the hostel. Breakfast and rooms are good, roof terrace is awesome, wifi also decent. Felt less like a hostel and more like a large family home. A little hard to find but once you get your bearing it's easy. If I ever find myself back in Tangier I know where to stay. Thanks guys.

I came specifically to ring in the New Years Moroccan style & my experience was anything short of disappointing! The staff was awesome! A full spread was prepared with fish & crawfish from the port along with homemade sangria! Throughly enjoyed the ritual evening jam sessions on the rooftop/balcony with its nice ambiance. The location couldn't have been anymore perfect in the heart of the medina I had the opportunity to socialize daily with the locals which made for an all around great trip! A1!

Really helpful staff and they are doing everyting to make your stay as good as possible. Great terrace on the top of the hostel.

This wasn't a great hostel as reviews indicated. First, it was impossible to sleep. Other fellow residents I spoke to agreed. The staff and his friends were yelling down all four flights of stairs at obscene hours of night/morning, blasted party music all night, and were, while friendly enough, very unprofessional. The rooms were tiny and cramped, no lockers, blankets smelled like body odor and sweat. I also got severe food poisoning from food that the hostel ordered. Yuck.

Hello,we were having a new year's eve party, so everybody could celebrate, this is not something usual, we stopped the music at 2am and at that time, there were still customers up in the terrace having fun. Regarding the food, we all ate the same and no one beside you got poisonned, so it might be from somewhere else. The fish we brought came straight out from the fisihing port so it couldn't be more fresh. Anyways, sorry if you guys didn't enjoy the party, we tried our best to please everyone

Nice calm place and welcoming staff. Very clean and well equipped tiny common kitchen off the commun area (NOT in the rooms as advertised). On the down side : the small rooms are windowless (save for one on roof) and humid and the mattress was in such terrible shape (compacted rock hard with lumps and crevasses). I hardly got any sleep at all. Too bad really.

I just love it!!! The guy that orks there, Ayoub, is so nice and he helped me with everything and answered every my question, he was just so kind. And the atmosphere was warm, friendly, I felt like I came into a big family. I really loved it!!!

Good location, helpful and interesting staff and relaxed atmosphere. Got lots of friends there in the hostel and continued the Moroccan trip with them.

I would definitely recommend this hostel as a woman traveling alone. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable, and I had a great stay!

• 12th Dec 2015

Hostel situated in the heart of the medina but very safe. Staff are excellent the guy was very knowledgeable and went out of his way to help me with directions/recommendations. Breakfast was amazing and everything was clean. The hostel is really cool and very Moroccan. The beds were really comfy and the terrace was cool to chill out on. I would stay here again.

The friendliest place to stay in Tangier. A bit tricky to find at first but the staff is super helpful with everything. Great breakfast!! Amazing views from the roof terrace.

Wonderfull place at the middle of Medina!!

Ayoub made our trip! We wouldn't have done half the things we did without his help. We really enjoyed the terrace and enjoyed the time spent at the hostel.

My friends and I weren't sure of what to expect on our trip to Tangier since we decided to go last minute, but the staff here truly made our stay memorable! They were very knowledgeable of the area and gave us great suggestions on things to do and places to eat at. I've never been to a hostel where the staff made it a point to hang out with their residents. This made it feel like home. We hung out on the terrace (which was beautiful) and had great jam sessions. I would definitely stay here again

Thanks for the warm welcome, it was great to meet you guys and we had a great stay in Tangier - just a shame we didn't get to stay for longer!

Tangier was supposed to be just a stopover for me before I leave Morocco, but this hostel made Tangier more meaningful and memorable than expected! The people from this hostel treated their guest like their friends and were very helpful in giving recommendations. The vibe was very chill and fortunately for us, there's a really cool band (band of/friends w/ the owner alex) who hangout and played music while there. Sooo cool!! Best hostel experience. Hands down.

Good location in the Medina (but you'll probably needs a guide first time in). Moroccan riad style. Great vibe. Very helpful and knowledgeable multilingual manager. Generous continental breakfast included. Good value. Would stay again.

Great breakfast ! Great beds, very clean hostel! Roof top terrace was awesome. Overall great value for money. Would highly recommend.

I stayed at Al-Andalusi for four nights over Halloween weekend, and the experience was excellent. Everyone in the hostel was very helpful, the breakfast included with the rooms was delicious--mainly pastries, fruits, your choice of juices and fresh coffee--and I felt safe and comfortable throughout my entire stay. The hostel is well into the Medina, which may prove confusing at first but, again, the staff can usually provide good directions and great recommendations for anything in Tangier.

• 29th Oct 2015

This was our first stop in Morocco and would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Tangier for a few nights. Al Andalusi is a very musical hostel with a chill rooftop area and if you brought your instruments along, jump in the jam. Alex fed us a ton of information about the area and our next city on our schedule to visit. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best we've had on this long journey, not to mention it was included with your stay. Thank you for everything, Alex!

« first « Prev 1 2 3