Al-Andalusí Hostel Reviews

64, Ibn Battouta (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

We loved this place! the staff is awesome, the rooftop's view and the location are great. We enjoyed a nice dinner together with the host and other guests. make sure to listen to "les fils de detroit" in a bar close by while having some minttea. We highly recommend this hostel!

The owners are incredibly welcoming and super cool. Would recommend this hostel to anyone whose looking for a laid back atmosphere - the breakfast is unreal! Location wise it's very close to the medina itself and close to a taxi stand as well. Loved the stay

Al-Andalusi is a spectacular hostel. It was my very first time travelling to Morocco. The hostel is fairly spacious and clean - the only aspect of the hostal I was not fond was the washrooms. There is no divider between the shower and the toilet which is something I am definitely not accustom to being from Canada. However, I would definitely stay here again. The location is very central to many points of interest and only a 10-15min walk from the port where you take the ferry. Amazing staff!

• 15th Aug 2015

very good experience, the staff is soooo helpful and friendly at all the time...and the morning breakfast included...mmmm...just what you need to start your day :) thank u guys, I hope to see u again!

They have everything you need, and leaves little to be desired, especially for the low price. Would recommend to anyone staying in Tangier

Great staff, the two guys running it work incredibly hard to please travellers, both very knowledgable on not just Tangier but the rest of Morocco. Clean, good breakfast and top terrace

When flights were being canceled and cash machines weren't working and everything seemed to be going wrong I could always coin on this place and the staff and fellow travellers to put my mood right again. The evenings on the roof laughing, talking, playing guitar felt more like camping with friends than staying in a strange environment. When my flight was canceled and didn't know what to do I went straight back and stayed another night with no fuss. Fantastic time! Hope to return some day soon!!

super hostel

Fantastic hostel, perhaps the best I've ever stayed. Beautiful building, attentive multilingual staff, incredibly clean, lovely roof terrace and a great breakfast. The hostel is located in the labyrinthine medina, which is a great location but not too easy to find on arrival. Coming from the point, you can easily find place du 8 avril 1947 on foot, then enter the medina through rue d'italie. One of the local kids will happily take you the rest of the way for 5-10 dhiram.

Very relaxed, sociable hostel in medina - nice communal social spaces and good breakfast (though you might struggle if you want breakfast early). Room could be a bit noisy (slept with windows open due to climate) and no curtain to keep out light, though slept quite well anyway. Bit hard to find at first (isn't everywhere in the medina!) but once we knew we found it easy to get back to :)

• 17th Jul 2015

Great location, right in the Medina. Friendly staff - Ayub was great for giving us info on Chefchaouen and about the culture in general. It was really easy to get from place to place (although we did get a bit lost!) Lockers in the room would have been useful as we were sharing a dorm room. The room we were in originally was SO hot, but the staff were happy to move us. Wifi is strong on the lower floors but doesn't work on the top two. Overall it's a good place to stay.

gota say this is 1 of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. As soon as you arrive you feel welcome with the offer of free fruit. Authentic morrocan building, ensuite bathrooms, great terrace with nice views of the city. The staff are brilliant, such good fun, loved the jams on the terrace. 100% recommend this hostel.

This hostel is amazing. Beautiful terrace, really friendly atmosphere, wifi, hot showers, soft clean beds, and a really decent breakfast. This place checks everything you need out of a hostel and the atmosphere is so great you never want to leave. Ayoub makes the place that much better!

Great staff, an awesome vibe, and a beautiful riad all made this hostel a delight to stay at. Make sure you spend sunsets and sunrises on the rooftop.

great place! alex is so helpful about everything Morocco! would go back anytime

Breakfast was fantastic! Best breakfast I've had in a hostel. The staff were really friendly and really helpful. The terrace is amazing.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff at this hostel are some of the most friendly people I have met! As with any hostel in a medina it wasn't that straight forward to find. The rooms were a decent size and comfortable beds. The breakfast was AMAZING loads of fresh fruit, pastries, tea, coffee, bread, jam, juice. Wifi wasn't the best, but worked well on the ground floor. Would gladly stay here again.

This is probably my favorite hostel that I've ever stayed at, and for a lot of reasons. The entire building is gorgeous, with a rooftop terrace that is easily my favorite place in Tanger and more bathrooms than any amount of guests could need. The staff are friendly, the breakfast spread has a ton of variety, and the bed I slept in felt like a firm pillow. I spent more time in the hostel than I did out in Tanger!

The staff were excellent. The taxi driver didn't know the area and the person on the desk came to meet me. He was also very accommodating and moved me to the first floor after I discovered the Wi-Fi signal didn't extend the the third floor. I left early to catch the ferry and check out was smooth. The location is good in the heart of the Medina, and a short walk to the ferry terminal (15 minutes or so). The rooftop balcony is a plus.

I really loved my stay in this hostel! The receptionist was so friendly, funny and helpful. Rooms are lovely furnished in moroccan style. Good location in the medina. Great roof terrace