Al-Andalusí Hostel Reviews

64, Ibn Battouta (Medina), Tangier, Morocco

Great hostel, in the old medina, and not too hard to find. Staff was friendly and helpful. Don't miss the view from the terrace!

My room was located on the terrace and it had an excellent view. The location is ideal since many of the tourist attractions were within walking distance and it was easy to find restaurants/cafe. The only place that I received WiFi was on the main floor and the first floor. There was limited hot water, I had to take a shower on the second floor because my room did not get any. The staff was great and helped me out a lot.

후기가 거의없어 불안했는데 이제까지 묵었던 모로코호스텔중에서 가장깨끗하고 찾기도쉽고 좋았어요

Staff was awesome! Super friendly, went out of their way to get me water and a heater.

We really enjoyed our stay at that hostel!! It was one of the best part of visiting Tanger! They were extremely nice and friendly :) Our room was clean and the beds were SO comfy!! The staff was nice! We arrived late and didnt feel comfortable trying to find the hostel in the medina alone (we were 4 girls traveling), so one of the staff came to meet us in the Plaza and showed us the way. They also prepared an early breakfast just for us as we had to leave early. Nice rooftop terrace too! :D

Great little hostel...Awesome staff... Little bit to find the hostel but that is like anything in the old medinas.

• 8th Dec 2014

Thank you for your nice comment. Merry Christmas.

the guys working here are super nice and helpful. place is spotless, looks and feels huge. easy to get to as its out the outer edge of the medina which is really handy and convenient.

Thank you Tina. We were pleased to have you at our hostel. Come back soon or see you in our other hostels : Granada (spain), Fez... Merry Christmas !

Had a great stay at the hostel, although we were only there for one night we could have easily stayed another week, The staff were great and really helpful. The only difficulty we had was the location so be sure to have a detailed map to show the taxi driver as ours couldn't read and ended up bringing us miles away, the hostel itself is very central and once we found it it was easy to find our way back again. Will definatly stay here again on my next trip to Tangier, ***** - Simon

Al Andalusi was rather quiet for the night that we stayed there, but the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! It is a beautiful building and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful, but have an interesting approach in that they will have dinners with their own friends in the common area and got high in the presence of guests - which we found a bit unprofessional.

Great find in Tangiers. Hot at night with no AC or fan provided. Have to open the window which makes noisy nights. But slept okay with a pair of earplug. Got the room with a kitchenette which is handy for meals. Clean room but a little outdated. Fairly close to the train/bus station.

Great spot. It's in la medina, which is where you want to stay in Tanger. The rooftop terrace is a great place to chill out, and the staff was very friendly.

Staff was welcoming and helpful, and the breakfast was decent. Our room was sparse (only bunk beds with no other furniture) but comfortable. It was ideal for our one night in Tanger.

• 20th Oct 2014

They don't actually have 24 hour reception as listed. I arrived around 8 am hoping to drop my bags until check in and no one was around. Other guests that were waiting in the lobby to check out let us in, so it wasn't a huge issue but if we planned to arrive at night it may have been. The place was clean, each room has a private bathroom and terrace. Nice place overall

Lovely place to stay! Gorgeous rooms, great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, and really conducive to getting to know other travelers. I loved the terrace upstairs overlooking the city. It's in a good location to be able to explore Tangier.

Great location with easy access to the medina and the new city. The terrace has great views and is a good place to relax. One complaint is that the hostel is relatively noisy - both from within the hostel (the water heater is a loud one) and from the alley below. Breakfast as so-so standard fare.

Hostel is difficult to find in the medina. As a solo traveller, felt anxious trying to find the place as the walkway narrows near the hostel. Staff, cleanliness, value all on par for Morocco. Lacks facilities. No lockers for valuables. I would recommend looking for a hostel with a better location, prices are so cheap anyways.

Really nice hostel, great relaxing atmosphere, good breakfast. The showers could only be a bit better. Main negative point is not so much to do with the hostel, but when you arrive and you are almost at your hostel there is a guy (Ali is his name i believe) who wants to bring you to your hostel (just roughly 100m before, takes you on a detour and then wants money when you arrive at the hostel and is not happy with a little bit, without this guy scamming everyone, rating would be much higher.

• 8th Oct 2014

A compact hostel in a great locality. Friendly, welcoming, helpful staff. Comfortable beds and hot showers. Really easy to access train and bus station. I enjoyed my stay here and would certainly recommend it to others.

Not much choice in hostel world for tangier. I choose this one because it is near the main road, i would recomment it. As the old city is very narrowed street that u are very easy to get lost and dangerous. This one at least locate at somewhere have lots of people around. The cons is the old city is a very traditional and cultural place to visit. Remember to be extremely ware for ur safety and valuables. The building itself is also very traditional morocco styled.

I had a lovely time at Al-Andalusi. Staff was friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was both fun and relaxed, and breakfast was delicious.