Al-Andalusí Hostel Reviews

64, Ibn Battouta, Tangier, Morocco

Great location with easy access to the medina and the new city. The terrace has great views and is a good place to relax. One complaint is that the hostel is relatively noisy - both from within the hostel (the water heater is a loud one) and from the alley below. Breakfast as so-so standard fare.

Hostel is difficult to find in the medina. As a solo traveller, felt anxious trying to find the place as the walkway narrows near the hostel. Staff, cleanliness, value all on par for Morocco. Lacks facilities. No lockers for valuables. I would recommend looking for a hostel with a better location, prices are so cheap anyways.

Really nice hostel, great relaxing atmosphere, good breakfast. The showers could only be a bit better. Main negative point is not so much to do with the hostel, but when you arrive and you are almost at your hostel there is a guy (Ali is his name i believe) who wants to bring you to your hostel (just roughly 100m before, takes you on a detour and then wants money when you arrive at the hostel and is not happy with a little bit, without this guy scamming everyone, rating would be much higher.

• 8th Oct 2014

A compact hostel in a great locality. Friendly, welcoming, helpful staff. Comfortable beds and hot showers. Really easy to access train and bus station. I enjoyed my stay here and would certainly recommend it to others.

Not much choice in hostel world for tangier. I choose this one because it is near the main road, i would recomment it. As the old city is very narrowed street that u are very easy to get lost and dangerous. This one at least locate at somewhere have lots of people around. The cons is the old city is a very traditional and cultural place to visit. Remember to be extremely ware for ur safety and valuables. The building itself is also very traditional morocco styled.

I had a lovely time at Al-Andalusi. Staff was friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was both fun and relaxed, and breakfast was delicious.

I have never felt more comfortable and safe in a hostel. The staff could not be more genuinely friendly and helpful, full use of kitchen facilities at anytime, rooms are beautiful, always clean, lots of common areas to relax in, most incredible rooftop terrace. As a solo female traveller I couldn't recommend this hostel more highly!

The roof terrace is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The beds were comfy and the whole hostel was clean. Wifi was good. Staff helpful and approachable, full of useful tips.

This hostel is in a great location in the medina and a close walk from the ferry. But... It has a definite bachelor feel; never any paper in the washrooms, broken toilets seats, breakfast left out well into the day (bread covered in flies!) ... The rooms and the terrace are beautiful but unfortunately there is little value added (ie tours, activities etc). Also some things claimed online did not materialise, such as city maps or welcome drink which were advertised.

Very nice terrace perfect for meeting new people

I think it says a lot when a lifetime of pleasant memories is accumulated from one night! Our time at Al-Andalusi was awesome!! Alex, Ayoub, and Thomas were amazing hosts! They're easy-going and genuinely nice. My sister and I felt so comfortable in the hostel and wished we stayed for more than the one night. It is beautifully decorated and just so chill! We will most definitely stay in this hostel again!

Nice hostel, but I wouldn't recommend the female dorm on the roof, it was really loud and without air con it got really hot at night making it difficult to sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The staff are really friendly and are willing to help out whenever necessary. My issue with the hostel was that it was a 'getting high' paradise, and you can smell it a lot. My room was on the roof (which was fine) but I was kept up by the smokers. Obviously it's circumstantial on your stay. Location is good, located in the markets. Free breakfast and good wi-fi connection.

We only spent one night here but we will definitely be returning! The instant we stepped through the door we felt at home, welcomed, and relaxed. The two deskers, Ayoub and Thomas, are hilarious and super chill. Very cool vibe among all the hostelers. And the terrace is gorgeous - I could sit up there for hours! Overall, I had a very positive experience. If you go, make sure to meet the chameleon! ;)

My friend and I spent the night here on our way to Marrakech. The place is beautiful, quite charming, in a central location within the medina. The guys that work here are beyond helpful and nice to chat with. The rooftop terrace is amazing and great place to hang out with other travelers. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone and stay again, thanks guys!

One of the best hostels ive stayed in. Good size, great staff, brilliant terrace, dope vibe. Will be coming back.

• 6th Aug 2014

Lovely hostel, really friendly staff and other guests. The location is great and an easy walk to the beach. Stayed in many hostels and hotels throughout morocco and by far the best!

• 4th Aug 2014

Everything was perfect, except I stayed there during the Eid Al-Fitr (holiday at the end of Ramadan) and the staff forgot (?) that all the shops would be closed during this day and so we didn't have breakfast because there was no food.

Great staff! The only thing that might have made my stay a little better would be if if they provided lockers or something to safely keep my important belongings. Other than that, it was very clean and beautiful on the inside. Also- great breakfast in the morning!

Really friendly hostel staff were great directed us to a really cool local place to get a drink. Clean good kitchen and ample breakfast