Al Gallo Reviews

S.Croce 88, Venice, Italy

The hotel is located pretty close to the railway station, which is a plus. However, the rooms and public areas are not clean and the walls are so thin, we could actually hear our neighbour's phones' "low battery" signals. The mattresses are also pretty weird. But since it is more than twice cheaper than any other hostel in the area, I guess we shoud've expected that. It's acceptable value for money and the staff was pretty nice and helpful.

Location is close to both the train and bus stations. It's great if you have early morning flights out of Venice--makes getting to the airport very easy. Facilities were basic. I was able to get a single room for a reasonable price. Wifi is free and works well. Location is a little far from San Marco Square (20 min walk) but I would stay here again!

The address in google and hostel world is not precise. They give you the neighbourhood but not the street coz ther are many streets with that name. It's a good idea to call before start walking randomly or look at the hostelworld map.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Uruguay

It's clean and tidy and staff was very nice and friendly. But location is quite hard to find and there is a limit on the time of wifi that you can use. ;(

Staff was really cool, very helpfull, but the shower at our room didn't work correctly, and it's door was broken. We booked a double bed private room and it was not a double bed, but to single beds joined together.

Cute room!

Wonderful location. Good and cheaper things around Al Gallo compared to st Marks Square region, although you can get to st Marks in 20 min.

• 9th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were very helpful and flexible. With an amazing location and free coffee there isn't much to complain about.

I was honestly afraid accommodation in Venice would all be bad, and considering the price we paid, we had our doubts. But Al Gallo is really a great place. It's really comfortable, the bed is good and the showers were amazing. The room was big too. The staff was friendly and were truly helpful and nice every time. It's very near the train and bus station, and quite close to the main sites around the two big islands, so you don't need to take vaporettos (expensive).

The room was lovely clean and spacious, however they charge your entire stay to your credit card before arrival and could not explain in English the payment process to me. I had to check my bill to clarify. great location.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts