Al Salam Camp Reviews

Ramlah Village, West Bank, Luxor, Egypt

Al Salam Camp is a taste of real Egypt. You can swim in the Nile, experience great Egyptian cooking (suppers are negotiated separately, but definitely worth it), converse with Egyptians knowledgeable about today's struggles. You are in the village outside the heart of Luxor, but close. Bike ride to the Valley of the Kings is doable (though I found it challenging). My stay in Al Salam Camp was one of the highlights of my trip to Egypt, for I felt as though I was taken into an Egyptian family.

Nice place on the west bank.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Spain

The owner literally welcomed us into his home. He and his family are very nice hosts. I recommend to all who stay there to chose to eat at the camp. The food offered there is simply amazing. Staying in Luxor would not have been nearly as nice if we would not have chosen that camp.

• 4th Apr 2015