Fabulous 98 Total Reviews
Fabulous 98 Total Reviews
Al Salam Camp Located at Ramlah Village, West Bank, Luxor.
Egypt
Luxor Ramlah Village, West Bank
86% 98
25.6960267 32.6286649
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016

A truly fantastic stay. Ahmed was so helpful with organising tours and every little thing I needed or wanted. He met me at midnight at the bus station when I arrived and then took me to the train station when I left. Made my stay in Luxor so easy and stress free. The camp itself is so easy going and relaxed, the perfect stay for any backpacker or family on a budget.

• England, Couple, 31-40
21st May 2016

My wife and I are overlanding Africa and coming across Al Salam camp was like a hidden oasis. Ahmed is incredibly hospitable making sure we had everything to make us comfortable. The camp was very spacious, with room for us to reorganize our truck and even do some repairs on old CanCan (our Hilux Surf). Ahmed was extremely helpful by helping find a mechanic and translating for us the work that needed to be done. Great place to stay if you are looking for a more genuine egyptian experience.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
21st May 2016

Peaceful getaway on the West Bank. This is a great place to stay; everything from the accommodation itself to the host and the price. Ahmed is a nice guy and I really enjoyed our chats over a cup of hot tea. I loved the location of the camp! Close to the ferry, The toilets and shower are clean and do the job. Ahmed also cooked a delicious meal for a great price, and there was so much leftover. The camp is a great place to relax, absorb the tranquility, and watch the sunset over the Nile!

• USA, Couple, 25-30
21st May 2016

Great experience at unique camp. If you are looking for a special and relaxed place to stay in the West Bank of Luxor, this is it. Very cool under the trees with lots of birds keeping you company. The best part was the dinner the host cooked us. It is the best option and cheapest option for dinner around there. Definitely go for it. If you want something different from the typical hotel and want to save some money, consider Al Salam Camp.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016
3.1

Dishonest and a bad scam. I stayed for 3 nights at the dorm bed price 20 pounds, but at the end Ahmed presented me a bill of 660 pounds including the laundry, bicycle and meals. He offered a lot of "nice gestures" and never told me the hidden price. He made me have fish twice (55 pounds each) without asking me. Laundry was 35 pounds, bicycle per day was 35 pounds, motor boat 15 pounds. All were overcharged. Camp was hot, no wifi, one night no water. Extremely bad and unfair business tactic.