Al Salam Camp Reviews

Ramlah Village, West Bank, Luxor, Egypt

Nıce peaceful hostel and part of town. Rooms are super cheap and the food was great and well-prıced. Luxor ıs a bıt crazy at the moment ın terms of everyone makıng conversatıon wıth the aım of organısıng a tour or somethıng wıth you, as there ıs much less tourısm there than a few years ago. Al Salam Camp though ıs on the more laıd-back West Bank, and Ahmed also has a relaxed character. A mınıbus from near the ferry for an egyptıan pound wıll get you to the tıcket offıce. Great homestay!

I stayed in many camp before but this is one of the best and clean place therefore i came back for another night before leaving Luxor. I was given a private room with fan and mosquito net but I only pay a dorm price. The toilets are clean and there is hot showers too. Ahmed the owner is very informative about luxor and can help you with most request. When he knows I spent all my money, he made me lunch so that I can survive my trip home :) this place is quiet at night too for a good sleep.

Camp is good place if you want a peace and rest of the street :)

• 25th Aug 2015