8.0
Fabulous 93 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 93 Total Reviews
Al Salam Camp Located at Ramlah Village, West Bank, Luxor.
Egypt
Luxor Ramlah Village, West Bank
80% 93
25.6960267 32.6286649
    Rooms available

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016
3.1

Dishonest and a bad scam. I stayed for 3 nights at the dorm bed price 20 pounds, but at the end Ahmed presented me a bill of 660 pounds including the laundry, bicycle and meals. He offered a lot of "nice gestures" and never told me the hidden price. He made me have fish twice (55 pounds each) without asking me. Laundry was 35 pounds, bicycle per day was 35 pounds, motor boat 15 pounds. All were overcharged. Camp was hot, no wifi, one night no water. Extremely bad and unfair business tactic.

17th Dec 2015

Nıce peaceful hostel and part of town. Rooms are super cheap and the food was great and well-prıced. Luxor ıs a bıt crazy at the moment ın terms of everyone makıng conversatıon wıth the aım of organısıng a tour or somethıng wıth you, as there ıs much less tourısm there than a few years ago. Al Salam Camp though ıs on the more laıd-back West Bank, and Ahmed also has a relaxed character. A mınıbus from near the ferry for an egyptıan pound wıll get you to the tıcket offıce. Great homestay!

• kenshi_1982
  • Singapore, Male, 31-40
25th Nov 2015

I stayed in many camp before but this is one of the best and clean place therefore i came back for another night before leaving Luxor. I was given a private room with fan and mosquito net but I only pay a dorm price. The toilets are clean and there is hot showers too. Ahmed the owner is very informative about luxor and can help you with most request. When he knows I spent all my money, he made me lunch so that I can survive my trip home :) this place is quiet at night too for a good sleep.