Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

Good option for those who look for a good location, no matter the environment of the neiborghood. Great atmosphere and the staff is really nice. There is a lack of signs for distinguishing the hostel. Good relation price-quality.

Good, small hostel in the hosts apartment. There weren't many other guests when I stayed there and as a result the atmosphere of the hostel was quite lousy. The staff were lovely and very friendly. The free breakfast is only a croissant. Overall a comfortable stay

Really good value for money here. Dorm was spacious and common rooms are really nice. Good location close to food stores and main attractions. Host really welcoming and enthusiastic. Breakfast nice. Lacking a bit of atmosphere but we weren't travelling in peak season. Really noisy at night due to bars/clubs close by.. Bring your earplugs! Wifi didn't work from my bed. But no major problems, would stay here again :)

The area feels really dodgy and is kinda loud, would be great if ur after a night out, Super close to the station n ferry port. The owner is built like a bear and is super friendly, and all the staff and guests were beautiful like a reality TV show.

I loved this hostel, located in the most lively neighbourhood of Palermo. It feels like you are welcomed in someone's house The furniture seems to be made out of salvage, croissants awaits you in the morning and you can always chat with the owner. Also, there are cats. They should really invest in a toilet seat though.

Absolutely loved this place, felt so much like a home, I easily could have whiled away a large chunk of time in Palermo because of this place and the people I met there. The kitchen is lovely to prepare food in, the bathrooms clean with plenty of hot water always. The beds very comfortable. Free biscuits and tea were always on offer and a free croissant/toast at breakfast never goes astray. It's located in one of the more happening parts of Palermo but I loved that! Thank you!

Not the very best first impression as the area around the seems a little bit run-down and everything is a bit smelly. But the hostel itself is really comfortable and the owner is very friendly and kind. So all in all I enjoyed my stay a lot... Nevertheless, people who can't handle a noisy environment at night or having cats around might prefer another place :)

I kept to the cancelation policy of the hostel and the hostel owner yelled at me upon informing him of the cancelation of a few of my nights there. He also told me I had to pay for all of the nights, after I refused he told me I could pay 7 euros extra stating that I was "making a lot of work" for him. I felt unwelcome and the staff was very uninformative. Would never recommend for a backpacker with an open schedule.

The location is unique: true italian feeling, not for The sensitives or scared ones. Lots of stairs. Noisy doors. Bathroom was kind of a mess, with loads of stuff stored there. The owner was friendly, but doesn't really give much information about The city. But The atmosphere was nice, The staff was friendly and The room was confy. I guess it was ok since it was much cheaper than other places in italy. Nice people staying there!

Obviously this is a completely subjective opinion. Too many stairs? And why did you choose this hostel, sorry? The owner does not provide sufficient information about the city? And why you don't ask me ? The bathroom was a mess? Maybe it had not yet been made cleaning, may be? The doors noisy? Strange, it is the first time I hear this criticism. Maybe this person should go to a bed and breakfast or in a hotel next time.

Because hostel is not to big everybody has fun with eachother and you make friends right away. The host was very friendly.

• 7th Sep 2015

This was a nice hostel in the Vucciria neighborhood, which is lively and fun. It is definitely like staying in someone's home! Margarita is so sweet and funny. The guys who worked at the hostel were very nice, but they did not particularly know a whole lot about the various sights around the city and how to get to them. They would try to help you look them up though.

One of the most memorable stays during my 5 months in Europe!! Martino, Margarita and the boys were so amazing and looked after me while I was sick, feeling very at home. Was so sad to leave the cosy atmosphere of this cute little family run hostel. Missing you guys!!

Extremely nice and cozy hostel in the heart of La Vucciria (hence, of Palermo!). Quiet and relaxed vibe, and unbelievable atmosphere at night if the police allows to party in the square next door! (although you might get some trouble to sleep if this is the case). Highlight: freshly backed croissants and Italian coffee for breakfast! Margarita is an excellent host, and the staff cool and friendly!

Amazing people working at the hostel just makes the whole stay even more pleasant. Accompanied by the décor and the space available for meditation an reflecting, Al Vucciria hostel ensures you are able to easily access different transport networks and still be close to the authentic local restaurants which is amazing!

Great hostel enjoyed my stay.

• 21st Aug 2015

the hostel owner and his mom we're the most gracious hosts. they promoted an atmosphere of friendliness and relaxation. the lockers in the room are a small so only keep your items you want secured versus your whole luggage. hostel was clean and the 2 workers there helping while I stayed made my trip that much more enjoyable. breakfast was a croissant and the kitchen was available to use with a grocery store nearby. arrive during the day if you can as it's difficult to find at night.

Margarita and Patrick treat us very well The hostel is great i really recomend it its a really frendly hostel the people were great!! One night the y invite us to the bucheria that was realy funny and local party Saludos de Uruguay nico majo & ale

• 16th Aug 2015