Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you. Thanks for all the help and advice finding my way around palermo. And for the fresh baked croissants each morning!

Very friendly and kind team who made us feel very welcome

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great Hostel to experience city life and have some really good nightlife. Host family is awesome. All the people I met were awesome.

The superfriendly staff welcomed me warmly when I arrived, told me how to get to beaches and into town. The location is near downtown so you can get everywhere by foot. Facilities were clean and rooms are bright. What I enjoyed most was the familiar atmosphere.

Place is great. Run by Martino, his wife and mother. All are so lovely, welcoming and Martino is hilarious. Slightly difficult to find but most stuff is in walkable distance. Rooms are nice and quite large. Free towels and breakfast is great. Best atmosphere I've had in a hostel after 4 months of travelling. Gotten to know heaps of people over 4 days. Definitely would go stay again.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel! The staff is very nice. Big bedrooms and clean.

Spacious, light-filled, and colorfully decorated digs in the middle of lively funky Vucciria make this a great place to crash in Palermo. Hosts Marguerita and Martino were welcoming, helpful and cheerful, and made me feel at home. Definitely recommend. Only complaint: PUT A SIGN ON YOUR DOOR!!! Three of us had a difficult time finding this place, as the street also has no sign, and walking around the block in circles on torn-up streets, with your suitcase bouncing behind you=not fun.

Me n my sis really enjoyed staying at this hostel! Margaret was so sweet lady n she took care about us giving advices.. In this hostel u will explore night time sounds of Palermo! Atmosphere is so local charming.. We loved it! Thank you! Ingrida and Lina

It was just like staying in a home (it is in fact, their home!). Margarita is absolutely beautiful and made my stay so comfortable. It's an absolutely perfect location, albeit a little tricky to find. There is no sign but there is a door with a buzzer labelled "hostel" to initially enter. I luckily stayed when the hostel was not full but can imagine with only 2 bathrooms (one shower and one toilet each) and a full hostel, it might be a bit hectic for some people. Look forward to the next visit!

Watch out for Martino's hugs!!!

Nice place, nice people, wanderfull home. I spend there a very good time

• 7th May 2015
  • Tunisia

Beautiful holiday Vucciria Hostel. The best hostel I have ever been. The hospitality and kindness of Martin, the owner, makes you feel immediately as if I were at home. Always smiling and helpful. Beautiful and bright large common areas. The wonderful blue terrace for sunbathing. As soon as possible I will definitely find Martino to its legendary hostel !!! Absolutely recommended for those who want to enjoy a holiday in the most exciting and distinctive in Palermo !!

• 6th May 2015

Great host/-el at the center of la vucciria

• 4th May 2015

I would not stay anywhere else if I go back to Palermo! The owner Martino is the best and it feels like you are invited in to his private home where you can totally be yourself. He is always there to help you and he always knows the names of everyone who lives there. There are only room for about 10 guests but it is still a good atmosphere and easy to meet new people! The hostel is located in a great very local area and be night a lot of cheap bars opens in the street. Had the best time here!

Wonderful hosts, always willing to help, comfortable home-like facility. CAUTIONS: allergic people beware of cats inside & balcony, much noise always on Friday & Sat nights.

Stoutly great hostel. Family run and Martino was fun, attentive, and helpful. The place was clean and comfortable and had a great hostel atmosphere where it's easy to meet people. Breakfast was fresh and free everyday. Right in the party part of town so great if you want to experience that. A little nosy in the weekends if that's not your thing. Highly recommend this place.

Had an excellent stay here. Martino and his mother are super nice and very charismatic and welcoming. The location is perfect, it was a bit confusing to find at first, but only because it's right at the a big party neighborhood and I arrived on a Saturday night, but it was awesome to see Palermo's unique street party atmosphere with all the street food and music. The hostel is very close, walking distance to all the main sights of the city. And great breakfast croissants!

Good hostel 10 min walking from station. provides kitchen for guests wifi and laundry. The owners are nice people

We absolutely loved our stay here. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Palermo's nightlife and so many amazing restaurants so close by. The owner of the hostel is hysterical and inviting, he clearly takes pride in his work and made me and my friend feel right at home with freshly made croissants and muffins in the morning as well as complimentary towels. Definitely would come back!

• 27th Mar 2015

We stayed 2 nights in Al Vucciria Hostel!The best hostel experience ever !not an exaggeration. The location is pretty central, so you can easily get anywhere with the public transport. No matter in the daytime or at night, it brings you a feeling of 'the passion of life!' and the hostel is also really close to the sea, just 5-10min walking. The owner, he and his Mum are very nice, thoughtful and interesting! We shared stories together and had much fun! Next time we will visit them for sure!

• 21st Mar 2015