Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

My 5 girl friends and I enjoyed staying at this hostel this past weekend. Overall it was a very nice place to stay. Martino was very accommodating with only one exception. He was a little too touchy-feely with one of my friends. It was clearly unwanted but yet he kept pursuing her. This may not be the case with every stay but it was with ours. It was inappropriate for the person running the hostel to make one of my friends feel uncomfortable while staying there.

A cozy and peaceful hostel! I visited Palermo on February,not many people were out there but I felt really comfortable and the owner,Martino is a nice,friendly guy :) Simply say hello to this Sicilian guy! The location is very city centre so that you can go everywhere from the hostel. It might be difficult to fine the hostel but don't be worried, you will find it. I wan't there on summer but it's sure packed so book it in advance and have fun in Palermo!!

Nice place in a good location with amazing beds. Breakfast was simple (just a croissant) and not always on time, they said 8-10 but the first morning nothing was ready till 8:30 and the last morning I left at 9 and no one had even gotten up yet. Also I'll agree with a previous reviewer in that the owner can come off as a bit too friendly. Overall a good stay, I would recommend.

Staying a Vucciria brought me back to life! I had a wonderful stay here. The environment is so nice, the location is perfect close to everything yet far enough to have solidarity. The people of Vucciria hostel were so kind and welcoming, sharing top spots and their gracious hostility. The beds are amazing, best sleep ever in a hostel !! Stay here!!

I am a British citizen and a doctor travelling with a cosmopolitan group of 3 of us . I am writing a collective opinion of 3. These guys make you feel at home reassured so you can enjoy Palermo better. Owner is a really friendly jovial Italian with a good heart. I have no hesitation in recommending him

Best city, best hostel! The hostel is located right in the heart of the historical center, easy to reach all the attractions. And it's a beautifully furnished Sicilian house, with a lovely cat courtyard on the rooftop. Margherita and Martino are very helpful and passionate. Will definitely stay in the Al Vucciria next time when I'm in Palermo!

The location of the hostel is in a prime spot. Very close by the water and to main streets. This hostel almost feels like a home because the owner of the hostel lives there with his mother. The mother is the absolute sweetest lady and so fun. To be completely honest, the owner can be a bit too friendly. I'm not sure if this is Italians in general but if you're a female traveling by yourself just be aware of this.

• 29th Nov 2014

The hosts were so kind and assisted me with anything I needed--I felt right at home! The hostel is large and comfortable, and is situated in the downtown area, but still near the sea, so everything was easily accessible; however it was also in a walking district so there was no vehicular traffic and was out of the normal tourist path. I only wish I had more time in Palermo so I could enjoy these comforts longer!

• 20th Nov 2014

Great atmosphere and staff. perhaps a few more signs as to where to go once past the main gait within the building would be good.

This hostel was great! Owned by a Family so definitely of a bed and breakfast vibe. The rooms were spacious/clean (bathrooms weren't cleaned daily...bht there were only 2 people during my visit since it was off season). Right in the heart of Palermo and walkable to train/bus stops. perfect place to stay on a first visit as Martin

It doesn't look like a normal hostel. The atmosphere is more like a friend's home. Room was quite clean and bed was cozy. And staffs are sooooo nice. Martino and his mom are great people. If I go to Palermo again, i will definately stay here again. Hope everything goes well.

Great Location and I felt like a friend to the family. Greetings Martino and Magaritha! First time in a mixed room and all guys were friendly and I had a lot of fun conersations with them. Will definitly visit again.

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. At least the best kitchen and nicest staff. They really makes you feel welcome and as a part to their family. Great service as well, instead of showing us on the map they walked us along to the closest atm etc. Overall a great hostel

Very interesting hostel runned by a nice family. Location is great. It's only a bit hard to find.

The atmosphere at the Vucciria Hostel is very unique and for us it was more like staying with friends than in a hostel. You get an insight on how the real Sicilians live in Palermo. The owner of the hostel was very warm and welcoming and made our stay as comfortable as possible. You could feel that his guests are very important to him. The house is very clean and well equipped, the dorms very cosy. Great hostel in the heart of Palermo, I recommend it to everybody and would defenitely go again!!

• 28th Aug 2014