Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

The location of the hostel is in a prime spot. Very close by the water and to main streets. This hostel almost feels like a home because the owner of the hostel lives there with his mother. The mother is the absolute sweetest lady and so fun. To be completely honest, the owner can be a bit too friendly. I'm not sure if this is Italians in general but if you're a female traveling by yourself just be aware of this.

• 29th Nov 2014

The hosts were so kind and assisted me with anything I needed--I felt right at home! The hostel is large and comfortable, and is situated in the downtown area, but still near the sea, so everything was easily accessible; however it was also in a walking district so there was no vehicular traffic and was out of the normal tourist path. I only wish I had more time in Palermo so I could enjoy these comforts longer!

• 20th Nov 2014

Great atmosphere and staff. perhaps a few more signs as to where to go once past the main gait within the building would be good.

This hostel was great! Owned by a Family so definitely of a bed and breakfast vibe. The rooms were spacious/clean (bathrooms weren't cleaned daily...bht there were only 2 people during my visit since it was off season). Right in the heart of Palermo and walkable to train/bus stops. perfect place to stay on a first visit as Martin

It doesn't look like a normal hostel. The atmosphere is more like a friend's home. Room was quite clean and bed was cozy. And staffs are sooooo nice. Martino and his mom are great people. If I go to Palermo again, i will definately stay here again. Hope everything goes well.

Great Location and I felt like a friend to the family. Greetings Martino and Magaritha! First time in a mixed room and all guys were friendly and I had a lot of fun conersations with them. Will definitly visit again.

• 18th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. At least the best kitchen and nicest staff. They really makes you feel welcome and as a part to their family. Great service as well, instead of showing us on the map they walked us along to the closest atm etc. Overall a great hostel

Very interesting hostel runned by a nice family. Location is great. It's only a bit hard to find.

The atmosphere at the Vucciria Hostel is very unique and for us it was more like staying with friends than in a hostel. You get an insight on how the real Sicilians live in Palermo. The owner of the hostel was very warm and welcoming and made our stay as comfortable as possible. You could feel that his guests are very important to him. The house is very clean and well equipped, the dorms very cosy. Great hostel in the heart of Palermo, I recommend it to everybody and would defenitely go again!!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Al Vucciria is simply the best hostel in Palermo. It was the second hostel I stayed in there, and it's one of the best I've ever stayed in, period. There's a perfect combination of traditional Sicilian and southern Italian hospitality, modern, clean and beautiful facilities, and a great location in a lively, loud and beautiful city. Martino, the proprietor, is simply amazing, crazy in that inimitable good way, and if you're lucky will even take you out! Great for meeting others (and locals) too!

Very welcoming hostel. Kind of tough to find, but the directions and google maps are very accurate. Owner was young, welcoming, and ensured that we felt comfortable. We had the room to ourselves and it had working air conditioning. Everything was clean and tidy. Fresh croissants in the morning added to the awesomeness of this place. Nothing fancy, but its a good place to go and sleep. Only downside was he had a cat in the hostel (stayed out of the rooms)...not good for people with allergies.

Great hostel, so much space and room to relax in your down time. Rooms have air-con which is a huge benefit in the heat of summer. Everything is kept VERY clean. Martino and his mum are crazy! They are very nice and helpful with all the guests. Located right in the center of the city. Good breakfast. Very hard to find, some more signage would be helpful. Great stay, thank you for everything.

This is a real gem! It feels more like living in a home than in a hostel. The common spaces are beautiful, it's centrally located, and our host couldn't be nicer. She always has a smile on her face and is very helpful and speaks great English. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and we had warm croissants waiting for us in the morning. Good wifi, nice roof terrace, and best of all an adorable cat named Loulou! Highly recommended.

• 21st Jul 2014

The hostel has a real Sicilian soul, it's furnished in that style and it has true sicilian owner. The thing that you could be bothered with are cats that are everywhere, and owners cat is offten even on the table. Beds are great, toilet clean and breakfast consist od one croissant and a coffe or tea. All in all a good stay.

A very nice hostel smack in the center of Palermo most exciting district. It had a very nice homey feeling to it, and Martino was a great host showing us his secret bathing place outside of Palermo. You'll never have a boring minute when Martino is around. Strongly recommended!

We stayed in the 6 bed room which I am so happy to say had air con as it was so hot! Beds were clean and comfy. When we found the hostel I wasnt convinced about the location in the back streets. We arrived in Sunday afternoon and the streets were quiet. However the streets came to life in the evening which carried in throughout the week. The hostel is in the hosts home which leads to an interesting and authentic experience. Breakfast was crossaint and coffee each morning.

• 6th Jul 2014

Very little travelers, the hostel had 2 other people while I was there. Hostel was clean and staff, if you can call it that, was accommodating. Palermo doesn't seem to have a typical backpacking environment.