Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

Amazing people working at the hostel just makes the whole stay even more pleasant. Accompanied by the décor and the space available for meditation an reflecting, Al Vucciria hostel ensures you are able to easily access different transport networks and still be close to the authentic local restaurants which is amazing!

Great hostel enjoyed my stay.

• 21st Aug 2015

the hostel owner and his mom we're the most gracious hosts. they promoted an atmosphere of friendliness and relaxation. the lockers in the room are a small so only keep your items you want secured versus your whole luggage. hostel was clean and the 2 workers there helping while I stayed made my trip that much more enjoyable. breakfast was a croissant and the kitchen was available to use with a grocery store nearby. arrive during the day if you can as it's difficult to find at night.

Margarita and Patrick treat us very well The hostel is great i really recomend it its a really frendly hostel the people were great!! One night the y invite us to the bucheria that was realy funny and local party Saludos de Uruguay nico majo & ale

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Uruguay

Very nice hostel!!, location is great and the staff is very cool :p. i have met great people there. The only issue is that hot water wasn't working :/

Friendly staff, easy to get to from the train station.

i stayed there for 4 nights, its a very nice place, from outside its not looking at all like a hostel..but then is it a nice surprise how cosy its looking inside ! margaretha and her son martino are very friendly hosts ant the cat lulu is very relaxed :) the place is very close to the central station and in the old eastpalermo part with a alive nightlife.. the rooms have airconditioning, this is very important especially in july/august .. i would go there again..

• 30th Jul 2015

The family were so lovely and helpful. A brilliant place to stay that I would highly recommend!

• 27th Jul 2015

Pros: Comfortable beds, good water pressure. Very home-y. Cons: 2 power outages during my stay. When I was there, the owner and his mother fought in the living room where I was sitting, making me very uncomfortable. In the mornings, they're both rushing out the door, too busy to accomodate any of your needs. They leave the house to two poorly trained volunteers. You're made to feel like an inconvenience any time you ask the owner anything, but if you can get past that it's a nice place to stay.

So, step one: The owner and his mother were arguing, maybe it was just the way they communicate or joking. It can not be ? But apparently, this was too difficult to understand for our guest. Step Two: In the morning we could not give proper attention to our guest because due to a short circuit to the electrical system we had to leave the house with much care to look for the electrician. To repair the damage. Step Three: If our guest felt uncomfortable during his stay at us, sorry.

This was the best Hostel I've ever been to. I haven't felt like staying in a Hostel but more like living with a hostfamily. On top of that the breakfast is very good, the rooms are big and clean, the location is good and it's definitely worth the money.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Austria

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay with you. Thanks for all the help and advice finding my way around palermo. And for the fresh baked croissants each morning!

Very friendly and kind team who made us feel very welcome

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great Hostel to experience city life and have some really good nightlife. Host family is awesome. All the people I met were awesome.

The superfriendly staff welcomed me warmly when I arrived, told me how to get to beaches and into town. The location is near downtown so you can get everywhere by foot. Facilities were clean and rooms are bright. What I enjoyed most was the familiar atmosphere.

Place is great. Run by Martino, his wife and mother. All are so lovely, welcoming and Martino is hilarious. Slightly difficult to find but most stuff is in walkable distance. Rooms are nice and quite large. Free towels and breakfast is great. Best atmosphere I've had in a hostel after 4 months of travelling. Gotten to know heaps of people over 4 days. Definitely would go stay again.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Really nice hostel! The staff is very nice. Big bedrooms and clean.

Spacious, light-filled, and colorfully decorated digs in the middle of lively funky Vucciria make this a great place to crash in Palermo. Hosts Marguerita and Martino were welcoming, helpful and cheerful, and made me feel at home. Definitely recommend. Only complaint: PUT A SIGN ON YOUR DOOR!!! Three of us had a difficult time finding this place, as the street also has no sign, and walking around the block in circles on torn-up streets, with your suitcase bouncing behind you=not fun.

Me n my sis really enjoyed staying at this hostel! Margaret was so sweet lady n she took care about us giving advices.. In this hostel u will explore night time sounds of Palermo! Atmosphere is so local charming.. We loved it! Thank you! Ingrida and Lina

It was just like staying in a home (it is in fact, their home!). Margarita is absolutely beautiful and made my stay so comfortable. It's an absolutely perfect location, albeit a little tricky to find. There is no sign but there is a door with a buzzer labelled "hostel" to initially enter. I luckily stayed when the hostel was not full but can imagine with only 2 bathrooms (one shower and one toilet each) and a full hostel, it might be a bit hectic for some people. Look forward to the next visit!

Watch out for Martino's hugs!!!