Al Vucciria Hostel Reviews

Via Argenteria 19, Palermo, Italy

Had an excellent stay here. Martino and his mother are super nice and very charismatic and welcoming. The location is perfect, it was a bit confusing to find at first, but only because it's right at the a big party neighborhood and I arrived on a Saturday night, but it was awesome to see Palermo's unique street party atmosphere with all the street food and music. The hostel is very close, walking distance to all the main sights of the city. And great breakfast croissants!

Good hostel 10 min walking from station. provides kitchen for guests wifi and laundry. The owners are nice people

• 9th Apr 2015

We absolutely loved our stay here. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Palermo's nightlife and so many amazing restaurants so close by. The owner of the hostel is hysterical and inviting, he clearly takes pride in his work and made me and my friend feel right at home with freshly made croissants and muffins in the morning as well as complimentary towels. Definitely would come back!

• 27th Mar 2015

We stayed 2 nights in Al Vucciria Hostel!The best hostel experience ever !not an exaggeration. The location is pretty central, so you can easily get anywhere with the public transport. No matter in the daytime or at night, it brings you a feeling of 'the passion of life!' and the hostel is also really close to the sea, just 5-10min walking. The owner, he and his Mum are very nice, thoughtful and interesting! We shared stories together and had much fun! Next time we will visit them for sure!

• 21st Mar 2015
  • China

The family (a mother and a son) that run it make you feel like you're at home, so it's more of a guest house than a hostel! They're very friendly and even let us hang out in the kitchen after check-out because it was raining. The location is perfect if you want to experience the lively Palermo nightlife, it's right in the center of all the action. However, the street gets pretty noisy at night, so if you need absolute silence when you sleep, this might not be the best place for you.

Other than the location, which was a little difficult to find and didn't have a visible sign, I had a fantastic stay. Martino and Margerita are wonderful people, the hostel was clean and comfortable. I have no complaints.

• 18th Mar 2015

I've spent 2 nights at Vucciria Hostel and it's been grand! Martino and his mother have been utterly kind and helpful: I've felt home!! Thanks, I'm looking forward to coming back and to better seeing this stunning town!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Vucciria Hostel is a perfect place to stay in Palermo. I stayed, in the hostel for a week- end and I was very happy of this choice! The rooms are clean, cosy , the bed were really comfy., and the terraces were beautiful. The owner, Martino was very kind and respecful, very frendly and always smiling, simply a great host! Very close to the station and good restaurants, I recommende to everybody.

• 5th Mar 2015

Quite an unusual hostel! In fact it's a spacious apartment belonging to a friendly woman and her son. There are 2 rather cramped dorms with 4 and 6 bed, kitchen and bathroom has to be shared. But you may use the whole apartment. For breakfast you get an italian croissant and there's the possibility to prepare coffee and tea on your own. The hostel is rather hard to find, but it's location is great to reach everything in the city!

My 5 girl friends and I enjoyed staying at this hostel this past weekend. Overall it was a very nice place to stay. Martino was very accommodating with only one exception. He was a little too touchy-feely with one of my friends. It was clearly unwanted but yet he kept pursuing her. This may not be the case with every stay but it was with ours. It was inappropriate for the person running the hostel to make one of my friends feel uncomfortable while staying there.

A cozy and peaceful hostel! I visited Palermo on February,not many people were out there but I felt really comfortable and the owner,Martino is a nice,friendly guy :) Simply say hello to this Sicilian guy! The location is very city centre so that you can go everywhere from the hostel. It might be difficult to fine the hostel but don't be worried, you will find it. I wan't there on summer but it's sure packed so book it in advance and have fun in Palermo!!

Nice place in a good location with amazing beds. Breakfast was simple (just a croissant) and not always on time, they said 8-10 but the first morning nothing was ready till 8:30 and the last morning I left at 9 and no one had even gotten up yet. Also I'll agree with a previous reviewer in that the owner can come off as a bit too friendly. Overall a good stay, I would recommend.

Staying a Vucciria brought me back to life! I had a wonderful stay here. The environment is so nice, the location is perfect close to everything yet far enough to have solidarity. The people of Vucciria hostel were so kind and welcoming, sharing top spots and their gracious hostility. The beds are amazing, best sleep ever in a hostel !! Stay here!!

I am a British citizen and a doctor travelling with a cosmopolitan group of 3 of us . I am writing a collective opinion of 3. These guys make you feel at home reassured so you can enjoy Palermo better. Owner is a really friendly jovial Italian with a good heart. I have no hesitation in recommending him

Best city, best hostel! The hostel is located right in the heart of the historical center, easy to reach all the attractions. And it's a beautifully furnished Sicilian house, with a lovely cat courtyard on the rooftop. Margherita and Martino are very helpful and passionate. Will definitely stay in the Al Vucciria next time when I'm in Palermo!

The location of the hostel is in a prime spot. Very close by the water and to main streets. This hostel almost feels like a home because the owner of the hostel lives there with his mother. The mother is the absolute sweetest lady and so fun. To be completely honest, the owner can be a bit too friendly. I'm not sure if this is Italians in general but if you're a female traveling by yourself just be aware of this.

• 29th Nov 2014

The hosts were so kind and assisted me with anything I needed--I felt right at home! The hostel is large and comfortable, and is situated in the downtown area, but still near the sea, so everything was easily accessible; however it was also in a walking district so there was no vehicular traffic and was out of the normal tourist path. I only wish I had more time in Palermo so I could enjoy these comforts longer!

• 20th Nov 2014

Great atmosphere and staff. perhaps a few more signs as to where to go once past the main gait within the building would be good.

This hostel was great! Owned by a Family so definitely of a bed and breakfast vibe. The rooms were spacious/clean (bathrooms weren't cleaned daily...bht there were only 2 people during my visit since it was off season). Right in the heart of Palermo and walkable to train/bus stops. perfect place to stay on a first visit as Martin