Aladin hostel Reviews

Tugomerjeva 56, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Decent place but very basic. It was clean, but the kitchen is in the hallway and not separated by doors

I was sick here, so great place to relax , right next to supermarket. very nice hostel owner. only problem is it is a lot more difficult to get there than stated

Good kitchen and rooms, you get a towel to use too which is always nice. Location isn't great, 40 min walk from old town and the bus is €1.20 (+€2 bus card) which adds up.

The rooms were clean enough. However the Hotel has kind of a weird atmosphere and you have to enter through a weird bar. The toilet paper was always missing and was only replaced after we asked 3 times for it.

The staff was friendly, it has a pool table and a market right next to the hostel. Our room had no AC and there was not hostel atmosphere

This is one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. I came back to my room one day to find someone sleeping in my bed. When I asked the staff member about it he said I had been moved rooms along with all of my stuff. Had I actually been informed of this then it wouldn't have been an issue. Also very few toilets actually had toilet paper, which I found out the hard way when I had to use my train ticket and a McDonald's receipt instead. - No atmosphere - 40 mins walk from town

The hostel is very good. Location is a bit far from the center, but it is a very easy 15-20 min walk or a 4 euros cab ride. Rooms are comfortable and bathroom is okay. There is few outlets in the rooms though. Tim and Roman, who are the owners are excellent. Always happy to help and gave us awesome tips on tours and day trips.

The hostel was nice and I had a good stay. However, it is really far out.

• 8th Aug 2015

We booked one night with a view to doing two more, but the hostel was so far away from everything that we stayed in a much nicer hostel in the centre of town for the other nights. Grumpy receptionist and cramped rooms. Would not recommend.

Sadly very far to walk from the train station with a backpack on & the ratio of people to shower/bathrooms wasn't great. Rooms do get pretty warm. But other than this a fine hostel, owners nice & good value for money.

• 8th Aug 2015

Dear Emily, I dont know what is far? It is withing walking distance...20 min to the down town city ceter. LIKE MOST OF HOSTELS and with this crazy temperatures that we have all over the world, yes! I know it gets hot, but the weather is something we dont have influence on. However we are running air cons day and night on full, but with 40 degrees outside; it is difficult for everione! Global warming doe. Sorry, we still do our best and will do in the future for comfort of stay. Welcome again

The most amazing hostel I've ever stayed! Staff are very welcoming and friendly, the room and shower room were very clean. (They provide towels to the guests!) A little far from City centre but it's still in walkable distance. I wished I could stay there longer!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Japan

I think it was far from city center. It took 15 min to bicycle. So aprox 30 min to walk.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Kind staff, good location, great showers... really really great showers.

• 30th Jul 2015

The location was right opposite a supermarket, however it was a lot further out of town than we had expected. It took 45 minutes to walk from the train station to the hostel at a normal walking pace. Other than the location it was a good value for money hostel!

We arrived at 7am in the morning due to an overnight bus. We understood that check-in wasn't scheduled until 1pm. We hung around in the common area all day as we were super tired, though when it came to 1pm our room still. Wasn't ready. We weren't able to get into our room until 3pm, which was a little reticulum considering they knew we were here all day.

We are very sorry that you had such an experience. We check in at any hour but sometimes some guests check out a litte later than check out time and if there are also a lot of rooms to be cleaned it can happen that rooms are ready a little later. We do wish that every guest gets a clean room and for that reason we do not hurry in a way that would affect the cleanliness. Also, no matter the check in time we also let guests in their rooms earlier if the room is ready, even at 7am if possible.

Very very nice staff, the owner is super helpfull. they sell urbana bus cards at the hostel for 3 euro's. you can ask anything. the supermarket and busstop are very close, only 5 minute walk at the most. the shower was clean, the toilets smelled a bit, but it was okay. overall great hostel with a lot of service! Would go again

The best part of Aldin hostel is the price. The rest is OK if you stay one night. The rooms are comfortable and more or less clean. The bathrooms are really small. The hostel is relatively far from the central station or the city center.

Really nice hostel and the owner helped us out a lot. Recommendations, calling cabs and if he knew I was with my girlfriend he would have given us a free upgrade he told us. I would absolutely recommend this hostel! Little bit far from the center but if you rent a bike (5 euro a day) you're in the city in no time!

The staff is amazing. They are really friendly, welcoming and happy to help you with anything you need. There were two downsides to the hostel: Its quite far from the city center, its quite a walk to get there, but there is a busstop 2min from the hostel and you can get a buscard from reception. Also the room got very hot as soon as the sun came out. We were told they're looking into an aircon for the room though.

Nice and clean hostel, a little bit further from the city center, but possible to walk. We liked the location by Tivoli park and walkable distance to Lublana ZOO. Friendly and helpful staff.