Aladin hostel Reviews

Tugomerjeva 56, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The hostel is pretty good but unfortunately we found two huge spins on the wall of the corridor..

The people here were great. The hostel was great too.

Extremely basic. Sheets are really old, look like they've been washed a thousand times. They also stunk of smoke. One towel for two people, which was also extremely tattered and old. No curtains on any of the windows, including the bathrooms, and no frosted glass. No kettle in the kitchen. Staff had bizarre sense of humour. Other guests were loud and noisy resulting in very little sleep. 2km walk to Ljubljana city - too far to walk for an evening meal, and little else close by.

Great location, close to supermarket, bakery, bus stop,... Very friendly staff, (helpful and carrying,..) Would recommend to everyone traveling to Ljubljana. The city is also very nice :)

• 5th Aug 2014

I had a very good time there. The staff was the best and I felt like at home. Hostel is clean and nicely maintained. Will come back. Thank you...

• 4th Aug 2014

Although it's quite far from the centre, the hostel is located close to a supermarket which means you can make good use of the fully equipped kitchen. The staff were very friendly and the laundry service is great. Even though there are ceiling fans, the rooms can get hot during the night. Would fully recommend this hostel if you are staying in Ljubljana!

• 3rd Aug 2014

it s regular hostel but kind of tiny ! but it s cheap en clean so ! i guess we can t have everything !

The bed was very uncomfortable - I could feel every spring in the mattress. Also, there was no toilet paper, and the bathrooms were dirty and smelled musty.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Poland

One of the friendliest personal you'll will ever see. My friend and I had some problems, but the man of the hostel was very helpful. He offered everything he could to help us. A cozy hostel.

IT IS THE WORST HOSTEL IN ALL OVER THE WORLD. THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU'LL HAVE A PRIVATE BEDROOM WITH PRIVATE TOILETTE,BUT WHEN YOU ARRIVE THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO SHARE IT WITH AN ANOTHER ROOM. THE HOSTEL IS SEATED VERY FAR FROM THE CITY CENTER. LUBIANA.. I WILL NEVER CAME BACK.

Staff couldn't have been nicer!

• 20th Jul 2014

I stayed extra nights here. A good place to work with my laptop. The hostel is away from the centre (about 20 minutes walking or 5 minutes by bus) but is is close to a huge park and that was great. Best room prices of Ljubljana.

The staff are incredible at Aladin Hostel. Friendly and always willing to help with anything. The rooms are nice and clean. Great value for money. Location is a little outside the main area, but taxis are cheap and buses are available.

We are always here to serve to the wordwide travelers which are open and fair people. We are happy to do that and we will also do that in the future. With all kindness and smile. Welcome!

Fantastic hostel, staff were extremely helpful I would recommend staying at Aladin Hostel if you're stopping in Zagreb. Kitchen facilities are brilliant as well as toilets/ showers. Can't stress how brilliant and helpful the staff were. The hostel is a very small distance from the centre but don't let this put you off, the walk is only 15 minutes or you can get a bus it's an extremely straightforward route and again the staff were happy to help! Also the supermarket is just across the road.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Dear Kathrine, Thanks for your stay in ourHostel Aladin. We always do our best and we will even improve from guest to guest and from day to day. We wish to give our guests maximum confort and a good memories from out city of Ljubljana and from all people in Slovenija. God bless :)

Staff friendly, rooms top rate, good Wi Fi connection, great atmosphere and really cheap to boot. Absolutely no complaints.

Pros: cheap, near a wood where you can see some ski ramps, close to the Kino Sisko bar Cons: really small dormitory, bathrooms do not lock, small shared area, commercial radio plays loud all day, far from the center, poor mastress For the same price , you can have really better and in the center.

Dear guest, as I read this, you might have messed up us with another Hostel. Bcs our Bathrooms are all renewed and locks are all new!, We are not close to the wood and sky ramp at all..., There is not a radio in our common place at all! however we are cheapest in Town but have a very good rating as our policy is to beat any price! Welcome next time, so you will see how here is. You'll even get welcome drink free :) God bless

Ljubljana is a small capital and the hostel was far out from the center. There were no lockers in the dorm. The man working in the reception was however very friendly and helpful.

Had the best time there in Aladin Hostel. Very helpful staff and very clean. Free internet is nice and fast too. My 4 bed dorm was fresh and comfortable. Would recomend these hostel! Thank you

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Austria

These hostel was great! Everything is very close, bus stop, ATM, supermarket,.. and many other things. Easy to get to the center of city in 5-10minutes. Very clean hostel and friendly staff! Will come again on my next trip to Ljubljana:)

• 15th Jun 2014

Good hostel. If you want to be within walking distance of everything I would recommend staying somewhere more central, however if you have a car and are going to be making day trips around the country (to the mountains, caves, etc) and just staying in Ljubljana, then it's great! This is what I did. They have a private carpark. The upstairs rooms can get VERY warm on hot days but in the common area downstairs it is comfortable. My only real complaint is the 10-Euro laundry cost. Ouch?!