Alajuela Backpackers Reviews

Alajuela right side of National Monument Juan Sant, 4th Ave , 4th ST,infront of parque de los ninos, Alajuela, Costa Rica

To stay at alajuelabackpackers was a very good decision. We arrived in the evening and took the chance to use the shuttle service from the airport to the hostel which made the arrival much easier. From the very first moment the staff was totally friendly and helpful and was always trying to answer our questions. The hostel itself was clean and the restaurant offers good food. Conclusion - I would come back.

• 12th May 2014

Rocky bed, no electric to charge any of our equipment, super noisy room on the third floor, we told the front desk we would find our own way to the airport but still someone woke us at 4am asking us if we needed a lift to the airport which was slightly annoying. I don't think I'll ever go back. To be fair it's fine if you are a traveling student, I wouldn't recommend it to any couples who like to sleep.

• 10th May 2014
  • Wales

The best stay for your first or last night in Costa Rica with free shuttle service. Very clean, modern and really nice. Perfect bar with good food and an awesome view!

some staff very helpful. Other less welcoming. In general good.

• 4th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Nothing fancy, but the perfect place to stay if you're traveling onward and need to be close to the airport. The bar was small but the pizza was good and the other bar-goers were friendly, and the shuttle to the airport was a huge plus!

For a one night stay to catch an early flight this is a great place to stay. I would not recommend an extended stay.

• 25th Apr 2014

I stayed there with my 7 year old son. We had a large, clean room that we enjoyed very much. The Hostel was very comfortable and had a nice and convenient bar/restaurant. It is 5 minutes from the airport for quick access for early flights!

• 21st Apr 2014

A very convenient location when you are in transit - close to the Airport and out of San Jose mess.

• 20th Apr 2014

Room 23, door to bathroom didn't close properly and the shower curtain was very dirty and smelt bad

• 17th Apr 2014

A lot of problems with internet...

Great location, particularly for the airport, and super helpful staff - very efficient for booking tours to nearby sites etc. The rooftop terrace is amazing! Highly recommended for a good value for money accommodation option.

• 12th Apr 2014

Professional, friendly staff. Location worked perfectly for me. I'm staying there again next week and again in May.

• 7th Apr 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was great to see the hostel is having some work done. We could walk all over town. Rooftop bar was nice. The free airport shuttle was on time and quick.

I didn't find the staff very smiley or helpful.t And i don't understand why they put music on so loud in the common areas, you can hardly make a phone call with all the noise. (couldn't call in my room because there was no wifi there)

• 23rd Mar 2014

There was no water during the day. We arrived on Saturday at 2.00 pm and couldn't use the shower or loo in our room until 7.00 pm. We had paid for a double room with a private bathroom, but were told we would have to use the bathrooms on the second floor (we were on the 4th floor). Then on the Sunday there was water first thing in the morning, but again nothing until the evening. Then the water went off again early on Monday morning. The bins in the bathroom weren't emptied at all.

• 22nd Mar 2014