Alamos 14 Reviews

Alamos 14, Malaga, Andalucia, Spain

All keys to the room had been lost. Hostel was a disaster regarding cleanliness and organization. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND OASIS HOSTEL.

• 28th Mar 2014

The hostel was under reconstruction while I stayed there. So dusty in the room and you may have to stay with the workers in a room. The blanket was worn out and seems dirty. And I even saw a small mouse in the kitchen. I could feel some vibration when my friend walked in the room. On the other hand, it is far from the bus station. You have to walk for a while after taking off the bus. But the staff in hostel are very nice and helpful.

On the homepage you didn't mention that the whole hoste is a building site! In this case the price should be less!

The bilding very nice look like a galery very unique i like it alot the personal was perfect and i had very nice night there...i recommend who is going to malaga good if you visite this place...

• 15th Dec 2013

Not possible to lock the room. There was only a small window to the hallway which was not possible to lock. Bathroom was ok but kind of dirty The price was the same as in all other hostels we visited in this yourney. But ist was the worst room.

• 8th Nov 2013

' The girl from the reception was really kind and understanding with us. And she was really helpful.'

Perfect location+ friendly stuff ! 5minutes from the main square (walking), lots of clubs/bars around, 10minutes from the beach... Me gusta muchisimo! ;) if I come back to Málaga, I will definitely come to this hostel! ;)

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Slovenia

Very nice stuff, good location and we have a good time in staying there. Warm recomendation.

I stayed here for one night in the 4 beds room on the second floor and didnt like it, it was very noisy; the room didnt have a window or ac; there was a fan which was broken, the door didnt have a lock and kept being opened by the wind. I couldnt lock it from the inside as other people hadnt come back to the room yet. Will not be coming back here.

Alamos 14 has a very good location walking distance from the sights in Malaga on the historic side of town, which makes it a good, economical spot to stay in Malaga. It's in a charming older building and fairly well kept up. However, I wouldn't suggest this for the hostel-goer looking to meet up with new people, though. They keep up with tours and such, but lack a good social space.

This hostel was the first I've ever stayed in, and judging by the pictures I thought it was going to be gorgeous. It was creepy from the outside in and did nothing to settle my unease that naturally comes with staying in a hostel for the first time. Then, the receptionist shorted me 8 euros when giving me my change, and wasn't very helpful when I asked for directions to the bus station. My sheets were clean, but my door didn't lock from the inside except for a tiny little latch.

• 6th Aug 2013

Nice personal touch with all the artwork. The space to eat your breakfast is very small - there is only one table.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

The staff is friendly and the breakfast is enough for your start of the day but it needs to improve its facilities. I could not lock the door for bathroom and there is only curtain for each division. It is tricky to open the door for the room. It is silly to reach the upper bed as the ladder is facing to the wall.

It has been the far most poor hostel, I've ever experienced, and I've travelled in many countries. The beds were so poor, which gave me back pains. The lock to enter the room was very hard to open, and the key would hardly let go of the lock. The bathroom for ladies were shared in another floor, and the door was not easy to close. This meant that after taking a bath, people walking by the ladies' bathroom could see everything! It was cheap, but sometimes you just need to spend more on yourself!

I recommend hostel because of very nice stuff. Everything was ok, location is perfect and I was enjoying staying there.

• 10th Jun 2013
  • Slovenia

Nice location, great atmosphere and decoration, very friendly and helpful staff! Thank you for giving us Uncle Johns room in addition. We had a really great stay!

I always enjoy staying at Alamos 14. It is a privately owned hostel with a very informal atmosphere without all the generic flashiness and company rules and policies of the other chain or group owned hostels. A whole mixture of characters of varying ages stay there. The staff are generous and friendly and not overly concerned with making money from you,like cooking food and then charging you 5 euros for a plate! Not here. It feels like visiting a friend's house,sitting chatting in the kitchen.

The hostel is clean and close to old town. The breakfast is very simple, but near the hostel are many different cheap offers.

I recommend you don't go to this hostel. We had a very unpleasant stay there. The bathrooms were very smelly and quite dirty. The kitchen was not clean and had only one pot, no forks and only tea spoons. Furthermore, the stove did not work properly. The hostel is very noisy. We could hear the people talking in the hallway and at the reception as if they were standing right next to our bed. The hosts were making the house feel more like their private residence than a welcoming, friendly hostel.

Impossible to find.