Alan Robert's Hotel Reviews

16, Rue Jean Jaures, Cannes, France

It was a nice place overall, very close to the train station! Half our lights didn´t work however, but good experience!

Great location directly in front of the train station. Close walk to the beach, many restaurants and bars around. Very clean room.

The hotel’s location is unbeatable – it’s just a 2- minute walk from the Cannes train station and about 8 minutes to La Croisette. The room I stayed in looked a bit cramped and dated but was sensibly equipped with the basics (wardrobe, a small table, TV, blankets, towels, toothbrushes etc.). Wifi was pretty strong too. They have a 24-hour reception manned by friendly and helpful staff. And next to the hotel is a quaint patisserie called Le Palais des Pains with amazing quiches and pastries!

There were some strange nightactive bugs in my room. A big black beetle on the floor which I killed and three ones which looked like bedbugs, but I am not sure. Furthermore, I think that the sheet on the pillow was not washed (the other sheets were clean). On the second day there was something strange & black in my bed between the sheets, which I think it was soot (no idea how it came there). However, I used my own sheet and slept with full light in order to scare the nightactive bugs away.

Cannes is a very expensive place for accommodation, so it was the cheapest place to stay here!! The rooms were small, we had a ensuite which was clean! The location is ok short walk to the old town and right in the shopping district! Also across the road from the train station!! So can't complain if you just plan to sleep there!!

Location is good,especially if you have a train to catch in the morning... It's in front of the gare. Staff super nice!