Alan Robert's Hotel Reviews

16, Rue Jean Jaures, Cannes, France

Hotel is very well located in Cannes and price accommodation ratio is OK. However I must emphasize that receptionist didn't speak French or English. It seemed that he could understand everything I told him but answers were very basic (no, yes, there....) and often completely understandable. Ti is NOT possible to pay with credit cards and WiFI does NOT work at all. When I asked about this problem, answer from receptionist was "disaster here" and he repeated this 3 times before I gave up.

I thought this hotel was really nice. Exactly what you needed.

• 19th Sep 2015

The room smelled like mold and had no ventilation. The Internet didn't work and the guy said there was no way to fix it. There was a window pointing into the hallway that was opened up when we were gone to try to help the smell but left our stuff open to theft.

The hostel was easy to find! It was also not too far from the beach and really easy to get there! The air conditioning was lovely. I have no complaints about this place.

Basic hotel which did the job. Stone's throw from train station and 10 minutes from the beach. Dribbly shower.

Good hotel in a great location near the station. Corner shop and boulangerie right downstairs was very handy. Rooms were nice with fresh towels and newly made beds every day. However the staff were not particularly helpful and the bathroom was absurdly small such that I literally couldn't use the toilet because the front was so close to the wall. Would stay here again but mainly just because anywhere else good seemed significantly more expensive.

Nice stay, the staff was very nice and kind (we arrived late and he didn't complain at all!), The room was nice and clean, as well as the bathroom. Quite small actually, but as we stayed just one night it was ok. Maybe the room was a bit cold. Anyway, not a place to stay for a long holiday or if you are very demanding, but it's perfect for a short stay and simple people.

• 15th Dec 2014

It was a nice place overall, very close to the train station! Half our lights didn´t work however, but good experience!

Great location directly in front of the train station. Close walk to the beach, many restaurants and bars around. Very clean room.

The hotel’s location is unbeatable – it’s just a 2- minute walk from the Cannes train station and about 8 minutes to La Croisette. The room I stayed in looked a bit cramped and dated but was sensibly equipped with the basics (wardrobe, a small table, TV, blankets, towels, toothbrushes etc.). Wifi was pretty strong too. They have a 24-hour reception manned by friendly and helpful staff. And next to the hotel is a quaint patisserie called Le Palais des Pains with amazing quiches and pastries!

There were some strange nightactive bugs in my room. A big black beetle on the floor which I killed and three ones which looked like bedbugs, but I am not sure. Furthermore, I think that the sheet on the pillow was not washed (the other sheets were clean). On the second day there was something strange & black in my bed between the sheets, which I think it was soot (no idea how it came there). However, I used my own sheet and slept with full light in order to scare the nightactive bugs away.

Cannes is a very expensive place for accommodation, so it was the cheapest place to stay here!! The rooms were small, we had a ensuite which was clean! The location is ok short walk to the old town and right in the shopping district! Also across the road from the train station!! So can't complain if you just plan to sleep there!!

Location is good,especially if you have a train to catch in the morning... It's in front of the gare. Staff super nice!

Good, clean and friendly accomodation. Wifi was a little temperamental. Would stay here again.

I couldnt find any hostels in Cannes, so this was the cheapest accomodation i could book. The hotel had a funny smell about it that got into your clothes, bathroom was VERY small and pokie and the shower head wasnt attached to the wall which made washing your hair really hard! the hotel was in a really good location close to shops, beach and across the road from the train station.

We just stayed one night but everything was ok

The hotel is located in the center of Cannes which is great however the staff is really unfriendly. The rooms are absolutely fine and good for its value.

They need to have more people working in staff .

This was perfect for what I wanted, as a relaxing holiday by the beach this was perfect, a 2 minute walk from a great beach and less than a minute walk to the train station, there was a shower and toilet in the room the shop next door is a little bakery. Cannes is an expensive city so I was ASTONISHED by the price of this hotel and the quality of it for how cheap it was, the cleaning and reception staff were all friendly. This hotel is perfect for a family on a budget or a traveler like me.

The staff was helpful and very kind. Our room was always clean and proper. Thank you for all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3