Alan Robert's Hotel Reviews

16, Rue Jean Jaures, Cannes, France

It was a nice place overall, very close to the train station! Half our lights didn´t work however, but good experience!

Great location directly in front of the train station. Close walk to the beach, many restaurants and bars around. Very clean room.

The hotel’s location is unbeatable – it’s just a 2- minute walk from the Cannes train station and about 8 minutes to La Croisette. The room I stayed in looked a bit cramped and dated but was sensibly equipped with the basics (wardrobe, a small table, TV, blankets, towels, toothbrushes etc.). Wifi was pretty strong too. They have a 24-hour reception manned by friendly and helpful staff. And next to the hotel is a quaint patisserie called Le Palais des Pains with amazing quiches and pastries!

There were some strange nightactive bugs in my room. A big black beetle on the floor which I killed and three ones which looked like bedbugs, but I am not sure. Furthermore, I think that the sheet on the pillow was not washed (the other sheets were clean). On the second day there was something strange & black in my bed between the sheets, which I think it was soot (no idea how it came there). However, I used my own sheet and slept with full light in order to scare the nightactive bugs away.

Cannes is a very expensive place for accommodation, so it was the cheapest place to stay here!! The rooms were small, we had a ensuite which was clean! The location is ok short walk to the old town and right in the shopping district! Also across the road from the train station!! So can't complain if you just plan to sleep there!!

Location is good,especially if you have a train to catch in the morning... It's in front of the gare. Staff super nice!

Good, clean and friendly accomodation. Wifi was a little temperamental. Would stay here again.

I couldnt find any hostels in Cannes, so this was the cheapest accomodation i could book. The hotel had a funny smell about it that got into your clothes, bathroom was VERY small and pokie and the shower head wasnt attached to the wall which made washing your hair really hard! the hotel was in a really good location close to shops, beach and across the road from the train station.

We just stayed one night but everything was ok

The hotel is located in the center of Cannes which is great however the staff is really unfriendly. The rooms are absolutely fine and good for its value.

They need to have more people working in staff .

This was perfect for what I wanted, as a relaxing holiday by the beach this was perfect, a 2 minute walk from a great beach and less than a minute walk to the train station, there was a shower and toilet in the room the shop next door is a little bakery. Cannes is an expensive city so I was ASTONISHED by the price of this hotel and the quality of it for how cheap it was, the cleaning and reception staff were all friendly. This hotel is perfect for a family on a budget or a traveler like me.

The staff was helpful and very kind. Our room was always clean and proper. Thank you for all.

the room is very small, i cannot even sit up on my bed... and the bed sheets are not clean. i do not like the location.

The hostel should consider the WiFi network. In the first day when I came and asked for a WiFi connection, the staff, after checking a bit, told me there some problems with the key generation. In the second day, although I could connect to the internet, I only could use the internet for 1 hour and had to wait 1 hour more before I could reconnect to internet.

• 5th Mar 2013
  • Vietnam

I had to work on my laptop the first morning. When the staff started cleaning the room nex to mine, I went to the hall and waited a long time, then came back to work: staff member knocked on the door and asked if she could enter to clean the room, I said I really needed to work... Nobody cleaned my room for the rest of my stay. Not cool. Also, the wifi system sucks. You have to keep asking for keys every day. I still managed to send my report on time, but just barely.

Good buy for the money; found it quite clean and friendly. Heads up: NOT a non-smoking hotel. Despite signs posted, the hotel smelled smoky, someone next door to us smoked a ton. Since my husband's allergies can be triggered by smoke I told the manager, who shrugged and said he couldn't enforce the rule. (Ash trays in the room suggest they condone it...?) Also cig. burns and lipstick on the bedspread...eew. But safe, friendly, and honest. Got to stay in Cannes without going broke! Overall great!

• 25th Jan 2013

not the great place to be, no lift from the ground floor, no breakfast included, and the owner added some tax that wasn`t in the quote....

Good location to the train station, although we got off the train at 9pm and there were some interesting characters hanging around the station/on the street the hostel was on. Once we got our bearings the next day we felt more comfortable with the security of the hotel. Clean rooms, simple but it gave us a roof over our heads. A bit noisy at night with the club across the street filtering directly into our room, but otherwise it was what we paid for.

• 29th Sep 2012

We only stayed for one night. It was clean and met our basic necessities.

• 14th Sep 2012