Alaska Backpackers Inn Reviews

409 Eagle Street, Anchorage, USA

A couple weeks before my trip I got an email form the hostel telling me that they had problems with the fire department and a section of the hostel was closed. My reservation (made ins September) was canceled and I had to pay more than double for a hotel since I couldn't find any other hostel at that time. I rated poor because the only real contact I had with the hostel was the cold email telling that my reservation was canceled.

Not the best experience here. Staff was clueless and unhelpful. Wanted to change my stay from Thurs

In all fairness we got there at check in time 4pm and then we left reasonably early the next day they are only probably 10 mins walk the the mall which is huge really u can even walk a bit further down road and u will find places to eat and have few drinks. The only downfall I felt was u had to go to to another building 2 min walk to use cooking facilities or even make a drink bad luck if it was pouring with rain but overall not too bad

• 4th Aug 2014

Alaska is expensive. This place is very inexpensive. Not the best hostel I have been in around the world but there were clean sheets. The bathroom was fair. Can't beat the price. Definitely not a place to just "hang out" but I would stay there again for a few nights.

• 2nd Aug 2014