Alaska Backpackers Inn Reviews

409 Eagle Street, Anchorage, USA

Not the best experience here. Staff was clueless and unhelpful. Wanted to change my stay from Thurs

In all fairness we got there at check in time 4pm and then we left reasonably early the next day they are only probably 10 mins walk the the mall which is huge really u can even walk a bit further down road and u will find places to eat and have few drinks. The only downfall I felt was u had to go to to another building 2 min walk to use cooking facilities or even make a drink bad luck if it was pouring with rain but overall not too bad

• 4th Aug 2014

Alaska is expensive. This place is very inexpensive. Not the best hostel I have been in around the world but there were clean sheets. The bathroom was fair. Can't beat the price. Definitely not a place to just "hang out" but I would stay there again for a few nights.

• 2nd Aug 2014

There were blood stains on my bed sheet! The floor had not been cleaned or mopped for at least a month. There was stuff under my bed, too. Staff reacted to my complaint. Kudos for that. Floor looked better after, but there was still stuff under my bed. I wanted to cancel my last day and they wouldn't refund me, despite 48 hrs notice! They allow locals to stay, who are broke and don't belong! Room mate asked me to lend her money! No travellers' community whatsoever...

The location of the hostel was perfect for my needs; I could hop on a bike or walk to the city center in minutes. The internet was a little slow, but it didn't affect my stay too much.The cleaning staff would generally be quite loud when they came around, and the bed was lumpy, but these would be my only complaints. The interactions I had with staff were pleasant and the facilities were nicely kept, clean, and organized.

In one hour of being there we witnessed two different incidents of management yelling at the staff in public areas. They were EXTREMELY rude to the cleaning staff. It was awkward to witness. The facility is pretty rundown and not clean. The bathrooms had standing water on the floor. The area is also not great. It's walking distance to downtown but not situated in a good part of town. I would not stay here again.

Well firstly i found the staff to be good. But unfortunately this hostel is not only a hostel for travelers but for locals and homeless, often carrying drugs and weapons. Security is very poor and the hostel is located in a pretty rough part of town. Kitchen is not maintained. Bed linen was clean and beds were comfy though.