Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

a little outside of town center but on the way to all the things to do in bariloche, bus stops at 5 minutes walks quiet hostel, nearby supermercado, very well equipped to cook and a great playa just 2 min walk if you don´t want a party hostel and like simple and quiet, definitely book there

Really nice staff and very clean. My 6 bed dorm room was downstairs and had plenty of space. Location is good in that it's in a quiet residential neighbourhood and the bus stop is close. The only negative for me was the nearly 20 min walk to the supermarket along Av. Bustillas which is a very busy, noisy and dusty road.

Excellent hostel - comfortable and clean. The staff are great - all really nice and willing to help. Explained in depth to us the best places to go in Bariloche, helped us book trips etc. Good atmosphere - everyone socialises. Definitely recommend.

They lost my reservation when I arrived but set me up with a super comfortable couch. The staff were lovely. Unfortunately the location was outside of central, but I. Hindsight it was actually perfect (you can skip the city centre easily).

People are very friendly. I really have a good time there.

Naty is great and friendly, I tried to change the booking with short notice, she still accommodated that which is really helpful. Everything is great just a little bit far from downtown.

Such a wonderful hostel! The owners and employees are super helpful and fun - if you have any questions or just want to chat they're all ears. I stayed here during Christmas and everyone (25+ people) got together and cooked up a feast, and the following day we had an asado. The vibes here are super positive and it's a great place to make friends. The location is nice and convenient - not too far from the bus station, grocery stores, and right by the beaches. I totally recommend this place!

I just wanted to write a review of this hostel, because I really liked it. Cosy atmosphere, funny building, genius kitchen + staff. Celebrated Christmas there which was absolutely a blast :)

The hostel is in a quiet street five mins from the nearest bus stop so transport links are good, which is important as it is over 7km from the centre. The room was spacious and clean, however, the towels they gave us smelt bad. The bathroom was acceptable, however, the shower takes ages to get hot. Worst breakfast we have had so far. We were disappointed with the owner as she messed up an excursion for us and I got the impression she didn't really care. Overall mixed feelings about this place.

Hi! A few things: first of all you never told us about any of these situations!! So you didn´t give us an opportunity to solve them. The towels, we could changed them in a second for example.About the excursión I sat with you for more than 15 minutes explained you everything, tours, trekks etc. I booked 1 and when you got back you told me was only in spanish. In Argentina the official language is Castellano...Anyway I apologized for the inconvenience.

It was too far from the center, what made it uncomfortable. The room was cold at night and the mattress was bad. The stuff was kind, and there was a good atmosphere.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel, quiet, cool and perfect to access to all the good things to see around ! Amazing services, a lot of attention from the owner and the staff, great breakfast, dorms and rooms perfect! Whats else to say?? Thankkkkssss! Une super auberge, calme, tranquille et bien situee pour acceder a tous les sites des environs! Un service genial, beaucoup d'attention, un petit dej au top, des dortoirs et chambres supers.. Que dire de plus?? Merciiiiiii!

• 25th Nov 2014

You can offer other options in the breakfast

I loved this place! The owner and the staff really made a point of providing you with all the information you needed and a comfortable stay. They were super sweet and the hostel itself was really nice, warm and homely. I'd definitely recommend it.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at in South America. It resembles a ski chalet and is really quaint, clean, spacious and always warm. We were warmly welcomed by Natalie who went to great lengths to explain everything that we could do around Bariloche. You soon felt at home. The showers are piping hot, the location although out of town is central on the strip hence perfectly located. This hostel made Bariloche all the more memorable and possibly my favourite place in Argentina.

For my first hostel experience, this was amazing. Loved every minute of my visit. Nati even offered me tips for my next trip! It was like having a family away from home.

Comfortable, Clean & recieved help from Nati who gave me a map and pointed everything to see even though I stayed x 4 days I Loved it and with the help I received, I visited many places.The hostel had great a.c. and luckily my roommates were great so i did had great nights of sleep. The staff were really nice as well. I'm coming back next year. :)

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Peru

This place is just terrible... Dirty, poor staff service, very noisy, absolutely unconfortable, horrible for the price. The owner is polite, but other member of the staff was rude and desonest. And there were itens stolen in the refrigerator. Please, traveler, save yourself the headache and just go somewhere else.

• 12th Aug 2014

What an unfair comment! You arrived late at night and early the next day showed up at the reception with suitcases telling us that you were leaving. We sat with you, we ask you what happened... You told us that you didn´t like the room because was not clean enaugh and noisy. We offered you another room, and that was ok for you and you decided to stay. After that we didn´t received any complains from you.Based on other guests comments I´m pretty sure anybody can check this is not true!