Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

I loved this place! The owner and the staff really made a point of providing you with all the information you needed and a comfortable stay. They were super sweet and the hostel itself was really nice, warm and homely. I'd definitely recommend it.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at in South America. It resembles a ski chalet and is really quaint, clean, spacious and always warm. We were warmly welcomed by Natalie who went to great lengths to explain everything that we could do around Bariloche. You soon felt at home. The showers are piping hot, the location although out of town is central on the strip hence perfectly located. This hostel made Bariloche all the more memorable and possibly my favourite place in Argentina.

For my first hostel experience, this was amazing. Loved every minute of my visit. Nati even offered me tips for my next trip! It was like having a family away from home.

Comfortable, Clean & recieved help from Nati who gave me a map and pointed everything to see even though I stayed x 4 days I Loved it and with the help I received, I visited many places.The hostel had great a.c. and luckily my roommates were great so i did had great nights of sleep. The staff were really nice as well. I'm coming back next year. :)

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Peru

This place is just terrible... Dirty, poor staff service, very noisy, absolutely unconfortable, horrible for the price. The owner is polite, but other member of the staff was rude and desonest. And there were itens stolen in the refrigerator. Please, traveler, save yourself the headache and just go somewhere else.

• 12th Aug 2014

What an unfair comment! You arrived late at night and early the next day showed up at the reception with suitcases telling us that you were leaving. We sat with you, we ask you what happened... You told us that you didn´t like the room because was not clean enaugh and noisy. We offered you another room, and that was ok for you and you decided to stay. After that we didn´t received any complains from you.Based on other guests comments I´m pretty sure anybody can check this is not true!

Amazing hostel! Great atmosphere and really enjoyed meeting other guests and staff! Felt at home straight away. Good location for eating and drinking and closer to the ski resort. Has good connections for Ski rentals etc. We had a great stay here and would recommend to others visiting bariloche!

i dont often write reviews but this place more than deserved a one. Naty and the rest of the staff are incredibly helpful. Great cabin kind of building. very comfortable and warm. not in the town but many markets, restaurants, and bars near by and is close to the Catedral road turn off. people were amazing, friendly, communal and gave us the feeling we were family when we were there. will definitley be returning to this great hostel...thanks Naty! - Dylan and Willis

Good hostel, nice atmosphere and from there is pretty easy to get to the main atractions.

I rarely write reviews and usually only do so for constructive criticism. However I enjoyed my time here immensely and I feel compelled to share my experience. The owners are extremely helpful and friendly, the place is cleaned top to bottom every day, and even though its about 10 minute bus ride from the center it still has an abundance of awesome bars, breweries, and restaurants nearby. It is also much closer to the real fun stuff such as hiking/skiing. I highly suggest this hostel!

I never write comments but after my stay at The Alaska Hostel I had to! The staff was more than helpful, telling me all about the town, where to go, how to get there, and even driving me to the bus station when the taxi was going to take far to long. The hostel is very homey and comfortable which I looked for not wanting to be downtown or pay to much money for an extravagant hostel. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes from downtown but it is a perfect location for skiing and all outdoor activities

• 27th Jun 2014