Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

Best asset is your 2 volunteers

Great atmosphere and very friendly staff. Close to the main road and the beach, and its distance from the city center gives it a very tranquil vibe. We loved spending time at the hostel, plus it was very easy to access everything else in Bariloche by bus. The staff gave great us great suggestions.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Very friendly, informative welcome, with lots of advice on what to do. Location surprised me, but was perfect, good distance to both all of the more interesting stuff towards Llao Llao, and Bariloche itself. No key to the dorm room, not particularly bothered, but also the 'locker' is a cupboard with 2 doors, so you would need 2 padlocks to actually keep anything locked in it! Overall a really good stay.

I loved my stay at Alaska Hostel. Everyone was very friendly, and it was a terrific place to spend time and get to know people.

• 14th Mar 2015

We absolutely loved our stay here and didn't want to leave! The staff were brilliant, incredibly helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great. It's located perfectly between the town and the big national park so you can get to everything very easily. Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Bariloche.

All-around great hostel. Clean, great breakfast, great staff (the determining factor of its greatness, really), and cool ambiance. The town is beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful when it came to getting around.//Todo aquí fue genial. Todo limpio, buen desayuno (con pan hecho de mano), empleados muy amables (lo mas importante para mi), y buen ambiente. El pueblo es hermoso, y los empleados nos ayudaron a encontrar todo lo que queríamos.

We enjoyed very much our stay in Alaska hostel. The staff is great, very enthusiastic, with a lot of good plans (thanks again Dani!). Great kitchen, well organised, with lots of equipment. The only dark point would be the shared bathroom, shared between maybe too many people...

Had a fantastic stay in Alaska hostel. The staff were very helpful, and its in a great location. Alaska hostel do try it.

After 1 good night, a bus with a party of 26 people arrived in the hostal, and started a party with loud music , abusive drinking and shouting which lasted till 4am,without the staff stopping this. On the contrary, the fridge had been specially filled for the arrival of the bus. In my mind, absolutely not ok.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Excellent staff and great location even if its not downtown, what better for me like that because its near of a beach and near of hills to climb and rental bike to do the Circuito Chico.

Great place to stay in Bariloche! Great location, right in the middle of all the places to go and see. And minutes to the beach! Naty was loads of knowledge of what to do/where to go and how to get the best out of Bariloche. When we wanted to stay another night but didn't reserve ahead (reserve! they will fill up!), Naty made sure we had a bed. Thank you so much for making Bariloche one of the highlights of our trip!

The owners and staff were very helpful in providing information on the area and assisting with transportation needs. This is a great relaxing location, with easy walking distance to all services. Had a great stay.

• 16th Feb 2015

The hotel is a very nice place, at 7km from the center, the staff was very helpful too but it seems to be hard to have a good sleep there.

a little outside of town center but on the way to all the things to do in bariloche, bus stops at 5 minutes walks quiet hostel, nearby supermercado, very well equipped to cook and a great playa just 2 min walk if you don´t want a party hostel and like simple and quiet, definitely book there

Really nice staff and very clean. My 6 bed dorm room was downstairs and had plenty of space. Location is good in that it's in a quiet residential neighbourhood and the bus stop is close. The only negative for me was the nearly 20 min walk to the supermarket along Av. Bustillas which is a very busy, noisy and dusty road.

Great hostel in a super cute A Frame structure. The bathroom situation sucks a bit as there always seemed to be a bit of a wait when the hostel is full as there are only 3 toilets/showers to use for ALL of the guests without private rooms. I personally liked that it wasn't in the center of town. You get a more rustic and beautiful scene and can always take a cheap bus into the center. The kitchen/cooking facilities were great! I think there were three stoves which made for plenty of space.

Excellent hostel - comfortable and clean. The staff are great - all really nice and willing to help. Explained in depth to us the best places to go in Bariloche, helped us book trips etc. Good atmosphere - everyone socialises. Definitely recommend.

They lost my reservation when I arrived but set me up with a super comfortable couch. The staff were lovely. Unfortunately the location was outside of central, but I. Hindsight it was actually perfect (you can skip the city centre easily).

People are very friendly. I really have a good time there.

Naty is great and friendly, I tried to change the booking with short notice, she still accommodated that which is really helpful. Everything is great just a little bit far from downtown.