Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

While the owners were friendly I hardly saw them. It would have been nice to have some staff available at breakfast to answer questions about things to do. The local bus system is a pain but that is not their fault but maybe try to where they are available or get some and sell them to guests. The location is good for being midway to hikes & midway to town but without a bus you will be trapped. Only 1 shower and usually has dirty rags in it. Kitchen has 1 working oven but often used for bread.

Hi! Normally one of us is there every morning from 8 am, also every time I saw you I asked if you need any extra info. Oven we have 2, and we only use 1 of those for bread when everybody is out... I´ll check the shower again Cheers Naty

Great staff who helped with everything from getting around town to preparing mate. Breakfast with homemade bread was great. Location is out of main centre but easy to access by bus and we enjoyed being away from the crowds!

Hostel Alaska was a fantastic place to stay in Bariloche. We really appreciated it being away from the centre and it was good for all bus routes to the major lakes and treks. The atmosphere was great, they organised an asado evening and everything was cooked to perfection! The staff were awesome and when we stupidly left our passports after departure they were really helpful in ensuring they were returned to the true owners! A great hostel, I recommend highly. Thanks Alaska!

I've been staying in many hostels over the years but I have to say, that the first time, I met such helpful lovely hosts! The hostel is wooden and very cosy, people are very respectful of the place and others, so you won't see dirty plates or rest of sphaghettis in the sink. It's a quiet place, but with a big buena onda, and friendly people. Naty and Sara were very helpful, giving us good advice for our stay and helping us rent a car. The hostel is 5 minutes away from a beach and a market!

It is really far from the downtown, has nothing close to it like supermarket or stores. If you don't have a car you wont have a good time. I don't recommend it.

Don't stay there!!Bad value for your money! We stayed there for 6 nights.We had the worst time there. The hostel is far from the center.There were no hot water in the shower.The laundry we sent came back still dirty.The staff was unkind and blamed us in the mess .We left our bags in the storage room when we left to El Bolson,unfortunately when we came back, half of them were open and a lot of stuff were stolen from my bag.The owner had nothing to say about that although it's his responsibility!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Israel

I can´t say more that EVERYTHING IS A LIE! You never said anything to us! Hot water, laundry (that you "forgot" to pay) etc.Actually you stayed one extra night...Also we do not have a storage room: you asked us if you can leave your bags at the living room, we said yes... And the day you came back as we reclaimed the laundry and some beers you started talking about missing socks, that at the end were almost all you clothed...The truth is sometimes we have really bad guests, you were one of those....

Stayed at Alaska Hostel over Christmas 2015 and had a wonderful time. The team there were super helpful and knew all about their area, giving advice on things to do, places to go and even organising tour around the 7 lakes for us. Alaska Hostel provided the perfect place to explore the area from, and chilled out place to relax at the end of the day.

Nice hostel with a very well equipped kitchen. The staff were really friendly and even gave us advise on where else to go in Argentina.