Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

I loved my stay at Alaska Hostel. Everyone was very friendly, and it was a terrific place to spend time and get to know people.

• 14th Mar 2015

We absolutely loved our stay here and didn't want to leave! The staff were brilliant, incredibly helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great. It's located perfectly between the town and the big national park so you can get to everything very easily. Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Bariloche.

All-around great hostel. Clean, great breakfast, great staff (the determining factor of its greatness, really), and cool ambiance. The town is beautiful and the staff were friendly and helpful when it came to getting around.//Todo aquí fue genial. Todo limpio, buen desayuno (con pan hecho de mano), empleados muy amables (lo mas importante para mi), y buen ambiente. El pueblo es hermoso, y los empleados nos ayudaron a encontrar todo lo que queríamos.

We enjoyed very much our stay in Alaska hostel. The staff is great, very enthusiastic, with a lot of good plans (thanks again Dani!). Great kitchen, well organised, with lots of equipment. The only dark point would be the shared bathroom, shared between maybe too many people...

Had a fantastic stay in Alaska hostel. The staff were very helpful, and its in a great location. Alaska hostel do try it.

After 1 good night, a bus with a party of 26 people arrived in the hostal, and started a party with loud music , abusive drinking and shouting which lasted till 4am,without the staff stopping this. On the contrary, the fridge had been specially filled for the arrival of the bus. In my mind, absolutely not ok.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Excellent staff and great location even if its not downtown, what better for me like that because its near of a beach and near of hills to climb and rental bike to do the Circuito Chico.

Great place to stay in Bariloche! Great location, right in the middle of all the places to go and see. And minutes to the beach! Naty was loads of knowledge of what to do/where to go and how to get the best out of Bariloche. When we wanted to stay another night but didn't reserve ahead (reserve! they will fill up!), Naty made sure we had a bed somewhere whether it be a couch or tent space in the yard. Thank you so much for making Bariloche one of the highlights of our trip!

The owners and staff were very helpful in providing information on the area and assisting with transportation needs. This is a great relaxing location, with easy walking distance to all services. Had a great stay.

• 16th Feb 2015

The hotel is a very nice place, at 7km from the center, the staff was very helpful too but it seems to be hard to have a good sleep there.

a little outside of town center but on the way to all the things to do in bariloche, bus stops at 5 minutes walks quiet hostel, nearby supermercado, very well equipped to cook and a great playa just 2 min walk if you don´t want a party hostel and like simple and quiet, definitely book there

Really nice staff and very clean. My 6 bed dorm room was downstairs and had plenty of space. Location is good in that it's in a quiet residential neighbourhood and the bus stop is close. The only negative for me was the nearly 20 min walk to the supermarket along Av. Bustillas which is a very busy, noisy and dusty road.

Great hostel in a super cute A Frame structure. The bathroom situation sucks a bit as there always seemed to be a bit of a wait when the hostel is full as there are only 3 toilets/showers to use for ALL of the guests without private rooms. I personally liked that it wasn't in the center of town. You get a more rustic and beautiful scene and can always take a cheap bus into the center. The kitchen/cooking facilities were great! I think there were three stoves which made for plenty of space.

Excellent hostel - comfortable and clean. The staff are great - all really nice and willing to help. Explained in depth to us the best places to go in Bariloche, helped us book trips etc. Good atmosphere - everyone socialises. Definitely recommend.

They lost my reservation when I arrived but set me up with a super comfortable couch. The staff were lovely. Unfortunately the location was outside of central, but I. Hindsight it was actually perfect (you can skip the city centre easily).

People are very friendly. I really have a good time there.

Naty is great and friendly, I tried to change the booking with short notice, she still accommodated that which is really helpful. Everything is great just a little bit far from downtown.

Such a wonderful hostel! The owners and employees are super helpful and fun - if you have any questions or just want to chat they're all ears. I stayed here during Christmas and everyone (25+ people) got together and cooked up a feast, and the following day we had an asado. The vibes here are super positive and it's a great place to make friends. The location is nice and convenient - not too far from the bus station, grocery stores, and right by the beaches. I totally recommend this place!

I just wanted to write a review of this hostel, because I really liked it. Cosy atmosphere, funny building, genius kitchen + staff. Celebrated Christmas there which was absolutely a blast :)

The hostel is in a quiet street five mins from the nearest bus stop so transport links are good, which is important as it is over 7km from the centre. The room was spacious and clean, however, the towels they gave us smelt bad. The bathroom was acceptable, however, the shower takes ages to get hot. Worst breakfast we have had so far. We were disappointed with the owner as she messed up an excursion for us and I got the impression she didn't really care. Overall mixed feelings about this place.

Hi! A few things: first of all you never told us about any of these situations!! So you didn´t give us an opportunity to solve them. The towels, we could changed them in a second for example.About the excursión I sat with you for more than 15 minutes explained you everything, tours, trekks etc. I booked 1 and when you got back you told me was only in spanish. In Argentina the official language is Castellano...Anyway I apologized for the inconvenience.