Alaska Hostel Reviews

Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche, Argentina

Amazing hostel! Great atmosphere and really enjoyed meeting other guests and staff! Felt at home straight away. Good location for eating and drinking and closer to the ski resort. Has good connections for Ski rentals etc. We had a great stay here and would recommend to others visiting bariloche!

i dont often write reviews but this place more than deserved a one. Naty and the rest of the staff are incredibly helpful. Great cabin kind of building. very comfortable and warm. not in the town but many markets, restaurants, and bars near by and is close to the Catedral road turn off. people were amazing, friendly, communal and gave us the feeling we were family when we were there. will definitley be returning to this great hostel...thanks Naty! - Dylan and Willis

Good hostel, nice atmosphere and from there is pretty easy to get to the main atractions.

I rarely write reviews and usually only do so for constructive criticism. However I enjoyed my time here immensely and I feel compelled to share my experience. The owners are extremely helpful and friendly, the place is cleaned top to bottom every day, and even though its about 10 minute bus ride from the center it still has an abundance of awesome bars, breweries, and restaurants nearby. It is also much closer to the real fun stuff such as hiking/skiing. I highly suggest this hostel!

I never write comments but after my stay at The Alaska Hostel I had to! The staff was more than helpful, telling me all about the town, where to go, how to get there, and even driving me to the bus station when the taxi was going to take far to long. The hostel is very homey and comfortable which I looked for not wanting to be downtown or pay to much money for an extravagant hostel. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes from downtown but it is a perfect location for skiing and all outdoor activities

• 27th Jun 2014

This hostel is amazing!!! For starters the guy that works there is the nicest guy I have ever met, he is so friendly & will do absolutely anything to help you! He went completely out if his way to help us book our next bus, calling different companies & checking the weather etc.. Just amazing customer service! Good location as it's close to all the lakes, massive kitchen, good breakfast, lovely atmosphere, really nice & clean rooms! 100% recommend staying here! We absolutely loved our stay!

I discovered that BRC is an amazing place with enchanting nature and energy that can leave you breathless. I believe that my stay in the hostel had something to do with this experience. The staff were really friendly and helpful, I have nothing but thanks to my hosts. I really enjoyed it. My impression was of a cozy and homely small hostel, really what I was looking for. But I think everyone can make its own impression about it, and maybe that's the magic of places like this.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

Cute hostel a little outside the town but easy to get to either by bus or taxi from the bus station. The couple that ran it were really friendly and helpful and attentive when we had problems. Kitchen was great, one of the best that we had in S America. We had a double private room, unfortunately it was the one with glass doors which let in a lot of light and noise from the common area. We switched to another room after a couple of nights and slept better. Bathroom got very wet and grimy.

We really recommend this hostal. Our planing was to stay there for two days, but it was so nice and beautiful, so we extended and stayed there in total eight nights. You feel like at home, there is a huge kitchen, a comfortable living room and the atmosphere is very warmly. The both owners are really friendly and helped us with every need. The location is perfect for all the trekking tours. It's closer to the national park than staying direct in the city. We enjoyed our time there so much!

I've had a wonderfull time in Alaska Hostel. Beautiful place, grate staff and a delicious breakfast with home made bread. I felt at home!!!

• 22nd Mar 2014

We stayed in hostel Alaska for almost a week and really enjoyed our stay. It is not in the center of Bariloche, but it's closer to all the outdoor activities. The staff is really friendly and helpful. We booked a double room, which was very good value and clean. The kitchen is well equiped for cooking and a nice area to socialise.

Very nice place with polite and helpful staff! I can only recomand it!

Nice livingroom upstairs but the dorms and private rooms in the basement are awefull. It always smells like gas and the bathroom in the basement is completely full of mold. The location is also not the best. You need at least 15 minutes by bus to the City centre.

We offered you to change room if you didnt like the one you´d booked, but you didnt even checked another. If you were dissapointed with the location, you´d better check comments on the web and choose hostels for location and not prices. I gave you a map and explained everything you can do in BRC for half an hour and you never mentioned any trouble with the hostel or it location, so i dont understand why did you stay here anyway.