8.4
Fabulous 344 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 344 Total Reviews
Alaska Hostel Located at Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500, Bariloche.
Argentina
Bariloche Lilinquen 328, Av Bustillo 7500
84% 344
-41.1240915 -71.3921213
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
10th May 2016

Staff were accommodating and friendly upon arrival. Attentive to our needs during our stay, the room was comfortable, apart from the upstairs dorm sounding like a herd of elephants running across the ceiling. Facilities were clean and the location is good, close to bus stop to national park and central. Unfortunately on our last morning no one was around until nearly 9.00am meaning we were late checking out to catch the bus and we left with no breakfast. I'm sure it was a once off though.

• England, Female, 31-40
11th Apr 2016

Great Place to stay! All staff are very friendly and will try to help in any way they can. Rooms are warm and comfortable and showers are good and hot! Close to transport links into town (5 min walk) and great location for easy access to Llao Llao area. Thanks for everything guys!

29th Mar 2016

This place is awesome. Naty (owner) is so friendly and helpful. The hostel is run very well and the staff is knowledgeable and attentive. I have stayed in Bariloche for over a month stretched over to separate trips and have not even considered staying in another hostel. These guys are the jam.

18th Mar 2016

Great location. Great staff. Great people. Very clean and comfortable! plentiful breakfast and good atmosphere. Hot showers galore. The internet is the best I found in the area. This is definitely one of the best hostel experiences I have ever had. It was a great home base to to have as I explored the Bariloche area and beyond. It felt like a home every time I came back! Highly recommended.

10th Feb 2016

Love the place and love Nati the owner that was willing to help and assist in every question and request that I had. Good treatment, good staff, very clean facility and comfortable, and above all great atmosphere... If I will come back to Bariloche I will definitely come back to that same hostel!

• gmillett7092
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
28th Jan 2016
6.0

While the owners were friendly I hardly saw them. It would have been nice to have some staff available at breakfast to answer questions about things to do. The local bus system is a pain but that is not their fault but maybe try to where they are available or get some and sell them to guests. The location is good for being midway to hikes & midway to town but without a bus you will be trapped. Only 1 shower and usually has dirty rags in it. Kitchen has 1 working oven but often used for bread.

Hi! Normally one of us is there every morning from 8 am, also every time I saw you I asked if you need any extra info. Oven we have 2, and we only use 1 of those for bread when everybody is out... I´ll check the shower again Cheers Naty

• karenhobday8960
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
24th Jan 2016

Great staff who helped with everything from getting around town to preparing mate. Breakfast with homemade bread was great. Location is out of main centre but easy to access by bus and we enjoyed being away from the crowds!

• pricecode
  • England, Couple, 25-30
15th Jan 2016

Hostel Alaska was a fantastic place to stay in Bariloche. We really appreciated it being away from the centre and it was good for all bus routes to the major lakes and treks. The atmosphere was great, they organised an asado evening and everything was cooked to perfection! The staff were awesome and when we stupidly left our passports after departure they were really helpful in ensuring they were returned to the true owners! A great hostel, I recommend highly. Thanks Alaska!

• France, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2016

I've been staying in many hostels over the years but I have to say, that the first time, I met such helpful lovely hosts! The hostel is wooden and very cosy, people are very respectful of the place and others, so you won't see dirty plates or rest of sphaghettis in the sink. It's a quiet place, but with a big buena onda, and friendly people. Naty and Sara were very helpful, giving us good advice for our stay and helping us rent a car. The hostel is 5 minutes away from a beach and a market!

• Argentina, All Male Group, 18-24
29th Dec 2015
2.0

It is really far from the downtown, has nothing close to it like supermarket or stores. If you don't have a car you wont have a good time. I don't recommend it.